Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For all ye who have completed the STORY...!
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
asthenia
You will ruin the game for yourself if you highlight below. DON'T DO IT unless you've played the story.

So... Jack's Revenge... DLC or RDR 2?
Massacre
Who's beaten the game already? Besides the people who had to review it. I just can't see myself charging through a brand new game in two days, even though it's entirely within my ability to do so...
asthenia
Some people who got it early.... enough people for some cunt I used to play CoD with to ruin it for me in a psn message.
Kuwong
Curse you ast, never has a little black bar been so enticing!
asthenia
Only today and one sleep man.... don't do it! lol it doesn't give it away completely but it would send you on a hunt for the spoiler.
CamelSmoker420
i beat it yesterday and i got it on the 18th i played it non stop except for when my ps3 crashed and i think that would be some BA DLC i would buy it
Massacre
Actually, Jack gets his revenge in a Stranger Task post-game. Which is why the credits roll after the task and not after the final mission.
Hardcore Ottoman
^Bingo. I liked how the Red Dead Redemption title smacked into the screen for a moment... total badass feeling there.

Btw, this is not a spoiler I'm giving out...
ViceMan
So the ending was satisfying I guess, but why did John choose to let himself be killed? Typical American heroic act of sacrifice to appeal to the viewer? Did he think his family would be left alone with him gone? I would've also liked a bit of map alteration/progression seeing as how the game jumped ahead about 5 or so years, Blackwater should've been a bit bigger with all streets paved and the forests should've receded slightly. - But maybe i'm asking for too much.
Hardcore Ottoman
Their ranch is actually improved quite a bit if you didn't notice...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 26 2010, 12:25 AM) *

Maybe I missed that, I headed straight for Blackwater after the mission, i've yet to check the rest of the world too.
bOnEs
wow, me likes the ending!! that ending may be a first in video games biggrin.gif... it really makes the upcoming DLC all the more intriguing...

playing as jack is really cool if you ask me... i am wearing the reyes rebel outfit and it makes jack look like a hippy laugh.gif... but, it's interesting to have a new life to carve out a future with... i am trying to carry john's legacy as a honorable gunslinger with jack... jack isn't as good at shooting as john but, he can handle himself... it almost like starting all over again, to be honest...

so, i am now going to work on a 100% game before i start my evil file... my percentage is near 90% so, i am close enough to continue on instead of starting all over again... i shouldn't be too far from getting 100% i would think...
DrS
Got to start a new game yesterday cause Xbox Live is Evil Cr**
Jeff Threat
I cryed.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ May 26 2010, 04:07 PM) *
I cryed.

I got a bit sentimental after the "And The Truth Shall Set You Free" mission while riding back to the ranch, as I knew my quest was coming to an end, and that John's journey would soon be forgotten in the coming decades as America entered a new age and the days of the gunslinger died out.
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 25 2010, 05:58 PM) *
So the ending was satisfying I guess, but why did John choose to let himself be killed? Typical American heroic act of sacrifice to appeal to the viewer? Did he think his family would be left alone with him gone? I would've also liked a bit of map alteration/progression seeing as how the game jumped ahead about 5 or so years, Blackwater should've been a bit bigger with all streets paved and the forests should've receded slightly. - But maybe i'm asking for too much.

Yeah, tons of weapons and ammo, a secure barn with a loft, and he chose to walk right into the army instead.

QUOTE (Pelican @ May 25 2010, 07:25 PM) *

It was falling apart on my game. The inside of the house was rotting and molded and there were no cattle or anything.

I wonder if it varies based on certain things you do in the game?
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ May 27 2010, 06:11 PM) *
It was falling apart on my game. The inside of the house was rotting and molded and there were no cattle or anything.

I wonder if it varies based on certain things you do in the game?

I checked it and it seemed no different than it was before. It was just totally devoid of life, funny, cause there's a horseshoe game pit there, but nobody standing by it to play.
Hardcore Ottoman
Mine is weird then... first thing I noticed was the fixed ladder.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 27 2010, 06:44 PM) *
Mine is weird then... first thing I noticed was the fixed ladder.

I never even noticed a ladder before, where abouts on the ranch?
Massacre
The ladder is on the silo. It's fixed during the final mission.
DiO
Question:

When you do the final duel with edgar ross, did anyone shoot his arm and not kill him? I'm wondering if anything would be different.
Hardcore Ottoman
You don't win by disarming him. You have to kill the bastage.
DiO
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 2 2010, 03:36 PM) *
You don't win by disarming him. You have to kill the bastage.

Ahh, ty for the clarificaish.
ViceMan
Hardest duel I ever did, usually i'm a fine gentleman and wait till the "DRAW" message appears, but if you leave it that late he'll kill you. So after about 4 tries I just went for the first opportunity to draw.

Oh and why didn't we have to kill Archer Fordham too? He was also one of the ones who helped to take down John, and don't say "I smell a DLC storyline here" for fucks sake.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 2 2010, 05:36 PM) *
Hardest duel I ever did, usually i'm a fine gentleman and wait till the "DRAW" message appears, but if you leave it that late he'll kill you. So after about 4 tries I just went for the first opportunity to draw.

Oh and why didn't we have to kill Archer Fordham too? He was also one of the ones who helped to take down John, and don't say "I smell a DLC storyline here" for fucks sake.

i smell a DLC storyline here...
Hardcore Ottoman
^for fuck's sake

Hey, did anyone here kill each Ross you ran into? I killed his wife and his brother after speaking with them of course.
DiO
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 2 2010, 06:10 PM) *
^for fuck's sake

Hey, did anyone here kill each Ross you ran into? I killed his wife and his brother after speaking with them of course.

LOL

I should have.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 2 2010, 04:36 PM) *

I killed him at the Ranch. He was standing beside Ross, I left a nice window in his face.

I killed his wife, I spared his brother. I figure an old man in the desert by himself, the wolves would get him. If not, of well. I kinda felt bad that he had such a dick for a brother.
Marney1
I was on such a high spending time with my family and starting my new life them BOOM! When John faced all those bastards outside the barn the feeling was so weird looking around stunned and thinking wtf? When it went into Deadeye mode I tried my best but knew I had no chance then just couldn't believe it.
Did anyone else think they saw Ross and Fordham riding past them by the ranch when returning from (I think it was rounding up the wild horses or a hunting mission with his son?????) I was 99% certain it was them but decided against killing them because I was beginning my new life.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.