Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR Downloadable Content
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TreeFitty
added all the big images http://www.ireddead.com/images/ that guy has plenty of dynamite to go around
TreeFitty
More Legends and Killers screens
DuPz0r
I'm looking forward to this next DLC!
bOnEs
legends and killers DLC drops august 10th...

http://www.vg247.com/2010/08/03/rdr-legend...10/#more-110359

i am not sure about this one... $10 for a tomahawk, revolver characters, and 8 multiplayer maps... what the hell is in the multiplayer maps?? this pack screams $5, not $10... i'll wait until someone else gets it and informs me of what's included... i am actually more interested in the next pack, which will include the ability to play diars dice and poker... maybe even horseshoes...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 3 2010, 06:21 PM) *
i am actually more interested in the next pack, which will include the ability to play diars dice and poker... maybe even horseshoes...

This should've been included in the base MP IMO, paying extra for it means a lot of people won't bother getting it. And I think it'll be one of those features that rarely gets used. I don't even play in free roam anymore, I just go straight into a team deathmatch.
Massacre
When the fuck are they going to release the losing preorder outifts?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 3 2010, 01:21 PM) *
what the hell is in the multiplayer maps??

Map "locations" ( http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...on-august-10th/ ). So probably just towns or areas that aren't options yet.

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 3 2010, 02:01 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 3 2010, 06:21 PM) *
i am actually more interested in the next pack, which will include the ability to play diars dice and poker... maybe even horseshoes...

This should've been included in the base MP IMO, paying extra for it means a lot of people won't bother getting it. And I think it'll be one of those features that rarely gets used. I don't even play in free roam anymore, I just go straight into a team deathmatch.

True with most of the stuff they are releasing.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 3 2010, 02:19 PM) *

Probably some random time.
bOnEs

hell yes... that's what i want to know... and how about giving us the war horse already, huh??
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 4 2010, 05:13 AM) *

hell yes... that's what i want to know... and how about giving us the war horse already, huh??

The war horse is pointless, I used it maybe twice. The American standardbred is much better. But i've said this before.
bOnEs
i don't care about how good it is, i just like the look of it... i am kind of sick of using a white or black horse...
asthenia
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 4 2010, 04:22 PM) *
i don't care about how good it is, i just like the look of it... i am kind of sick of using a white or black horse...

I know what you mean but I'm pointing it out anyway.
bOnEs
i don't get it... unless its some gay joke then sure, whatever...
ViceMan
From what I remember of it it was pretty much identical to the American standardbred anyway, it's black but with a golden mane. Who gives a fuck what it looks like anyway?
bOnEs
me... i like the look of the beat up horse you get when your evil and i like the look of the war horse too... i like unique stuff that separates me from the crowd... i'm just asking that they release it to the public... but, i really want the hunters outfit too... they need to release those outfits soon...
TwoFacedTanner
Ive been dying for the Savvy merchant. Thats the one I voted for. The Deadly Assassin is/was my least favorite.
bOnEs
same here, i didn't really want the assassin outfit either... the eyepatch was a nice touch but, the hunter's outfit was sweet... and after playing the game, hunting in that outfit would of been all the better... i might of ditched my horse back in town and tried to sneak up on deer or something...
ViceMan
The other outfits are all a bit pointless now, I don't think i'll be starting a new gamesave just to get a slight discount on goods. But I may eventually start a new save anyway. I rarely used the deadly assasin outfit because I didn't like the look of it. When I got the duster I used that up until I got the legend of the west and I haven't changed it since.
DuPz0r
I voted for the hunter outfit. It looks the best imo. I have the deadly assassin outfit, it is crud. I used the duster for most of the game too.

I'm not that bothered by the offline DLC. I just want the online stuff tbh...
TreeFitty
new trailer btw: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...s-pack-trailer/
TreeFitty
When the fuck are they going qto release the losing preorder outifts?

"RockstarGames: Look 4 more on those outfits soon RT @SIBBECOSS Whatís happening with the merchant/survivalist outfits release this summer? Just curious smile.gif"
ViceMan
Woo, one of the new hold your own locations is Tall Trees, I wonder if the wildlife will still be present? Would be fun weaving from tree to tree taking out enemies, grabbing their bag then getting batted round the head by a bear. Apparently it's best to play it on horseback.

Gamespot preview
DuPz0r
Awesome trailer. I like the new multiplayer locations. Rio Bravo and Tall trees the most! Taking another look at those cameo characters i think i like them more now.

New trophy list:

Call it a Comeback!
Come back from a 2-0 deficit and win a Hold Your Own game.

Who needs Deadeye?
Kill 3 or more players in a standoff or showdown.

Stick and Move
Get 3 kills with knives or throwing knives in a single competitive match.

Double bagger
Double capture 3 times in a single Gold Rush map.

Headhunter
Kill 5 players via headshot in a single Shootout or Gang Shootout.

Legendary
Reach level 50 and pass into Legend.

Hail Mary
Get a kill greater than 35 yards with a Tomahawk.

Axe Master
Complete all Tomahawk challenges in Single Player.

Original Gunslinger
Get 25 Deadeye kills with Red.

Reeeeal Good
Get 25 Dynamite kills with Pig Josh.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 6 2010, 08:39 AM) *
Headhunter

Easy, I can get about 20 headshots in one match. But for some reason it only shows them in the stats in bag games.

As for the Revolver characters I couldn't care less, everybody will be using them so you won't be unique, at the end of the day it's just a player model and doesn't affect anything. I'll stick to my current one - The Tudisco Kid.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 6 2010, 03:39 AM) *
New trophy list:

Call it a Comeback!
Come back from a 2-0 deficit and win a Hold Your Own game.

Who needs Deadeye?
Kill 3 or more players in a standoff or showdown.

Stick and Move
Get 3 kills with knives or throwing knives in a single competitive match.

Double bagger
Double capture 3 times in a single Gold Rush map.

Headhunter

Legendary
Reach level 50 and pass into Legend.

Hail Mary
Get a kill greater than 35 yards with a Tomahawk.

Axe Master
Complete all Tomahawk challenges in Single Player.

Original Gunslinger
Get 25 Deadeye kills with Red.

Reeeeal Good
Get 25 Dynamite kills with Pig Josh.

that's what i forgot to check out last night... stealing this for news. tongue.gif
bOnEs
meh... i am still not sure if i want to purchase this pack... too bad it's not a playstation store + discount mad.gif... that might encourage me to get it but as of right now, i am not paying $10 for some multiplayer locations and characters... this is one of the reasons why i laughed at the call of duty MW2 map packs... $15 for new multiplayer locations... same rules apply here, these things should be at the most $5... because, the locations are already on the map, i am not paying extra for you to unlock them....
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 6 2010, 03:49 PM) *
meh... i am still not sure if i want to purchase this pack... too bad it's not a playstation store + discount mad.gif... that might encourage me to get it but as of right now, i am not paying $10 for some multiplayer locations and characters... this is one of the reasons why i laughed at the call of duty MW2 map packs... $15 for new multiplayer locations... same rules apply here, these things should be at the most $5... because, the locations are already on the map, i am not paying extra for you to unlock them....

As for me, i'll get it when i can afford to splash out on it, mainly because I'm a sucker for DLC if it is a game i play a lot or intend to. I spend loads on LBP level kits because i played it loads. I buy the MW2 map packs because my wife plays it more than i do! lol. So I will most likely end up getting most of or all of the RDR packs because it will extend the life of a game i like a lot.
ViceMan
The one thing that worries me with this DLC pack is that if I get it will I be able to play with people who haven't downloaded it? I mean if hardly anybody gets it it's going to make the deathmatches I enjoy so much rather boring.
bOnEs
that's why these map packs don't make any sense to me... they should just keep giving us new locations for free but, charge a few bucks for new characters... i think playing some matches in blackwater, manzanita post, and thieves landing would be sweet but, why aren't they free??

i would seriously consider paying $5 for the red dead revolver character pack because, i want to play as buffalo soldier but, i still don't see how not giving us the maps for free will work in public matches... it's alienating a lot of the players and possibly kicking them out of the group when a new map comes up...

i just doesn't make a lot of sense... and the sad thing is, i think all of these packs come with new multiplayer maps... what the fuck rockstar?? are you trying to be like activision??
DuPz0r
It's true it will divide the amount of players and again when the next dlc comes out. But this is sadly the direction the games industry is moving in... So many people demand new content asap rather than wait for a new game. This works out good for the impatient people out there and the game companies too.
bOnEs
alienating half the online community doesn't sounds like good business, IMO... but, your right... sadly it's the current direction of the industry... activision is even looking into charging you to play online... as well as making you pay an online activation fee for purchasing a used video game... this industry is starting to get really money hungry for some reason, and they're making billions... greedy fucks...
TreeFitty
They'll keep doing it and doing more as long as people keep paying.
bOnEs
i think the success of the $15 map packs for call of duty showed the industry we're willing to pay for it... which makes me want to kill everyone that bought them... it's bad enough that the games cost $60 but, adding another $20 or so on top of it really strikes a nerve with me... and there's nothing i can do about it except bitch and complain, which gets me nowhere...

seriously, if companies like activision follow through with this whole "pay to play online" shit, i am going to go back to strictly single player experiences... and maybe the occasional online experience if i don't have to pay anything... it's not like i play online all that much anyways... i wouldn't be missing much...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 9 2010, 04:31 PM) *
i think the success of the $15 map packs for call of duty showed the industry we're willing to pay for it... which makes me want to kill everyone that bought them... it's bad enough that the games cost $60 but, adding another $20 or so on top of it really strikes a nerve with me... and there's nothing i can do about it except bitch and complain, which gets me nowhere...

seriously, if companies like activision follow through with this whole "pay to play online" shit, i am going to go back to strictly single player experiences... and maybe the occasional online experience if i don't have to pay anything... it's not like i play online all that much anyways... i wouldn't be missing much...

Thats the thing with me.
I like playing online with friends though, I just about hate doing it any other way. There are a lot of dickbags out there...and its why I'm pretty disappointed in the way Rockstar is doing the DLC for this game.
TreeFitty
for those that haven't checked the first post or ireddead.com, more info coming out.
bOnEs
now, i see nothing wrong with single player DLC... nothing at all, which is probably why i am interested in the undead pack but, it's the multiplayer stuff that bothers me... if you want to keep the online community active, they all need to be playing the same thing... not having to pay $10 to activate their online account because they bought the game used, only to find that everyone is playing the new maps that cost another $15...

i'm sorry but, this is kind of pissing me off... i'd like to say, "/rant" but, i don't think that's going to happen anytime soon...

*shakes fist*
DuPz0r
I'm also looking forward the the offline DLC more. Playing online used to seem epic like 5-10 years ago, but the novelty has worn off the last two or three years. I mean, i loved the GTA matches we set up. But that's between friends. Online games against randoms isn't all that fun anymore. Too many bitchers and moaners on their mics all the time.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 10 2010, 10:04 AM) *
Too many bitchers and moaners on their mics all the time.

I just mute them all, usually a load of foreign cunts anyway talking in gibberish.

Anyway for some reason I downloaded this, it's the first time i've ever bought anything from the PS Store. Hope I don't regret it, although I probably will when I find only three other people have it. Suppose I can always uninstall it if that's the case.
DuPz0r
Tell us how good or bad the new maps are! And also how cool is the new weapon?
TreeFitty
Not even in PSN store for me yet... *runs off to make news post anyway*
ViceMan
Haven't even looked at the new characters and I don't really care about them, but every third faggot is using the Red Harlow model thinking they're somehow unique. There's also a new team to play as in team deathmatches called "Revolver" well you can guess that the team comprises of the newly added characters.

Before I start with the maps themselves i'd like to point out that in the match selection there are new sections added such as "Legends & Killers free for all" "Legends & Killers team deathmatch" etc. So the original game shouldn't be affected and you should still be able to play that normally.

As for the maps, i've played Rio Bravo, which is centred around the Repentance Rock formation, you start with the cattleman revolver, a shotgun and the tomahawk (which everybody was spamming with), there are no weapon or deadeye pickups on the map at all. The match was full (or very nearly) which I was surprised at. It's very chaotic, with no real camping points and mainly close combat fighting between the weaving rock alleyways. After that it was on to a hold your own match in Blackwater where you start with the semi-auto pistol (I was hoping to start with the HPP since I haven't golded it yet) and a springfield rifle, as you can expect the buildings offer a variety of camping/sniping options from above and also close combat fighting from below. With the opposing teams starting at diagonal opposite ends of the city, so it isn't just a run through the main street with the enemy bag. Next it was a TDM in Thieves' Landing where I got the majority of kills, not much to say except people on the enemy team enjoyed camping in the building to the south of the river as our team rushed across the bridge, leaving me to pick them off with deadeye from behind. It's dark and murky as it always is in the town, and you have to be aware of enemies spawning behind you and creeping up.

---interval---

*gasps for air*

Ok next it was a grab the bag at Manzanita Post, which is a moderately sized map focusing on the straight section of trail with opposing teams at either end and the post with all the weapon goodies situated in the middle, the tomahawk features here and again a few people were spamming it, although since you get a repeater to start with it wasn't favouring so well against my headshots. There are a couple of gattling guns near the middle and the bags sometimes spawn out in the woods, however, no bears or any other wildlife was seen. In the end we won about 4-1. Finally, to finish up it was a TDM in Fort Mercer, which was a mix of low-level skulking around with a shottie, or hiding on the upper levels with a repeater, there are no real safe havens up top though where you can really be sure you're not going to get blasted from behind, so staying in one place is unadvisable, and switching between weapons when going from exterior to interior really is necessary, although some noobs didn't realise this as they shot me with a repeater at point blank range as I levelled my shotgun in their direction. The next match was in Hennigan's Stead, but I didn't play that. Although it's such a large area which part of it is actually playable, I don't know.

As for the tomahawk itself most of the time I was hit with it it didn't kill. And I haven't really used it myself yet.
bOnEs
lol @ everyone playing as red harlow... i'm telling you, i want to play as buffalo soldier biggrin.gif... he's got the coolest outfit, an old civil war cavalry getup... and yea, the new locations sound nice and it's also nice to see that they separated the DLC people from the rest of the crowd, similar to the way they handled the co-op stuff...

so, i am guessing that each DLC will have it's own game map then... that's actually not a bad idea and it makes sense... i was afraid that it would be alienating others during matches but instead it's more like a quarantine laugh.gif...
DuPz0r
Sounds pretty cool from what you've said. I wanna play in Blackwater and Rio Bravo the most!
ViceMan
Hennigan's Stead is quite fun as it's so big and open most of the action takes place on horseback - Which I found quite unique. Didn't really like Escalera as it's too jumbled and has a lot of dead ends. I still haven't played Tall Trees or Sidewinder Gulch yet.

Apparently somebody unlocked the golden tomahawk 35 minutes after the pack was released, I don't know how the fuck they did that because you have to get 100 headshots with it, which I find nigh on impossible to do due to their trajectory. I've actually had one lodged in my head and it didn't kill me, I carried on running around with it stuck in my head for quite a while... in the game I mean. blush.gif
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Apparently somebody unlocked the golden tomahawk 35 minutes after the pack was released, I don't know how the fuck they did that because you have to get 100 headshots with it, which I find nigh on impossible to do due to their trajectory.

That's bullshit, them must have boosted it with a friend/group of friends.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 10 2010, 06:35 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 06:02 PM) *
Apparently somebody unlocked the golden tomahawk 35 minutes after the pack was released, I don't know how the fuck they did that because you have to get 100 headshots with it, which I find nigh on impossible to do due to their trajectory.

That's bullshit, them must have boosted it with a friend/group of friends.

That's what I thought, so far I haven't had one headshot with the tomahawk.
bOnEs
are you able to use tomahawks in the single player game?
PabloHoneyOle
I've got this queued up on the 360. I have been neglecting the purposeful multiplayer and just fucking around with freemode and lightly dabbling in the co-op.

Hopefully this will help me get more into the multiplayer aspect of the game.
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 10 2010, 09:14 PM) *

Yup.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 04:35 PM) *

Yup.

even from the beginning?? suweet... i am slowly warming up to the idea of purchasing this pack...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 10 2010, 09:51 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 04:35 PM) *

Yup.

even from the beginning?? suweet... i am slowly warming up to the idea of purchasing this pack...

I don't know about from the beginning but it is purchasable in shops, it's not that powerful so I don't see why they'd restrict it's use to later in the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.