Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaun of the dead
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Spoiler
this British humor thing suits me just fine. i actually laugh out a few times. when the fat guy answering his cell while they are surrounded by zombies and said "i can't talk right now. i am in the middle of something... blah blah..".
ConQueSteD
I found it to be one of the better zombie movies.
TreeFitty
I liked this movie. Anytime it's on I'll watch it.
DuPz0r
Classic, and best Zombie film ever! i watch it before bed at least once a fortnight!
Pieface
Hot Fuzz > Shaun of the Dead. Although you have to be more British to understand Hot Fuzz.
DuPz0r
Hot Fuzz was great too. But for me, Shaun of the Dead owned it.
TheAnalogKid2112
Shaun of the Dead owns any zombie movie. Fucking classic. The jukebox scene with the Queen song was to fucking funny. That movie has a memorable joke every 10 seconds.
DiO
I wouldn't call it a "zombie movie" cause it is a comedy. I mean, its just so far different from a movie like 28 weeks later. Apples and oranges. That being said, it is a fucking great movie for sure. British comedy's are always a refreshing change.
Massacre
Not a zombie movie? But, it's a movie... With zombies.
Spoiler
it's a zombie comedy movie. i like Hot Fuzz too and i could relate to it quite well how fuck up some societies are.
DuPz0r
If you guys loved shaun of the dead and hot fuzz, try watching Spaced season 1&2. Most of you British on here would most likley have seen it, but if you havent, then do. This was the early stages of shaun of the dead in terms of idea's.
Spoiler
what do we do with the baby?
Pieface
I found Spaced alright, didn't go out of my way to watch it though, but would watch it if I was skipping through the channels and it was on.
DiO
QUOTE (Massacre @ Apr 17 2010, 09:29 PM) *
Not a zombie movie? But, it's a movie... With zombies.

Yah but saying best zombie movie compares it to other horror zombie movies. That's all im saying.

Massacre
Well, no, it's not the best zombie movie, but it's a zombie movie nonetheless.
Handsome B Wonderful
It's a completly new genre: Zomedy.

See what i did there?

But yeah, it's pretty damn awesome, although i prefer Hot Fuzz.
Hardcore Ottoman
I loved Hot Fuzz.
Weasel
Diffentitly.
1) Shawn of the Dead.
2) Hot Fuzz.
3) St. Trinian. (All the St. Trinians.)
DuPz0r
Anyone heard of The Worlds End. It is the next film in Simon Pegg's and Nick Frost's Blood & Ice cream trilogy, also known as the three-flavour Cornetto trilogy.

Also; "What is... Paul" looks interesting.

TheAnalogKid2112
Nick Frost looks so awful in that youtube screen
Hardcore Ottoman
That second video had me cracking...
Kuwong
Pieface doesn't like Spaced or Shaun of the Dead? Not a real fan of true British Humour then.

Spaced and Shaun of the Dead were the best, Hot Fuzz was great, but not as great as Spaced/Shaun, given they almost seemed to be trying a bit harder than usual to be funny.
Pieface
Go on Kuwong, state where I said that.
Kuwong
nah I'm good.
Pieface
Just because you can't.. Cos you're making up crap.
Hardcore Ottoman
Making up crap is easy, we do it in our sleep XD.png
Bain
I usually hate British humor but Shaun of the Dead was the shit. There is no set line for anything.
Zacko
Shaun of the Dead is fucking fantastic as is Hot Fuzz, quite excited for Edgar Wrights Scott Pilgrim film - his directing style is great and should suit the material.

Also eager to see what The Worlds End is going to be like, quite a lot of people are mistaking Paul for the final film in the trilogy (not sure how) so hopefully we get some details sooner rather than later. Wright is I assume, still attached to the Ant Man film though so he might do that first depending on how eager Marvel are to get the film made.
Massacre
I'm hoping Marvel will forget about the Ant-Man film. I don't think the character can carry his own movie.
Zacko
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 15 2010, 03:16 AM) *
I'm hoping Marvel will forget about the Ant-Man film. I don't think the character can carry his own movie.

The only way I can realistically see it working as a standalone is if they introduce him in the Avengers movie first and hope he's a success with the general public. That or get Robert fucking Pattinson to play him so that 14 year old girls line up to finger themselves in the cinema at the sight of his greasy hair.

Either way, we ALL win if that happens. ph34r.gif
Massacre
If they wanted Ant-Man, they should've had cameos in Hulk, Iron Man 1/2, etc. leading up to the Avengers, where he becomes Ant Man to help the Avengers after creating Ultron.

I just made the assumption that you knew about Ultron. I know nothing about you.
Zacko
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 15 2010, 03:25 AM) *
If they wanted Ant-Man, they should've had cameos in Hulk, Iron Man 1/2, etc. leading up to the Avengers, where he becomes Ant Man to help the Avengers after creating Ultron.

I just made the assumption that you knew about Ultron. I know nothing about you.

I wish this was how they'd done it to be honest, especially after the success of Iron Man which seemed to be the catalyst for Marvel properly getting their act together film wise. It's a shame Fox still has the rights to Spider-Man, Fantastic Four etc etc because it would have been awesome to have all the characters properly used.
Massacre
I'm fine with them letting the FF franchise die, as I never really liked them in the first place. Spider-Man, on the other hand, deserves better than Fox, even the reboot doesn't instill much faith. I'll never see a proper Venom or see Steve Buscemi as Carnage.
Jáger
Shaun of the Dead was an awesome film, and set a benchmark for parody films everywhere. It was nearly bested by Hot Fuzz, but it managed to be that little bit funnier than it's successor. I can't wait for Wrights/Peggs next film, apparently it's heading down the 'apocalyptic Earth' route and a parody of that can only be a good thing, amirite?
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Jaeger @ Aug 2 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Shaun of the Dead was an awesome film, and set a benchmark for parody films everywhere. It was nearly bested by Hot Fuzz, but it managed to be that little bit funnier than it's successor. I can't wait for Wrights/Peggs next film, apparently it's heading down the 'apocalyptic Earth' route and a parody of that can only be a good thing, amirite?

That sounds awesome. An apocalypse parody by them will be HILARIOUS!
DuPz0r

Lol, sorry it relates to Shaun of the dead....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.