Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR Downloadable Content
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
TreeFitty
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 10 2010, 04:35 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 10 2010, 09:14 PM) *
are you able to use tomahawks in the single player game?

Yup.

Plus there's a trophy for completing the challenges:

Axe Master - Complete all Tomahawk challenges in Single Player.
ViceMan
Apparently I have been getting headshots with the tomahawk, but since it's a thrown weapon the game doesn't display it's usual message of "snagged a headshot off" it merely says "killed" or something similar. I have 5 headshots with it according to my stats.

And the tomahawk is available to buy in SP from Manzanita post, and the are quite a few challenges with it;

#1 is completed upon buying the tomahawk.
#2 involves killing one enemy on horseback, one in melee and one thrown.
#3 you have to kill a flying bird without using deadeye.
#4 kill 5 successive enemies without missing once (using deadeye helps)
#5 complete a gang hideout using only tomahawks (Tesoro Azul is easiest, and you can also do #4 at the same time, although #5 won't register as complete until you leave the hideout.)
Marney1
Haven't checked my emails for a while (or even been on the net for that matter) and I had an email from R*. It's a free code for the Legends & Killers download for XBox.........I don't have an XBox.
Massacre
Can I have it?
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 21 2010, 12:35 AM) *
Can I have it?

Of course, I'll PM you.

Try to let me know a.s.a.p if it worked because I probably won't be around for a few weeks. The withdrawal symptoms from not playing RDR for so long are killing me and I still haven't played online yet!!!!!!!!! I just don't have the time anymore and it pisses me off big time.
Massacre
Holy shit you actually did it. We are best friends.
bOnEs
you should tell R* that you don't own an xbox and they should give you TWO codes for the PS3, just for the trouble... then you can give me your spare one and we can be like peas and carrots again...
Massacre
That might have worked had the Xbox code not just been used. biggrin.gif
Marney1
Like I say, I haven't even played online yet so I've a lot of catching up with regards to the DLC's so it doesn't really bother me atm. I just wish R* would stop sending me shit I have no use for. wink.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 20 2010, 09:20 PM) *
That might have worked had the Xbox code not just been used. biggrin.gif

come on, they'll never know...

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Aug 20 2010, 09:24 PM) *
Like I say, I haven't even played online yet so I've a lot of catching up with regards to the DLC's so it doesn't really bother me atm. I just wish R* would stop sending me shit I have no use for. wink.gif

tell them you have a PS3, then just give me your codes... yea??... ??? wink.gif... or i guess you could do nothing, then just give massacre all the new codes... but, that wouldn't benefit me at all...
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 20 2010, 09:36 PM) *
or i guess you could do nothing, then just give massacre all the new codes... but, that wouldn't benefit me at all...

Works for me.

ohmy.gif I just got Manifest Destiny with my new Tomahawks.
Marney1
Me and my big mouth!
Massacre
Don't mind bOnEs, that rascal's always working an angle.
bOnEs
you know me too well...
bOnEs
liars and cheats DLC pack trailer...

TreeFitty
Should be available for download now. smile.gif
bOnEs
if only the network wasn't down right now, and i wasn't at work mad.gif... i plan on downloading it though tonight...
Marney1
R* sent me my free code earlier but yet again it's for an Xbox. This time though I replied explaining I have a PS3 and could I have a code for that instead.
Marney1
WOW that was quick:

RE: Red Dead Redemption Liars and Cheats Pack: Free Download CodeFrom:RSGNYC Webmaster <Webmaster@rockstargames.com>To:marney1@mail.comDate:Tue, Sep 21, 2010 11:25 pmHey Marney,Hope you're doing well. Not a problem at all - here's a PlayStation 3code for Liars and Cheats: TQRB-**** -63FECheers,Webmaster@R*

I love my friends at R*. wink.gif
TreeFitty
Now ebay the other one.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 22 2010, 12:32 AM) *
Now ebay the other one.

I'm gonna shuffle my deck of RDR playing cards (also sent free courtesy of R* wink.gif )and ask the forums' 360 owners to pick one. First to pick correctly will have themselves a free copy of 'Liars & Cunts'.

*shuffles cards*

OK, someone pick a card.

WTF? My PS3 code is 'invalid'. I feel cheated......and lied to! sad.gif
bOnEs
3 of hearts... and yes, i got cheated at the poker table on my first game... i thought i had the best hand but, i got beat and had to hear some chump tell me how good of a poker player he is... lol, the internet... i was planning on going all in no matter what i had and he thought he tricked me into it... lol, if only my headset was plugged in at the time...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 22 2010, 04:46 AM) *
3 of hearts... and yes, i got cheated at the poker table on my first game... i thought i had the best hand but, i got beat and had to hear some chump tell me how good of a poker player he is... lol, the internet... i was planning on going all in no matter what i had and he thought he tricked me into it... lol, if only my headset was plugged in at the time...

I don't even know how to play poker but I'm definitely going to learn because I'm missing out big time.

Also, no it wasn't the 3 of hearts.

Another Xbox owner needs to pick a card.......
TreeFitty
Merchant/Hunter coming in October
Landon Ricketts is in Undead Nightmare Pack

other Liars and Cheats asked & answered: http://www.ireddead.com/news/rockstar/190/...and-cheats-dlc/
Massacre
Landon is a zombie? Awesome.
TreeFitty
Don't think he's a zombie. Sounds like he'll be fighting them off.
Massacre
But... He's dead.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 28 2010, 01:04 AM) *
But... He's dead.

Yeah I think I read that in the Blackwater Ledger.
TreeFitty
Could be set prior to his death. Not saying anyone is right or wrong. We'll soon find out.
Massacre
I'm saying you're wrong! He's dead, and he's taken his rightful place as the King of Zombies.
TreeFitty
What if, it takes place after he helps Marston, then he fights zombies out in bumfuck mexico, and gets killed. Then becomes king of the zombies.

somehow the newspaper article gets done. R* can figure it out. smile.gif
Marney1
Landon Ricketts died in his sleep in 1914.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 27 2010, 08:15 PM) *

^
^
^

oh did your code ever work?
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 28 2010, 01:53 AM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 27 2010, 08:15 PM) *

^
^
^

oh did your code ever work?

No, I'm expecting another 'regional' code from R*. Apparently the PS3 codes can't be used 'anywhere' like the 360 ones. So I still have 2 'Liars & Cheats' codes which could work in the U.S.

Also - I've never liked zombie related games but the Undead Nightmare pack has me masturbating right now....

"The Undead Nightmare Pack also features brand new gameplay mechanics, weapons, zombie animals, mythical creatures and even a brand new secret location."
TreeFitty
start ebaying that shit.

Well if Ricketts is in it, then must be in an un-used area of Mexico.
Marney1
MAJOR SPOILER

Undead Nightmare Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn3A0Lnwn8s
TreeFitty
zomg itz soooo awwsum
Marney1
This is gonna be brilliant!

http://www.iRedDead.com/news/reddeadredemp...dead-nightmare/
Massacre
Fingers crossed for a single-player zombie skin. I know there's going to be several in multi.
Marney1
I wonder what the new gameplay mechanics will be? Hope it includes limbs falling off when you shoot them.
TreeFitty
Marshall Outfits coming October 1st: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...to-multiplayer/
TreeFitty
Undead Nightmare trailer: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...ailer-is-alive/
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 30 2010, 05:04 PM) *

I don't see anything, technical hitch @R*?
TreeFitty
I see it fine. mellow.gif Haven't we had this problem before with people not seeing the video embed?
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 30 2010, 05:16 PM) *
I see it fine. mellow.gif Haven't we had this problem before with people not seeing the video embed?

Hmm? I just see black screen at R* Newswire too.
TreeFitty
Cleared my temp files, and it loaded again just fine. Must be you. mad.gif
Massacre
Okay, I'm not joking here, I literally went to the bathroom and jerked off after watching this trailer.

The Legend of the West outfit w/ bandana, sawnoff shotgun, and tomahawks are going to be my official gear set throughout this DLC.
TreeFitty
Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack coming October 12th: http://www.ireddead.com/news/reddeadredemp...ck-in-one-week/
bOnEs
ohh hell yea!! biggrin.gif...
Massacre
I don't get why it took so long. They were already coded, did it really take all that time to come up with the challenges?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.