Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you completed the game?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA III Series > GTA III
Jacko
I,ve lately gotten my interest back in this game and plan to complete it 100% at some point and really wanted to start GTA conversations after all this a GTA forum. I've completed the storyline multiple times but the most precious prize is still missing which all the hardcore GTA-players go after, the 100% completion. Just finding the Hidden packages can be troublesome in this game because you dont have a ingame map to help you out so without screenshots finding those packages can be difficult. So my suggestion is following: Add some screenshots of the packages into the Guides-section like you have with the flying rats and stuff. Also in which platform are you playing it? I used to have the PS2-version but now I'm only playing the Xbox-version because the PC-version wont perform propably on my crappy computer.
TreeFitty
100% for PS2. After VC I used to spend a Saturday once in a while going through the story missions of GTA3. Just for the heck of it.

Also, I don't think you are supposed to be able to vote for more than one thing. unsure.gif
Jacko
I have completed VC but will complete GTA III after I find a good guide with screenshots to help me find all the Hidden packages. And you can vote multiple options if you like. smile.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
100% all PS2s. GTA III was by far the easiest.
Jacko
Yeah I'm startin my 100% gamecompletion tonight and try scounting some Hidden Packages guides. If you happen to know any could you PM me a link or just post here. The storylinemissions are great in this game and the story is so good It wont propably take me even a week to complete the game 100%.
Massacre
I've completed all of the missions, but there's really no reason to 100% it.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Jacko @ Feb 26 2010, 12:10 PM) *
Yeah I'm startin my 100% gamecompletion tonight and try scounting some Hidden Packages guides. If you happen to know any could you PM me a link or just post here. The storylinemissions are great in this game and the story is so good It wont propably take me even a week to complete the game 100%.

I'm sure there's probably a few on the site here.
Jacko
QUOTE (E_Z @ Feb 26 2010, 11:48 PM) *
QUOTE (Jacko @ Feb 26 2010, 12:10 PM) *

I'm sure there's probably a few on the site here.

Yeah sure there are guides for the game but all the guides available are meant to help you out with the storymissions but I dont need help with them. We all know GTA3 is Psy's favourite game. Maybe he could do some guides with screenshots and stuff when he's got some freetime. How about it guidemeister?
§ynch
100% completion three times.

Twice on PS2, once on PC.

Jacko
QUOTE (§ynch @ Mar 3 2010, 04:23 AM) *

Hey §ynch are those screenshots from the PC-version of the game and if they are they look pretty good and after seeing them made want to start playing the game even more.
Surely we believe you've completed the game with out any phographic evidence. wink.gif

Did you happen to use guides made by G-Unleashed?
§ynch
QUOTE (Jacko @ Mar 3 2010, 01:12 AM) *

Hey §ynch are those screenshots from the PC-version of the game and if they are they look pretty good and after seeing them made want to start playing the game even more.
Surely we believe you've completed the game with out any phographic evidence. wink.gif

Those are lo-res screen shots from my PC game.
No capability on PS2.

No guides really, but lots of testing.
I looked at some basic maps for the off-road challenges, back on PS2.
Pretty difficult at first, but after my 2nd 100%, it was just memory recall.
Fairly tricky at first, but in the end, good old GTA challenges.
No videos but the maps made me take a closer look.

I think there was a guy in the U.K. who made a hidden package
map but in reality the only ones that are tricky are over-head.
Back then it was a blast as I was admin at GTA Domain.
We would make our own FAQs and coach players on getting 100%.
[Some of the old San Andreas guides I made, I posted here]
A real tight group of friends, but much smaller than this forum.

Also note there is a well known patch needed for the PC version of GTA:III,
which fixes the draw distance for the mission "Bomb Da Base Part II",
and some other problems.

The Purple Nines glitch was the most infamous- it was a very big deal on PS2.

Jacko
QUOTE (§ynch @ Mar 7 2010, 12:28 AM) *
QUOTE (Jacko @ Mar 3 2010, 01:12 AM) *

Those are lo-res screen shots from my PC game.
No capability on PS2.

No guides really, but lots of testing.
I looked at some basic maps for the off-road challenges, back on PS2.
Pretty difficult at first, but after my 2nd 100%, it was just memory recall.
Fairly tricky at first, but in the end, good old GTA challenges.
No videos but the maps made me take a closer look.

I think there was a guy in the U.K. who made a hidden package
map but in reality the only ones that are tricky are over-head.
Back then it was a blast as I was admin at GTA Domain.
We would make our own FAQs and coach players on getting 100%.
[Some of the old San Andreas guides I made, I posted here]
A real tight group of friends, but much smaller than this forum.

and some other problems.

Wow... you were an admin back at the GTADomain? ohmy.gif Anyway I think I will use the help of the good old Gamefaqs. Havent started playing the game yet because the lack of sparetime. Sorry if I speak off the topic but I'm asking this because I'm going to play the Xbox-version of the game and want to listen to my own songs when I start my playthrough. You dont happen to remember which CD-format the old Xbox supports so I can add the songs from the CD into the harddrive of the Xbox. RW+ or RW- or just R as "Recordable"?
this game was so incredibly easy after a few years of thinking that it was actually hard ( this was the first GTA i ever played ) but, now, maybe it wouldnt be so bad to make an attempt at 100%
§ynch
QUOTE (gamingismylife @ Jul 19 2010, 06:04 AM) *
maybe it wouldnt be so bad to make an attempt at 100%

Go for it dude.

That's the challenge we send to you.

Most of us were 100% years ago, while many thought just finishing the storyline was "beating the game".

Quite the contrary. The side missions are what make the man. The off-road challenges are grinders.

Join the 100% club. GTAIII is definitely the way to start, followed by VC, SA, LCS, VCS, and GTA:IV.
demon
QUOTE (§ynch @ Mar 6 2010, 10:28 PM) *
and some other problems.

Hey man! smile.gif

Can you confirm that they fixed the PS2 glitches? I want to buy the PS2 version. If the glitch was that bad then I guess they must have released a patched version, but I don't know how to tell an unpatched version from a patched version.

§ynch
QUOTE (demon @ Sep 6 2010, 01:14 PM) *
QUOTE (§ynch @ Mar 6 2010, 10:28 PM) *
and some other problems.

Hey man! smile.gif

Can you confirm that they fixed the PS2 glitches? I want to buy the PS2 version. If the glitch was that bad then I guess they must have released a patched version, but I don't know how to tell an unpatched version from a patched version.

The Purple Nines glitch for the PS2 was never fixed.

We always used a "work-around". You can Google it, or check stickies on many GTA forums.
Of course we had a sticky on the old Domain.

The glitch will only be a threat if you start a new game after D-Ice's missions
(Completed the game once before.)

The PNG prevents you from finishing D-Ice's first mission, hence the term Purple Nines Glitch, or PNG.
(Which means, it will prevent you from finishing the game 100%)

There is a good write-up over at GamesFaq:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/466217-grand-t...-iii/faqs/18503
If the above link doesn't work for you search Google for it and select the GamesFaq write-up by gtafreak420.
His FAQ mentions the slot 8 trick which always worked for me, because I played multiple times.

I don't like the other method, nor did any of us at the old Domain....
The "removal and re-insertion" of the memory card trick is too cumbersome, so we use the slot 8 save method.

Basically if you have completed the game before, the PS2 memory detects that.
What you need to do is start a new game, and save after first mission in save slot 8.
Do not EVER erase that save, and you should be fine. Anytime you want to start a new game,
load up save 8, and play, saving only in other save slots 1-7.

That's all there is to it.
The theory is - if you have ever encountered the gang you need to wipe out
(as in, your previous game) then they will not appear.

QUOTE (gtafreak420)
Right off the bat, if you are a new player and haven't got
a GTA3 block on your card yet, start a new game, finish the
initial mission ("Luigi's Girls") and save your game to
slot 8. This file should be a clean new game now, with the
Nines intact. Do not ever save over top of it. If you ever
want to start a new game, load this file instead of
choosing "New Game" from the pause menu. This will prevent
you from getting the Purple Nines glitch at any point.

demon
Thanks alot for the info §ynch! I'll probably get it for PS2 then, but I'll still consider the pc version.

Any other unpatched bugs that makes one of the platforms (pc / ps2) more/less preferable than the other?

§ynch
QUOTE (demon @ Oct 4 2010, 05:14 PM) *
Thanks alot for the info §ynch! I'll probably get it for PS2 then, but I'll still consider the pc version.

Any other unpatched bugs that makes one of the platforms (pc / ps2) more/less preferable than the other?

For the PS2 version of GTA:III - That is the only real issue mang.
That is all, not to worry, if you understand what it is and what to do.
You should be good to go. smile.gif

For the PC versions of GTA games, the real problems I had were:

1) GTA:III mission Bomb Da Base Part 2
2) GTA:VC mission Dirty Lickens

For the GTA:III mission, there is a patch, and you must adjust your draw distance.
This is to allow you to be able to snipe the vatos off the boat so 8-Ball can enter the boat.
Once you have the right combination, the mission can be completed and it's no problemo.

For the Vice City mission, I never found a fix. It sucks ass beyond belief.
I tried everything, the draw distance, the angle, using the adrenaline pill,
not using the adrenaline pill, everything, he will not be able to shoot the sniper rifle.
Maybe a later version of the VC game fixed this, but I never found a fix.
That really sucked ass. If you find a solution for PC, let me know.
I loved the game on PC because I could make killer screen shots of me stunting.
That and other cool things that I find in the game. In the end, it's all I could do.
I really wanted to get 100% completion on PC like I did on console.
TreeFitty
I remember having an issue with the purple guys not showing up. Somehow fixed it for myself. One of these days I'll pop III back in and have some fun. smile.gif
demon
QUOTE (§ynch @ Oct 9 2010, 05:04 AM) *
2) GTA:VC mission Dirty Lickens

For the Vice City mission, I never found a fix. It sucks ass beyond belief.
I tried everything, the draw distance, the angle, using the adrenaline pill,
not using the adrenaline pill, everything, he will not be able to shoot the sniper rifle.
Maybe a later version of the VC game fixed this, but I never found a fix.
That really sucked ass. If you find a solution for PC, let me know.
I loved the game on PC because I could make killer screen shots of me stunting.
That and other cool things that I find in the game. In the end, it's all I could do.
I really wanted to get 100% completion on PC like I did on console.

Dirty Lickens is only a side mission, right? huh.gif

I will get the PS2 versions, the GTA3 Purple Nines glitch is not too bad if you know how to work around it. And I believe the Dualshock controller is better than keyboard and mouse.

The PS2 have some ports I have never used, two of them are USB ports. Can it be connected to a pc and take screenshots on the pc screen? Ability to take screenshots is one of the two things I miss on my PS2 (the other being larger save capacity).

§ynch
QUOTE (demon @ Oct 9 2010, 04:04 PM) *
Dirty Lickens is only a side mission, right? huh.gif

I will get the PS2 versions, the GTA3 Purple Nines glitch is not too bad if you know how to work around it. And I believe the Dualshock controller is better than keyboard and mouse.

The PS2 have some ports I have never used, two of them are USB ports. Can it be connected to a pc and take screenshots on the pc screen? Ability to take screenshots is one of the two things I miss on my PS2 (the other being larger save capacity).

No that's the problem, Dirty Lickens is a main story mission for Auntie Poulette.
The gun won't fire, so you won't be able to complete the mission.
I finally gave up since I already had 100% twice on the other format, PS2, already.

About the controller, back then I was able to use a USB PS2-type controller for the PC.

When I moved over to the XB 360 Elite, then I became interested in the Fallout series.
Trying to play on PC with a similar set up, there was no longer USB XBox-type controllers,
the only thing available was a USB hub that allowed you to use your real XBox wireless controller.
I have major storage drives on my USB ports so that hogs up all the USB power,
and I never got the little hub device to work, and wasn't about to remove my disks.

I never investigated the USB ports on the PS2 - that may be a good idea to research it. cool.gif

MrPikmin16
I honestly would've finished the storyline missions but since I have an old copy with the DMA design logo still on it, the game tends to freeze often so I can never finish!!! sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.