Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Men Who Stare at Goats
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Spoiler
i watched it the other day and was it supposed to be funny? it just annoyed the hell out of me and i wished i didn't watch it.
ConQueSteD
I saw it with some friends and it bored the shit out of me. The only good part i found was the ending, the rest was just horrible comedy.
Spoiler
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Apr 13 2010, 08:12 PM) *
I saw it with some friends and it bored the shit out of me. The only good part i found was the ending, the rest was just horrible comedy.

agree. what's with the whole army base gone high on dope. nuhhh.. even Eddie Murphy is funnier than this, i hate Eddie Murphy.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Spoiler @ Apr 14 2010, 08:50 AM) *
QUOTE (ConQueSteD @ Apr 13 2010, 08:12 PM) *

agree. what's with the whole army base gone high on dope. nuhhh.. even Eddie Murphy is funnier than this, i hate Eddie Murphy.

That sounds awesome.
ConQueSteD
I guess they were all fucked up on LSD and then placed it in the water supply and they had powered eggs which required water, Either way i would recommend if you want to see this movie you watch it off the internet and not pay to see it.
PabloHoneyOle
Eh, I heard it was completely NOT FUNNY and had no desire to see it.

Still don't and won't.
bOnEs
you guys have no sense of humor... i thought it was one of the better comedies of '09... maybe it was too "high" brow or some shit for you guys... i found it to be hilarious...
Spoiler
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 14 2010, 09:33 PM) *
you guys have no sense of humor... i thought it was one of the better comedies of '09... maybe it was too "high" brow or some shit for you guys... i found it to be hilarious...

dude, how could it be high brow since it tries to be Naked Gun and failed.
bOnEs
i didn't see any naked gun in it, maybe that's why it failed to you... this was no slapstick comedy, it was light humor on a very "true" story... and jeff bridges was like, the big lebowski 20 years later, lol laugh.gif...
Spoiler
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 15 2010, 03:38 PM) *
i didn't see any naked gun in it, maybe that's why it failed to you... this was no slapstick comedy, it was light humor on a very "true" story... and jeff bridges was like, the big lebowski 20 years later, lol laugh.gif...

yeah, the film says in the beginning "more of truth to this than you would imagine". any prove that you come across? it's not funny but kinda fuck up if it's true.
bOnEs
it really was a government/military funded research project... it's in the records... they thought they really could create a non-violent warrior who could kill without violence... i am not sure how much of the movie was actually true but, i bet a lot of it was...
DiO
I found it funny. Not side-splitting but I certainly wasn't bored.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.