Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dasterdly trophy
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
CamelSmoker420
i cant get it i put a hooker on the tracks 4 times in a row right now and it wont give me the trophy. can anyone help me
Massacre
Did she actually get run over by the train, or did you just put her on the tracks?
CamelSmoker420
i put her on the tracks and she got ran over her blood went everywere
Massacre
Well, I'll be going after the acheivement soon, I'll look into it.
CamelSmoker420
alright thx
Hardcore Ottoman
Yes, didn't work for me either. Hmm.
CamelSmoker420
yeah i tried again and still isnt working mad.gif
asthenia
"Dastardly".

Have you tried turning the system off, then on again? From what I've gathered simply doing that with Red Dead fixes alot of things. One example being the glitched horses...
bOnEs
this worked for me on the first try... the bigger problem i am having is getting mo van barr to appear as a bounty in armadillo mad.gif...

but maybe you should try it near a town... or near a train station... just a suggestion biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 24 2010, 11:23 AM) *
this worked for me on the first try... the bigger problem i am having is getting mo van barr to appear as a bounty in armadillo mad.gif...

but maybe you should try it near a town... or near a train station... just a suggestion biggrin.gif...

It has to be a woman. I tried this with someone who beat me in horseshoes. Pulled a gun on him and chased him off into the wilderness, where I hogtied him and brought him back to town. I had to wait for the train, but about 10 NPC's waiting for the train witnessed the him being evaporated.
bOnEs
yea, my victim was a lady that was trying to leave her husband... when the mini-side-mission was over, she was hogtied lying on the floor next to him in the saloon... i was able to pick her up after the mission so, i took her over to the armadillo train station and waited biggrin.gif...
Indy
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 24 2010, 04:23 PM) *

Go to the bounty place and just leave it running for like 10 mins, go eat or something, that apparently makes the bounty show up.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Indy @ May 24 2010, 01:40 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 24 2010, 04:23 PM) *

Go to the bounty place and just leave it running for like 10 mins, go eat or something, that apparently makes the bounty show up.

i've done that numerous times... i keep getting walton gang and treasure hunter bounties...
Indy
Don't know then. Someone had the same problem on this forum and thats how they say they fixed it :S
asthenia
Yeah, JamieMilne... said he waited half an hour apparently.
CamelSmoker420
alright finally got it
TwoFacedTanner
This is hard to get for me, my game seems to have the problem of the red train on the map getting robbed or something because it wont fucking move. It stops and doesn't go anywhere no matter how long I wait. I guess I could take her to the blue train, but I'm in Mexico, I don't feel like going back there.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ May 25 2010, 09:19 AM) *
This is hard to get for me, my game seems to have the problem of the red train on the map getting robbed or something because it wont fucking move. It stops and doesn't go anywhere no matter how long I wait. I guess I could take her to the blue train, but I'm in Mexico, I don't feel like going back there.

Are you going to be available for some free roam posse pounding tonight? I'll be on the majority of the evening.
JamieMilne
yeah i left john standing near the bounty, about where the newspaper guy would stand, went and had a shower and when i came back i checked the bounty and it was mo van barr
bOnEs
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 25 2010, 10:14 AM) *
yeah i left john standing near the bounty, about where the newspaper guy would stand, went and had a shower and when i came back i checked the bounty and it was mo van barr

does the bounty get replaced every few minutes? because, once one of them papers spawn, it stays as that bounty throughout the game until i've caught or killed them... i don't really care about this outfit anymore to be honest... i am never short on deadeye juice because, i don't use it nearly as much as i should...

i really wish the outfit that was voted on to be the pre-ordered outfit was the hunter one... i didn't think the deadly assassin outfit would be useful... but, now that i am playing the game, getting double the money for pelts would be more beneficial so, the expert hunter outfit would be useful... plus, looking like davey crockett would be cool too biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
So - the Deadly Assassin outfit that was included with the preorder is available in game by collecting shit?
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 25 2010, 11:14 AM) *
So - the Deadly Assassin outfit that was included with the preorder is available in game by collecting shit?

well, it's available if you've used the code that unlocks it... but, you have to actually unlock it just like any other outfit by completing a small set of objectives or tasks to complete the suit... and the only thing i have left to do is kill or capture mo van barr...

but, now this topic is veering way of topic so, enough mo van barr talk in here biggrin.gif...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 25 2010, 09:01 AM) *

Are you going to be available for some free roam posse pounding tonight? I'll be on the majority of the evening.

I should be, I had a lot going on the other night.
I don't know if that message sent or not. But I was on free roam and I couldnt stand still for 10 seconds without some dipshit running by blowing my fancy bowler hat off my head.

And my mic volume was ridiculously low and wont seem to turn up.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ May 25 2010, 11:24 AM) *

I don't know if that message sent or not. But I was on free roam and I couldnt stand still for 10 seconds without some dipshit running by blowing my fancy bowler hat off my head.

We'll get a private match, or posse up. I don't really need to talk to you - just to whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

Also, has anyone tried to get the Dastardly achievement in Free Roam/Multiplayer?
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 25 2010, 11:28 AM) *

We'll get a private match, or posse up. I don't really need to talk to you - just to whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

Also, has anyone tried to get the Dastardly achievement in Free Roam/Multiplayer?

you can't because, no trains are running in multiplayer, which is kind of disappointing because, it would be cool to rob a train with a friend biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 25 2010, 11:32 AM) *

you can't because, no trains are running in multiplayer, which is kind of disappointing because, it would be cool to rob a train with a friend biggrin.gif...

Hmm, wondered about that. I guess it makes sense. But it would be great to have some shootouts aboard a speeding locomotive.

What about cars in Multiplayer? Are there any cars?

CamelSmoker420
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 25 2010, 11:01 AM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 25 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Hmm, wondered about that. I guess it makes sense. But it would be great to have some shootouts aboard a speeding locomotive.

What about cars in Multiplayer? Are there any cars?

their arent even cars in single player driveing around
ViceMan
Just got this, the woman exploded in a cloud of red mist and there was no mutilated corpse for me to fuck, which was disappointing.
Dog Mauser Truck
QUOTE (CamelSmoker420 @ May 23 2010, 02:56 PM) *
i cant get it i put a hooker on the tracks 4 times in a row right now and it wont give me the trophy. can anyone help me

Try this: after the rebels win, kidnap their leader and leave him hogtied upon the train tracks exiting Armadillo. After the evil deed, save trophy and use a pardon letter at appropriate station. Think big, my man!
DuPz0r
I got this today without even realizing it was a trophy. Some blue marker appeared in front of the saloon in Armadillo. It was some woman from a stranger side mish. Something about not going back to her husband... Anyway, she ran off towards the station, i hog-tied her and started walking back. I noticed the train on the way so thought it would be funny to do the cliche killing. Dropped her on the track and whistled for my horse. The funny thing is the horse ran straight in front of the train at the same point as the women and they both got juiced. It almost looked like some black beauty shit, trying to save the woman.

Then i got the trophy, which topped it!

Oh and i saved it just before this happened, so no need to save and have to use the pardon letter or get bad karma smile.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ May 25 2010, 07:19 PM) *
I got this today without even realizing it was a trophy. Some blue marker appeared in front of the saloon in Armadillo. It was some woman from a stranger side mish. Something about not going back to her husband... Anyway, she ran off towards the station, i hog-tied her and started walking back. I noticed the train on the way so thought it would be funny to do the cliche killing. Dropped her on the track and whistled for my horse. The funny thing is the horse ran straight in front of the train at the same point as the women and they both got juiced. It almost looked like some black beauty shit, trying to save the woman.

Oh and i saved it just before this happened, so no need to save and have to use the pardon letter or get bad karma smile.gif

LOL!! i used the same exact lady to get the trophy laugh.gif... i picked her up after i dropped her off to her husband, slowly walked out to the train tracks, and waited for the 3:10 to gaptooth... i didn't get a bounty because the mission was over and apparently the husband didn't care that i took her off his hands...
Assassin
Can you put anyone on the tracks and watch them get splattered or does it have to be a women?
asthenia
Anyone. But it has to be a woman for the trophy.
Assassin
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 26 2010, 05:39 PM) *
Anyone. But it has to be a woman for the trophy.

Ok thanks. The first guy I put on the tracks was when I was trying horseshoes and couldn't get a single point, so after the game I hogtied him and watched the train put him out of his misery. laugh.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 25 2010, 09:49 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ May 25 2010, 07:19 PM) *

LOL!! i used the same exact lady to get the trophy laugh.gif... i picked her up after i dropped her off to her husband, slowly walked out to the train tracks, and waited for the 3:10 to gaptooth... i didn't get a bounty because the mission was over and apparently the husband didn't care that i took her off his hands...

To get the achievement, I used the old lady who started the side mission. I was on my way to Coot's Chapel and saw her pop up as a stranger on my radar about the same time my horse slammed into her, knocking her over and making the stranger mission unavailable. So I dismounted my horse, hog tied her and carried her out north of Armadillo and watcher her explode upon impact with the train.

Oddly enough, later on in the game, the same old lady appeared at the same location and I was able to complete the side mission of looking for her husband-to-be.
coreyko_2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfzcTi52dvU...feature=channel

A vid about the Dastardly trophy.........pretty funny as well lulz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.