Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGTA Death Match (XBox)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Marney1
Post Here To Be Included In The 1st iGTA XB Deathmatch

MONDAY MARCH 15th

SETTINGS

Game: IV, TL&D or TBoGT? - Majority agreement is final!
Duration: 30 minute
Auto-Aim: Off
Weapons: Powerful
Police: Off
Traffic: Medium
Pedestrians: Low
Blips: On
Online I.D. Display: On
Reticule Health: On
Voice Chat: On
Respawn Distance: Medium
Respawn Time: 1 Second
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Clear

Confirmed Players

Jacko
Stoic
Duffman
therealcbc John Merrick
HoT dEv1L 666
Jacko
Over here's your first recruit because atleast I'm interested and definitely in.
Marney1
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 14 2010, 02:02 PM) *
Over here's your first recruit because atleast I'm interested and definitely in.

Well it's a start but you can't play on your own. happy.gif
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 14 2010, 06:35 AM) *
...- PS3 Monday 15th then XBox Monday 22nd etc.

psst! switch the dates!
Jacko
Maybe you should release your own calendar of events with rules and stuff like Rockstar Games. smile.gif
Or maybe it would get too complicated doing a calendar like that I dont know. unsure.gif
TreeFitty
it's not that hard to understand. and compeltely not worth it aside from just listing the dates (as is done with the PS3 match).
Jacko
Any new info on this Xbox event? I'm suprised why only a few members have signed up in this topic. ohmy.gif
Sure there are more Xbox 360 owners than PS3 owners in this forum. PS. I'm not trying to be a fanboy it's just my presumption. And if this ever happens to take off how will we play these games? Do we play the original GTA IV or The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. Or make just separate events for each game?
Marney1
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 23 2010, 01:47 PM) *
Any new info on this Xbox event? I'm suprised why only a few members have signed up in this topic. ohmy.gif
Sure there are more Xbox 360 owners than PS3 owners in this forum. PS. I'm not trying to be a fanboy it's just my presumption. And if this ever happens to take off how will we play these games? Do we play the original GTA IV or The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. Or make just separate events for each game?

You're on your own here Timothey, but if it ever gets off the ground I suppose TBoGT would be the one to use. The winner gets to choose which game it is anyway as long as it's part of GTA IV - GTA IV itself or one of the DLC's.
That option is in the settings.

More interest is needed for the XBox version though so if anyone else joins you I'll set a date and see if it attracts more players. smile.gif
PabloHoneyOle
If I'm online, send me an invite.
Jacko
You're on your own here Timothey, but if it ever gets off the ground I suppose TBoGT would be the one to use. The winner gets to choose which game it is anyway as long as it's part of GTA IV - GTA IV itself or one of the DLC's.

Excellent idea Marney I would've never thought of that and that way we get to play all the versions of IV-era. Now we only need to get more members and decide which price to use after three round wins. Free Gold upgrade sounds still nice so we may aswell give that to the winner. happy.gif You know Marney you could edit this topic into more noticeable like the ones with the PS3-version so that way when people see the first post it will attract more attention among 360 owners. And after that Tree Fitty could make a leaderboard for Xbox events and maybe he could make the Xbox iGTA-matchpics a little different than the PS3 events. They're are all ready cool now but add something green there, you know get the Xbox feel and make owners of the console feel themselves like home.
TreeFitty
Work on getting people first. Then the details will follow.
The Awesome One
I'm in.

Gamertag:therealcc
Marney1
Now this will never happen ^ doh (12).gif
The Awesome One
When's it starting?
TreeFitty
whenever there's enough people and a date is set. How's next Monday night?
Marney1
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Feb 23 2010, 10:38 PM) *
When's it starting?

Don't mean to sound a cunt but read the other posts.
Jacko
If you count me marney1, Tree Fitty, Kaptain Kuntz and Stoic Person Eater we already got five players. Hooray!
TreeFitty
I don't have Xbox.
Jacko
Okay only four players then. What a bummer.
Edgecrusher
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 24 2010, 09:40 AM) *
I don't have Xbox.

^What he said.

DuffMan
Thanks for the PM. I'm interested but I don't have that much time and I can't play late at night very often. May have to count myself out.
Marney1
I thought the regular members of iGTA were more or less evenly split between PS3 & 360 owners with just a few favouring PC's. Can anyone be bothered making a list of which members prefer which console/pc?
Jacko
I've been hard at work sending invitations only Xbox owners so I'm sure they will write into this topic if they're interested. Atleast I hope they do because I want an Xbox event. sad.gif
The Awesome One
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 23 2010, 11:00 PM) *
whenever there's enough people and a date is set. How's next Monday night?

I should be able to do that. All I need to find out now is how to convert american time into English time, and I should be fine.
TreeFitty
we're -5 to you. Or you're +5 to us. The PS3 match has been 6 PM EST or 11 PM GMT.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 24 2010, 10:38 PM) *
we're -5 to you. Or you're +5 to us. The PS3 match has been 6 PM EST or 11 PM GMT.

I'm guessing the times will be the same as the PS3 then?
Marney1
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Feb 24 2010, 10:48 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 24 2010, 10:38 PM) *

I'm guessing the times will be the same as the PS3 then?

Yes, and they'll be alternating Mondays.

@TF - Just a thought, are all the U.S members here in the EST time zone?
TreeFitty
Nope. Bones and New Major are another hour behind me. Analog is another hour on top that. And plenty of other people spread around.

Marney1
OK just wasn't sure if we should add other time zones for clarity but there doesn't appear to be anyone stupid enough to not know what EST and GMT mean.

@Jacko - I don't have a 360 either, just an account on my sisters 360 that's all.
Jacko
Visit your sister and play there if she's not too busy. smile.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Jacko @ Feb 25 2010, 07:50 AM) *
Visit your sister and play there if she's not too busy. smile.gif

I can't relax in her house it's like a fuckin' zoo, 4 cats a dog and a parrot all trying to get my attention not to mention my niece and nephew. Won't happen mate, unless I get my own 360.
Jacko
Well you can always get yourself a 360 of your own because they dont cost that much these days. Very cheap. But if we organise these Xbox thingies too will the order be like this: first Monday: Xbox 360 players and the second after it the PS3 players? Got that impression when reading other posts or correct me if I'm wrong.
Marney1
QUOTE (Jacko @ Feb 25 2010, 08:08 AM) *
Well you can always get yourself a 360 of your own because they dont cost that much these days. Very cheap. But if we organise these Xbox thingies too will the order be like this: first Monday: Xbox 360 players and the second after it the PS3 players? Got that impression when reading other posts or correct me if I'm wrong.

Very good Jacko!
Jacko
Thank you, thank you very much ladies and gentlemen and I hope we can get his Xbox thing rolling in the near future. Come on Xbox owners dont be shy, just post in the topic.
TreeFitty
I wish there was a way to list the members with PSN, XBL, etc from their profiles. Make a nice way to contact all those people for something like this. Also so Jacko doesn't PM 20 people that don't have Xbox. tongue.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 25 2010, 08:33 AM) *
I wish there was a way to list the members with PSN, XBL, etc from their profiles. Make a nice way to contact all those people for something like this. Also so Jacko doesn't PM 20 people that don't have Xbox. tongue.gif

Leave him alone....................he's from Finland.
TreeFitty
And slowly but surely we are getting him to understand us. wink.gif
Jacko

Actually I've been very strict to whom I've send these PM's and checked lately from everyones profiles if there's a mention about XBL gamertag. wink.gif
But yeah sending PM's to dozen of members can be pointless if their answer is every time the same: "I dont have a Xbox I love PS3", "I'm too busy" etc. Not to mention about the possibility of them giving their response.
TreeFitty
Atleast you're trying. Even Marney had to gain interests for the PS3 match.
Jacko
Maybe we could promote this thing by some other means too like make newspost about it or make comments about it to iGTA Deatmatch-page. It's surely worth a try.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Jacko @ Feb 25 2010, 03:51 AM) *
Maybe we could promote this thing by some other means too like make newspost about it or make comments about it to iGTA Deatmatch-page. It's surely worth a try.

doing that right now wink.gif

done: http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/news/websit...es-on-xbox-360/ see if we pick up anyone else. smile.gif
Marney1
I'll duplicate the OP to that of the PS3 one later and start adding the confirmed players. Got to go and get drunk, dance and fight now.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 25 2010, 11:50 AM) *
I'll duplicate the OP to that of the PS3 one later and start adding the confirmed players. Got to go and get drunk, dance and fight now.

So you're Luis Lopez? snf (31).gif
Jacko
That sounds about as close as you can get to mimick Luis Lopez "The Man" style. laugh.gif
Massacre
Replace "drunk" with "high" and "dance" with "rape," and you've got a great evening.
The Awesome One
I might have to rule myself out of this. The time is set for 11pm, I can't do that. Sorry.
Marney1
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Feb 27 2010, 10:41 PM) *
I might have to rule myself out of this. The time is set for 11pm, I can't do that. Sorry.

They're all going to be 11pm for members this side of the pond for the forseable future. It seems to be the most sensible time to play sorry.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 27 2010, 10:53 PM) *

They're all going to be 11pm for members this side of the pond for the forseable future. It seems to be the most sensible time to play sorry.

Ok. If I can get on I will, but its really unlikely.

Marney1
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ Feb 27 2010, 10:55 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Feb 27 2010, 10:53 PM) *

Ok. If I can get on I will, but its really unlikely.

Why what's up? Is it the elephants?
Jacko
Hmm... 11 pm sounds perfect to me and it's not that late yet so you dont have to worry about falling a sleep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.