Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Cause 2 - First Impressions
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3
PabloHoneyOle
1up.com really sucked this game off. Made me very jealous. http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3178452

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 23 2010, 03:31 PM) *
The end of the first mission has a bigger set of explosions than most GTA missions that you can't do until the end of the game. I'm having a lot of trouble aiming, though, and I'm not sure why.
I'm mostly just grappling over to enemies and beating the shit out of them.

I'm actually having a lot of trouble with the controls in general, but I think it's just because I've been doing nothing but PC gaming since I beat Mass Effect 2. I hope to get the hang of it soon.

Hey Stoic, just giving you a heads up, even though you get a code to unlock Rico's gun, you still have to pay for it. Fucking bullshit.

I played the hell out of the demo, the shooting is kinda wonky, no direct targeting scheme. There's supposed to be weapons upgrades, so maybe it gets better. Another review I read said that was one of their only gripes; using a shitton of ammo.

I preordered through gamestop, I'm supposed to get the guns for free. I'll be fucking pissed if I have to pay. But I'll still pay. Motherfuckers.

Massacre
Oh, I meant you have to pay for it in-game. Sorry.
PabloHoneyOle
Here's a 9.8 review of the game too. Again, mention of the underpowered guns at the beginning.
http://www.ztgd.com/9351/Just-Cause-2.html

I can't wait to get home.
Massacre
The controls have gotten a little easier for me. I think I was just having trouble because the first mission is at night, and I have a lot of trouble seeing when it's dark in these current-gen video games.

I've been trying to get from where one mission ends to where another begins, and it's taking forever. At first, I thought I was right on it, and when I flew my chopper through the clouds and saw that it was still over three mountain ranges and I don't know how many villages away. This place is fucking huge.
PabloHoneyOle
I heard the travel time ingame was ridiculous. But I'll take a dose of reality.

Then go back to flying planes into military bases and shooting the survivors while sailing down on my parachute.
PabloHoneyOle
I managed to play about 5-6 hours last night. I didn't want to go to bed, but I had to come into work today. I played 'til about 3AM. I love this game. It's already my game of the year, because I see myself playing it for probably the remainder of the year.

It's massive. It's epically massive. It's fucking huge. There is so much to do/explore that I can't even imagine being able to complete it all, but I am going to give it my damnedest. The size of the map remind me of Fallout 3. It's massive, FUCKING MASSIVE. The terrain ranges from the beach to the rain forest to the snow covered mountains to the the small islands to the the crystal clear rivers and lakes scattered around. There's hundreds of small villages and huge cities to explore, military airports and bases to destroy, and all of them contain Panua propaganda that must be destroyed in order to liberate the city/village.

The "destroy the propaganda" device has been done before with RF:Guerilla and more recently, the Saboteur (which I loved very much); but JC2 blows them all way. The freedom you have to destroy the propaganda is unlimited. Basically, each city or settlement or base has a certain amount of propaganda and collectibles (upgrade points or money for the black market, I'll get to those both in a minute...) that must be destroyed or collected. With each destruction, you generate CHAOS, which unlocks new missions, new weapons and also adds to the completion percentage of each settlement . When you reach 100% completion, the city is free from Panua soldiers and usually a unique vehicle is readily available from then on. Last night, I only 100%'d a couple of settlements, but all of them spawn a variety of helicopters (most locations have a helipad) and even planes (at the airport).

While I am on the subject of planes, the flight schemes are fantastic. The controls are a little tricky to get used to, but they are incredible realistic and not near as arcadey as the driving controls (which aren't THAT bad, but also take some getting used to). Flying is one the greatest parts of the game. Last night, I flew a Leer Jet around, just admiring the smooth controls. Barrel rolls are fantastic, I did like 10 in a row, just cause I could. Then I turned the Leer Jet into a missile itself, slamming it into a series of explosive silos and causing some serious chaos. Also, helicopter flight has become much easier for me and I also spent some time last night engaging in dogfights with other helicopters. As soon as my helicopter was badly damaged, I would just hijack theirs in mid-air. The helicopters and attack planes make sabotage a snap, especially if they are outfitted with missiles. All it takes is a couple of flybys while laying down a blanket of missiles, then skydiving/parachuting down to the base and taking out the remaining troops/propaganda/collectibles and the base is yours. Skydiving is also awesome and the parachuting is incredibly smooth and easy to control and navigate with.

As mentioned before, the big difference between this game and the first is the ability to use the grappling hook more effectively. You can latch on to just about anything. I was going from tree to tree last night like the damn Predator taking out bitches in the jungle. You can use the grappling hook and parachute to slingshot yourself, basically flying using your parachute. You can reel yourself in, then release the grapple and use the momentum to carry you up, up and AWAY! You can also attach just about anything to anything as well using the hook. I spent a good amount of time latching explosive barrels to passing cars and watching them drag makeshift bombs down the road into roadblocks and unsuspecting civilians. You can also attach people to cars and drag them to death. In Texas, they call that a fag-drag. There's also an achievement for doing 5 fag-drags, but that's only one of the ways you can use your grappling hook to dispose of Panua soldiers.

The combat system for Just Cause 2 takes a little getting used to. There is no "auto-lock" or way to really hone in on targets, however it is more generous than most free-aim third person shooters. Basically, if your target turns red, you're shooting at the enemy. There is an option to get a more "over the shoulder" perspective which makes the gun play much easier. Most of my kills have been headshots, or some variety of grappling hook inflicted death. Trying to kill a soldier by shooting at him from far away will proof futile, unless you've upgraded your weapons. The grappling hook makes for a dangerous assistant to your gun of choice as you can use it to attach soldiers to cars as earlier mentioned or just about any other surface. While attacking a skyscraper last night, I attached a guy to an elevator that was going up the side of the building just to remove him from the combat situation. You can suspend soldiers from overhangs and beat them to death like a pinata; bind two soldiers together, they'll fly at each other and knock themselves out. You can pull soldiers from guard towers, causing them to fall to their death. Or you can just go with the good old fashioned headshot or well placed grenade.

Weapons are scattered all around the bases and cities, however an easier (yet more expensive) way to get weapons is to use the black market. Basically, you just signal for a drop and are prompted with a menu of what you want to receive from the drop helicopter. Weapons, vehicles and location extractions are available from your black market contact, Sloth Demon. New weapons and vehicles are unlocked by causing CHAOS and destroying propaganda. The weapons and vehicles can be upgraded by applying vehicle/weapon creates scattered around the various settlements and bases. There is also cash creates that provide you with the money you need to buy weapons. You also get money for completing missions, side missions and any other kind of challenge out there. The only drawback to this is that in order to get the good guns, you have to rely on the black market - and have the funds do so. When I first unlocked the blackmarket, I didn't have enough scratch for hand grenades. But after a two story missions, a couple faction takeovers and favors and I'm not so worried about it now. It's a pretty good market system, only buy what you need and you should be fine. After awhile, you should also have enough cash to buy a small jet plane or monster truck if you're feeling frisky.

I'll post more in a bit. Have to get some work done.
bOnEs
damn you R*!!! i might of bought this game if they weren't releasing two new games in the next month or so... good read, sounds like the kind of fun i was expecting with this title...

i thought i read somewhere that the main story can take you about 40 hours but, 100% completion of this game could take you 150+ hours to complete... talk about MASSIVE depth and replayability biggrin.gif...
Massacre
Bones, if it weren't for the GTA deathmatches on here, I'd say pass on EFLC for a few months, it's worth it to play this game.

The controls have gotten much easier for me, and now my only gripes are the iffy handling on the land-based vehicles and the terrible voice acting, everything else is perfect. I did my fair share of 9/11'ing pinata-smashing last night, and I find I'm using my grappling hook and melee attacks to make Rico into a South American Batman. I love this game.
PabloHoneyOle
Yeah, I haven't preordered Red Dead yet, and I am glad I haven't. I will be tied up with this for some time. If you're a creative person, this game could last you FOREVER. I can't imagine 100%ing this game, the game doesn't even expect you to; there is an achievement for completing 75% of the game. 100% would probably be next to impossible. There are a ton of "tribal" collectibles for each of the factions. I found a skull on top of the highest mountain: "You have collected 1 of 100 skulls." There is NO WAY I will be able to locate 100 skulls randomly scattered throughout this massive chain of islands, let alone whatever the other two 100-collectible items are.

Anyway. Shit, I could keep going on about this game. I want everyone to get this. If you liked San Andreas, this the game you've been waiting for. It's very over the top, but is insanely entertaining. It's GTAIV, the Saboteur and Crackdown, all rolled up and laced with an ounce of WOWZA.

One last thing, last night I flew a helicopter to the Mile High Club; a strip-club aboard a Zeppelin-powered cruise ship in the sky. After exploring the strip club (no titties), I took the helicopter that was located on the helipad on back of the Zeppelin and took off (there's also a leer jet parked there too). I flew as high as I could go, then ejected myself from the chopper. I began the freefall as the helicopter fell like a rock. I plunged forward, falling and falling, faster and faster. I finally caught up to the helicopter, not far off the ground. I was able to grapple back to the copter and reenter it, saving us both from a terrible explosion on the beach. I then flew back up to the Mile High Club, jumped off the breast shaped zeppelins in order to get the achievement for base jumping over 1000 meters.

Stuff like that will keep me going for ages. Basically, if you can think it, you can do it.
bOnEs
@ massacre - i don't even think i could pass on it if there weren't deathmatches here... i love GTA so much that i'm willing to play it over other games... hell, right now i am playing through the story again instead of renting batman: arkham asylum laugh.gif...

@ stoic - that's kind of why i was always interested in this game... i'm very creative and this game practically gives you a blank canvas for you to paint however you like... but, i don't see any game worth owning in the summer yet so, this is the first one on the list biggrin.gif... if this had a multiplayer mode, i might of considered buying it this week so i could play with someone from here...
PabloHoneyOle
I think multiplayer might ruin the game to be honest. It would be fun to trick out with someone else, but given the sheer size of the game and the surrounding environments, I don't know how it would be able to handle multiplayer matches. There is DLC on the way, multiplayer would be awesome if they could find some way to integrate it into the game.

I've put my entire backlog on hold and kind of regret buying Dante's Inferno the other day as I will likely not be able to get to it for a long time.
Massacre
I would actually start paying for online again if this had multiplayer.

I've been playing for a little while today, and I've actually gotten fast enough with the grappling hook to do some Spider-Man-style webslinging. Fucking awesome.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 24 2010, 01:42 PM) *
I would actually start paying for online again if this had multiplayer.

I've been playing for a little while today, and I've actually gotten fast enough with the grappling hook to do some Spider-Man-style webslinging. Fucking awesome.

Nothing better than scaling buildings then catapulting into the air using the parachute and a sexy gust of wind.
bOnEs
i was actually thinking more like co-op multiplayer... i don't think a deathmatch mode would work in this game... but, having someone else help you during the story missions would be super awesome...

i've only played the demo once for 30 minutes... but, i might try to play it again tonight or something... i never fired it up again because i thought that after your 30 minutes were up, the demo was over... i might see if that's the case or if i missed my opportunity of multiple plays by not quitting the demo with seconds left... if the demo continues to work then, it might be enough for me to keep my tide over until the summer...
PabloHoneyOle
I heard that the PS3 has a feature where you can upload clips directly to Youtube. The videos are already starting to pop up. Pretty cool.
PabloHoneyOle
Check this out. I don't watch LOST, but I thought it to be incredible. Apparently if you fly a plane over this island, it will automatically explode. There is also writing on the beach and some kind of hatch. It's the most northwest island. Here's is a video from Youtube.

Massacre
I'm taking a short break from the missions, so I'll go there right now.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 24 2010, 09:47 AM) *
terrible voice acting

Amen. Every time I play the demo, "MY NAME IS BOLO SANTOSI" gives me a fucking migraine.

So, bad mistake ordering from Amazon. It just shipped today. Stoic, Massacre, you guys are making me so excited. I can't fucking wait until it arrives! It seems like it's going to be a billion times better than I expect!
Massacre
So, after I finished exploring Lost island (I never did find the fucking hatch), I flew to the titty blimp, which took forever. Do you have to deploy your parachute to get the base jumping achievement?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 24 2010, 10:45 PM) *
So, after I finished exploring Lost island (I never did find the fucking hatch), I flew to the titty blimp, which took forever. Do you have to deploy your parachute to get the base jumping achievement?

Yeah, I am pretty sure you have to fall 1000+ meters and then pull your cord. Mine was like 1056, it tells you in the top right hand corner. I jumped off the tail fin of the blimp for maximum height. If you hit the water, I don't think it counts.
Ex-PS Fanboy
After playing the demo a few more time I'm considering skipping EFLC to get this...
Massacre
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Mar 25 2010, 09:39 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 24 2010, 10:45 PM) *

Yeah, I am pretty sure you have to fall 1000+ meters and then pull your cord. Mine was like 1056, it tells you in the top right hand corner. I jumped off the tail fin of the blimp for maximum height. If you hit the water, I don't think it counts.
There's my problem, then.

I've started traveling using only the parachute and grappling hook. It's about as fast as using a car, and it's much more scenic.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 25 2010, 12:31 PM) *
I've started traveling using only the parachute and grappling hook. It's about as fast as using a car, and it's much more scenic.

Yes, I've developed quite a rhythm to parachute traveling.

I played some more last night and there are so many little gems of awesomeness scattered all over this game. One of my favorite thing has to be the physics of the game. Shoot out someone's tire at high speeds and their vehicle flips out of control, crashing in a fiery explosion. Good stuff.

Massacre, how far along are you? I haven't done many side missions, but last night I got through Mission 3.
Massacre
I've finished the first several faction missions (the three or four in each faction's area after doing the initial three strongholds), but I haven't done the first Agency Mission yet. I'm 8% through. I spent the whole day yesterday exploring, I might get back to the storyline today.
TheAnalogKid2112
Ok so I got to play the first mission(s) up until I jumped on that drunk guy's car to fight off the military. Fucking amazing. Now back to playing.
PabloHoneyOle
I've been playing all weekend, still the greatest game I've ever played. I've spent the majority of my time roaming, exploring new settlements. I've also been collecting a shitton of crates (weapons upgrades, vehicle upgrades, health upgrades and cash) and trying to get 100% completion. It's fairly easy in the smaller civilian settlements, some only have 1-3 crates and no sabotages. Anyway, my Rico is MAD upgraded. I've also been doing shit tons of faction collectibles (little blue dots) for some extra cash. Money is no longer an issue.

I just completed the 4th storyline mission last night. The "plot" is getting ridiculous, but it's still amazing. The 4th mission introduces some pretty crazy shit (ninja's with uzis?) and some bad ass action stunts. I don't want to give much away in spoilers, but it's awesome. Each mission is full of excitement. Much better than any GTA experience I've ever had.

Also, there's a whale. Check it out.
bOnEs
lol laugh.gif... here comes PETA, i can just sense their presence... i bet this game is littered with easter eggs too...

you've only done 4 missions, stoic? is that because there are only so many or is it because you've barely been working through the story? i really wish R* didn't do this to me... they must of known i was interested in spending my money on a different gaming companies sandbox game in april mad.gif...

the episodes better be some good fun... lol, i'm sure they are since i LOVED GTAIV... but, i am passing on potentially one the greatest sandbox games ever!! well, not the story or graphics part but, the "sandbox" part biggrin.gif... summer can't get here soon enough!!
Massacre
He's only done four story missions. There are dozens of faction missions for the three gangs in the area.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 29 2010, 04:37 PM) *
lol laugh.gif... here comes PETA, i can just sense their presence... i bet this game is littered with easter eggs too...

you've only done 4 missions, stoic? is that because there are only so many or is it because you've barely been working through the story? i really wish R* didn't do this to me... they must of known i was interested in spending my money on a different gaming companies sandbox game in april mad.gif...

the episodes better be some good fun... lol, i'm sure they are since i LOVED GTAIV... but, i am passing on potentially one the greatest sandbox games ever!! well, not the story or graphics part but, the "sandbox" part biggrin.gif... summer can't get here soon enough!!

There's quite a few easter eggs, there's one with a "shark", there's also a bubble gun and the aforementioned Lost hatch (which I solved the mystery of - though a mission).

I'm only through the fourth storyline mission, of which I think there are eight total. There's a shitton of faction missions which are "go here, kill this guy/blow this shit up" - standard sandbox fare. The storyline missions are a little more indepth and longer; "go here, kill all these motherfuckers/blow all this shit up"

It's definitely the ultimate sandbox playground. There's nothing you can't do. I am excited about Red Dead though, but I am ultimately glad it was delayed.
bOnEs
i see (concerning the missions)...

april is episodes month and may is RDR month... yet, maybe i could of purchased this game if i managed my budget better since march was originally my episodes month, which got pushed back a month... so, march could of been just cause 2 month mad.gif... now june or probably more likely july will be... and hey, it might $40 too by that time...

i will be in jacksonville in about a week and a half so, make some room on the couch stoic, i might stop by to play this biggrin.gif... you still live next to that abortion clinic?

EDIT: i thought i read somewhere that the PS3 version has a built-in video recorder? is that true??
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 29 2010, 05:14 PM) *
i see (concerning the missions)...

april is episodes month and may is RDR month... yet, maybe i could of purchased this game if i managed my budget better since march was originally my episodes month, which got pushed back a month... so, march could of been just cause 2 month mad.gif... now june or probably more likely july will be... and hey, it might $40 too by that time...

i will be in jacksonville in about a week and a half so, make some room on the couch stoic, i might stop by to play this biggrin.gif... you still live next to that abortion clinic?

EDIT: i thought i read somewhere that the PS3 version has a built-in video recorder? is that true??

I live in Tampa, it's about a 2 hour drive, but you're welcome at my house if you make it this way Bones.
bOnEs
well, if my brother and his girlfriend get boring, i'll see what it costs to take a bus trip to tampa laugh.gif...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 29 2010, 06:37 PM) *
well, if my brother and his girlfriend get boring, i'll see what it costs to take a bus trip to tampa laugh.gif...

Just steal their car.
Pieface
I found the Lost Hatch, which is a lot easier to find in the sun wink.gif
TheAnalogKid2112
So I've got 20 hours in this game already. I'm fucking addicted.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Stinger. @ Apr 5 2010, 07:15 AM) *
I found the Lost Hatch, which is a lot easier to find in the sun wink.gif

What system are you playing on?
Pieface
PC. Graphics are so much better on the PC than the 360.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Stinger. @ Apr 5 2010, 01:38 PM) *
PC. Graphics are so much better on the PC than the 360.

I dunno, they're pretty awesome on my HDTV. I wouldn't want to play this on a computer monitor.
Pieface
I've compared it on my 32" HDTV and 22" HD Monitor, and you'd be suprised how bad it looks on the 360.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Stinger. @ Apr 5 2010, 03:24 PM) *
I've compared it on my 32" HDTV and 22" HD Monitor, and you'd be suprised how bad it looks on the 360.

Whatever, my dick's still bigger and I've very satisfied with the game I have.

In other news, I am completely addicted to this game. I can't put it down. Another collectible, another upgrade, another mission. Just fantastic, probably one of the greatest games I've ever played. I've spent just as much time playing the game as I have flying planes and trying to land them; experimenting with different grappling combinations and just wreaking havoc.

And the graphics look amazing on my HDTV.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Apr 5 2010, 12:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Stinger. @ Apr 5 2010, 03:24 PM) *

Whatever, my dick's still bigger and I've very satisfied with the game I have.

In other news, I am completely addicted to this game. I can't put it down. Another collectible, another upgrade, another mission. Just fantastic, probably one of the greatest games I've ever played. I've spent just as much time playing the game as I have flying planes and trying to land them; experimenting with different grappling combinations and just wreaking havoc.

And the graphics look amazing on my HDTV.

Every single word of this post is quoted for FUCKING TRUTH!

PabloHoneyOle
Again, last night - couldn't put it down. I'm methodically clearing the southern islands, collecting all the faction items, 100%ing the bases and towns, knocking out the races and missions.

I spent half the evening fucking around the ski resort. I attached myself to the three chairlifts and took a lengthy blunt trip to the top of the mountain, just to come flying down it in a Razorback in a difficult race. Then ride back to the top for the missions and the hell of it.
Pieface
JC2 is weird for me. I play it, go wow, then think I cba playing it after I put it down, then pick it up and play for loads more.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I got this yesterday. The free roam and epic vehicles are absolutely awesome. But the missions are really boring, I think the game would be better without them, (but then it wouldn't really work) either way, Missions = crap. I wasn't really impressed by the controls either, I'm find driving in this game harder than Saint's Row. And parachuting at a time can be pretty fucking annoying.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (E_Z @ Apr 6 2010, 11:31 AM) *
I got this yesterday. The free roam and epic vehicles are absolutely awesome. But the missions are really boring, I think the game would be better without them, (but then it wouldn't really work) either way, Missions = crap. I wasn't really impressed by the controls either, I'm find driving in this game harder than Saint's Row. And parachuting at a time can be pretty fucking annoying.

There's a definite learning curve. I hated driving at first, but it gets better. I hated parachuting at first, but it gets better. I hated flying at first, but it gets better. The missions aren't that bad. They can get repetitive, but that's only if you only focus on missions. Have fun and play around.
PabloHoneyOle
DLC is dropping tomorrow on the 360, Thursday for the PS3 (and probably never for PC, suck it, Pie).

Anyway, I have a lot of Microsoft Points just waiting to be spent. Here's the potential menu of DLC that was leaked last week. Pricing not yet available.

Pimped Rides Pre-order Pack

Bring on the chaos in Panau with a pimped up Ice Cream Van. Featuring a sturdy front ram, side skirts and greater top speed, you have the perfect tool for causing some serious fender-benders. Its extreme makeover also include a jingle to match. And if you’re in the mood for something even more destructive, why not try out a true weapon of mass destruction in the new and improved Tuk-Tuk. No longer the runt of the litter, this particular Tuk-Tuk houses a ridiculously oversized mounted weapon on the roof. Just the thing you need to wreak havoc in paradise!

Wild Rides DLC Pack
Unleash your inner beast with two truly powerful new vehicles. Get your kicks on the routes of Panau with this beautiful Chevalier Sauvage -69. Once this muscle car kicks into high gear, it will take a swarm of Panau's finest to put it to a halt. And if you are looking for a bit more bang for your buck, try out the new F-33 Dragonfly fighter jet. With quad-mounted miniguns and double missile launchers, this agile bird is the definite ruler of the skies, and packs a serious punch to land based targets as well.

Multi-Rocket Launcher DLC Weapon
Become the master of destruction with this fine addition to the Just Cause 2 arsenal. As the name implies, the Multi-Rocket Launcher is capable of firing a spread of rockets on your target, making it the most destructive weapon in Panau.

Signature Guns DLC Weapon

Get ready to truly fill Rico Rodriguez's shoes with the return of his classic signature guns, as seen in the original Just Cause. Don't miss this opportunity to hone your chaos-causing skills, using Rico's favourite tools of the trade.

Bull's Eye Assault Rifle
More powerful than the standard assault rifle, this lightweight and lethal automatic rifle features increased accuracy and a higher magnification scope.

Air Propulsion Gun
Courtesy of the Agency Propulsion Labs, this gun was originally designed as a jet engine but was soon repurposed for the weapons division where the Air Propulsion Gun was born.

Cluster Bomb Launcher
A natural progression of the grenade launcher, the Cluster Bomb Launcher is a small-scale weapon of mass destruction for personal use.

Rico's Signature Gun
Customised by the Agency and adapted for Rico’s shooting style, this deadly accurate and powerful pistol packs a punch with precision, power and flair.

Quad Rocket Launcher
Combine a rocket launcher with a shotgun and you've got yourself the powerful Quad Rocket Launcher - expect some collateral damage!

Multi-lock Missile Launcher
This highly sophisticated weapon of destruction allows you to lock up to four targets and unleash a barrage of homing missiles to take care of all your troubles.

Tuk Tuk Boom Boom
Try out a true weapon of mass destruction in the new and improved Tuk Tuk. No longer the runt of the litter, this particular Tuk Tuk features a ridiculously oversized mounted weapon on the roof. Just the thing you need to wreak havoc in paradise!

Chevalier Ice Breaker
Bring on the chaos in Panau with a pimped-up Ice Cream Van. Featuring a sturdy front ram, side skirts and greater top speed, you have the perfect tool for causing some serious fender-benders. This extreme makeover also includes a jingle to match.

F-33 DragonFly Jet Fighter
Try out the new F-33 Dragonfly fighter jet. With quad-mounted miniguns and double missile launchers, this agile bird is the definite ruler of the skies, and packs a serious punch to land based targets as well.

Chevalier Classic
No agent should be without a hot set of wheels and with an increased top speed and superior handling, you can arrive at your destination in style or make a guaranteed quick getaway.

Agency Hovercraft
The ultimate in amphibious transport, the Agency Hovercraft is the most flexible form of transport in the game. Steered by a thrust-based engine for smooth and agile movement, the vehicle is as comfortable on land as off. Equipped with a turret-mounted autocannon, you’re guaranteed to blow your opposition out of the water.

Monster Truck
The usefulness of an oversized monster truck when destabilizing small countries is clearly evident.

Dual Parachute Thrusters
Take to the air for longer! The Dual Parachute Thrusters when mounted to the parachute rig provides bursts of forward momentum to extend airtime.

Dare Devil Parachute
Perform your ultimate stunts in style with this Dare Devil Parachute.

Chaos Parachute
Featuring a skull motif, make an entrance no one will forget ... should you leave anyone alive to remember.

Camo Parachute
Designed for covert operations this camo parachute will make it much harder to trace your movements across Panau.

Tiger Parachute
Take to the air in style with this tiger stripe parachute.

Firestorm Parachute
Avoid enemy heat with his hot Firestorm Parachute.

Scorpion Parachute
Rico's trademark 'Scorpion' comes to life in this bespoke parachute.

Rico's Standard Parachute
Rico's original parachute for those that would like to return to basics.

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-lets-...ip-169793.phtml

I'm in for all the vehicles and probably most of the ridiculous weaponry. It'll certainly make the harder settings more enjoyable and insane.
TheAnalogKid2112
Fuck yeah. I'm buying everything. I've had 35 bucks in my PS3 account for 4 months and nothing has been worth buying, so fuck it.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 6 2010, 04:17 PM) *
Fuck yeah. I'm buying everything. I've had 35 bucks in my PS3 account for 4 months and nothing has been worth buying, so fuck it.

Yeah, I'm thinking I am going to have this game until my 360 becomes obsolete as a gaming device.
PabloHoneyOle
SO - the first piece of DLC was released today: The Icecream Truck. It's free, atleast on XBL.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/me...2534307e7/?of=3
Massacre
Fuck yeah. Two mb download? I don't care if it's just a car, it's free, and we need more small downloads like this on the marketplace. The fact that they're releasing anything for free puts Eidos three spaces higher on my game company list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.