Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I one of the few disliking how Dead Eyes turned out?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Kuwong
Dead level one was great, free aim, just slowed down so you can shoot at whoever you want.

Level two you move the crosshair to the target it plasters him in X's and wastes ammo, no longer able to shoot freely.

I've yet to get level three, but I can't see how it'd improve. Wish there was a way to turn dead eye back to level one, or at least to choose to free shoot. It seems to of dumbed itself down/made it even easier. My one gripe with the game thus far.
andy42s
I like level 1 better too. I could actually get head shots
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 21 2010, 06:46 AM) *
Dead level one was great, free aim, just slowed down so you can shoot at whoever you want.

Level two you move the crosshair to the target it plasters him in X's and wastes ammo, no longer able to shoot freely.

I've yet to get level three, but I can't see how it'd improve. Wish there was a way to turn dead eye back to level one, or at least to choose to free shoot. It seems to of dumbed itself down/made it even easier. My one gripe with the game thus far.

I'm not to level 3 yet but I've heard that when you get there, you get to actually pick where you want to put the Xs.
Massacre
Yeah, in level 3 (Whic you get early on in Mexico), you can hit RB/R1 to place an X anywhere on whatever you're shooting. I go for one in each kneecap, on in the chest, one in each shoulder, and one in the head. Double tab in the head and chest if I have my 8-shot pistol.
bOnEs
i just unlocked the 3rd level last night...

cons: you have to manually place the targets...
pros: the game no longer paints them in places that you don't want them...

while it might be better, i waste more of the deadeye meter having to manually paint the targets... but, now i can place them exactly where i want to, which makes the kills even more satisfying biggrin.gif... enjoy the second level why you can... the 3rd level pretty much changes the way you fight using the deadeye...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 22 2010, 06:14 PM) *
Yeah, in level 3 (Whic you get early on in Mexico), you can hit RB/R1 to place an X anywhere on whatever you're shooting. I go for one in each kneecap, on in the chest, one in each shoulder, and one in the head. Double tab in the head and chest if I have my 8-shot pistol.

Fuck that, I just go for one in the temple.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 22 2010, 06:53 PM) *
... enjoy the second level why you can... the 3rd level pretty much changes the way you fight using the deadeye...

Agreed.
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 25 2010, 05:51 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 22 2010, 06:14 PM) *

Fuck that, I just go for one in the temple.

For missions and stuff, yeah, but I like to really fuck people up when I'm challenged to a duel. I don't even use it most of the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.