Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zombieland
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
bOnEs
i saw this saturday night and plan on watching it again today before i send it back in to netflix biggrin.gif... decent action, good acting, fun story and just fun and entertaining throughout... this is now one of my favorite zombie movies, right behind "return of the living dead 2"...

woody is brilliant in this one, one of his best roles in a movie for me... i still liked him in kingpin more but, this is just as good of a performance... abigail bresslin was a surprise, didn't expect to see her in this movie... but, the michael cera clone was pretty good as well... i might actually like this guy more than michael cera and i don't even know his name!! and emma stone is sexy... and who can forget bill murray's cameo?!

it's currently carrying a 4.5/5 star rating on netflix, which means most of the public likes this movie as well... if you haven't see it yet, please do so ASAP... it's an hour and a half of entertaining fun...
PabloHoneyOle
Been meaning to check this out, if I see it at a Redbox, might pick it up.

I'm a huge Shaun of the Dead fan.
DuPz0r
I watched this a while back. Pretty funny film. I loved it. But then again i generally love zombie based films so my opinion is a bit biased.

Oh and Shaun of the Dead is epic. Pure genius in terms of comedy!
bOnEs
shaun of the dead was a pretty good one... i tend to like zombie comedies over the drama ones... the whole concept is funny to begin with, might as well make fun of itself laugh.gif...
Heartless
First - Woody Harrelson's finest work is tied between Natural Born Killers and Cheers. Fact.

Anyways, so long as you ignore everything you've ever heard about zombies and zombie fiction, this can be a great ride. The beginning has it's ups and downs and is generally funny, but the ending will leave you feeling a little ill. They should have concentrated on making a tight comedy, but instead that transitioned into a romance. (Side note: Why is everything a fucking romance these days? Cowboys, soldiers, boxers, gah.) Anyways, yeah. Really good first half, really funny cameo. I wouldn't see it again though.
Hardcore Ottoman
I have to agree with Heartless. I don't feel the urge to watch it again, but I definitely remembered enjoying it.
TheAnalogKid2112
Great movie. Short but sweet. I have it saved on my PS3 so it's fun to pop on every once in a while when I'm stoned. Bill Murray's cameo is fucking CLASSIC!
DuPz0r
Bill Murray is epic. I think i only wanted to see this at first because he was in it. XD.png
Hardcore Ottoman
I didn't even know he was in it, so that really surprised me when I saw him.
Massacre
I don't see the big deal with finding Twinkies. Dude shoulda been after the Fudge Rounds...
Spoiler
what a coincidence, i just watch it today. watchable but.. the last scene at the theme park spoiled it for me.

QUOTE (Pelican @ Mar 29 2010, 10:31 PM) *

same here and i knew he's gonna be killed when he tried to scare the shit out of columbus.
Hardcore Ottoman
I knew it too! I was so pissed that my gut feeling was right!

QUOTE (Spoiler @ Mar 30 2010, 12:26 PM) *
what a coincidence, i just watch it today. watchable but.. the last scene at the theme park spoiled it for me.

QUOTE (Pelican @ Mar 29 2010, 10:31 PM) *

same here and i knew he's gonna be killed when he tried to scare the shit out of columbus.
Qdeathstar
For such a great movie, the ending was disappointing. Lame and cliche..but i don't really guess there was anywhere else do go with it except for everyone dies which wouldn't have sucked even worse.
Massacre
I thought it was cool they set Tallahassee up for the badass sacrifice death and he ended up killing everything. Most movies let the badass die.
cuda is your boi
good start, gets stupidly boring in the end though.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (cuda is your boi @ Aug 24 2010, 01:56 PM) *
good start, gets stupidly boring in the end though.

Just like sex with your mother.
cuda is your boi
i have been waiting since august 24 for this.
Severus Snape
There were things I both liked and disliked about this movie. Overall, it's a good flick. One of my favorite recent zombie movies (by recent, I mean in the last 10 or so years). The "Return of the Living Dead" and "Resident Evil" franchises are really killing this genre of movie, and it sucks balls.

Woody is great in this movie. Bill Murray is a hoot.

The beginning was great. When I got this I popped it in and started jamming out to Metallica. The ending, however, was lame. "Well, Tallahassee just killed everything in sight, even though he was locked in some little arcade booth with what amounts to a limitless amount of ammo, and I got the girls off the drop ride, so let's all get in the truck and try driving east." Lame. But as someone said, the only other option was for everyone to die. Which may not have been a bad idea having seen the ending they gave us.

All in all, 7.5 out of 10. Zombies and Woody Harrelson. Thank god for rednecks!
Qdeathstar
It was better than Resident Evil, but for what Resident Evil is, a video game turned movie, it is also pretty good.
Heartless
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Oct 9 2010, 07:37 PM) *
It was better than Resident Evil, but for what Resident Evil is, a video game turned movie, it is also pretty good.

LOL - the plane that can fly from Alaska to LA in seconds and never runs low on fuel. And makes no noise whatsoever. Funniest shit I seen all year.
Massacre
I don't even consider the Resident Evil series to be video game movies. They're not really tied into the games much at all. We need a reboot, and keep Milla Jovovich's foxy ass out of it this time.
bOnEs
i didn't even bother with the 4th resident evil... the third one was enough to say, "that's it, i'm done"... what they need to is make another silent hill movie because to me, that's the best video-game adaptation... they're in the works right now on an "uncharted: drake's fortune" movie, which could end up being the best one but, knowing hollywood, they're going to ruin a hollywood-like video game when they try to hollywood-ize it... ya dig??
Pieface
I liked the Tomb Raider movies, they weren't bad.
Massacre
QUOTE (Pieface @ Oct 12 2010, 06:26 AM) *
I liked the Tomb Raider movies, they weren't bad.

That's some siggable quote right thur.
DiO
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Oct 11 2010, 09:49 PM) *
i didn't even bother with the 4th resident evil... the third one was enough to say, "that's it, i'm done"... what they need to is make another silent hill movie because to me, that's the best video-game adaptation... they're in the works right now on an "uncharted: drake's fortune" movie, which could end up being the best one but, knowing hollywood, they're going to ruin a hollywood-like video game when they try to hollywood-ize it... ya dig??

Uncharted is such an easy adaptation cause the game is so cinematic. If they fuck it upI've lost all faith in modern film.

I agree with silent hill being the best. It really stayed true to the game.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938330/

Biiah /\
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.