Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody else read alot of King?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
asthenia
I've got this real pang to play as Roland. Ofcourse, you'd never get to the tower, but I can't wait to RP some Dark Tower shit on this game.
Massacre
I've thumbed through a few issues of the Dark Tower comic, but I doubt I can carry on much of a conversation about it...
angeal18
I saw The Stand, Does that count?
Ive never read the Dark Tower book but I know Randell Flag is in both.
asthenia
Flagg's a slag. There's alot of cross-overs, The Dark Tower is hard to get into but man is it worth it.
angeal18
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 1 2010, 04:44 PM) *
Flagg's a slag. There's alot of cross-overs, The Dark Tower is hard to get into but man is it worth it.

I wish there was a movie adaptation of it, I never got a chance to read the books.
PabloHoneyOle
Hey amateurs, why is this in the Red Dead Redemption section?
ViceMan
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Apr 29 2010, 10:16 AM) *
...but I can't wait to RP some Dark Tower shit on this game.

Because of this I think, not that it links it to the game itself in any way.
asthenia
Kinda turned into more of a TDT topic than a RP'ing TDT in Red Dead... sleep.gif
Kuwong
I was gunna say I didn't see the link, you silly person you.
asthenia
Well y'know, maybe I should just take this to IGN, I've seen people talking about it over there. You whores!
Chicago51
The Man in Black fled across the desert and the Gunslinger Followed.....

Excellent series. Although your RP idea wold be a little difficult unless ya set it as a prequel. No Jake, and good luck finding a black legless woman...

Actually Armadillo reminded me of Tull the fist time i saw it. The layout's almost identical. Especially with the chapel set a little way away.
asthenia
Yeah that's the only way it'd be possible. I bet with some skilled hogtying and positioning I could have a crack at a black legless woman... Hahaha!

I haven't gotten bored enough to try any RP yet... I usually do after finishing the game though. Roland's world is too different for it to be convincing anyway I think. The "feel" of it... I'm sure you probably understand what I mean. Though I agree on Tull/Armadillo. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some small links to it, the Dark Tower seems to be getting a bit more attention these days... Still sickeningly under rated though. laugh.gif
Chicago51
Still the prequel idea's still doable. Maybe a little machinima. Actually some red dead machinma would be cool. Dark Tower or otherwise.
asthenia
Yeah it would, definitely. I find it always works better on PC versions of games though, camera hacks, etc...
Heartless
Funny story; I learned to read as a child from my sisters collection of Stephen King novels. Tommyknockers is still my favorite.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.