Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online Multiplayer Tips
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Hardcore Ottoman
I finally played online tonight and basically got murdered in the same place by the same people for about an hour. It's impossible to run away from them. Sort of fun, but sort of frustrating. He kept saying "I'm murda_man and I murdered you!" with a Virginian accent. It was him and another ganging up on poor little me.

Also, I cleared out a gang hideout and a random user helped me and then at the end his mic finally pipes in with a slight chuckle... he shoots me in the head, laughs, and then leaves the free roam. I laughed too!

I killed like six birds for fun and won sharpshooter lvl 1. Not much else. Multiplayer is either boring or frustratingly brutal. Any good tips?
ViceMan
Find some decent people to play with and complete some gang hideouts to level up fast, then you'll get some better weapons. Making it harder for people to gun you down.
PabloHoneyOle
Yeah, definitely need to posse up with someone who isn't a 13 year old and will help you on bandit hideouts and such.
Psy
Best tip I have is do multiplayer on your own. Start a free mode private server and take over Solomon's Folly gang hideout over and over. You get 1000-1400 XP every time and it takes about 3 minutes to finish. I'm level 37 almost totally from doing gang hideouts on my own. If you work with someone else it's quicker but you get less XP, and seeing as it doesn't matter if you die, just keep respawning and playing till you kill them all.
asthenia
Ladies and gentlemen, here we have it.... Psy, the n00b. dry.gif

Thanks for the tip wink.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (Psy @ May 26 2010, 08:46 AM) *
Best tip I have is do multiplayer on your own. Start a free mode private server and take over Solomon's Folly gang hideout over and over. You get 1000-1400 XP every time and it takes about 3 minutes to finish. I'm level 37 almost totally from doing gang hideouts on my own. If you work with someone else it's quicker but you get less XP, and seeing as it doesn't matter if you die, just keep respawning and playing till you kill them all.

lol, there was a jackass in the freeroam lobby last night doing this exact same thing... we just assumed that it was an easy way to level up... we were going for the "clear all gang hideouts in a single session" trophy so, we were hoping for no trouble when we reached solomon's folly... thankfully there wasn't any... there almost was trouble at the mining camp because, there was already a guy there trying to do it all by himself... when we got near him in the tunnels, he starts yelling to his teammates that he needs help ASAP because he thought we were coming to kill him... we didn't and he quickly told everyone to not kill us biggrin.gif...

but yea, gang hideouts are the quick and easy solution to leveling up... i'm at level 21 biggrin.gif...
Psy
There is actually an even easier way to do Solomon's Folly. A glitch I found that means the first 20 enemies you kill all TOTALLY ignore you. You can walk up to them and knife them in the face and no one gives a shit. I'll make a video and upload it to youtube soon tongue.gif.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Psy @ May 26 2010, 05:34 PM) *
There is actually an even easier way to do Solomon's Folly. A glitch I found that means the first 20 enemies you kill all TOTALLY ignore you. You can walk up to them and knife them in the face and no one gives a shit. I'll make a video and upload it to youtube soon tongue.gif.

Lol, sounds like fun. I'll have to give it a go.
bOnEs
supposedly it's much easier to do the twin rocks gang hideout than it is to do the solomon's folly one... this one only takes a minute or two by yourself... and half that with another... i might try it out this evening because, i am interested in some better guns and mounts biggrin.gif... and the only way to get those is to level up biggrin.gif... i am at level 21 and i think i unlock a new new horse in just a couple more levels... and i also want to see what other crazy characters i can unlock... i already have a rotation of two characters i like but, i wouldn't mind adding another one or two...

the only issue with twin rocks though is, you'll be kicking the bucket quite a few times as there's very little in the way of cover out there...
Psy
Yeah I hate twin rocks. You get less XP too because you'll die more and not get the combo kill bonus. Plus I just think you get less XP there anyway. There's less enemies? Solomon's Folly really is easy though. I did it in 2 mins 10 seconds with a 24 kill streak and earned something like 1490 XP, without dying too...

I'm working on getting the video of this glitch I found, I swear you'll use it to help you power level once you know how to do it wink.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Psy @ May 26 2010, 01:53 PM) *
I'm working on getting the video of this glitch I found, I swear you'll use it to help you power level once you know how to do it wink.gif

Is it the Flower Pot glitch in Mexico?
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 26 2010, 02:55 PM) *

please explain this "flower pot" glitch... and no, he's talking about a solomon's folly glitch...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 26 2010, 02:59 PM) *

please explain this "flower pot" glitch... and no, he's talking about a solomon's folly glitch...

Eh, in the Western most town in Mexico, there is a glitch that allows you to fall below the building. Supposedly it is a strategy to get the "Most Wanted" achievement, but I could also see the ability to rack up some serious XP. I'll see if I can find the Youtube video and post it.

Boom.

Hardcore Ottoman
Yeah, I've been doing some hideouts for fun. And I've been rolling and jumping off cliffs for fun too. Finally up to lvl 8. I'll try again tomorrow night and bump it up even more.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 26 2010, 03:23 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 26 2010, 02:59 PM) *

Eh, in the Western most town in Mexico, there is a glitch that allows you to fall below the building. Supposedly it is a strategy to get the "Most Wanted" achievement, but I could also see the ability to rack up some serious XP. I'll see if I can find the Youtube video and post it.

Boom.

cool... i might use it for the most wanted trophy too...
Psy
Here's the glitch I was on about. It's not that one above, although that one does seem pretty useful.

http://www.ireddead.com/news/website/71/qu...solomons-folly/

Hardcore Ottoman
I just realized no one uses expert aiming... therefore it's easy for everyone to kill me but not the other way around. Can you edit your own hosted settings?
Psy
You can change your aiming from the options. Casual, Normal or Expert.
Hardcore Ottoman
I know... it's just I thought it was cheap that pretty much everyone uses Casual. I beat the story mode with Expert...
Psy
I hate shooters on consoles without auto aim. Mouse and keyboard will always be my weapon of choice if it's manual aim, so I doubt you'll ever see me using expert mode!
Hardcore Ottoman
I've never played a PC game before. I guess a mouse would work much better.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 26 2010, 11:56 PM) *
I know... it's just I thought it was cheap that pretty much everyone uses Casual. I beat the story mode with Expert...

I think when you unlock the hardcore matches they have expert aim as standard.
Psy
They do indeed. I'll get brutally raped and fisted over and over when I unlock them in 9 ranks time. Don't worry, I'll record a video for your enjoyment of my embarassment.
bOnEs
are you required to play as an expert when you reach that ranking? i might stop leveling up then because, i always prefer auto-aim myself...
Psy
If you want to go into that game mode then I'm pretty sure you will HAVE to use Expert aim, but you can of course just go into a regular match instead of a hardcore one.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Psy @ May 26 2010, 05:22 PM) *
Here's the glitch I was on about. It's not that one above, although that one does seem pretty useful.

http://www.ireddead.com/news/website/71/qu...solomons-folly/

Well, I've looked all the fuck over for this Solomon's Folly only to read your news feed today which says it's PS3 exclusive.

I literally spent half the night last night looking for that.
Psy
Hah, sorry. I only found out it was PS3 exclusive after posting the video last night. Unlucky! tongue.gif
bOnEs
yea, i didn't realize this PS3 exclusive was exclusive online as well... i thought the 360 guys at least had solomon's folly online...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.