Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six Days In Fallujah
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Marney1
IGN

TreeFitty
Wonder who (what publisher) will pick it up.
Marney1
Publishers will be weighing up the pros & cons of have their name connected to what will sure be a very controversial release. It'll most likely be a good investment but the flack they'll get from the media will be immense.
It's stupid that you can watch a documentry/movie but can't play one without do-gooders jumping on the bandwagon. There will probably be future lawsuits to consider because some veteran has capped himself after seeing his nightmare on TV again or something.
TreeFitty
Take Two probably won't touch it. EA definitely won't (although we could be surprised). Activision might not. Probably get another foreign company to take it.

it looks like a pretty good game from what we can see of it.
Heartless
Well, I'm hard.
Marney1
I reckon some big company directors will take it on by using another smaller firm to front it that way they might just escape a direct media assault.
TreeFitty
meh, I think those that bitched to begin with will be following this game wherever it goes or whoever takes it.

oh! wanna start a game publishing business? they said the game is done just looking to publish. tongue.gif
Heartless
If only I had a couple million dollars.
TreeFitty
Need cash fast? Create stock and gamble with everyone else's money. thumbup.gif

speaking of which, I wonder if Atomic Games had stock... might be going back up.
Marney1

Top Ten Controversial Games
TreeFitty
lol @ the multicolored PS controller. I think the only reason this game is so "controversial" is because it's about [very] recent things.
PabloHoneyOle
Killing Iraqis in videogames? Sign me up.
Heartless
I'd like to see a game set in Mosul, lol.
Edgecrusher

Nice new screens of "GTA IV." dry.gif
Heartless
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 3 2010, 07:23 AM) *

I didn't know that L4D2 was considered racist because they had black zombies. Cause, you know, niggers are immune to the H1Z1 virus, right? I think that's fair, zombieness is a whites only disease, and AIDs is a blacks only disease. "We shall overcome!"
Massacre
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 2 2010, 04:58 PM) *

That whole list is fucking retarded. None of those real games deserved any of the controversy they got, and the two independent games don't belong on that list because they're not part of the mainstream gaming industry in the first place. Plus, the graphics are shit.

That being said, I'm glad this game is getting back on track, I was disgusted when Konami bitched out and refused to publish it.
Pieface
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 3 2010, 05:54 PM) *

That whole list is fucking retarded. None of those real games deserved any of the controversy they got, and the two independent games don't belong on that list because they're not part of the mainstream gaming industry in the first place. Plus, the graphics are shit.

That being said, I'm glad this game is getting back on track, I was disgusted when Konami bitched out and refused to publish it.

Where the hell is the most controversial game to come out? Postal 2?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 3 2010, 07:23 AM) *

lol I figured at least the video was going to be IV. Nope. laugh.gif
Massacre
QUOTE (Pieface @ Mar 3 2010, 05:27 PM) *

Exactly. You can use a cat as a silencer and piss on people's corpses, but it's not even mentioned nowadays. People would rather bitch about the fact that there are black zombies - in Africa.
Pieface
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 4 2010, 05:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Pieface @ Mar 3 2010, 05:27 PM) *

Exactly. You can use a cat as a silencer and piss on people's corpses, but it's not even mentioned nowadays. People would rather bitch about the fact that there are black zombies - in Africa.

I find L4D2 most laughable. There are whtie Zombies, yeah okay but omg dey aded da blck Zumbee's, dey musd b racist!!1!
Massacre
I guess it's racist to assume that minorities are capable of being undead. Besides, I'm more bothered by the zombie clowns.
Edgecrusher
If there were no black zombies, the developers would be accused of racism for leaving them out. dry.gif
TreeFitty
just get rid of minorities in video games completely. problem solved. wink.gif

and perhaps if they replaced the guns in '6 days' with cats, there would be less of an issue... hmmm....
Pieface
I really need to play Postal 2.
Heartless
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 4 2010, 02:57 PM) *
If there were no black zombies, the developers would be accused of racism for leaving them out. dry.gif

The irony of that statement is that it simply isn't true. Zombie culture has always been staffed with whites, despite it's colonial Caribbean roots. The original charge of the zombie genre wasn't the molandering onslaught of inevitable death - but instead the inexorable march of the white plight and the white mans burden. Eventually, they postulated, the earth from space wouldn't look like a little blue ball, but instead appear like a recently filled crapper.
Edgecrusher
That's as well as may be in the case of L4D2, but take a game like Resi 5 with a setting in an area populated largely by blacks, now leave them out of the game. There would be complaints.
Marney1
Would there be complaints of racism if we had a war game that involved Nigeria fighting Sweden over a newly discovered desserted island? (Purely for example)
Heartless
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 5 2010, 07:57 AM) *
That's as well as may be in the case of L4D2, but take a game like Resi 5 with a setting in an area populated largely by blacks, now leave them out of the game. There would be complaints.

I thought black people came from the Bronx, surely.

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Mar 5 2010, 08:21 AM) *
Would there be complaints of racism if we had a war game that involved Nigeria fighting Sweden over a newly discovered desserted island? (Purely for example)

Surely you jest. Why would anyone fight over an island with jam and cake?
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Red Right Hand @ Mar 5 2010, 12:35 PM) *

Actually a good part (mainly top half) of the Bronx is white.

And most war games have whites vs colored.
Heartless
Sure, it's like Manhattans top hat. Little Jamaica then.
Edgecrusher
QUOTE (Red Right Hand @ Mar 5 2010, 05:35 PM) *
tongue.gif south cental, nigguh!
Just Jam and cake? Dunno, but if there was an abundant supply of tea leaves, the English would be pulling out of Afghanistan as we speak...
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 5 2010, 03:15 PM) *

I thought it was just a Puerto Rican spawn point.
Heartless
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 6 2010, 12:20 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 5 2010, 03:15 PM) *

I thought it was just a Puerto Rican spawn point.

No, that's the Brooklyn projects. No doubt.

QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 6 2010, 07:38 AM) *
QUOTE (Red Right Hand @ Mar 5 2010, 05:35 PM) *
tongue.gif south cental, nigguh!
Just Jam and cake? Dunno, but if there was an abundant supply of tea leaves, the English would be pulling out of Afghanistan as we speak...

For God, Glory, Gold and... Earl Grey?
Massacre
Earl Grey > God
DuPz0r
Who was the original publishers? I can see Ubisoft taking over this game tbh.

or maybe Konami, seeing as they did the MGS series, and silent hill and all which seemed pretty heavy.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Mar 6 2010, 04:44 PM) *
Konami

^them^
DuPz0r
oh ok lol.

Yeah i still think Ubisoft have the guts to bring this out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.