Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What outfit is your Marston currently sporting?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2
Kuwong
As the title says, what is he currently wearing and is it what you always wear when travelling around the wild west? I've currently got on one of the poker suits (I forget which, only just bought it) and find it's probably a bit too nice to be skinning horses in. Will change back to his usual attire as soon as.
bOnEs
i usually wear the "duster" outfit... i'll switch the "elegant suit" though when i plan on playing cards... but, i've only unlocked a few suits so, i have yet to see anything better than the duster... i'm trying to unlock the assassin's outfit and the walton gang one...
coreyko_2003
The first outfit you get, is what I have.
WantedGunslinger2010
QUOTE (KoreyKo @ May 20 2010, 04:26 PM) *
The first outfit you get, is what I have.

Same here thats what I have too. Im trying to get the gang outfit, but its becoming a real pain the ass for me...I cant seem to finish the first scrap. Im lost when it comes to that one.
Hardcore Ottoman
I think wearing the bounty hunter suit gets you unwanted attention in Thieves Landing. I get barraged with a-holes there... going to try the Duster suit. Don't own any other suits. Pretty close to obtaining one of the gang suits.
WantedGunslinger2010
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 20 2010, 06:47 PM) *
I think wearing the bounty hunter suit gets you unwanted attention in Thieves Landing. I get barraged with a-holes there... going to try the Duster suit. Don't own any other suits. Pretty close to obtaining one of the gang suits.

Ill keep that in mind. I just got the Elegant Suit so Im gonna try that there. Hopefully no one decides to try pick on me for wearing it. It could get me into trouble though cause its suppose to help you cheat at poker...hopefully that doesnt end up into a gunfight with anyone.....
andy42s
whatever he comes with (I don't know what the fuck it's called)
PabloHoneyOle
I've purchased the Elegant Suit as well, but it looks a little too proper for me. I haven't used it at a card table yet.

Currently, I'm rocking the Duster. Classic Western Asskicking Clothes.
DuPz0r
I think the gentleman's suit or whatever its called (you get it at the start for being a social club member) makes Marston looks like Jack Black...
DiO
Got the bollard twins outfit on. Pretty much like the normal one but has leather chaps. I want the walton gang cause it has a tophat but I fucking hate poker and you have to eliminate all the player from the table to get it.
andy42s
I have some kind of duster coat now. He's not wearing it though
Hardcore Ottoman
I have the first two gang outfits. Got some other outfits I can't recall... I suck at finding treasure. Rather vague pictures really.
Massacre
I mostly wear the default outift, the duster when I'm in Thieves' Landing or just when the weather is shitty, and the poncho when I'm in Mexico.

Currently going after the U.S. Marshall outfit and the Treasure Hunter outift. When does the "Californian" stranger task become available? For that matter, when does part three of "Love is the Opiate" become available?
bOnEs
lol, the walton gang outfit is fucking brilliant... i am definitely unlocking it early on in my evil game biggrin.gif... and i just unlocked the poncho outfit, which is just classic... it's the good, bad & ugly look!! biggrin.gif...

EDIT: the california mission is in full stride on my game... i think you meet him out in the western desert, wandering around... i've encountered him a couple of times now... check around gaptooth breach i think...
Kuwong
You can't really be "evil" can you, more just doing dishonourable and infamous things, i.e not helping people. Hardly much to do, as you'l just walk on by with most encounters.
Massacre
I know where it starts, there's a track option in the outifts menu that highlights the general area where the next step is. It's just not available yet.
Hardcore Ottoman
I think I actually killed a stranger with my horse and I don't remember who it is. Will their story become available again or not?
Indy
One of the previews stated that if you kill a stranger they'll come back in a few days.
asthenia
Yah, the general idea seems to be if something goes wrong, wait a few days... No stock in shops, killed a mission giver, killed a whole town of people.. Just wait a few days.
JamieMilne
how do you get the us marshall outfit?
asthenia
Google, dude... unless anyone in here knows. I've got a few days off when I get home so once I've enjoyed the game for a while I'll start making guides for shit like this...
Massacre
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 23 2010, 04:58 AM) *
how do you get the us marshall outfit?

Complete every U.S. gang hideout in a single 24-hour period (In game hours, I assume). The problem is, even after you spent a ton of money buying all the maps, they don't label the gang hideouts like they're supposed to.

You also get the Bureau uniform for 100% completion.
Crimson Engage
I'm playing as Jack so i'm using his normal outfit. Just unlocked the US Army outfit so i might change to that.
Massacre
You might want to throw some spoiler tags on that. Not everyone's beaten the game yet.
Massacre
What do you do to "discover" the Walton Gang outift? It's the only undiscovered outfit I have left.
CamelSmoker420
anyone got tips for horse shoes i cant beat the dude at the ranch
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 23 2010, 02:31 PM) *
What do you do to "discover" the Walton Gang outift? It's the only undiscovered outfit I have left.

umm, that's a PS3 exclusive laugh.gif...
andy42s
I'm wearing the poncho now. sweet!
ViceMan
QUOTE (andy42s @ May 23 2010, 10:44 PM) *
I'm wearing the poncho now. sweet!

Yeah, I am too. Reminds me of Mr. Eastwood.
TwoFacedTanner
Rockin the US Army outfit.

because i'm pretending that Jack enlisted after the death of his father since he had nothing else left.

Im that cool thats why.
CamelSmoker420
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ May 24 2010, 03:14 PM) *
Rockin the US Army outfit.

because i'm pretending that Jack enlisted after the death of his father since he had nothing else left.

Im that cool thats why.

iam wearing the us army outfit aswell switching between that and deadly assasin
bOnEs
i unlocked the bandito and reyes rebel outfits last night... and i am really digging the rebel one... it makes you look like a hippy laugh.gif...
asthenia
Gentlemans suit. High stakes baby.
TwoFacedTanner
I am now wearing the Treasure Hunting outfit. Because Im hunting treasure again! I love it! Wish there were more to find.
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 23 2010, 03:43 PM) *

umm, that's a PS3 exclusive laugh.gif ...

Then what the fuck is the last outfit? It's a second outift with a duster.

QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ May 26 2010, 11:16 PM) *
I am now wearing the Treasure Hunting outfit. Because Im hunting treasure again! I love it! Wish there were more to find.

Could you describe it for me? Because the "California" stranger task won't appear, so apparently I won't getting the outfit.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 27 2010, 01:19 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 23 2010, 03:43 PM) *

umm, that's a PS3 exclusive laugh.gif ...

Then what the fuck is the last outfit? It's a second outift with a duster.

Could you describe it for me? Because the "California" stranger task won't appear, so apparently I won't getting the outfit.

see if you can find the answer here biggrin.gif...
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Outfits

also, try this for your other situation...
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/California
Massacre
Ah, Legend of the West. It's just the Rancher outfit with a black duster and gloves. Not bad. And I've been to that area for the stranger task before, is it possible the task is available but not marked in the map?
bOnEs
maybe you did meet him... try his second location... or, just head back there again to see if he's re-spawned...

i just found a guy who was having a similar problem... here's his solution...

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/red-dead...ission-fix.html

he says it has to do with activating a hideout mission by just riding passed on your way to see california.... another suggestion i saw was start at the 4-way juncture to the south of that train station town and just travel south... maybe your not quite looking in the right area... close but, not close enough? i don't know man...
Massacre
I dunno, I'll see what's up. I really want the Bureau uniform (complete immunity from the law), so I actually need to get 100% completion for once.
bOnEs
i'm surprised you didn't know about the "legend of the west" outfit... as soon as you get a challenge up to like level 7, it unlocks the stipulations for receiving the outfit... i almost thought you were thinking of the actual duster outfit, or the deadly assassin one...

the duster, assassin and gentleman attire aren't needed for the 100%... but, the legend of the west is...
Massacre
I haven't payed attention to the challenges since I hit Mexico. I'll be getting back into them soon enough.

I don't really like that most of the outfits are just the default outfit with another item thrown over it, especially the Bandito outift.
bOnEs
yea, i don't like how they all look like john's original cowboy outfit... i was hoping they all had their own unique look... instead, they all look like variations of his original outfit... reyes rebel outfit looks different though... it's probably the only gang-related outfit that doesn't look like the cowboy outfit...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 27 2010, 08:38 PM) *
yea, i don't like how they all look like john's original cowboy outfit... i was hoping they all had their own unique look... instead, they all look like variations of his original outfit... reyes rebel outfit looks different though... it's probably the only gang-related outfit that doesn't look like the cowboy outfit...

I find the outfits seem to suit Jack better than they do John. Even though he looks pretty much exactly the same.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 27 2010, 04:34 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 27 2010, 08:38 PM) *

I find the outfits seem to suit Jack better than they do John. Even though he looks pretty much exactly the same.

i agree... especially with the elegant suit and gentleman's attire... john looks awkward in them while jack looks sophisticated... and jack really does look like an indian in the reyes rebel outfit... that's what he currently wears on my file because, it makes him look more as one with the land laugh.gif...
Massacre
So, I found the guy. The question mark even appeared on my map. Two cougars subsequently ran up and in the confusion of the moment, I shot and killed both the cougars and the guy. Now I'm riding around aimlessly waiting for him to respawn.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 27 2010, 12:19 PM) *

Abbodon
I'm currently wearing the Bureau outfit wink.gif
bOnEs
i am now wearing the us marshall outfit... i wish i would of unlocked it a long time ago tongue.gif... my character can now pretend to be a marshall and assist the fellow townfolk, all without getting a wanted level in the states for accidentally shotgun executing a shop owner...

i unlocked both the US marshall outfit and the US army one last night... all i have left to unlock is the "legend of the west" and "bureau" outfit...
DuPz0r
I'm still digging the duster ftw.
asthenia
Deadly Assassin at the moment. I wish there were a way to turn off the dead-eye perk though, feels like cheatin' maself. v_v but it's the best looking suit I have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.