Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGTA Match 3
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Marney1
Wanna join this match? Post your PSN name here!

iGTA DEATH MATCH 3

Game: IV
Duration: 45 mins
Auto-Aim: Allow
Weapons: Powerful
Police: Off
Traffic: Low
Pedestrians: Low
Blips: On
Online I.D. Display: On
Reticule Health: On
Voice Chat: On
Respawn Distance: Medium
Respawn Time: 1 Second
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Rain

yea that's right... rain biggrin.gif... i'm changing the dynamics a little... <<<[Quote bOnEs]

Confirmed Players

bOnEs
TreeFitty
ViceMan < Pedo stalker.
Marney1
GLC

t1nyt3rr4h
DuPz0r
Fanboy
new major on the block
El-Nino
Jacko90
Timothey

Edgecrusher
I'm in. smile.gif
GLC
I'm in, interested to see what settings bones picked....
DuPz0r
iN!
ViceMan
I'm ni. But i'm not a knight though.

Why don't you post the match details you cunty scouse? Bones said he sent them.

And date etc.
TreeFitty
I got to update the pic when I get the chance. sleep.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Feb 10 2010, 07:16 PM) *

And date etc.

Ban him for being racist!! ^ sad.gif

And the dates are every second Monday - look on the Leaderboard you Essex muppet.
bOnEs
so, there you have it...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 10 2010, 08:33 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Feb 10 2010, 07:16 PM) *

And date etc.

Ban him for being racist!! ^ sad.gif

And the dates are every second Monday - look on the Leaderboard you Essex muppet.

I know, but new people looking to join in won't.
TreeFitty
so nothing major. was thinking about a night/fog match for a later game.

Updated the page.
bOnEs
nah, just rain to add to the dynamics a little... it'll make the races funner afterward biggrin.gif...

i thought about fog but, maybe i'll save that for the next match since i am sure i'll win this one too...
ViceMan
Hmm, i'm apathetic about the industrial area, it isn't overused so it makes a nice change and there are lots of different levels of play, it is a lot better than Happiness Island though.
bOnEs
levels as in, being able to play above the action... yea, the industrial area offers up a lot of spots for the sniper players (whom i despise)... but, i'm used to the streets down there from playing deal breaker... we'll see if it offers me an advantage, or an advantage to the snipers laugh.gif... i'm guessing it's the latter...
TreeFitty
The only good high places are up on the roadways so just drive up there and run their ass over. Don't think there is a helicopter spawn down there to get on the bigger buildings.

aye! jacking my leaderboard header I see! mad.gif *shakes fist*
bOnEs
you have no idea how many ladders and construction zones there are that you can climb, do you? another question is, why the fuck haven't you participated yet? and yes, i jacked your art biggrin.gif...
Marney1
Only a fag does fog.
TreeFitty
But how many are in good locations and are at least 3 stories high with a good view of other streets blocks away? Another thing is that the main action usually moves around. Get set up atop one place and everyone moves a few blocks over behind some buildings. Get set up again, and the action moves again. The elevated roads are nice to just drive around and helicopters make everything easy from a sniper's stand point.

i haven't been on during these matches. actually, i haven't been on at all for a few weeks.
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 10 2010, 04:31 PM) *
But how many are in good locations and are at least 3 stories high with a good view of other streets blocks away? Another thing is that the main action usually moves around. Get set up atop one place and everyone moves a few blocks over behind some buildings. Get set up again, and the action moves again. The elevated roads are nice to just drive around and helicopters make everything easy from a sniper's stand point.

i haven't been on during these matches. actually, i haven't been on at all for a few weeks.

there's probably not that many "good" sniper spots and your right, the action does tend to move all over the place, rendering camping snipers useless... but, there's still plenty of spots to climb and yes, there are a couple of them that tend to be smack dab in the middle of the industrial area... i might travel up one of them during the match but come on, this is a match about who can collect the most money... and the best way to do that is to get down there in the streets and start shooting the place up...
TreeFitty
I don't care for money. I care about making people say "where the fuck did that come from???"
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 10 2010, 09:13 PM) *
levels as in, being able to play above the action... yea, the industrial area offers up a lot of spots for the sniper players (whom i despise)... but, i'm used to the streets down there from playing deal breaker... we'll see if it offers me an advantage, or an advantage to the snipers laugh.gif... i'm guessing it's the latter...

However there are a lot of obstacles negating the advantage of sniping. I try not to stick to one tactic, i'll collect as many weapons as possible to widen my available options.
TreeFitty
When I'm sniping I grab the combat sniper, RPG to fend off helicopters, and grenades to fend off other people below me. usually grab another regular gun along my way as a last resort. I don't go out of my way to collect other weapons.
trathen93
ye im in as usual. see if the internet is more friendly to me. im winning this 1 for sure haha
ViceMan
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Feb 10 2010, 10:39 PM) *
ye im in as usual. see if the internet is more friendly to me. im winning this 1 for sure haha

I'll hold you to that, you have to beat Bones. Or, well... your bones will be crushed.
bOnEs
i don't know, you gotta watch out for GLC too... if i had to predict a winner other than myself, which would be damn near impossible to do since i know i am going to win, i'd pick GLC... he seems more suited for action in the streets... he was owning all of us in bohan...
TreeFitty
Yeah GLC does pretty well looking at the scores. He'll win one soon.
Ex-PS Fanboy
He wasn't nearly as good as the first game we played tho... I'll probably play, but I won't know for sure until I get a definite date.
new major on the block
Hopefully my internet will be working, but count me in.

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 10 2010, 04:39 PM) *
When I'm sniping I grab the combat sniper, RPG to fend off helicopters, and grenades to fend off other people below me. usually grab another regular gun along my way as a last resort. I don't go out of my way to collect other weapons.

But RPGs are unreliable when trying to shoot down choppers. Its best to just snipe the pilot, its what i do, usually shocks the shit out of them when their big ass powerful armed heli falls to the earth and their dead corpse still sits in the front seat while my name is pronounced "ARCHmajor high-calibered.....whomever" lol
TreeFitty
QUOTE (new major on the block @ Feb 10 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Hopefully my internet will be working, but count me in.

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 10 2010, 04:39 PM) *

But RPGs are unreliable when trying to shoot down choppers. Its best to just snipe the pilot, its what i do, usually shocks the shit out of them when their big ass powerful armed heli falls to the earth and their dead corpse still sits in the front seat while my name is pronounced "ARCHmajor high-calibered.....whomever" lol

Oh I've done that (and lol'd my ass off) but I usually don't want to waste bullets and most of the time I hide next to something to prevent choppers from just running me over. If they really want me they have to maneuver around and aim. I only fire when they are close. Plus even if I miss with an RPG, they'll usually pick on someone else after it whizzes bye.
bOnEs
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Feb 10 2010, 07:55 PM) *
He wasn't nearly as good as the first game we played tho...

don't let him fool you... i'll never forget when me and GLC held down a location by bernie's in algonquin for like 10 minutes... the cops were present at level 4+ and me and GLC fucking took it to them and fended off all incoming players... if i recall, vicey was playing too but, he died just as i arrived and started doing his own thing biggrin.gif... but we hunkered down there and fucking whooped ass... it was one of the best ass kickings i dealt out in GTAIV in freeroam... no one could touch us, until the cops finally got us...

and speaking of that, i got no problem playing against the cops in a deathmatch as well... i love changing the dynamics in any online match... i get sick of the same 'ol same 'ol all the time *cough* airport *cough*....
TreeFitty
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 11 2010, 01:32 AM) *
and speaking of that, i got no problem playing against the cops in a deathmatch as well...

^Exactly what I was thinking when I started reading your post. There's plenty of matches left so I'm sure we'll exercise all the options.
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 11 2010, 01:38 AM) *
and speaking of that, i got no problem playing against the cops in a deathmatch as well...

^Exactly what I was thinking when I started reading your post. There's plenty of matches left so I'm sure we'll exercise all the options.

...and i thought about adding cops to this deathmatch too but, i thought it was too soon biggrin.gif... i figured rain would be the sort of thing that gets others thinking about changing stuff up too...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 11 2010, 07:12 AM) *

...and i thought about adding cops to this deathmatch too but, i thought it was too soon biggrin.gif... i figured rain would be the sort of thing that gets others thinking about changing stuff up too...

If there's ever a match with the police 'ON' then I'm out, I can't stand the wailing sirens they wreck my skull.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 11 2010, 02:16 AM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 11 2010, 07:12 AM) *

If there's ever a match with the police 'ON' then I'm out, I can't stand the wailing sirens they wreck my skull.

yea but, that's the kind of thing we need to be doing... we shouldn't have the typical kinds of DMs... being a GTA hub, we need to show off the variety that the RAGE engine offers biggrin.gif... we need to offer something different than what you'd normally see on any match you try to join... at least, some of the time... i know the options are a bit, limited...
TreeFitty
Marney just wants to use that as an excuse if he loses. tongue.gif And yes changing ALL the options up is a good thing.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 11 2010, 07:39 AM) *
Marney just wants to use that as an excuse if he loses. tongue.gif And yes changing ALL the options up is a good thing.

Get your finger out of your piss hole and change the date on the match logo!
TreeFitty
It's coming, it's coming. Wrote it out just need to add shadows, texture, etc.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 11 2010, 08:54 AM) *
It's coming, it's coming. Wrote it out just need to add shadows, texture, etc.

Hurry up we've only got 2 weeks!!!!!
Edgecrusher
Confirmed Players

bOnEs
TreeFitty
ViceMan
Marney1
GLC

dry.gif

QUOTE (t1nyt3rr4h @ Feb 10 2010, 06:21 PM) *
I'm in. smile.gif

Marney1
QUOTE (t1nyt3rr4h @ Feb 11 2010, 11:20 AM) *
Confirmed Players

bOnEs
TreeFitty
ViceMan
Marney1
GLC

dry.gif

I'm in. smile.gif

Sorry, I never had a look through the posts and jst went off the top of my head.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 11 2010, 11:39 AM) *
QUOTE (t1nyt3rr4h @ Feb 11 2010, 11:20 AM) *
Confirmed Players

bOnEs
TreeFitty
ViceMan
Marney1
GLC

dry.gif

I'm in. smile.gif

Sorry, I never had a look through the posts and jst went off the top of my head.

Isn't that where the compulsory scouse afro resides? Or are you one of the infidels who doesn't sport one.
Jacko
I hope it's not too late to enter this competition. So when are you planning on holding this match? Any accurate date yet? smile.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 11 2010, 12:14 PM) *
I hope it's not too late to enter this competition. So when are you planning on holding this match? Any accurate date yet? smile.gif

Here

That reminds me - I'll have to put that link in the OP.
TreeFitty
There was another newbie around that wanted to join. Hasn't come back yet.
Jacko
I cant join the game anymore because it seems I've lost my game, Grand Theft Auto IV PS3-version is nowhere to be found. blink.gif I,ve been keeping it inside the box and havent played it for ages but it has disappeared. I have the game for Xbox 360, but still.... Very unfortunate. sad.gif
bOnEs
check your other game boxes... that's usually what happens when i can't find the game, it's in a different box...
TreeFitty
^done that a few times. check movie boxes too if you watched anything since you last played.
Marney1
You people are so unorganised!!
TreeFitty
Sometimes it's just easier than putting it back in the right box, put something else in, and then later do the same again to put IV back in.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 11 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Sometimes it's just easier than putting it back in the right box, put something else in, and then later do the same again to put IV back in.

OK - lazy then!
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 11 2010, 03:48 PM) *
OK - lazy then!

Yeah that. sleep.gif

some new members wandering around but no luck here. hmmm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.