Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Dead Redemption: 360 & PS3 Identical
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Jeff Threat
We're one of the only sites to play both versions of Red Dead Redemption

We've played both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game and we can categorically state that - other than a 600mb install on the Sony console - they're virtually identical. Yep, Red Dead Redemption is a technical marvel on both the Xbox 360 and PS3, with stunning visual effects, efficient background loading and of course great gameplay throughout. Rockstar were unavailable to comment on our findings.

“Red Dead Redemption is a technical marvel on both consoles”

While some games suffer platform-specifc differences in terms of vertical-sync and refresh rate issues we noticed nothing of the sort in Red Dead. Follow the links to check out our reviews on both PS3 and Xbox 360, read why we think it's a Game of the Year contender or watch the launch trailer...

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3178/red-dead...p-ps3-identical
PabloHoneyOle
[fanboyism]360 FTW! Fuck Playstation! Fuck Sony![/fanboyism]

I'm sure they are both wonderful looking.

Sure there will be 1000 articles on the internet comparing to framerates, screen shots and other nonsensical stuff that REALLY doesn't matter.
Jeff Threat
true.
JamieMilne
theres a big conspiracy happening over onthe gamespot ps3 red dead fourms lol. there all saying that because rstar didnt send out copies of the ps3 game to ign etc, that there trying to hide something lol
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 17 2010, 01:35 PM) *
theres a big conspiracy happening over onthe gamespot ps3 red dead fourms lol. there all saying that because rstar didnt send out copies of the ps3 game to ign etc, that there trying to hide something lol

Like I said, [fanboyism]360 > PS3[/fanboyism].

In other news, I have paid in full for my copy. It will be available at midnight, but I think jetlag and a three day hangover will keep me in bed tonight.

Then I have to work ALL day Tuesday and Wednesday is my wedding anniversary. I might get fired and divorced in the next two days.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 17 2010, 07:50 PM) *
Like I said, [fanboyism]360 < PS3[/fanboyism].

Hah! I counter your argument with a single shift+click. Now submit to my will... well ok, don't if you don't want to... alright fine i'll submit to yours master.
zeeshan810
F*** FANBOYS! bird.gif wallbash_red.gif
andy42s
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 17 2010, 10:19 AM) *

Fuck Bill Gates! Fuck Microsoft! Fuck Junkbox (send back for repairs) $360!

Haha Jumpy.gif
TreeFitty
*ahem*
Massacre
*Offers Fitty cough medicine*
DiO
Shame. They could have pushed the game further with the capabilities of the PS3. I really don't see this as a good thing. Not being a fanboy. The game could be better. This goes for all multi-plat games. Though they prolly don't have time to make it any better than it already is.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (DiO @ May 17 2010, 10:55 PM) *
Shame. They could have pushed the game further with the capabilities of the PS3. I really don't see this as a good thing. Not being a fanboy. The game could be better. This goes for all multi-plat games. Though they prolly don't have time to make it any better than it already is.

Even with that being said, is it possible for them to harness all the power and capabilities using the current game engines and technology? Or are they just being lazy assholes by making a game that's good enough?... which by the way, the game looks amazing, so who are we to demand more, if the game is nearly perfect... are we just little brats who always have to find something to bitch about?

I'm going to marvel at the game on my 360 and be happy with what I have - an awesome gaming experience. I could really give a shit if John Marston's wiener looks better on the PS3. Stop looking at and comparing penises. That's all fanboyism is.

Besides, if you're not playing whatever system you own on an HD television and are blabbing about which looks better, you should be hung at high noon or shot dead in the middle of town square.
Hardcore Ottoman
All we do on this site is bitch about bullshit and compare each others penises...
asthenia
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 18 2010, 02:02 PM) *

Even with that being said, is it possible for them to harness all the power and capabilities using the current game engines and technology? Or are they just being lazy assholes by making a game that's good enough?... which by the way, the game looks amazing, so who are we to demand more, if the game is nearly perfect... are we just little brats who always have to find something to bitch about?

I'm going to marvel at the game on my 360 and be happy with what I have - an awesome gaming experience. I could really give a shit if John Marston's wiener looks better on the PS3. Stop looking at and comparing penises. That's all fanboyism is.

Besides, if you're not playing whatever system you own on an HD television and are blabbing about which looks better, you should be hung at high noon or shot dead in the middle of town square.

notworthy.gif

Where's a half decent clapping emoticon? And I don't want that dumbass jumping one.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 18 2010, 01:04 PM) *
All we do on this site is bitch about bullshit and compare each others penises...

By the way, mine is bigger.
Hardcore Ottoman
Yeah, but mine has greater girth.
asthenia
Mine has the most cowbell. Queers.
DiO
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 18 2010, 09:02 AM) *

IDK. It's better than good enough. Great actually. Wasn't demanding. SD tongue.gif

The day they make an open world game that looks like Uncharted 2 is the day I shit my pants. Prolly wont be that far away.

QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 18 2010, 01:35 PM) *
Where's a half decent clapping emoticon? And I don't want that dumbass jumping one.

*Jumps on and rapes.
asthenia
I luv u bbe. *presents*

On another note- I've never played either Uncharted. ... so... RDR will be the best looking game EVAR for me?.... tbh it could look like GTA IV for all I care - I never had any graphical hitches with that game. On my PS3 atleast.
Assassin
QUOTE (andy42s @ May 18 2010, 09:49 AM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 17 2010, 10:19 AM) *

Fuck Bill Gates! Fuck Microsoft! Fuck Junkbox (send back for repairs) $360!

Haha Jumpy.gif

Someone needs anger management classes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.