Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR Downloadable Content
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Marney1
Savvy Merchant outfit makes you look like Sean Devlin from The Saboteur.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 5 2010, 01:17 PM) *
Savvy Merchant outfit makes you look like Sean Devlin from The Saboteur.

i was just playing that last night... i see the resemblance...
asthenia
Outfits are up on XBL worldwide. PSN later.
Massacre
Yeah. Thanks to five finger fillet and poker, I need to make $217 just so I can start to earn my $1000 for the merchant outfit (meaning I'm $217 in the red).

WHAT THE FUCK DOES GAMBLING HAVE TO DO WITH BEING A MERCHANT YOU FUCKING CUNTS?!
TreeFitty
^huh.gif

PSN North America should have it. Europe has to wait.
Massacre
You have have won $1000 from gambling to unlock the Savvy Merchant outfit. I believe I was quite clear on that point.
TreeFitty
Didn't know it had to be gambling winnings. SUCK IT.

<3
Massacre
Where the fuck do I find a goddamn jackalope?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 12 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Where the fuck do I find a goddamn jackalope?

down a few topics... http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=796607

/posts moved out of Undead topic
bOnEs
jesus crist, the poker outfit makes it so damn easy to win at poker, i can't believe your complaining about that... i'll check this out when i get home, i am kind of stoked to be finally getting these!!
Massacre
No, move them back. And tell me where the fucking jackalope is.
TreeFitty
http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=796607 <-click it. mad.gif
Massacre
Now post tits.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 12 2010, 03:31 PM) *
Now post tits.

Massacre
Yeah, there's no jackalope in the game. I have, however, gone insane and run up a very sizable bounty killing anything unfortunate enough to wander into the perimeter I'm searching in.

Never mind, I got it. Now I need to figure out why it's not acknowledging it when I blow up a cougar...
Massacre
Now that I've unlocked both outfits, it occurs to me that I have nothing to do.

*Waits for Undead Nightmare*
TreeFitty
lol that was quick
Massacre
Unlocking the outfits or getting tired of playing?

As far as unlocking, all I had to do was kill the jackalope and get the game to except one of my many explosive cougar slaughterings. Also, I had never been to the gunsmith in Thieve's Landing, apparently.
bOnEs
i wish the PSN store would hurry up and update... i wanna get cracking on writing up the guides for these... but, now i am contemplating going to the bar and worrying about it later tonight, or just waiting until tomorrow...

decisions decisions...
Massacre
Just drink by yourself while unlocking the outfits.
bOnEs
ok, i unlocked the hunter's outfit but, i am about $200 shy from gambling to unlock the merchant outfit...

i am not sure where you had trouble with the cougar dynamite challenge, that was actually the first one i did after i unlocked the stipulations... i rode out in search of the some jackalopes and instead, a cougar took down my horse so, i readied a stick of dynamite and used the dead-eye on 'em biggrin.gif...

i actually found some nice tips along the way that i'll put in the guide later this afternoon if work isn't too busy... otherwise it'll have to wait until tomorrow because there's a going away party for a friend tonight...
bOnEs
submitted an update to the guide, fitty biggrin.gif...
TreeFitty
done and tweeting
bOnEs
there's a twitter account?!

*checks*

cool... better post it to facebook too...

*checks if there is one*

cool...
Massacre
If you have the Gentleman's Attire, just save your game in Blackwater and go downstairs to the poker table. With the outfit on, you'll be able to enter the high stakes poker game. Just go all in, 8 times out of ten everyone will fold every hand. Sometimes another guy will go all in, and if you lose, just reload.

If you can't do high stakes poker, well, good luck with that.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 13 2010, 12:58 PM) *
If you have the Gentleman's Attire, just save your game in Blackwater and go downstairs to the poker table. With the outfit on, you'll be able to enter the high stakes poker game. Just go all in, 8 times out of ten everyone will fold every hand. Sometimes another guy will go all in, and if you lose, just reload.

If you can't do high stakes poker, well, good luck with that.

elegant suit at the poker table in the blackwater bar... that's the way to go because you can cheat... i didn't get it done last night because it was nearing bedtime and i had a long day ahead of me today... but, poker is easy in this game... well, easy for those who are good at no-limit hold 'em biggrin.gif...

but, you'll have to win all out a few times to get $1,000... liar's dice is another easy way to earn $$$$... that game is easy...
TreeFitty
I really enjoy liar's dice. Pretty fun. Just need people in real life to play with.

Let's start bugging Psy to make an online liar's dice game on here. biggrin.gif

edit2: yay 3000
Massacre
Liar's Dice would take forever to get $1000, though. I got out of debt and unlocked the outfit in 30 minutes.

But yeah, I really wish I had someone to play Liar's Dice with in real life.
TreeFitty
fyi Undead Nightmare Disc (all the big DLCs on one disc) comes out on November 23rd (US) and 26th (Europe). Was in the "U.N. is here" announcement from Rockstar, apparently.
TreeFitty
*bump*

Can anyone with the Liars and Cheats Pack confirm the XP given out for the gambling challenges? I have the list of ranks but can't seem to find the XP you get from each. Thanks.
ViceMan
I have it but I never got round to trying the online gambling. Or the horse races for that matter.
TreeFitty
What's the XP for the Rank 1s if it's given? It'll at least give me an idea and if you are able to get Rank 2 for one of them that might help. I can barely find sh*t on the Horse Race challenges and other DLC ones. Especially what categories they are under.

edit: Found some info from the online title list but it doesn't give XP. I'm assuming Horse Racing and Stronghold are under PVP.

The Red Dead Wiki is as far behind as we are. tongue.gif

sad.gif i madez a sad...
ViceMan
I'll take a looksie.

Right heeere we go;

Liars's Dice II - Rank 1 : Roll 3 or more of the same die values.
Reward: 50XP, New title.

Liar's Dice I - Rank 1: Roll two 1s.

Poker II - Rank 1: Win a hand with a flush.

Poker I - Rank 1: Win a hand with a bluff.

Racing - Kills - Rank 1: Kill someone while on horseback.

Racing - Don't Shoot! II - Rank 1: Finish Saint's Sprint without shooting a single bullet.

Racing - Don't Shoot! I - Rank 1: Finish L. Johnson's Run without shooting a single bullet.

Racing - Finish All 3 - Rank 1: Complete short, medium and long Grand Prix at least once.

Racing - Grand Prix - Rank 1: Accumulate 250 points in Grand Prix mode.

Racing - Top 3 - Rank 1: Place in top three 10 times in Grand Prix.
TreeFitty
Based on the weapons, I'll assume each rank increases by 50XP.

edit: although a step of 25 sounds more reasonable for the ones with 6 ranks...
Massacre
Meh, the only pre-order bonuses I wanted were the losing outfits from the Gamestop pre-order.
ViceMan
I don't think I actually used any of the preorder bonuses after the initial try, except for the golden cattleman revolver, but I couldn't really avoid it as it's the only gun you've got at the beginning of the game. The warhorse was nothing special and the deadeye outfit was, well... meh.
TreeFitty
Moar FREE Red Dead Redemption DLC coming soon. New multiplayer characters and maps for the basic modes.
TreeFitty
Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack coming September 13th

Maps/Modes(bolded locations are brand new to multiplayer)
  • Cochinay &ndash; Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout, Stronghold
  • Nekoti Rock &ndash; Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
  • El Presidio &ndash; Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
  • Plainview &ndash; Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
  • Gaptooth Mine &ndash; Shootout, Gang Shootout
  • Pike&rsquo;s Basin &ndash; Shootout, Gang Shootout
  • Perdido &ndash; Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
  • Benedict Point &ndash; Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
  • Beecher&rsquo;s Hope - Stronghold
  • Torquemada - Stronghold
  • Armadillo - Stronghold
  • Chuparosa - Stronghold
  • Rio Bravo - Shootout, Gang Shootout
  • Tumbleweed - Stronghold

New Multiplayer Characters
  • Landon Ricketts
  • Vicente DeSanta
  • Drew MacFarlane
  • Deputy Eli
  • Deputy Jonah
  • Javier Esquella
  • Nastas
  • Uncle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.