Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ever know when you're just beat?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Bain
Ok, so first off, in the Marine Corps you have to qualify on the rifle range every year.

I have not in 2 because I was busy, and also, a bunch of other people I am currently with have not because they just got back from Iraq.

So, were non infatry troops right, and our unit decides because its convenient to send us to qualify at this huge comptetition, which is legal and all, but its like........wtf.

The targets are smaller, some of the positions are changed for certain amounts of rounds.....

We have to pistol shoot with one hand like a cowboy.

Another unit was over heard talking about how they fire thousands of rounds a day and got a week of just pistol training while we had barely a morning.

A fucking military exchange program flew in the Royal Marine shooting team....lol....

All of these guys are so about this competition and we were like, were just here for our yearly shooting.

We're fucked, heh. So, anyone just have random experiences like that?
Massacre
Yeah, dude.
ViceMan
I feel that way whenever I come on here.
Massacre
That seems about right.
Heartless
I've never heard of the Army Infantry doing any shooting competitions, but I wouldn't be surprised. I never did. However, I did shoot thousands and thousands of rounds, do months at a time training rotations in stock houses and field problems, and I've done out of state, on site training missions. I still wake up some times and swear I smell gunsmoke.
PabloHoneyOle
Get back to killing.

Get back to killing.

Get back to killing women.
Spoiler
i.never.fire.a.gun.in.my.life. sad.gif
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Spoiler @ Mar 18 2010, 11:40 AM) *
i.never.fire.a.gun.in.my.life. sad.gif

Alex?
Massacre
Why? Guns are beautiful. I mean, they're nowhere near as fun as blades, but, they're still fun.
Bain
QUOTE (Adolf Hitler @ Mar 17 2010, 11:32 PM) *
I've never heard of the Army Infantry doing any shooting competitions, but I wouldn't be surprised. I never did. However, I did shoot thousands and thousands of rounds, do months at a time training rotations in stock houses and field problems, and I've done out of state, on site training missions. I still wake up some times and swear I smell gunsmoke.

Yeah they have inter branch competitions and the army has their own comp. Some retired marine master sgt is some teacher for some part of the army. Teams maybe I forgot.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
The British army loooooves pistols. When Germans ask the Royal Marines to surrender, they don't shout fuckin' "nuts" they throw boomerang pistols. That's what you're up against.
Heartless
Nuts was the best line of the war.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
"Nuts" became a cybernations meme, sort of ruined it for me.
Bain
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Mar 18 2010, 10:53 PM) *
The British army loooooves pistols. When Germans ask the Royal Marines to surrender, they don't shout fuckin' "nuts" they throw boomerang pistols. That's what you're up against.

A few of them are not too hot but a few are also really good so far. Their bad shooters though are better than our bad shooters.
Heartless
We have our Presidents 100, though I never met anyone of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.