Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR Downloadable Content
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TreeFitty
Anything to do with Red Dead Redemption downloadable content (DLC) or other add ons that might be released to us. Running list of RDR DLC info....

Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack - June 22nd, Free
Red Dead Redemption DLC Info (pack is FREE!)
New Outlaws To The End Screens
More DLC Info and Screens
More DLC Missions and Screens
DLC Trailer from GameTrailers.com
Outlaws to the End Co-Op DLC Now Available

Legends and Killers Pack - August 10th, $10/800 Microsoft Points
Upcoming #RDR DLC Info, Four $10 packs!
New Legends and Killers DLC Pack Screens
More Legends and Killers DLC Pack Screens
Red Dead Redemption DLC Out on August 10th
RDR Legends and Killers Pack Trailer
Legends and Killers of Red Dead Revolver: Part 1
RDR Legends and Killers Trophies and Achievements
Legends and Killers of Red Dead Revolver: Part 2
Legends & Killers DLC Out Tomorrow
The 9 New Locations in Legends and Killers DLC
Legends and Killers DLC Available Now!

Liars and Cheats Pack - September 21st, $10/800 Microsoft Points
New DLC: Liars and Cheats Pack Out 21.09.10
First Look at the Liars and Cheats Pack DLC
Stronghold Mode Pics+Info for Liars and Cheats DLC
Liars and Cheats Official Trailer Tomorrow
The Liars and Cheats Pack Official Trailer
Liars and Cheats DLC Achievements/Trophies
More Screens+Info on Liars and Cheats
Even More Liars and Cheats DLC Screens+Info
L&C DLC Hideouts and Hunting Grounds
Explosive Rifle Screens
Liars and Cheats Pack Available Now + 2XP Weekend

Free Roam Pack - ^Mixed with above^

Undead Nightmare Pack - October 26th, $10/800 Microsoft Points
New Details and Teaser Trailer coming for new DLC
Asked and Answered: Liars and Cheats DLC
Original Artwork From Undead Nightmare
First Undead Nightmare Screenshots
Undead Nightmare Trailer is Alive!
Zombie Cougar Screenshots
Play Undead DLC at NY Comic Con This Weekend
5 New Undead Nightmare Screens
New Official Artwork: Nuns with Guns
Lucky Gamer Gets RDR Likeness in UN Pack
All New Undead Screenshots
Asked and Answered: Undead Nightmare Pack
2 New Artworks, UN Poster, Friendly Free Roam Soon
New Zombie Bear Artwork
New Undead Marston Outfit Screenshots
New Undead Nightmare Trailer!
Undead Nightmare Coming on 26th+Info and DLC Disc!
IGN Preview of Undead Nightmare - New Info Inside!
New Screenshots: The Four Horses of the Apocalypse
"Graveyards" - New Undead Nightmare Video
GameSpot Undead Q&A with Dan Houser
Holy Weapons Trailer from GameTrailers
5 Undead Nightmare Trophies and Achievements
New Screenshots: Saving Towns from the Plague
More Undead Screens: How to Clear Graveyards
New Undead Nightmare Video: "Undead Overrun"
New Undead Screens and Info: Land Grab Mode
Undead Nightmare Previews
BIG FOOT?!?!?!?!?!?!
Undead Nightmare Commercial (Bigfoot again!)
Undead Nightmare Launch Trailer
New Undead Screenshots: The Zombies Breeds
More New Screens: Rescuing Missing Persons
The Undead Has Arrived

Undead Nightmare Disc - November 23rd (US) 26th (Europe), $29.99/24.99/€29.99
All previous DLC on one disc!
Undead Nightmare Coming on 26th+Info and DLC Disc!

Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack - October 12th, free
Red Dead Title Update Next Week
Asked and Answered: Liars and Cheats DLC
Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack In One Week!
Free Hunting and Trading Outfits Now Available

Marshal Outfits - October 1st, free
The Marshals are finally coming to Multiplayer!

SITE PAGE

Add your thoughts or what you want for Red Dead Redemption DLC!
bOnEs
so, these are going to be like the co-op missions from GTAIV?? as in, they can be repeated as many times as you'd like?? if that's the case, i need to let my friends know because, we're all co-op whores laugh.gif...

and at least it's FREE!! i was afraid R* would turn into activision and charge us $10 for this new experience... R* sure knows how to do DLC the right way... i wonder if they're going to get give us the pre-ordered items for free as well?
TreeFitty
The pre-order stuff is a possibility. Hopefully the next two over the summer won't be too much $$$.
Kuwong
See I dislike this, sure the emphasis is on online play or co-op but if you don't have xbox gold, or a friend who wants to play, it's really pointless. I'm hoping not all the DLC is co-op only.
bOnEs
i would imagine the other DLC's aren't going to be the same as this one... they should be doing new and interesting things with each release... i am actually kind of surprised that they mentioned only 3 DLC packs... why limit yourself?? you could be releasing DLC for this game two years later, if it becomes the success that everyone hopes it would be...
DuPz0r
Isn't the game packs which are pre-order only classed as DLC? I'm sure it'll be available on the cheap or free a couple of months down the line on the PSN and 360 live stores.

I certainly wnat the war horse and the golden guns.

It will be nice to see some co-op DLC. I'm sure the missions for this will be much better than the GTA co-ops.
PabloHoneyOle
I'd like to see a TANK or helicopter.
DuPz0r
I want to see a golden locomotive train!
asthenia
I'd like to see a chainsaw with a huge dildo on the end of it, a la San Andreas!
PabloHoneyOle
Lola.
asthenia
Lola and Scarlet Lady sex video.

Displayed in Star Junction.
BAMF
Any speculation as to DLC story line approaches? I wonder if R* will do the same thing as they did with GTA IV and introduce new characters. If so I hope the next protagonist is NOT married wink.gif
Assassin
QUOTE (BAMF @ May 21 2010, 08:51 AM) *
Any speculation as to DLC story line approaches? I wonder if R* will do the same thing as they did with GTA IV and introduce new characters. If so I hope the next protagonist is NOT married wink.gif

Yes because then he will agree to do.... Things. evil (15).gif
JamieMilne
whats the big deal with having the next character be married?, so you can go sleep with virtual female lookalikes lol
bOnEs
i hope the next DLC episode(if it is an episode like liberty city) follows the events at the end of the game... but, i am stoked about the co-op missions coming out in june... i love me some co-op biggrin.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (BAMF @ May 20 2010, 06:21 PM) *

This is the most ridiculous shit I have ever heard.

Are you that sex starved that you need to be able to pay for sex with virtual Mexican prostitutes to enjoy the game properly?

Anyway, on a back on topic of DLC, I'd like the ability to scalp and rape people/corpses.
Hardcore Ottoman
I was totally hoping I could scalp people... so I too wish this to be in the DLC!
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 1 2010, 06:57 AM) *
Are you that sex starved that you need to be able to pay for sex with virtual Mexican prostitutes to enjoy the game properly?

sad.gif Yes...

And I have a fetish for unwashed virtual bush.
TreeFitty
put a page up on the main site http://www.ireddead.com/reddeadredemption/...le-content-dlc/ and added the new news post.
DuPz0r
It's nice to re-read the Title post after actually playing RDR. It makes it all the more exciting now you kind of know what to expect biggrin.gif
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 3 2010, 08:04 PM) *
It's nice to re-read the Title post after actually playing RDR. It makes it all the more exciting now you kind of know what to expect biggrin.gif

Yah no doubt...........RDR spoilers \/

I am excited to play more missions as Jack to get an idea of his personality. From playing as him he seems evern more wild than John. For example when he Yells at his horse "Work ya damn nag"
ViceMan
So the first DLC is purely MP orientated, correct? But do we know anything about the future ones? They could be only for MP too.
bOnEs
they could be... R* hasn't said anything about the next set of DLC so, we'll just have to wait until july for more information...
asthenia
I can see some TLAD and TBoGT type stuff going down...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Jun 10 2010, 09:15 AM) *

Any ideas as to which characters would be possible candidates for the protagonist? It'd have to be someone who's skilled in gunfights. I was thinking maybe they could go back in time and show John's backstory, running with the gang and his eventual downfall.
asthenia
As far as I'm concerned after what I've seen tonight; prequel is the way forward. The story is far too interesting not to go back.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 11 2010, 05:12 PM) *

Any ideas as to which characters would be possible candidates for the protagonist? It'd have to be someone who's skilled in gunfights. I was thinking maybe they could go back in time and show John's backstory, running with the gang and his eventual downfall.

how about the backstory on the indians of RDR? most of dutch's gang are indians so, maybe we could play as one of those crazy guys, or play as nastas, who works for agent ross as an informant... if they intend on doing the episodes thing, they would have to pull people that have run-ins with john during his story... so, this guy would work IMO...

how about landon ricketts?? i think he would work too...

shaky? biggrin.gif... i would L-L-L-L-OVE to play as shaky laugh.gif...

leigh johnson?? playing as a town marshall would be all kinds of fun... or maybe play as one of his loyal deputies...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 11 2010, 10:37 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 11 2010, 05:12 PM) *

how about the backstory on the indians of RDR? most of dutch's gang are indians so, maybe we could play as one of those crazy guys, or play as nastas, who works for agent ross as an informant... if they intend on doing the episodes thing, they would have to pull people that have run-ins with john during his story... so, this guy would work IMO...

how about landon ricketts?? i think he would work too...

shaky? biggrin.gif... i would L-L-L-L-OVE to play as shaky laugh.gif...

leigh johnson?? playing as a town marshall would be all kinds of fun... or maybe play as one of his loyal deputies...

None of them except Nastas really fit the protagonist image, Landon Ricketts... maybe when he was younger. Marshal Johnson would be too constrained by his position of law to do anything morally inappropriate and Shaky wouldn't work cause it'd take three hours to get through the initial cutscene.
Massacre
We play as Bonnie in the first episode, then Uncle in the second. There's also going to be a third episode where we play as the rabbit I ran over with the stagecoach in Mexico. Posthumously.
DiO
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 11 2010, 05:53 PM) *
None of them except Nastas really fit the protagonist image, Landon Ricketts... maybe when he was younger. Marshal Johnson would be too constrained by his position of law to do anything morally inappropriate and Shaky wouldn't work cause it'd take three hours to get through the initial cutscene.

Landon is actually perfect. They said the ole west was dying throughout the game. Landon's past would be back in the thick of the "wildness"
TwoFacedTanner
If they keep going the way they were going at the end of the game...I'm gonna beg for haircuts.

I don't like Jack's hairstyle. Its too loose and nappy looking, I like how John's was flat against his head. Looked better.

And definitely more outfits.
asthenia
John's hair is cool, it's as if it's greasy but in a respectable looking manner.
bOnEs
whats next? are you going to tell them to make the characters look like they've taken a bath in the past week? it's the wild west, their hairstyles and personal hygiene are very wild indeed...
DiO
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 12 2010, 07:49 PM) *
If they keep going the way they were going at the end of the game...I'm gonna beg for haircuts.

I don't like Jack's hairstyle. Its too loose and nappy looking, I like how John's was flat against his head. Looked better.

Doesnt the hair change for the gentleman attire?
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 13 2010, 09:27 PM) *
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 12 2010, 07:49 PM) *

Doesnt the hair change for the gentleman attire?

No, it's always the same.
TreeFitty
New trailer: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...metrailers.com/

DuPz0r
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 21 2010, 07:47 PM) *

Over 100 new challenges! ohmy.gif Sweet.

I'm looking forward to this co-pack. What makes it more exciting is that it's free. It's the first free proper premium DLC I've seen since Burnout Paradise i think. I think Activision and other big companies should take a look at R*'s boots and jump into them. Considering we pay so much in this day and age for games, we should be entitled to dedicated free fan DLC.

Anyway. See you guys tomorrow! Hope you guys are going to be around for some co-opage...?
TreeFitty
Four new packs to be released. One as early as August: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...-four-10-packs/

Three of them are listed as $10 with one undetermined.
bOnEs
i like the sound of the new packs... it's a shame they're $10 a piece but, they do seem to be adding some new and interesting ideas into the multiplayer freeroam... and a couple of new wrinkles in the single player as well...

that last one just continues this unknown fascination with zombies all of a sudden... plus, it actually sounds cool... ghost towns with ghosts and the dead rising from the graves... lol, that just might be something special and a probably a refreshing change to the RDR formula to keep people still interested in playing...

can't wait to hear more about these...
DuPz0r
Awesome. I really like the sound of that last one. With the new animals unleashed and Zombie characters biggrin.gif Sounds pretty epic to me. I also like the fact we can play Liars Dice, Poker and Horse racing! i thought that would've been in the original multiplayer, but its ok.

So i have to start saving my money for all these packs. I hope it isn't going to cost 9.99 Hopefully 6.99 or 7.99, and I'll be ok paying it.
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 8 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Awesome. I really like the sound of that last one. With the new animals unleashed and Zombie characters biggrin.gif Sounds pretty epic to me. I also like the fact we can play Liars Dice, Poker and Horse racing! i thought that would've been in the original multiplayer, but its ok.

So i have to start saving my money for all these packs. I hope it isn't going to cost 9.99 Hopefully 6.99 or 7.99, and I'll be ok paying it.

i hope there's a PSN+ discount or one of them being a freebie one month biggrin.gif... come on R*, re-assure my reasoning for purchasing playstation network plus, please...
DuPz0r
I wonder what the anti-greifing measures will be? Because you can choose to kick people already can't you? Do you think if someone kills the same player in free-roam more than 5 times, that player get to choose to kick them all on their own or something?
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 10 2010, 10:04 AM) *
I wonder what the anti-greifing measures will be? Because you can choose to kick people already can't you? Do you think if someone kills the same player in free-roam more than 5 times, that player get to choose to kick them all on their own or something?

I doubt it, because people have legitimate gun battles in FR. I'm wondering if it'll be like the old JA inactivity protection, after remaining still for a while you became surrounded by a green bubble that made you invulnerable. Also when respawning you were protected from attacks for several seconds.

Or it could be an option to teleport to another part of the map after repeated killings, without finding a transport marker.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jul 11 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Or it could be an option to teleport to another part of the map after repeated killings, without finding a transport marker.

This sounds more reasonable actually.
TreeFitty
new Legends and Killers Pack screens: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...c-pack-screens/

and R* added a DLC section of the site so we can finally get big pictures of the DLC screens. smile.gif
Massacre
Worth the ten bucks.

ViceMan
Just posted in the news article, i'm sure he has two sticks of dynamite strapped to his head. happy.gif
Massacre
I wish they were functional. It would be a nice incentive to not try and shoot me in the head at close range. Or I could suicide bomb like I do in GTA IV.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 16 2010, 06:20 PM) *
I wish they were functional. It would be a nice incentive to not try and shoot me in the head at close range. Or I could suicide bomb like I do in GTA IV.

It would be even better if you sniped him from afar while he was camping with his teammates and it blew them all up. But I doubt they'll be functional, just aesthetic.
Massacre
Aye, 'tis a shame. Also, I declare that guy to be Old West Piggsy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.