Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cheats
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
andy42s
Are any cheat codes availible, or do they wait to leak them until the game is released? I haven't been able to find any. I do plan to complete the game without cheats, just curious
TreeFitty
Cheats come after release.
Dog Mauser Truck
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 12 2010, 08:09 PM) *
Cheats come after release.

Thank you. I plan on buying a PS3 guide, too; any cheat RDR PS3 code; I will share them here. You should not have to spend twenty extra bucks just to make a game you spent $60.00 for work, too.
ConQueSteD
you don't have to buy the Strategy Guide for cheats they are can be found on a new technology called, THE internet.
TreeFitty
Deleted the double post.

Now that I've looked, the first bunch of cheats for GTA IV came the day before the game: http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=786567 The rest came later. So maybe we'll get some insight prior to release depending on what Rockstar wants to give us.
JamieMilne
haha, The Internet wowwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Massacre
Hopefully we get some fun cheats this time. IV's cheats were pretty basic compared to SA.
bOnEs
aren't there going to be cheats available for completing R* social club events and challenges? i thought i read that on the website somewhere... stuff like getting exploding bullets... but, i don't recall ever cheating with GTAIV except for one night, just to see what they were like...

i don't plan on cheating in RDR either, unless something sounds good like the rioting one from SA... but even then, i'd save it for long after i beat the game...
asthenia
Yeah there's a cheat for bullets that can cause enemies to set alight.

bOnEs, really? You don't cheat at all? I don't cheat in the story, but if I'm having an Evening of Anarchy™℠ ®©℠®™©, I weapons cheat loads. Especially explosive punch and explosive sniper rounds, it's fucking hilarious trying to fight off a load of stars with just your explosive fists. Alot of my fun comes from simply watching physics alot of the time though, another reason I really cannot wait for Redemption. This improved engine, and blowing people off of their horses.
Indy
Yeah I read cheats can be unlocked by completing challenges through the social club. It's on the social club section of the red dead site at the moment.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 13 2010, 02:48 PM) *

bOnEs, really? You don't cheat at all?

nope... it's rare for me to cheat in a game... only a few times have i cheated in as many years... i had so much fun in the liberty city sandbox that i never saw a need to cheat, even when i was fucking around...like i said, i tried it once and though "meh"... so no, i rarely cheat anymore...

i've noticed too nowadays that a lot of games don't have cheat codes anymore... you more or less unlock enhancers or incentives by achieving certain objectives... the last game i played that actually had codes to enter was saints row 2...
zeeshan810
Social Club will post cheats on RDR page.
asthenia
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 13 2010, 10:29 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 13 2010, 02:48 PM) *

bOnEs, really? You don't cheat at all?

nope... it's rare for me to cheat in a game... only a few times have i cheated in as many years... i had so much fun in the liberty city sandbox that i never saw a need to cheat, even when i was fucking around...like i said, i tried it once and though "meh"... so no, i rarely cheat anymore...

i've noticed too nowadays that a lot of games don't have cheat codes anymore... you more or less unlock enhancers or incentives by achieving certain objectives... the last game i played that actually had codes to enter was saints row 2...

Yeah alot don't bother, and most games that don't have them I wouldn't want to use them for anyway, I strictly use them in SandBox games, and like I said, if I'm wanting to have an insane time.

I think SandBoxes will always have them, just because of the nature of the game.

That's pretty cool you don't use them though man. /brofist
Psy
From what I remember seeing when I played the game in New York a few weeks back, you actually unlock cheats in the pause menu by completing various challenges in the game. We never got to see it actually happen, but there's a menu in game for the cheats and they were all locked, so you might not necessarily need to use codes, you might just unlock them by finding treasure or whatever.
asthenia
Noice. Did you catch a glimpse of the names of any cheats?
bOnEs
QUOTE (Psy @ May 14 2010, 05:26 AM) *
From what I remember seeing when I played the game in New York a few weeks back, you actually unlock cheats in the pause menu by completing various challenges in the game. We never got to see it actually happen, but there's a menu in game for the cheats and they were all locked, so you might not necessarily need to use codes, you might just unlock them by finding treasure or whatever.

yea, i figured that it worked that way... most games do it like that nowadays...
Psy
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 14 2010, 09:37 AM) *

Nah, I think they were all blanked out sort of like hidden achievements. I think. Can't really remember. Plenty of alcohol had been consumed by that point. I guess that was Rockstar's way to keep their secrets under wraps. Get us so drunk that we forget everything. snf (31).gif
asthenia
QUOTE (Psy @ May 14 2010, 09:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 14 2010, 09:37 AM) *

Nah, I think they were all blanked out sort of like hidden achievements. I think. Can't really remember. Plenty of alcohol had been consumed by that point. I guess that was Rockstar's way to keep their secrets under wraps. Get us so drunk that we forget everything. snf (31).gif

As funny as that sounds, you're probably bang on!
JamieMilne
Cheat: Cheat List
You can enter the following codes in the Cheats Menu under "Options." Enter the entire phrase given below to activate the cheat, punctuation included. Capitalization does not matter. Once a cheat is entered you may toggle them from a master list. If the cheat effect isn't made obvious by its title, we give a description of it in parenthesis below. Entering cheats disables saving and Trophies / Achievements!

Invincibility - HE GIVES STRENGTH TO THE WEAK
Infinite Dead Eye - I DON'T UNDERSTAND IMNFINITY
Infinite Horse Stamina - MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES
Infinite Ammo - ABUNDANCE IS EVERYWHERE
Money ($500) - THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, WE THANK YOU!
Horse - BEASTS AND MAN TOGETHER
Diplomatic Immunity (Marshalls ignore crime) - I WISH I WORKED FOR UNCLE SAM
Decrease Bounty - THEY SELL SOULS CHEAP HERE
Gun Set 1 - IT'S MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT
Gun Set 2 - I'M AN AMERICAN. I NEED GUNS
Who? (Turn into a Nobody) - HUMILITY BEFORE THE LORD
Old School (Sepia Filter) - THE OLD WAYS IS THE BEST WAYS
Sharp Dressed Man (Unlock Gentleman's Suit) - DON'T YOU LOOK FINE AND DANDY
Lewis and Clark (Unlock all areas) - YOU GOT YOURSELF A FINE PAIR OF EYES
Jack Attack (Change John into Jack) - OH MY SON, MY BLESSED SON
Donkey Rider - ???
Coach - ???
Increase Bounty - ???
Clear Bounty - ???
Every Shot Counts - ???
Gun Set 3 - ???
Gun set 4 - ???
Punchout - ???
Famous - ???
Good Guy - ???
Bad guy - ???
So So Guy - ???
Change Weather - ???
Beastmaster - ???
Hitchcock - ???
Guns Blazing - ???
Hic - ???
Man In Uniform - ???
Gang Chic - ???
Right To Bear Arms - ???
Rise Up - ???
Dead-eye Level 1 - ???
Dead-eye Level 2 - ???
Dead-eye Level 3 - ???#

got this list off ign, i dnt think they have the codes for the ??? marked ones lol. il keep it updated.
Massacre
So, you can use cheats, but you can't save? Then what's the fucking point? I can understand disabling achievements, but not allowing me to have a separate file for cheating is fucking retarded.

Even other games made by Rockstar don't have the common sense to share the same cheat system as GTA...
JamieMilne
by the sounds of it there is a toggle on/off system, that sounds like you dont need a seperate save file because you can just turn the cheat off ?
Massacre
It seems like cheating at all will disable saving that file. Otherwise you could just cheat to progress through the game and then shut them off to save your ill-gotten progress. I dunno, I suppose I could check, seeing as the game is currently running...
Kuwong
Yeah I would like a separate cheat save, not to mention how annoying it'd be to accidentally activate a cheat on your main and finding yourself unable to save after completing a load of shit.
asthenia
Cheating disables all saving from that point onwards. I plan to have 2 saves, one storyline save and one cheating file that I will save over everytime I save my story mode file.
ViceMan
Is it possible that cheat codes are littered around the map? In the Sepulcros cemetery inside one of the small ruined buildings there is the message "Humility before the lord" scrawled on the wall, which i've just noticed is the cheat to lower your fame.
Psy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 27 2010, 12:19 PM) *
Is it possible that cheat codes are littered around the map? In the Sepulcros cemetery inside one of the small ruined buildings there is the message "Humility before the lord" scrawled on the wall, which i've just noticed is the cheat to lower your fame.

Good find. It's quite possible that is the case.
bOnEs
yea it is true... in the official trailer, you could see on the train track bridge it said, "they sell souls cheap here" and that's a cheat biggrin.gif... so yea, i do believe the cheats are written all over the walls in this game...
Psy
The text in the ad column at the bottom right of the newspapers are cheats too appearently.
GLC
On the wall of the barn in Beecher's Hope it says Oh my son, my blessed son. That's the cheat to change John into Jack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.