Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 80's Movie/TV references?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
Tyla
Ah just got this for PS2, great job they did of porting it, now I can have a good mooch around :)

I have noticed many references to 80's Movie's/TV shows in VCS.

Umberto Robina's gang members can be heard on the streets making comments such as :

'Im going to carve him up real good'
'Its like one big puta just waiting for binga' - This translates into one big pussy just waitin' to be fucked I think?
Scarface (1983)

In Washington Beach, near the police HQ, there is a takeaway shop called 'special fried VICE' written in the exact same style as Miami Vice.

In Downtown, there is a restruant called 'Barzini's' next to Ammunation, Emilio Barzini was a main character in the movie 'The Godfather'

Im sure there are more of these out there, if you find any more then please share them :)
Heartless
Beachcomber Hotel is named after the legendary Don Beachcomber, booze smuggler, WW2 hero and originator of the tiki bar.
mrMISDEMEANOR
QUOTE(Heartless @ Mar 18 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]1311730[/snapback]
Beachcomber Hotel is named after the legendary Don Beachcomber, booze smuggler, WW2 hero and originator of the tiki bar.

That's just amazing, I'm not sure I'll ever find all these little things..R* is awesome
Heartless
Almost everything is a referance to something. Like Escobar Airport, as in Pablo Escobar, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.