Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has a Twitter?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Geek Central
DuffMan
Just wondering who has one of these and actually uses it. I only have a couple of IRL friends on mine and only post something when I'm totally bored, but I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile getting a few people here on it. If they use one, that is.
Sharpie Fetish
I have one. Its good for the tech people i follow. I have one guy added on facebook too but so many posts are shown his get drowned in a sea of joined groups. On twitter you dont get joining groups and shit so its good for that
ThePaleOgre
I do and I use it often.
I think it is much better than the other social networks because of how minimal it is. It isnt bogged down by apps and groups and all the other shit that myspace/facebook have.

twitter.com/paleogre
zeeshan810
My website twitter

Personal twitter
Pecnut
Personally I prefer using the integrated feature in Facebook, since the people I want to hear it are all on there.

Much like any other social networking site, I guess it depends what your friends have. Although I pop in every now and then to see some celebrity tweeeeeters.
ENVi3
i have a twitter, but i don't use it to connect with friends. I use Facebook for that.
I basically use twitter to follow things i am interested in. For example, Playstation, Battlefield, South Park, etc ... it's just an easy way to stay connected and you know what things are coming up like new DLC, new episodes, concert dates, etc.
FreemanXtreme
@FreemanXtreme

I don't tweet too often but feel free to follow me.
demon
I don't have it and frankly I don't see how it could be useful to me.
Pieface
Added Duffman and Freeman to my twitter! Add me if you want

https://twitter.com/dominicpybus
DuPz0r
I have it, but don't really use it tbh. I prefer Facebook. I only really use it to communicate with big corporation, like playstation and Rockstar Games if i have problems.
http://twitter.com/BushkaUK
asthenia
@astheniarocks ... I mostly just post through from Tumblr though...
ctlfreak
yea i just added one per someones constant nagging twitter.com/ctlfreak
Qdeathstar
I think that social networking sites are nothing but trouble.. plus i don't really imagine there are a lot of people that care what i have to say where i can't just say it to their face.
Jáger
Can't stand Twiiter to be honeat, it's massively over-hyped and overrated. If I have anything to say, I'll say it on Facebook; the people who are going to read it would probably be the same anyway.
DuffMan
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Aug 19 2010, 04:59 AM) *
I think that social networking sites are nothing but trouble.. plus i don't really imagine there are a lot of people that care what i have to say where i can't just say it to their face.

For me Facebook keeps me in contact with old friends when they're at uni hundreds of mile away. Twitter is for me to waste time on if I'm sitting in a waiting room or something. Some people take them too seriously, others are too cynical. Social networking should be kept at face value and not an alternative to real life contact or some kind of evil hell hole.

No one cares what you say on Twitter and that's part of why people use it. You can say what the hell you like and no one will tell you off.
River
@viciousjohnson
DuPz0r
As i said before i pretty much only use twitter to see what big news game companies dish out, because they tend to post it there before anywhere else.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Aug 19 2010, 02:47 PM) *

For me Facebook keeps me in contact with old friends when they're at uni hundreds of mile away. Twitter is for me to waste time on if I'm sitting in a waiting room or something. Some people take them too seriously, others are too cynical. Social networking should be kept at face value and not an alternative to real life contact or some kind of evil hell hole.

No one cares what you say on Twitter and that's part of why people use it. You can say what the hell you like and no one will tell you off.

Well, no one cares what you say on your facebook, until they decide they want to be a dick and use it against you, then in that case, every word you say matters.
DuffMan
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Aug 21 2010, 12:17 AM) *
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Aug 19 2010, 02:47 PM) *

Well, no one cares what you say on your facebook, until they decide they want to be a dick and use it against you, then in that case, every word you say matters.

Then do it on Twitter to a bunch of internet randoms and save your Facebook for other things.
Jáger
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Aug 21 2010, 12:17 AM) *

That's happened to me all too often. It's the main reason I never do 'serious' status updates anymore, just stupid little ones every now and then. I know full well that if I do a serious one, people will use it against me and, really, thats not what I want.
Psy
@Psyware
@iGrandTheftAuto
@iRedDead
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Psy @ Sep 3 2010, 04:01 AM) *

^that's mine too^ tongue.gif
Psy
We've got nearly 1000 followers on iRedDead. I get about 10 emails a day from twitter when people start following. Might have to advertise my own twitter on there to get some more followers haha.
TreeFitty
I'll talk to you so you're not actually talking to yourself. mellow.gif or something...
demon
I mean no offense, but following anyone's short messages on Twitter seems like a waste of time. Why are people finding it interesting enough to bother? doh (12).gif

In a blog you can actually write something, if you have anything of value to say. Twitter on the other hand won't let you because of character limitations.
Marney1
I've just set one up today; RockstarSpy - but it's just for my website, not personal. Anyway I'll get round to 'following' some of you soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.