Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Version Are You Getting?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2
Psy
Pretty simple, just reply to the topic giving the version of the game you're going to be getting, and whether you're going to be playing it online.

Me personally, I'm not sure. I want to get it on PS3 so I can play with some friends, but I might get it on 360 as well so I can capture videos/images for the websites.

So probably both, and yeah I'll be playing it online.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I'm still debating whether I'm getting it or not...
Psy
How can there even be a debate? It's aweeeeeeeeeeeesome!
ViceMan
Special Edition, probably the only one i'll ever buy.

Fanboy's judgement is severly warped. I mean, he likes Armoured Core for a start.
Psy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 14 2010, 03:42 PM) *
Special Edition, probably the only one i'll ever buy.

Fanboy's judgement is severly warped. I mean, he likes Armoured Core for a start.

For the PS3 I presume?
ViceMan
Of course.
Hardcore Ottoman
PS3, once I have funds that is.
trathen93
PS3. Still debating on whether the limited edition is worth getting, steeper price and all. suppose its all dependant on how much money ive got, 35 is more attractive than 50 and especially when the decision can affect the following friday night . haha
bOnEs
PS3 of course... and yes, i plan on playing online since there seems to be a posse-like system that encourages online gangs... this could be the online mode that GTAIV was missing...
Psy
I'll deffo be getting it on PS3 then, seeing as you all are. The posse system is pretty cool and I'll definitely be playing online, so if we can find some active people, it should be pretty good having 8 of us in a posse at all times.
PabloHoneyOle
Shit. I'm getting it on 360, well because I don't have a PS3. I'll be online, making NEW friends.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 14 2010, 07:05 PM) *
Shit. I'm getting it on 360, well because I don't have a PS3. I'll be online, making NEW friends.

Stoic, don't go! I love you! We can work it out, whatever i've said, whatever's the problem, i'm sorry.
Psy
I'll need to get it on 360 as well because I can't capture screens/videos from the PS3 thanks to Sony's stupid HDMI encryption so there's still hope for you to play with me Stoic wink.gif
ViceMan
Just a note, shouldn't the GTA subforum be above the RDR one?
Psy
Nah, Red Dead is going to generate the most interest in the next few months I reckon, so it's worth being a bit higher up the list.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 14 2010, 02:15 PM) *
I'll need to get it on 360 as well because I can't capture screens/videos from the PS3 thanks to Sony's stupid HDMI encryption so there's still hope for you to play with me Stoic wink.gif

Hooray!

I'll send you a friend request again.
DuPz0r
Probs the PS3-SE if i can afford it.
ConQueSteD
Probably the 360-SE, it all depends on how much money i can get between now and then.
Psy
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 14 2010, 06:48 PM) *

Hooray!

I'm not gonna be on for awhile. I need to purchase my gold account again and probably buy a new mic that works seeing as my amp has been squashing my headset for the last year or something and there's no way it'll work. I need a USB mic for the PS3 as well actually...
GLC
I'll be getting it for PS3, whether that's going to be SE or not I haven't decided..
ViceMan
QUOTE (GLC @ Apr 14 2010, 08:49 PM) *
I'll be getting it for PS3, whether that's going to be SE or not I haven't decided..

Cheapskate, show your love of RDR.
GLC
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 14 2010, 08:58 PM) *
QUOTE (GLC @ Apr 14 2010, 08:49 PM) *

Cheapskate, show your love of RDR.

Hmm....nah..
PabloHoneyOle
What's the SE got?

Probably not going to get it because of the feelings of buyer's remorse I always get with SE.
TreeFitty
The Station of Play #3
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 14 2010, 09:18 PM) *
What's the SE got?

Probably not going to get it because of the feelings of buyer's remorse I always get with SE.

The war horse, the deadly assassin outfit and the golden guns, plus the soundtrack and probably some other stuff too. Actually i've been looking round various sites and can't seem to find any mention of an American release of it. Which is very strange, cause if we get something then the US is certain to get it.

I don't usually buy special editions either, but this one will be the exception.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 14 2010, 08:33 PM) *
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 14 2010, 06:48 PM) *

Hooray!

I'm not gonna be on for awhile. I need to purchase my gold account again and probably buy a new mic that works seeing as my amp has been squashing my headset for the last year or something and there's no way it'll work. I need a USB mic for the PS3 as well actually...

You can reply to my spam on there.

I thought about PC, but I haven't touched PC games in ages. My PS3 is now someone elses, so its xbox.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 14 2010, 09:18 PM) *
What's the SE got?

we get no special edition... i suggest pre-ordering from gamestop, stoic... you get an assassin suit, the soundtrack, and "exclusive" challenges... the latter i have no clue about and even the gamestop store manager has no clue... i saw it on the posters when i picked up the episodes...
ThomasH
Okay I didn't post this before?

Well.

Xbox 360 - Normal
Playstation 3 - Normal

Playstation 3 - Special
Xbox 360 - Special.

I know...

Yeah I know..
ViceMan
QUOTE (ThomasH @ Apr 14 2010, 11:48 PM) *

Well.

Xbox 360 - Normal
Playstation 3 - Normal

Playstation 3 - Special
Xbox 360 - Special.

I know...

Yeah I know..

I don't know... confused1.gif

And it's only for us Europe-icans, Americ-eans aren't getting it apparently.
Marney1
PS3 Limited Edition.
ThomasH
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 15 2010, 09:44 AM) *
QUOTE (ThomasH @ Apr 14 2010, 11:48 PM) *

Well.

Xbox 360 - Normal
Playstation 3 - Normal

Playstation 3 - Special
Xbox 360 - Special.

I know...

Yeah I know..

I don't know... confused1.gif

And it's only for us Europe-icans, Americ-eans aren't getting it apparently.
What I mean: It's a insane amount of money because I'm getting al versions. wink.gif
Psy
Why are you getting all 4 versions? Surely just one version for each console is enough? o_O

Having said that, I'll be getting the Xbox 360 version once and the PS3 version twice, once for my mum and once for me tongue.gif
DiO
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 15 2010, 06:08 AM) *
Why are you getting all 4 versions? Surely just one version for each console is enough? o_O

Having said that, I'll be getting the Xbox 360 version once and the PS3 version twice, once for my mum and once for me tongue.gif

Aww, Psy wubs his mommy. I say we all play RDR with Psy mom.

edit

sorry...mum*
Psy
Hah, dunno if she'll want to play it online. Only thing she's ever played online was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault but we'll see. She likes games like tomb raider or uncharted so Red Dead is a bit of a change but she likes the look of it smile.gif
DiO
Lol, nice. Probably cause its a western. Fan of the ole western movies?
I can't even imagine my mom playing a video game. My dad dabbles a little bit. Not as much as he used too. I guess the current-gen games are too intense.
Psy
Total opposite way around for me. My dad has never touched a game and barely knew how to send emails until a few years ago. My mum has always been into technology. She got me into gaming with Doom 95 and stuff back in the day. She's got a Wii and a PS3, along with a PS2 and there's a Sega Mega Drive kicking around somewhere too. I don't think she's particularly a fan of westerns or anything though, probably just likes the landscape and the horsies.
Roenik
I'm on the 360 as well...add me and we'll go hunt.
TreeFitty
Doom makes me nostalgia all in my pants.
Jeff Threat
360 of course. I will need a few new peeps to play with
DiO
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 15 2010, 08:28 AM) *
Total opposite way around for me. My dad has never touched a game and barely knew how to send emails until a few years ago. My mum has always been into technology. She got me into gaming with Doom 95 and stuff back in the day. She's got a Wii and a PS3, along with a PS2 and there's a Sega Mega Drive kicking around somewhere too. I don't think she's particularly a fan of westerns or anything though, probably just likes the landscape and the horsies.

Dam eh. Playing games with my mom would be a trip. I wouldn't say all the fucked up things (over the mic) I do when I play.
Kamahl
PS3, ill definately try the only mode but i doubt ill play it much... im not playing online very often now...
asthenia
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 15 2010, 01:28 PM) *

Your mum sounds hot.

I'm getting PS3 standard. Unless I can find games to trade in.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Apr 19 2010, 05:23 AM) *
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 15 2010, 01:28 PM) *

Your mum sounds hot for a British person.

Fix'd.
coreyko_2003
I'm lookin to get the PS3 version of it.
zeeshan810
QUOTE (Psy @ Apr 14 2010, 11:27 AM) *
Me personally, I'm not sure. I want to get it on PS3 so I can play with some friends,

Finally Psy. tongue.gif can't wait
trathen93
Just to let anyone know, the Limited edition is 42.85 on ps3 and xbox 360 at shopto.

Red Dead Redemption 42.85 @ Shopto.net

I'd be quick though, they never have many copies in stock, no matter how big of a game it is.
ViceMan
Already preordered but i'm not bothered about saving a measly tenner. (Actually only paid 49.99 for it.)
The Awesome One
Just pre ordered the Limited Edition. Cannot wait.
GTA_SA
Depends on if there could be some flaws on either one.
ViceMan
QUOTE (GTA_SA @ May 2 2010, 02:28 PM) *
Depends on if there could be some flaws on either one.

That's a bit vague, I think every game has it's flaws, however little they may be. Of course we're not really going to know until its released and we actually get to play it. I doubt there'll be anything catastrophically wrong with it, R* know what they're doing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.