Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Buy
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
trathen93
ok now that ive got the attention of both the UK and US users I'd like to post something interesting.

Info from: Best Buy builds UK interest online ahead of retail launch

UK electronics retailers have been keeping a keen eye on the arrival of leading US multichannel retailer Best Buy. So there’ll have been keen interest in this week’s news that the retailer is to start trading from the UK in May.

It’s interesting that a company known for its Geek Squad of well-educated store assistants should make its UK debut trading in bricks and mortar only, for the moment at least. Best Buy announced this week that stores will open in Thurrock in May, followed by stores in Southampton and the West Midlands in June. A Croydon store will follow in the autumn, while there’s also been an announcement of a new distribution centre contract signed with Wincanton.

I had no idea this was happening, they have a good name and Im hoping that it causes big changes in the UK electronics market. the customer services of pc world, currys, dixons and personally for me, comet, are poor and this might force them to buck up their ideas.

oh and it doesnt mention on there that theres a store opening in aintree aswell.
Heartless
Best Buy is pretty shit, tbh. The geek squads are a bunch of tards; you can do anything they can do yourself.
TreeFitty
^Pretty much that. Although the stores look nice... There are some helpful people but it's like any other store; some help, some are stupid.
trathen93
dont think you have experienced comet and pc world in the UK.

comet dont have tech guys, the time I had a problem with the fan on the laptop the tard on the desk thought it was the speaker, I had to argue with him ffs, even though I know much more bout PC's.

and pc world do have tech guys but all they say is, we'd have to send it back to manufacturer, useless. its the whole reason I'm so happy with the best buy expansion, all of the board members at comet shit themselves at their poor customer service
TreeFitty
Could be more of a people thing, though. Maybe tards are the ones who get those types of jobs over there. tongue.gif
Heartless
It's true. Best Buy around here always has a bunch of nasty ass black stereotypes. All they are is weave and ugly and have their cellphones permanently screwed into their heads. Ask for anything and it's a grunt and shrug, and don't bother asking for management; they may as well be related.
trathen93
QUOTE (Rick Astley @ Apr 15 2010, 02:12 AM) *
It's true. Best Buy around here always has a bunch of nasty ass black stereotypes. All they are is weave and ugly and have their cellphones permanently screwed into their heads. Ask for anything and it's a grunt and shrug, and don't bother asking for management; they may as well be related.

we dont have too many of them round here.

1. the black stereotype typically applies to the US.

2. the area in which I live has one of the lowest ethnic minority representations in the UK, i believe that about 2% isnt white.

I can only imagine who they will employ

Pieface
You'd think PC world would hire people who have knowledge off computers, but nowhere on their application form does it say anything about your knowledge, it's all crap on how well you work with a team.
Qdeathstar
my best buy is fulled of nice white people, except the scary black person at the front door whose responsible for checking reciepts and putting the "PAID" stickers on your boxes.
Heartless
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Apr 22 2010, 08:05 AM) *
my best buy is fulled of nice white people, except the scary black person at the front door whose responsible for checking reciepts and putting the "PAID" stickers on your boxes.

But VA Beach is such a shithole. Come to think of it, most of VA is a shithole. You my friend have found the magical Best Buy that fulfills your hopes and dreams. You get a Best Buy Mobile yet?
ViceMan
Got one of these opening up near me at Lakeside, I doubt i'll check it out. Seen a lot of advertising on the backs of buses for it though.
CougarGamer
Best Buy is OK, a bit too expensive for my taste.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Rick Astley @ Apr 22 2010, 01:14 PM) *
But VA Beach is such a shithole. Come to think of it, most of VA is a shithole. You my friend have found the magical Best Buy that fulfills your hopes and dreams. You get a Best Buy Mobile yet?

Don't hate. I fucking love VB. I love VA too.

Btw, my Best Buy has a pretty heterogeneous mix of people and basically I find all of them to be incompetent. They all blow chunks.
Massacre
Yeah, I have to buy a new motherboard because they set my PC's warranty for the monitor instead. I'm doing it myself becasue they wanted $784 to fix my $839 PC.
Qdeathstar
if your PC is more than 6mo old you might have just as well bought a new one.
Massacre
I'm going to hang onto this one until it's dead for good and just build my own after that. Never actually buying a PC again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.