Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGTA DEATH MATCH V
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TreeFitty
Thought about the site vs site thing. I think another GTA site is trying to start up multipleyer events too.
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 10 2010, 10:15 PM) *
focusing your attention on one person tends to not work very well... it leaves you vulnerable to attacks from other players because your not paying attention to them... just play the game and worry about yourself

That's why I wasn't part of "Operation: Get bOnEs." I went for "Operation: Get anyone" instead.

How many of these matches are we having anyway? The leaderboard has 11, but will it go on longer assuming there's still interest.
TreeFitty
yeah i just filled the board. goes until someone wins it all and farther if people still wanna go.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 10 2010, 10:36 PM) *
Thought about the site vs site thing. I think another GTA site is trying to start up multipleyer events too.

Have a word with one of the affiliates and give them a date for the challenge. I'd organise one with RockstarNetwork but they haven't got many regular members at the moment. They can get hold of Mario D'Leon (Louis Lopez) to join in too.

EDIT: I've sent Illusion (Owner of R*Network) a message and just waiting for a reply.

EDIT: The reply; "Sure thing!" Might be a while though because they're in need of members but in the mean time who else can we challenge?

3rd EDIT: He asked me to tell Psy he's a wanker!
TreeFitty
^lol

pic added.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 11 2010, 02:47 AM) *
^lol

pic added.

About time (again) I'm going to have to start whipping you if you're late with the pic again!
TreeFitty
Right...... don't worry about people with more talent than you and focus on getting near the top 3.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 10 2010, 10:56 PM) *
yeah i just filled the board. goes until someone wins it all and farther if people still wanna go.

A lot of people on the leaderboard haven't even played a match yet, such as yourself. Is there much point them being there? If they do eventually join they can be easily re-added.
trathen93
im overly optimistic as always and this will be mine for the taking. haha

ps marney, i dont suppose you could change me back to el-nino on the confirmed list. smile.gif
GLC
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 10 2010, 08:15 PM) *
I hope GLC doesn't intend on playing

I do intend on playing. GTFO.
ViceMan
QUOTE (GLC @ Mar 11 2010, 06:25 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 10 2010, 08:15 PM) *
I hope GLC doesn't intend on playing

I do intend on playing. GTFO.

Well I can't see you staying connected very long, but we'll see.
Marney1
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Mar 11 2010, 05:57 PM) *
im overly optimistic as always and this will be mine for the taking. haha

ps marney, i dont suppose you could change me back to el-nino on the confirmed list. smile.gif

Sound as a pound.
TreeFitty
People on the board are ones who signed up. Not going to bother removing the names if they have intentions.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 11 2010, 08:06 PM) *
People on the board are ones who signed up. Not going to bother removing the names if they have intentions.

You intend to play? huh.gif
TreeFitty
Yes. sleep.gif As said many times before it's a bad time for me.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 11 2010, 10:22 PM) *
Yes. sleep.gif As said many times before it's a bad time for me.

I'm tired of your excuses just admit it, you sold your PS3 to buy crack.
TreeFitty
meth.

but that's besides the point. gonna try and get on this weekend. been a bit since i've played. sad.gif plus battlefield 1943 is as addictive as crack.
Jacko
Hey I just wanted to say I did not forgot the last match on 07th of March or anything. It's just that I did'nt remember I had plans of my own and I was out of town on the familylodge where there's no Internet so I couldn't notify you guys about my absence. sad.gif
TreeFitty
so, about everyone vs bones...
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 19 2010, 02:51 AM) *

Fuck BoNeS I'm just going to murder everyone this time...........and win. blush.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 19 2010, 03:15 AM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 19 2010, 02:51 AM) *

Fuck BoNeS I'm just going to murder everyone this time...........and win. blush.gif

So you've finally understood the concept of a deathmatch? Then perhaps we can have a decent match this time. The docks is a level playing field pretty much, no raised walkways or decent sniping spots, except for up on the cranes themselves or the odd container to give yourself a bit of elevation. (And remember, no leaving the area to get up on the raised roads.)
Marney1
I love the docks, especially that elevated road.
ViceMan
Right, i've added those who weren't on my list already except Dobby. Is he actually playing, I didn't see him post in this topic, his ID is "II--DOBBY--II" right?

You bastards made me break my record of never adding anyone as a friend...

Oh, I didn't add TrittyFee either, i'm getting the ID problem saying it doesn't exist. But you weren't going to play anyway I gather.
TreeFitty
fuck, i knew there was someone i needed to add...
ViceMan
So you're playing?
[/sarcasm]
bOnEs
i can only play the deathmatch... no races for me tonight, i only have time for the main event...
DuPz0r
Its time already! Ok, well like bOnEs, i'll probs only play the main event. I'm snowed under with assignment work.
ViceMan
That's good cause I wasn't planning on hosting the after match race actually. Someone else can.

I'll probably be setting the match up at about 5 minutes to the hour. I anticipate some disconnection trouble or something. (GLC especially.)

Oh i've updated the players list, not sure about some people though. Last chance to get in, unless you're online tonight and you ask to be invited.

Viceski

bOnEski

DuPski

Marnski

Fanboyski

Edgecrusherski

El-Nino

GLC (?)

II--DOBBY--II (?)

Psy (?)

TreeFitty (Unlikely.)
new major on the block
I cant make this one, i have some business to do today and tomorrow so chalk me off the list tonight. But I'll definitely try and make the next one considering EFLC will be out by then. Can't wait to get my hands on that, snipe some skydivers and play with the Buzzard.
ViceMan
All joking aside i'm probably going to be shit tonight, i've just gone back to work after a week's holiday lazing in bed, by 11pm i'm going to be knackered.
bOnEs
i've actually been playing the story of GTAIV to re-familiarize myself with the characters and story for the episodes... so, my gun skills should be well polished... but with no blips, and no powerful weapons to start with, means it won't be a piece of cake...

i just finished the bank robbery mission... i forgot how fun the missions actually are after all these years...
Marney1
I've just found out all my saved data for GTA IV has gone huh.gif what the fuck?
TreeFitty
I started a new game last week to get some more achievements and get used to the controls again. thumbup.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 22 2010, 08:21 PM) *
I started a new game last week to get some more achievements and get used to the controls again. thumbup.gif

I might do the story again (well no choice there anyway) and I think I know what's happened; My wife plugs her iPod into the PS3 to charge and we had enginneers in the tower doing some work and they had to temporarily turn the electric off to my floor. I remember a message on the screen saying (something like) I hadn't turned the PS3 off in a normal way and that you can lose data that way...............facepalm - my other games? unsure.gif
trathen93
goin to have a kip after such a shitty day, should get up before 11 so no worries for the dm. its mine this time haha. *crosses fingers*
ViceMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Mar 22 2010, 08:29 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 22 2010, 08:21 PM) *

I might do the story again (well no choice there anyway) and I think I know what's happened; My wife plugs her iPod into the PS3 to charge and we had enginneers in the tower doing some work and they had to temporarily turn the electric off to my floor. I remember a message on the screen saying (something like) I hadn't turned the PS3 off in a normal way and that you can lose data that way...............facepalm - my other games? unsure.gif

I always get that message because I just switch it off from the back when i'm done playing. Then when I turn it on it asks me to restart, which I never do. I've never lost anything.

!!ATTENTION!! Due to continental time differences beyond my control there is a discrepancy with the match time, we might start the match early (like, in 20 mins or so) because Bones is busy soon and desperately needs his gold. So GTFOnline now. !!ATTENTION!!
bOnEs
how was i suppose to know europe didn't comply with the daylight savings time?! what kind of shit is that?!? i thought it was universal... better yet, why didn't the europeans agree to change to my time? the matches would be an hour earlier for you guys, a 10pm start... but, i'd rather they move to 7pm EST so i don't have to leave work early...

EDIT: i got the plans changed to 8... how's that? biggrin.gif... i'll be a little late to my other shindig but, oh well...
trathen93
oh fuck no. the ps3 has broken, the console wont load up past the musical startup. emailed sony and they said to call them tomorrow, fun times. im fuckin devistated. this just adds to all the shit im experiencing atm.

edit: it lives,it fuckin lives. YESSSS im backin up the hdd and gettin on this dm haha
DuPz0r
Dobby is working night shift today so he can't make it.

See you guys in a bit.
Massacre
Dobby? The elf from Harry Potter?
DuPz0r
hell yeah.
Massacre
Fuckin' A. Didn't know they had 360's at Hogwarts.
TreeFitty
alright, which one of you tards over there decided to change the clocks at a different date than the US? mad.gif
trathen93
all the time is pretty much because of the brits haha. hence GMT. it happens, atleast other people can connect. poor me stuck offline haha
GLC
Lol, couldn't get in again. I survived like 30 minutes of Pre DM free mode faggotry, then sat in the lobby uninterrupted. Me and vice had bets on how long I'd survive. When the game started I immediately received the GTFO message.
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 22 2010, 07:02 PM) *
alright, which one of you tards over there decided to change the clocks at a different date than the US? mad.gif
Benjamin Franklin.
TreeFitty
Atleast by the next match we'll be back on the same time.
Marney1
bOnEs
$1946
18 Kills 16 Deaths

Vicey
$1883
18 Kills 9 Deaths

DuP
$1565
13 Kills 24 Deaths

Marney1
$1411
13 Kills 13 Deaths
DuPz0r
bOnEs $1946
Vicey $1883
DuPz $1565
Marney $1411

Pretty close match this time.

Ahh you beat me to it! You did bette rthis match marney. You seem to play better in smaller groups tongue.gif
Marney1
This was one of my better games and I actually really enjoyed it. The docks is one of my favourites for death matches and the dark stormy weather fitted really well with the sneaking around we were all doing. It's funny watching someone sneak past you in a crouching position then capping them from behind (Dup' tongue.gif ).
I had my headphones on and when I could here footsteps and gunfire it was easier to know where they were coming from.
@Vicey - When we were firing at eachother across the water it was like you were out of range, I had an AK what the hell did you have?
@bOnEs - I was looking down on you creeping past the containers by where the Combat Sniper spawns and I was on the highest one watching you but you were obscured for a bit because you kept right up against them. Then I missed you and it was lights out for me lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.