Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Expendables
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2
Massacre
I'm thankful I don't remember who played the Green Ranger.
Darth Sexy
I sincerely hope we're talking about the guy who played the green power ranger.
Massacre
I thought we were.
Heartless
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Aug 12 2010, 05:09 AM) *
I sincerely hope we're talking about the guy who played the green power ranger.

Darth Sexy
Ok, I saw the movie.

Dolph Lundgren kicks a guy in the face while driving a car. I think this sums up how awesome the movie was.
bOnEs
yea, i saw this yesterday... dolph had a great character and man o man were there some AWESOME fighting scenes and action pieces... but my guy terry crews steals the show near the end... that was awesome!! when he was showing off that shotgun on the plane, i recognized it from GTA and knew he was about to blow the fuck out of people... sure enough down in that tight corridor, he blasted away 15 or guys... easily the best scene in the movie...

the characters were a little flat, outside of dolph's character, mickey rourke and jason statham... but overall, a good action movie with very entertaining fight scenes, action sets and car chases... i am going to see machete in a couple of weeks and i am sure it will have better characters and story but, i don't think it can top the action from the expendables...
Massacre
The simple fact that Machete has Danny Trejo makes it better automatically. Not knocking The Expendables, Trejo is just that badass.
bOnEs
dude, most of the cast of expendables is pretty decent but come on, danny trejo, robert deniro, steven seagal, cheech marion, jessica alba, michelle rodriquez, don johnson and even jeff fahay... that's a fucking cast...

plus, stallone was never good with writing stories and creating characters... robert rodriquez is...
DuPz0r
I liked the tension between Arnie, Stallone and Willis in that scene near the beginning where they were taking digs at each other!
Flea
Went to see the film yesterday, had some good actin scenes, but it just came accross very cheesy matcho, was good to see arnie, stallone and bruce all together for the first time and probably the last, since i doubt arnie will ever have a major role in a film again. The story wasnt anything special, just seemed like something thrown together in 5 minutes for an excuse to see some over the top action, which was intended i think, i think it could of done without Jason Statham, have never really been to keen on him as an actor.
What was with the Russian guy from rocky at the end? he just decided to come back after trying to kill them and they thought nothing of it, or did i miss somehting there?
bOnEs
yea, that scene with dolph at the end seemed a little out of place... but then again, a lot of the dialog seemed cheesy anyways...
Darth Sexy
It's quite clear that Stallone wrote the film for a certain audience, which is essentially the 80's action movie (think Commando etc) crowd, which hasn't changed. Film of the year? No. One of the best movies ever? Hell yeah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.