Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Employee Launch kit
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2
Kuwong
Not seen this anywhere else apart from the forum where I saw it linked. Seems Employees of Rockstar I think, maybe game store employees, are getting a special edition employee's version of the game. Looks fantastic to me, a shame Rockstar didn't make more copies like this for the general public.
asthenia
I saw a photo of the box when these were sent out a while ago... Hadn't seen the guts of it though. Sucks. I'd pay extra.
Psy
Looks awesome, although most of that stuff, at least in my experience, is the stuff you throw in the back of your wardrobe and forget about after the game's been released. I've got TONS of GTA themed stuff like that from the past few years from Rockstar and it's just a collectors item really. Got a big box full of random GTA merch like GTA SA bandana's, socks, poker chips, dice, Vice City sweat bands and beachballs, GTA4 statues of happiness, LCPD shirts, hundreds of stickers and plenty of generic t-shirts just to name a few... Not to mention the custom Lost & Damned themed Xbox 360 Elite... tongue.gif

Having said that I would still gladly take one of them Red Dead Boxes! smile.gif

[/Unintended brag about my free shit] happy.gif
Kuwong
Either you put that stuff out on display or I'm gonna come take it and put it on display in my room for no one to see but me!
Psy
I might have to take a photo of all my stuff once I get my room tidied up a bit. There's got to be close to 100 different items smile.gif
Kuwong
Knew I should have started a fansite when I was a kid, if only for the free stuff.
Psy
Not to mention the 3 (and counting) free trips to NYC to play games before they're released wink.gif
JamieMilne
i dont think anybody with a gta fansite can go, can they haha ?
Kuwong
QUOTE (Psy @ May 19 2010, 01:53 PM) *
Not to mention the 3 (and counting) free trips to NYC to play games before they're released wink.gif

Well I'm a games tester to be, so one day I might be getting paid to play games full time. tongue.gif Still, free trip to New York would be nice.
Psy
Good luck with the testing. I've spoken to a few guys who've been involved in that before and it's not as glamorous as you might think. Generally involves long hours doing the same thing over and over to the point where you don't actually want to play the game once it's finished haha. It's something I'd like to try out though if/when I move into working in the games industry.
Kuwong
Yeah I know well the risks, did it for a week once before, got a three month contract coming up soon. I still say it's better than working anywhere else, I'd rather test the same thing over and over than clean toilets or work at burger king! Thanks for the tips all the same!
Psy
Totally agreed. It's the first step in the industry really. I know guys at EA who started off testing and they're product managers now so enjoy it. There are some people at Rockstar who tested GTA4's multiplayer for a year, racked up thousands of hours and still love it, so I guess it just depends on the game you're testing and stuff. Good luck though, keep me updated with how it's going smile.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Psy @ May 19 2010, 08:53 AM) *

Did they fly you out for RDR?
TreeFitty
^ http://www.ireddead.com/news/website/6/fansite-preview/

on a related note:
Kuwong
whats that, the Employees edition or a different edition?
TreeFitty
Fansite Edition. wink.gif
Kuwong
They make all these editions and people in America who went to a midnight release got a deck of cards, yet there is no "offical" limited/special/collectors edition? Disappointing.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 19 2010, 01:47 PM) *
They make all these editions and people in America who went to a midnight release got a deck of cards, yet there is no "offical" limited/special/collectors edition? Disappointing.

i didn't get a deck of cards... i was severely disappointed mad.gif...
Kuwong
Yeah but you had a chance, you just missed it is all!
bOnEs
what? no i didn't.. no one in line had a deck of cards...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Psy @ May 19 2010, 01:45 PM) *
I might have to take a photo of all my stuff once I get my room tidied up a bit. There's got to be close to 100 different items smile.gif

Knew I resurrected that pic for a reason.
bOnEs
aaHAHAHA!! laugh.gif... that's awesome...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 19 2010, 07:41 PM) *
aaHAHAHA!! laugh.gif... that's awesome...

You missed a lot of fun years. Years we'll never see again. mellow.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Psy @ May 19 2010, 02:34 PM) *
Good luck with the testing. I've spoken to a few guys who've been involved in that before and it's not as glamorous as you might think. Generally involves long hours doing the same thing over and over to the point where you don't actually want to play the game once it's finished haha. It's something I'd like to try out though if/when I move into working in the games industry.

I know 3 people who work as game testers for SONY Liverpool and the job can be pretty boring having to constantly stop and start the game to write suff like:

Player selects Y: Blah blah
Player selects ^: Blah blah
Pla..........................................you get the idea.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 19 2010, 02:24 PM) *

Knew I resurrected that pic for a reason.

Fucking GANGSTER.
Marney1
Just got my one of these off the postie...

Suprised it got through customs with the bundle of "TNT" and the bar of soap made me lol. tongue.gif

Edit: Was wondering what that little thing was in Psy's box so had another rummage in mine - dice in a little leather holder.
Hmm ebay? unsure.gif
Kuwong
How did you get that version?
Marney1
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 21 2010, 12:09 PM) *
How did you get that version?

This
Kuwong
you made your own fansite and got free stuff that quickly? Man. fuck that.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 06:34 AM) *
Just got my one of these off the postie...

Suprised it got through customs with the bundle of "TNT" and the bar of soap made me lol. tongue.gif

Edit: Was wondering what that little thing was in Psy's box so had another rummage in mine - dice in a little leather holder.
Hmm ebay? unsure.gif

Post another picture of the loot with your name written on a pad of paper. I think you're full of shit.
Marney1
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 21 2010, 12:43 PM) *

I started it the first week of February, some fan sites got the R* love - some didn't. wub.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 08:00 AM) *
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 21 2010, 12:43 PM) *

I started it the first week of February, some fan sites got the R* love - some didn't. wub.gif

Pics with your name in it or you're a fucking liar.
Marney1
Certainly, if I can get my phone's bluetooth to connect to my laptop properly.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 08:31 AM) *
Certainly, if I can get my phone's bluetooth to connect to my laptop properly.

You were obviously able to get it working for that other picture you took. Oh, I can smell the fucking bullshit.
Psy
That's TreeFitty's photo.
Marney1
How the fuck do I get the pic out of Paint?
Click to view attachment
There we go, this computer shit is not my forte. And my phone camera is a bit shit too. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 09:24 AM) *
Click to view attachment
There we go, this computer shit is not my forte. And my phone camera is a bit shit too. biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

Alright, good enough for me.

Sorry for calling you a fucking liar.

I'm officially jealous.
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 21 2010, 02:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 09:24 AM) *
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Alright, good enough for me.

Sorry for calling you a fucking liar.

I'm officially jealous.

It's ok, I photoshopped it.
TreeFitty
lulz
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 21 2010, 06:49 PM) *
lulz

Swap you a R* sticker for your pack of cards, I don't want to open mine. happy.gif
PabloHoneyOle
Marney, did you REALLY get a large kit?
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 21 2010, 08:09 PM) *
Marney, did you REALLY get a large kit?

Click to view attachment
Kuwong
hate you so much. soooo much.
Marney1
Click to view attachment
Is it ok if I stop showing off now? happy.gif
PabloHoneyOle
Can I have the dice? Don't put them on eBay. Go to Stoic Mart.
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 21 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Hmm.........you can have a R* logo sticker.
bOnEs
i want the damn deck of cards... i don't want to pay $10 on ebay for them mad.gif...
trathen93
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 21 2010, 09:07 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 21 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Hmm.........you can have a R* logo sticker.

I'd like a r* sticker. haha
Marney1
I'd send this stuff out but it seems the posties are on strike here (still haven't got my damn game) so you're best asking TreeFitty, he got a PS4 too. tongue.gif

@El-Nino; Course yer can lar but you'd av ta' cum n' gerrit.
asthenia
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 21 2010, 09:10 PM) *
i want the damn deck of cards... i don't want to pay $10 on ebay for them mad.gif...

Ten dollars is pretty nifty for a deck of Rockstar cards. Yeah it's ten dollars profit for someone but you'll have the cards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.