Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
DuPz0r
Ok so yesterday i had a quick go in free-roam, wasn't so successful.

Today I decided to go back and play it for longer, give it a proper go. I joined quick match and was chucked into a showdown gun sling with one guy. I was quick to aim at his dead and shoot him down in 1 shot. I was happy smile.gif. Straight after we were in some sort of deathmatch, just me and him... We were sneaking around Armadillo shooting on sight. The funny thing is, he never got 1 kill. He tried, but i was just quick to take his head off each round. I think all the practice on GTAIV with you guys helped. smile.gif I had a flawless match on my first real game!

Love it.

Tell me about your first online experiences if you've had any yet...?
angeal18
I just got it too, I got on with a few friends and we had a blast. The multiplayer is alot better than I expected it to be, Im happy I bought this game.
bOnEs
i'm kicking ass online... i usually lead most matches in kills, thanks to my countless hours of playing GTA IV online... and i am a menace in freeroam when people decide to kill me... i'll walk around and act like your best friend and try to get a posse going... but, if you try to kill me, i will spend the next few minutes making you wish you didn't biggrin.gif...

i'm up to level 16 i think...
Massacre
No online for me until next month...
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 22 2010, 02:02 PM) *
No online for me until next month...

is that when the landlord finally pays the bills and turns the internet back on?? huh.gif... you should jump on and play some sooner than that... we'll posse up and kick some ass online... you did buy for the PS3, right?
Massacre
360. I'll wait until a used price drop for PS3. Unlike GTA, I do plan to get this one for PS3 at some point.
Hardcore Ottoman
totally havent played online yet
GLC
Played online for the first time last night with bones. I'd previously planned on finishing the story before trying any MP, but fuck it.. Levelling up is quick, I'm already at 10.
bOnEs
it's quick but then again, there's 50 levels... i'm at 19 and things have slowed down a bit... i was pissed when i tried starting a deathmatch and everyone left the match at the last second... but for now, all i know to do is play the gang hideouts... i haven't tried any of the other modes except for "grab the gold"...

i invited DiO and viceman to a match yesterday too... both joined and me and DiO did one gang hideout while viceman left almost as soon as he joined... then, DiO left the posse after the first gang match and did his own thing mad.gif... so, i left...
GLC
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 23 2010, 04:16 PM) *
...while viceman left almost as soon as he joined...

Yeah, he told me he got kicked.
CamelSmoker420
were doing the co-op missions then we got bored with em so we decided to go gang up on this pink guy and before we knew it everyone was shooting at my posse and we were owning everyone it was pretty fun
bOnEs
hey GLC biggrin.gif... sorry about that match i invited you to... there's a bit of history there...

you see, i was just minding my own business, trying to join this "gang" loitering over by macfarlane's ranch... i made a request and i was ignored... so, i journeyed there... and they started to shoot at me... all hell broke loose when i took two of them down before the third got me... after that, all i heard through the mics on the TV were "ohh SHIT!!" and "what the fuck?!"... i was wasting them... then you jumped online and a couple of minutes later i sent an invite... well, it was about this time that they all decided to leave and by the time you joined, the last one left about 5 seconds later mad.gif...

i got a little pissed but, whatever... i was hoping we would rip that posse apart but apparently, i did all the damage before you got there, and they cried uncle... again, sorry tongue.gif... when our journey began, pike's basin was the immediate target for some reason and i fucking hate that place...

EDIT: which reminds me off another match that took place about 30 minutes before this one laugh.gif... two fellas were holding down a mexican stronghold from the army... i attempted to join their gang, and actually helped them repel the army for a bit when i got there... but i was still flying solo so, once they became most wanted, i sat back and watched this balcony with my sniper gun... they were moving along this balcony to kill the army so, when the right opportunity presented itself, i sniped both of them and got a nOObish message saying i was a fucker laugh.gif... i told them i was enjoying the sandbox and they said i was a bitch... i sent a *facepalm* message and never heard from them again....

damn kids, does everything have to be "bitch" and "fucker" online?? my god man, say something different...

EDITv2: and dammit GLC, you were also using my "other" character tongue.gif... i like to use my former slave turned freedom fighter,
who likes to blast fools with his smoke pole but, i also like that miner that talks about chicken dingers laugh.gif...
asthenia
bOnEs uses more emoticons than any other member in the history of this - and every other forum ever. Yet he's not a n00b.... it's like some fucked up paradox....

Always got cool stories though.
bOnEs
i do... i'm guilty of overusing them sometimes... i like to show people my emotions when i tell a story... it makes them more epic... or more annoying if you hate those things laugh.gif...

but, i had a blast last night as you can tell from my previous post... it's too bad they didn't stick around long enough for me and GLC to teach them the law of the west... that there is no law and i can do whatever the hell i want to...
Hardcore Ottoman
Oh fuck, I don't have you as a friend bones.

PSN is 'punxtr'

I'm finally getting the hang of this shit.
Niko Fira
have had the same situation as you Bones, i just got to level 50(am not going to go Legendary, at least not now) and people love to hunt me down for my buffalo riffle and/or bull(wtf) although i rarely use my bull, i usually use that lvl 40 mount and high powered pistol/bolt action/carcano rifle. i always seem to get a posse member trying to go after me, and i always insist on leaving me alone until i own one of them and they call for reinforcement, so many times i have taken down posses of 4-8 with me getting kdr of about 10/1 lol it's funny. i usually end up with the other posse inviting me to theirs, haha i love online and the random stuff that goes on like others players hunting and getting disrupted by other players and pisssing them off to all hell, LOL. but i am not going to lie i'm not always the goody two-shoes online, i sometimes love engaging in some posse sniping when i get really bored, one time i got chased by a posse of 8 players(good ones) for about 10 minutes, until i left the session, i got my ass kicked for fucking around lol
bOnEs
good gaming D-O... some funny glitches and moments... like when i blew us both up and it said i had a "noble death" biggrin.gif... or when i stole your kill by blowing us up again laugh.gif... hitting you full speed with my horse, jumping off a cliff, dishing out 15 assists only to learn that you can only unlock the trophy in a public room (DOH!!), and various other LOL moments biggrin.gif...

you should of stuck around just a little longer, GLC... in that freeroam session, that guy turned out to be pretty cool and we got a little posse going... one asshole kept coming in the fort to kill us but, i got him three times in a row biggrin.gif... he was coming after us because we all kept getting bounties on our heads... anyways, the reason why you should of stuck around was, i unlocked the "become most wanted and stay wanted for 10 minutes, then escape the law in a public session" trophy... they were pretty cool about it as they were going for the ambient challenges... i also got the $5,000 bounty challenge there as well...
Psy
I just bought a bluetooth headset for my PS3 so I'll be online more and chatting with you lot. I need to do quite a lot of the trophy challenges so any assistance would be appreciated smile.gif
GLC
Meh, I couldn't really be bothered going for the trophies so I just went and did my own thing.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 1 2010, 03:08 PM) *
one asshole kept coming in the fort to kill us but, i got him three times in a row biggrin.gif...

I enjoyed stalking that prick who was trying kill you. I camped up on a rooftop with some other guy just watching him through the sniper scope, firing when he got a little too close.. Then he got frustrated and left, so I decided to end it there and go to bed...

bOnEs
yea, i never noticed when you left so, i didn't know if you knew about that asshole or not laugh.gif...

QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 1 2010, 10:44 AM) *
I just bought a bluetooth headset for my PS3 so I'll be online more and chatting with you lot. I need to do quite a lot of the trophy challenges so any assistance would be appreciated smile.gif

some of those challenges are hard to do... but, once i get these damn trophies, i'm all for the challenges biggrin.gif... which reminds me, i need to add you to my friends list...
DuPz0r
I'll help you guys with trophies and challenges, coz i need some too.
bOnEs
lol, you should just rename this topic as the general online topic... i bumped it today to talk about the online shit biggrin.gif... and yes, i'll need some help with the challenging "win 3 FFA matches in a row" and "win 4 gang matches in a row" trophies... also, the 10 assists one as well... i did it last night with D-O but, we were in a private match so, it didn't count mad.gif...
TwoFacedTanner
My first experience with multiplayer was god damn horrible.

I spawned in the middle of Armadillo, as some Jack Swift looking bloke, which wasn't too bad I suppose.
Not until 10 seconds into the game when a lvl 50 rode by and blew my head off. I respawned and it happened again...and again...and again. Finally I respawned further from the town and got away. I was riding my donkey through the countryside and someone rode past me, turned around and killed me for no reason.

So I went to the outfitter, changed my look, and told multiplayer to fuck off.

My second experience wasn't as bad but it was bad. I was playing with StoicPersonEater...who said absolutely nothing...and we were posse'd up with some guy I assumed he knew. The dick kept killing me at first, then he finally quit. Then he kept pointing out that he was riding a bull...yeah no shit. But what was getting annoying was he kept ramming me and I think Stoic too. I dunno, Stoey wasn't saying anything the whole time.
But then I asked the kid if he'd beat the story, he said he hadn't but he sees no point because he knows how it ends and blurted out the ending in front of Stoey's virgin ears...I kinda feel like it was my fault. Long story short Stoic hasn't been on much or played with me at all since that happened. sad.gif
I soon told MP to fuck off again.

Third experience was getting better. I was out doing ambient challenges, picking flowers and this two person posse kept sniping me. I shot back, killed both of them. This went on for a bit, but then I got away from them...but the tracked me down. I was on my last flower that I had to pick and everytime i got near it they killed me. I finally sent them both a message saying that I was just doing ambient challenges and I only shot back in retaliation and that I knew they probably weren't going to stop but that I just wanted to tell them what I was doing.
They surprisingly stopped. But in came another. A horse Jockey(I usually am on foot, retarded I know) killed me a good seven times.
I grew some balls and ran into Armadillo dodging bullet and used the transport to take me to Mexico, far away from the assholes in America.
I went to a gang hideout Tesarp Azul or whatever...I see two blue blips coming up...I hear them say "Oh man, someone is already in here." I started to shit...and I said to them "I'll be out as soon as I can." They actually helped me...and invited me to a posse. Told me to come with them to the other hideouts. The leader was a cow rustler, his friend a native american(he called him and Indian guide) and I was a soldier. Which got me the nickname "Soldier boy" We all climbed into the stagecoach they pulled up in(me in the stage coach the other two up top) We talked about how we all hated the way most people go around as if everyone is wanting to play deathmatch, killing everything they see. All while going from gang hideout to gang hideout.

This made me realize not everyone out there is that bad, they're now my friends and I play with them whenever I get on(and they're on too obviously).

And any of you iRedDead/iGTA guys out there, we need to play together.

And speaking of playing together, and old forum member from back in the GTAsanandreas days was playing with me. Mrmisdemeanor.

Anyway, thats my experience. RDR's multiplayer is a love/hate thing for me. Im not the type who like to go around killing everyone. Especially people out by themselves because I know how much I hate it.

Oh! And one more story about that. This guy added me to a posse. He added the max number or people...people he had been killing and stuff, for no reason. Anyway, so he was trying to get the most wanted achievement...you know, be most wanted for 10 minutes then escape. Well he was down to one minute, and one of the guys who he had been terrorizing and then added to the posse shot him in the back of the head.

Not saying he didnt deserve it, but the other guy was no better than him as he was someone who thought being a douchebag was funny.
The one that got shot went on a 10 minute bitchfit with so many "FUCKS!" and "FUCKIN'!" it would put scarface to shame.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 1 2010, 12:26 PM) *
My second experience wasn't as bad but it was bad. I was playing with StoicPersonEater...who said absolutely nothing...and we were posse'd up with some guy I assumed he knew. The dick kept killing me at first, then he finally quit. Then he kept pointing out that he was riding a bull...yeah no shit. But what was getting annoying was he kept ramming me and I think Stoic too. I dunno, Stoey wasn't saying anything the whole time.
But then I asked the kid if he'd beat the story, he said he hadn't but he sees no point because he knows how it ends and blurted out the ending in front of Stoey's virgin ears...I kinda feel like it was my fault. Long story short Stoic hasn't been on much or played with me at all since that happened. sad.gif
I soon told MP to fuck off again.

Well, fuck.

No, that guy wasn't my friend. I was trying to kill him to get his Buffalo Rifle and Bull, but he kept getting the better of me - or the bull would run away. That kid was really fucking annoying. I turned off my headset so I didn't have to listen to him. Not sure if we got disconnected, but I ended up going off and doing some hideouts and shit. Sorry for ignoring you, I didn't mean to. I haven't really had much time to play - not just online, but videogames in general. I'll be on more after this weekend. May was just total shit for me.

Tanner, we should get online and play with a purpose - whether it be knocking out some achievements or whatever. Let me know.
TwoFacedTanner
Im always down for playing, hopefully this weekend wont be too work filled for me.
I know a spot where we can get that most wanted achievement, but its gonna take some work. Mexican army ain't a joke.
bOnEs
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 1 2010, 12:43 PM) *
Im always down for playing, hopefully this weekend wont be too work filled for me.
I know a spot where we can get that most wanted achievement, but its gonna take some work. Mexican army ain't a joke.

escalara... hunker down inside de santa's hideout as there isn't very many entrances and, the army tend to use the front gate most of the time anyways... this is where i got my trophy at... just be one the lookout for other players coming in to claim the bounty biggrin.gif...
TwoFacedTanner
El Prisidio has gatlin guns, if I could get a few guys, we could all do it.
Hardcore Ottoman
I actually do pretty well at Armadillo. Get up on a balcony and kneel down. Got up to six minutes solo before random PVPers just sniped me off. I requested tons of users on here to join but none did so for those that didn't can eat dicks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.