Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about a first person GTA?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA V > GTA 5
DuffMan
Just been watching a video of the FPS mod for the PC version of GTA IV:

Couple of pics:

I think the first person view works quite well. Carjackings look much better up close and personal and the interior views of the cars aren't exactly terrible, even with the lack of detailing on the dashboard. Gunfights look awkward but you could have a third person view in cover (like Rainbow Six) to improve that.

Of course, I'd advocate that you always have the option of going into third person mode at any time, but I reckon it would be worthwhile spending time on a first person camera as well. I think it immerses you into the world far better than the chasing camera view.

Thoughts?
TreeFitty
I liked that mod aswell but more for the driving since I usually use the "1st person" view. Especially in big trucks.

I think they'll stick to 3rd person shooting. No exact reasons, just the GTA style I guess.
ViceMan
Nah, I hate FPS, which is one of the reasons why I liked GTA.
River
I like the idea a lot of it being a view choice, but not the only view.
ConQueSteD
I say no i get tired of seeing almost nothing but fps games. We need more tps games.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 2 2010, 03:06 PM) *
Nah, I hate FPS, which is one of the reasons why I liked GTA.

qft
Marney1
I'd be into the fist person view while driving.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ May 3 2010, 04:39 PM) *

You fist people while driving?
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 3 2010, 06:13 PM) *

Oops lol! laugh.gif That too.
DuffMan
I just realised, the first person view reminds me of Postal. Maybe that's why I thought it was a good idea.

Hey guys, in GTA V we should be able to piss in random people's mouths.
JPL
I think it would be nice as an option, but overall I don't know how well it would work. Rockstar develops their main characters too much for it to be a first person. Most of the time in FPS's the main character never speaks, much like claude in III. You essentially become the character. It'd be very strange for cutscenes too, how would they approach it? First Person cutscene or third?
Massacre
QUOTE (DuffMan @ May 3 2010, 02:33 PM) *
I just realised, the first person view reminds me of Postal. Maybe that's why I thought it was a good idea.

Hey guys, in GTA V we should be able to piss in random people's mouths.

A golden shower minigame would be great for a DS GTA. Or console versions once Natal and Playstation Move come out.
Qdeathstar
wouldn't mind the option....

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 2 2010, 06:30 PM) *
I liked that mod aswell but more for the driving since I usually use the "1st person" view. Especially in big trucks.

I think they'll stick to 3rd person shooting. No exact reasons, just the GTA style I guess.
demon
I do like first person games, but I do not want GTA to be 1st person. I like the GTA 3rd person style and it gives you a good overview of things around you.

QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 3 2010, 07:13 PM) *

LOL, good one. Call it a 'fistby'? laugh.gif

TreeFitty
*roadfist
ENVi3
i think for GTA I prefer the third person ... it's just the way it's always been, and I really don't see why it needs to be in 1st person format.
When I came into this topic I thought it might be OK, but after watching the video I know I would prefer the 3rd person.
demon
There hasn't been many 2nd and 4th person games...
TreeFitty
QUOTE (demon @ May 10 2010, 04:59 PM) *

watching from a pedestrian's point of view and watching your friend play the game aren't very fun.
demon
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ May 11 2010, 03:29 AM) *
QUOTE (demon @ May 10 2010, 04:59 PM) *

watching from a pedestrian's point of view and watching your friend play the game aren't very fun.

It could be very fun if marijuana was legal and bundled with the game.

lol at the time of posting I was unsure what 2nd person would be like.
calimann83
It might make a good option, but I dont think it should replace 3rd person as the main way to play. maybe you could enable 1st person in the game options.
Assassin
QUOTE (calimann83 @ May 17 2010, 05:38 AM) *
It might make a good option, but I dont think it should replace 3rd person as the main way to play. maybe you could enable 1st person in the game options.

I agree completely, it would be nice as an option but it should have the option to switch and cutscenes would go into 3rd automatically.
i dont think i'd mind a first person. as long it was an option. but think on this: what would having a hooker look like? HA!
Massacre
It would look awkward and there would be lots of clipping.
DuffMan
QUOTE (gamingismylife @ Jul 16 2010, 06:44 PM) *
i dont think i'd mind a first person. as long it was an option. but think on this: what would having a hooker look like? HA!

Well I doubt we'd be seeing any close up nipple slippage... sad.gif
bOnEs
nah, that video looked BAD... this would be a horrible idea...
DuPz0r
I might try the mod, but only with some high quality weapon replacements as those things look horrid up close. I prefer GTA in 3rd person, but it's still nice to see it played in a different way. I think i might spend more time looking around at the surroundings rather then just the character and roads which i tend to do the most whilst playing GTA normally.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.