Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Dead Redemption Map
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
zeeshan810
Below is a Red Dead Redemption map I created. The map is huge when you combine the two major territories (Nuevo Paraiso & New Austin). Note: This map will be updated next week when the final territory releases next week. Check out the map in high-resolution.

Source: MyRockstarHQ
ViceMan
TreeFitty did the same thing in another topic. But I guess it's own topic is nice.
TreeFitty
made it right after they released the new area

mine's bigger. biggrin.gif I got to finish putting in the missing corners. started but got tied up with other stuff.
zeeshan810
I think the blank space around the two territories is going to be the next territory.
BAMF
Nice. Thanks scooter.gif
zeeshan810
QUOTE (BAMF @ May 4 2010, 08:32 PM) *
Nice. Thanks scooter.gif

thumbup.gif NP
TreeFitty
here we go...
Dugstar

A sense of scale perhaps.. Jumpy.gif
asthenia
QUOTE (Dugstar @ May 5 2010, 11:23 AM) *

A sense of scale perhaps.. Jumpy.gif

Fucking hell...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ May 5 2010, 01:00 AM) *
I think the blank space around the two territories is going to be the next territory.

No the final area is north of New Austin.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 5 2010, 11:35 AM) *
QUOTE (Zeeshan810MyRockstar @ May 5 2010, 01:00 AM) *

No the final area is north of New Austin.

north-east i presume... i see a little river up there that i'm sure is used to separate the territory...
Marney1
Maybe some borders could be guarded by unbeatable law enforcement until you progress far enough into the story?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 5 2010, 07:46 PM) *
Maybe some borders could be guarded by unbeatable bear until you progress far enough into the story?

seems more likely. So far there's just the river which Marston would drown in. So basically they're still using water to separate areas.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 6 2010, 06:06 AM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 5 2010, 07:46 PM) *
Maybe some borders could be guarded by unbeatable bear until you progress far enough into the story?

seems more likely. So far there's just the river which Marston would drown in. So basically they're still using water to separate areas.

But there are bridges and rafts to use. My guess is bridges will be shut down as in pretty much all GTAs and patrolled by the law, or they could blow the bridge up early in game as a reference to The Good the Bad and the Ugly. Rafts probably won't be enabled until you've unlocked the next area.
zeeshan810
TreeFitty
so much space to fill. figured West Elizabeth would've been all over the top area.
zeeshan810
Can you see the map?
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 12 2010, 05:03 PM) *
so much space to fill. figured West Elizabeth would've been all over the top area.

Agreed but its still gonna be amazing.
ConQueSteD
Wow, this game will be huge. If the scale is correct it'll take a while to cross.
asthenia
20 minutes on horseback, apparently. I'll look for the source...

"- Takes about 15-20 minutes to travel by horse from one side to the other on horsetrail."

Kotaku and Rockstar talk live from yesterday.

http://boards.ign.com/red_dead_redemption/...91945729/p1/?63

Il BLaZe l1
glad the map is huge. i like to explore from time to time, and the size of this map will give me plenty of space to wander around.
ViceMan
I think there were a few places in SA that I never really explored, maybe just wandered through. And this is about twice the size.
JamieMilne
the thing im worried about is that it took me ages to explore SA in a car, now RDR is twice the size and its on a horse lol. and when i crashed my car anything happened to it in SA i was stuck running or walking for ages lol sad.gif , but i suppose that features sorted now with setting up camp and fast travel ? i just hope you can fast travel to a waypoint and not just specific locations set out.
zeeshan810
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ May 13 2010, 10:17 AM) *
the thing im worried about is that it took me ages to explore SA in a car, now RDR is twice the size and its on a horse lol. and when i crashed my car anything happened to it in SA i was stuck running or walking for ages lol sad.gif , but i suppose that features sorted now with setting up camp and fast travel ? i just hope you can fast travel to a waypoint and not just specific locations set out.

There are wild horses. thumbup.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (zeeshan810 @ May 13 2010, 03:38 PM) *

Yeah, i'm sure I read something about if you're without a horse for a certain amout of time, it'll increase your chances of finding a wild pack roaming around. Or something to that effect.
asthenia
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 13 2010, 03:40 PM) *
QUOTE (zeeshan810 @ May 13 2010, 03:38 PM) *

Yeah, i'm sure I read something about if you're without a horse for a certain amout of time, it'll increase your chances of finding a wild pack roaming around. Or something to that effect.

If the player loses their horse the game will provide a chance to acquire a new one within 5 minutes, you're never supposed to be alone too long, unless you'd like to be.
TreeFitty
Finally got a little time to color in all that extra space:

Was gonna add artwork around the website but decided not to. Didn't bother fixing the lower-left river portion with the official map is floating around. Keeping it a fan map. tongue.gif
BAMF
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 15 2010, 02:09 AM) *
Finally got a little time to color in all that extra space:

Was gonna add artwork around the website but decided not to. Didn't bother fixing the lower-left river portion with the official map is floating around. Keeping it a fan map. tongue.gif

notworthy.gif

It's beautiful! I'm just itching to get out of Liberty City and spend some quality time out in the country! cool.gif
bOnEs
here's something that hasn't been discussed yet about the map... since we're not dealing with block after block of buildings and stores, do you think it's possible that ALL buildings in RDR are enterable?? i heard you can rob people so, i would think all buildings would be open for business... does anyone know?
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 16 2010, 09:41 AM) *
here's something that hasn't been discussed yet about the map... since we're not dealing with block after block of buildings and stores, do you think it's possible that ALL buildings in RDR are enterable?? i heard you can rob people so, i would think all buildings would be open for business... does anyone know?

From what I saw, you can enter all the buildings =)
asthenia
Yep, it's been stated you can.
Indy
That's awesome. Makes the whole experience so much better.
asthenia
Yep. Oblivion style robbing in a much more realistic setting. Booya.
DiO
Traveling takes a long time fer sho. Gonna get used to using the stage coach taxi and skip my journeys.
coreyko_2003
^ Speaking of travel, the train takes FOREVER to ride from Armadillo to MacFarlene Ranch........I think I got there quicker on horseback xD
asthenia
Early steam train's ftw!
SirPsychoSexy
Just wondering, does anyone know how big the map is? San Andreas was like, what, 10 square miles? How much bigger is the RDR map?
Indy
I remember someone saying it was twice as big as SA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.