Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Hurt Locker
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Spoiler
anyone seen it? it's not that awesome ftw. being compare to Platoon and winning half a dozen oscars. i think they just give the awards to them over Avatar just to snub at James Cameron.
PabloHoneyOle
Yeah, a movie that was directed by a woman?

I haven't seen it yet, I'll wait for it on HBO. I did love the Oscar snub, but I hate that this lady had to be the first female director to win an academy award. I guess it's better than the first black director. Either way, loved the Cameron snub.
Massacre
It's not like Avatar deserved awards anyway. That shit sucked. Unless there are awards for "Worst Overuse of CGI" or "Most Fuckable Alien."
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 16 2010, 12:27 PM) *
It's not like Avatar deserved awards anyway. That shit sucked. Unless there are awards for "Worst Overuse of CGI" or "Most Fuckable Alien."

my thoughts exactly... americans must be stupid if they think that was the best movie of the year... if it were a popularity contest, i'm sure it would win but, come on... just about every movie nominated was better than that boring story... disney's "UP" and inglorious basterds were ten times better than avatar...
Massacre
Inglorious Basterds was the best movie of last year, no doubt. I don't even know what awards it won.

The only Oscar snubbing I've ever noticed was last year when Slumdog Millionaire won Best Film over The Dark Knight. Any movie that won an award over Dark Knight was bullshit, it's the best movie since Return of the Jedi.
bOnEs
again, agreed...

basterds won one award... best supporting actor for christopher wentz role as lt. landa... easily one of the best villians in the past decade... slightly edging out heath ledgers joker IMO...

but fuck, award shows are a joke anyways... movies that release a week before the shows tend to win the awards... not the great ones that came out earlier in the year...
Ex-PS Fanboy
The hurt locker was fucking epic. I think this is one of my favorite movies. Fuck James Cameron, and Fuck Quentin Tarentino (and fuck the Fucking Diaz brothers)
Massacre
Fuck you.
Bitch Heartless
Hurt Locker was good.

Inglorious Basterds was fucking epic.
Spoiler
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 16 2010, 04:31 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 16 2010, 12:27 PM) *

my thoughts exactly... americans must be stupid if they think that was the best movie of the year... if it were a popularity contest, i'm sure it would win but, come on... just about every movie nominated was better than that boring story... disney's "UP" and inglorious basterds were ten times better than avatar...

aye, which means that oscar prefer Shakespearean tales rather than Sci-fi. TDK was epic and this year movies aren't that great. Inglorious is great but then again it can't be take seriously, can it?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 16 2010, 09:28 AM) *
I haven't seen it yet, I'll wait for it on HBO.

Usually the same for me.
DuPz0r
Hurt Locker was a great film. I think Ingloriuos Basterds was good but i liked this more.
Bain
QUOTE (Bitch Heartless @ Mar 16 2010, 10:37 PM) *
Hurt Locker was good.

Pretty much yeah. I usually tend to be biased towards marine shit obviously but I and several other marines enjoyed it.
Bitch Heartless
QUOTE (Bain @ Mar 17 2010, 02:58 PM) *
Hurt Locker was good.

Pretty much yeah. I usually tend to be biased towards marine shit obviously but I and several other marines enjoyed it.

Both films featured the Army. I don't recall the Marines in both those movies.
DonkeyTits
Toss up between I.B. and H.L. Both were pretty much epic.
Bain
QUOTE (Bitch Heartless @ Mar 17 2010, 08:58 PM) *
Hurt Locker was good.

Im talkin about hurt locker.
Heartless
QUOTE (Bitch Heartless @ Mar 17 2010, 10:58 PM) *
Hurt Locker was good.

EOD is hardcore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.