Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGTA DEATH MATCH V
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Marney1

Current Crown Holder

ViceMan

LEADERBOARD

Make sure you're online early to ensure you get invited!

Settings as chosen by last match winner:
Game: IV
Duration: 45 mins
Auto-Aim: Allow
Weapons: All (So we'll be starting with pistols.)
Police: Off
Traffic: Low
Pedestrians: Low
Blips: Off
Online I.D. Display: On
Reticule Health: On
Voice Chat: On
Respawn Distance: Medium
Respawn Time: 1 second
Time of Day: Evening
Weather: Rain

Confirmed Players

ViceMan*

bOnEs**

DuPz0r*

Marney1

PS Fanboy

t1nyt3rr4h

II--DOBBY--II

El-Nino

new major on the block

the best motherfucker ever

DEATH MATCH 6 April 5th The Lost & Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony?
TreeFitty
getting a head start i see
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 8 2010, 10:17 PM) *
getting a head start i see

Yeah, also what do you think of Match 6 being EFLC?
TreeFitty
oh shit. true true. we'll have to see how many people have the DLC though.
Marney1
I'll probably still be playing TL&D though but I suppose it'll be up to the winner of Match 5.

Settings please Vicey! serial.gif
new major on the block
Count me in, but this time please let me in the game wen i'm only a few minutes late. I mean traffic is traffic dry.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (new major on the block @ Mar 9 2010, 01:27 AM) *
Count me in, but this time please let me in the game wen i'm only a few minutes late. I mean traffic is traffic dry.gif

And rules are rules, get on a few minutes earlier.
TreeFitty
or request through someone else who is actually nice.
Marney1
Settings updated.

Duration: 1939 - 1945
Auto-Aim: On
Weapons: Xyclon B
Police: SS
Traffic: Trains
Pedestrians: Jews
Blips: Nah
Online I.D. Display: Star Of David
Reticule Health: None
Voice Chat: Hebrew
Respawn Distance: As far as possible
Respawn Time: Never
Time of Day: All Day
Weather: Raining Ash
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 8 2010, 09:34 PM) *
Settings updated.

so i see. didn't realize Alex would be joining us. (or would that be the other way around?...)
Marney1
Make sure you're online early to ensure you get invited! < In OP! mellow.gif I can't believe we're even discussing this.
ViceMan
Shit, now i've got to host the next one. As for the location i'm either thinking Docks or Broker... I'll let the majority decide on that one.

Location: Docks/Broker (YOU DECIDE! *call 0800 123 4567 to vote, calls charged at 7.50 per minute.)
Duration: 45 mins (obviously)
Auto-Aim: Allow
Weapons: All (So we'll be starting with pistols.)
Police: Nein/Off
Traffic: Low
Pedestrians: Low
Blips: Nein/Off
Online I.D. Display: On
Reticule Health: On
Voice Chat: On
Respawn Distance: Medium
Respawn Time: 1 second
Time of Day: Evening
Weather: Rain

I'm not winning this one, cause I don't plan on getting EfLC on the day of release, so I probabaly won't be playing in the next one. Make sure you win this time bOnEs.
Marney1
If you win this match you can choose IV instead, winner's choice.
ViceMan
Well, i'll make sure I don't win cause I know how you'd all like to play TBoGT or TL&D. Besides I can't risk winning two. Second place is good for me.
Marney1
DOCKS
TreeFitty
docks.

and don't be a pussy. choose IV for #6
Edgecrusher
Yeah, I'm in. But I see you've already added me. tongue.gif Won't be late this time either. I haven't got an excuse TBF, just bad memory/retardedness. Probably won't have the money to get EFLC straight away, but I'll let yous know when I've got it.
trathen93
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 9 2010, 01:09 AM) *
@bOnEd - trathen is my fellow scouser DirtyWorkz aka El-Nino.

I had to change the name back, for marney. haha. I honestly dont know why i changed it to dirtyworkz anyway.

so im in as always, just hoping that i can connect in the next one.

ps. when is somebody going to choose the airport as the location, seriously?
bOnEs
hey marney, did you see this post i made in the other thread?

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...t&p=1556739
Ex-PS Fanboy
Funny how I'm confirmed without saying I am. But I am confirming that I'm coming
bOnEs
i too confirm my confirmation that is confirmed... but, i am not completely on board with playing EFLC in the next match... i think we need another couple of weeks with the game before we attempt to use it... plus, give the other people that play in this tourney a chance to get the game and play some of it as well...

when we do make the switch though, we'll want to start out with TL&D... sure BOGT has interior deathmatches but, those can wait... we all know we're playing TL&D first biggrin.gif... so, let's go with what is currently familiar...

EDIT: ohh, and i choose the docks... especially if there are no blips... broker is too big for no blips...
trathen93
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 9 2010, 05:18 PM) *
EDIT: ohh, and i choose the docks... especially if there are no blips... broker is too big for no blips...

suppose thats a good choice. broker is pretty big no matter what, so minus the blips its huge. ive never actually played the docks before in a dm. so it should be very good.

oh, for anyone who wants to get EFLC its at a good price on amazon (uk)

Link: Grand Theft Auto : Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) @ Amazon.co.uk
ViceMan
Seems the general consensus is docks. Docks it is.

QUOTE (El-Nino @ Mar 9 2010, 03:50 PM) *
ps. when is somebody going to choose the airport as the location, seriously?

Too overused, it's boring.
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Mar 9 2010, 05:48 PM) *
ive never actually played the docks before in a dm. so it should be very good.

Yeah I think this'll be the first DM i've played at the docks.

Oh and bOnEs;
vicey is tha shizzle man... good job on staying hidden all match.. although, i finally found you back by the boat... if there's one kill that gave me satisfaction all match it was that one biggrin.gif... i guess gold gets postponed for one more match...

I wasn't really hidden that much, if you remember I got you a fair few times while you were running around. When I was in the boat i'd only been there for about 5 seconds before you appeared and killed me. I tried to get on top of the gantry after that seeing as how there were no snipers (except Marney a few times) and it gave me a good range. I only seem to be hidden because i'm always crouched.
TreeFitty
sniper-only match at the airport. mellow.gif

...later.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 9 2010, 07:22 PM) *
sniper-only match at the airport. mellow.gif

...later.

You sig-editing... modded bastard.
TreeFitty
laugh.gif technically you should hate bOnEs for encouraging my ideas.
ViceMan
Anyway Narmey, when you're ready. I think Docks is the chosen location.
TreeFitty
done. i'll update the board as well.

done.
DuPz0r
Cool. Docks it is. I'm not sure but i think i'll be getting the GTA expansions the week after release. Just because of money situation.
ViceMan
"I don't love you, I just love yo' sweet sweet ass."
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 9 2010, 04:13 PM) *

What a dick.

I love you TreeFitty...
TreeFitty
QUOTE (E_Z @ Mar 9 2010, 04:34 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 9 2010, 04:13 PM) *

What a dick.

I love you TreeFitty...

wub.gif there will never be an "everyone vs fanboy" match.
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 9 2010, 03:52 PM) *
hey marney, did you see this post i made in the other thread?

http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...t&p=1556739

Yes I saw it. We were already 'in-game ' though and what I'm really saying is that if you're not in the lobby for the start then don't be surprised if you don't don't get an invite. My message announcements are turned off so it's not worth asking me for an invite because I'm not going to stop to check for messages while I'm playing and you'll be lucky if anyone else feels they have the time to do it either.
I don't mind if late comers join but it's better to be at the bus stop before the bus leaves.
bOnEs
yea, i kept getting messages monday but, i couldn't be bothered to reply since i was in the middle of a match... just add a few people from here and i'm sure one of us will take the time to try to invite you..

@treefitty - i finally, FINALLY know what your name is from!! i saw an episode of south park last night where i kept hearing it... it's that damn lock-ness monster, isn't it? he always needs about tree fitty laugh.gif...

@ viceman - i saw you back by the boat a couple times... no matter if you just got there or not, i saw you go in there so, i stalked you... i figured you stayed crouched the whole match... i personally can't do that... the characters move too slow... i tend to crouch once i spot someone or when i am maneuvering around corners and catwalks...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 10 2010, 03:40 PM) *
i figured you stayed crouched the whole match... i personally can't do that... the characters move too slow... i tend to crouch once i spot someone or when i am maneuvering around corners and catwalks...

I weighed up the pros and cons - the coloured circle disappears, which is a big target. I'd sacrifice a bit of speed to remain hidden.

Crouch, keep moving while keeping your finger on the lock-on button, sweeping with your weapon and looking out for coloured circles, then heading towards them while repeating the process. Acquiring weapons if possible. (Although I find the MP5 is more than ideal for most situations, but I like to have the comfort of the M4 so I can outrange people if need be.) That's pretty much my strategy.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 10 2010, 10:40 AM) *
@treefitty - i finally, FINALLY know what your name is from!! i saw an episode of south park last night where i kept hearing it... it's that damn lock-ness monster, isn't it? he always needs about tree fitty laugh.gif...

You're just figuring this out now? That has to be the oldest joke in history, I've know it since I was like 5.
bOnEs
QUOTE (E_Z @ Mar 10 2010, 11:29 AM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 10 2010, 10:40 AM) *

You're just figuring this out now? That has to be the oldest joke in history, I've know it since I was like 5.

hey, i've seen so many south park episodes that i forget the little things like that...
ViceMan
I hope GLC doesn't intend on playing, me and him have a history of trying to join each other's games; if I create a game he gets disconnected after a few minutes, and if he makes one I get disco'd too.
TreeFitty
lulz I never made it a secret either. tongue.gif I make a good amount of South Park references anyway.

aww vicey took his crown out of his sig...
bOnEs
vicey, just put the damn icon in your sig... it's your reward for sneaking around charge island...
ViceMan
Fine, as long as I get to take it off soon.
bOnEs
just as soon as you lose the next match...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 10 2010, 09:23 PM) *
just as soon as you lose the next match...

That was what I meant.
TreeFitty
well, at least stop bOnEs from winning while you're not winning...
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 10 2010, 09:41 PM) *
well, at least stop bOnEs from winning while you're not winning...

Can't you do that? Not winning requires a lot of concentration.
TreeFitty
I haven't been around for these things. Oh! I know, bOnEs is on a lot so get bOnEs to stop bOnEs from winning. thumbup.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 10 2010, 10:06 PM) *
I haven't been around for these things. Oh! I know, bOnEs is on a lot so get bOnEs to stop bOnEs from winning. thumbup.gif

bOnEs is good, I bet he'd fuck bOnEs up good! Hang on, that would be like playing yourself - with yourself?
bOnEs
focusing your attention on one person tends to not work very well... it leaves you vulnerable to attacks from other players because your not paying attention to them... just play the game and worry about yourself... and treefitty, play the damn game for once... your in these conversations like you've been playing with us all along...
TreeFitty
i have been on the inside. sad.gif
Marney1
I'm starting to really look forward to our iGTA matches there's nothing better than playing GTA with people you sort of know. It's revived my interest in GTA. I think we should have an hour long free mode at the airport someday just to race around and fuck cars up. Or get on the swing glitch together - that's alwas fun. OR - we could challenge another site to a Team Death Match.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.