Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L.A. Noire
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Rockstar Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
SirPsychoSexy
Finally! Perhaps even a release date will be announced in the trailer/conference?
Marney1
QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Nov 10 2010, 12:02 AM) *
Finally! Perhaps even a release date will be announced in the trailer/conference?

According to Amazon it's February 1st 2011.
TreeFitty
guessing game is all that is.
SirPsychoSexy
Yeah, well, within 24 hours we might know.
Kamahl
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Nov 9 2010, 03:18 PM) *
Now this new technology being used by Rockstar/Team Bondi really is something to get excited about! It's called MotionScan and in the case of L.A. Noire will allow players to interact with their in-game characters (suspects & witnesses) like never before by revealing every line, wrinkle and expression which will aid you in extracting the infomation you'll need to solve the crimes of 1947 Los Angeles.

For months and months actors have been taking their turn to sit in the middle of a room surrounded by 32 high definition cameras with the intention of creating amazing fully textured 3D models which will come to life on your screen.

Lets make this simple...

The actor sits in this chair...

He/she is then turned from this...

Into this...

John Davison of GamePro had the chance to see first hand the process of this groundbreaking technology.
The most impressive thing I saw at E3.

LOL

it took me a few seconds to notice the guy was real (first pic) and not a 3D design... i saw the pices before i read everything.
Marney1

ph34r.gif
asthenia
SirPsychoSexy
Looks good. Face animations are incredible. Release - Spring 2011, works for me.
Marney1
Team Bondi have been using "Real Time Global Illumination" a next generation lighting benchmark powered by Lightsprint SDK. Realtime radiosity, color bleeding, penumbra shadows.......WHAT? Here's a video....

Marney1
"Rockstar just released the first trailer for its upcoming title L.A. Noire, which we revealed back in our March cover story. If you missed seeing it before, we're running the feature here in its entirety. Check it out to learn more about the setting, characters, and the mind-boggling technology that developer Team Bondi is putting to use."

Full article - Game Informer

TreeFitty will love this! "Help in modeling the numerous vintage vehicles in the game came from a slightly less academic source: late night comedian Jay Leno. “We photographed Jay Leno’s private car collection,” remembers Wood. “You can drive around in Jay Leno’s private fire truck! He’s got a garage like in Iron Man or Wayne manor. He was there, and when he opened it up, the boys were gobsmacked. It’s endless.”
Marney1
CVG have 'dissected' the first L.A. Noire trailer to give you a look at what it tells us about the game so far (kind of).
L.A. Noire Trailer Dissected
Jeff Threat
L.A. Noire tattoo? Lmao...

I will say I am getting this game, no doubt.
Marney1
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Nov 19 2010, 07:38 AM) *
L.A. Noire tattoo? Lmao...

I will say I am getting this game, no doubt.

Get a Cole Phelps' face tattooed onto your face?

Jeff Threat
No.
Massacre
You can get a detective silhouette, like in Marney's avatar.
TreeFitty
well tattoo something so we get more people/views again. Daddy Psy needs you back out working the corner. mad.gif
Marney1
Thought I'd post a pic...
TreeFitty
He looks a bit out-of-place. Maybe his lighting is just a little off.
Marney1
What about this one?

Or this one?

Or this video?
Jeff Threat
I will find something, one of my fav movies is L.A. Confidential and now there is L.A. Noire... I will find something bad ass
TreeFitty
His game model seems more stocky than himself. Or he's more lanky than his model. Either way. bored.gif
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Nov 9 2010, 11:12 PM) *
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Nov 9 2010, 10:30 PM) *
how many games are single platform these days? I mean, portal was, but its not anymore... portal2 launching with the ps3. So exclusitivity is out the window unless your talking first party games. I actually subscribe to gameinformer, but didn't get my magazine ?.?

L.A. Noire will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Yeah, i know, i'm just saying that i heard a lot of people were pissed about it not being ps3 exclusive anymore.
SirPsychoSexy
This game will be grrreat. I will seriously live in L.A for months.
Marney1

And one for Pieface...

Jeff Threat
OMG those screens.... *Drool*
Marney1
5 new screens:

See them all here: RockstarSpy.com
TreeFitty
more previews
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 2 2010, 04:26 PM) *

I read them 2 weeks ago. angry.gif They're good reads though.
TreeFitty
Blame Rockstar. sleep.gif
Marney1
This is the best preview so far: Play.TM
GLC
Today, we present a brand new selection of exclusive screenshots from L.A. Noire - showing a glimpse of investigating crime scenes, examining lineups of suspects and other gritty detective work you'll experience in next spring's crime thriller. Stay tuned for a special look behind the scenes of the advanced motion scan technology used in the game, coming soon.

ViceMan
QUOTE (GLC @ Dec 6 2010, 06:58 PM) *

The clothing textures of the two pedestrians in front look very low res, particularly the shirts. Or is that just me?
TreeFitty
We've been given non-polished screens for other games. I assume that's what happened.

Also you guys can submit big LA Noire news to the site under the Rockstar Games category. thumbup.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 6 2010, 08:01 PM) *
We've been given non-polished screens for other games. I assume that's what happened.

True dat. But I thought in general pre-release screens were more polished and exaggerated gameplay elements.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Dec 6 2010, 08:59 PM) *

True dat. But I thought in general pre-release screens were more polished and exaggerated gameplay elements.

The HD versions of those shots are coming soon. Maybe from them we'll see a bit more detail?

Also, this pic....

...could well be from a case based on the O'Connor Electro-Plating Explosion.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 7 2010, 01:57 AM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Dec 6 2010, 08:59 PM) *

The HD versions of those shots are coming soon. Maybe from them we'll see a bit more detail?

Also, this pic....

...could well be from a case based on the O'Connor Electro-Plating Explosion.

Am I the only one to think about this guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003928/ when I see that ped? Just thinking about how they said you might recognize faces...
TreeFitty
Definitely not an explosion. The burning debris within feet of the footprint says it was simply burned to the ground. The building itself appears to be a house or similar construction like those behind it. Note the wood framing atop the brick foundation, the wood steps leading up to what was the entrance, the grass around the entrance area, and also the brick chimney on the left.

Plus the crowds wouldn't be that close. sleep.gif Also a firetruck on the far right. The high res pics will probably reveal more details.

edit: one more thing, Rockstar's pic description says "Onlookers gather at a family’s tragedy." Which implies a smaller (house fire) type-thing, not a city block going boom.
DuPz0r
Wow i haven't been in here for a while. This game is going to walk all over Mafia 2 for sure!
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 7 2010, 07:30 PM) *
Wow i haven't been in here for a while. This game is going to walk all over Mafia 2 for sure!

'Mafia 2' is officially a swear word in this thread. Every fucker is making comparisons with Mafia 2 - don't do it again DuP' or I'll throw you in a paddy wagon! angry.gif

@TreeFitty - You're most likely right about the house fire thing (and you'd have more of an idea than most let's face it) but the O'Connor Electro-Plating explosion will be a case we have to deal with, I'm pretty confident of that.
ViceMan
Mafia II was a major disappointment.
Marney1
WARNING
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

RockstarSpy.com: HUGE List of L.A. Noire Cast & Characters
JamieMilne
posted some cool pics up , well not really cool but i wish i had it haha

TreeFitty
That's actually very cool. I thought their testing was done in some separate network. Awesome catch. smile.gif
DuPz0r
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Dec 9 2010, 12:02 AM) *

Yay I'm in the same pic as an LA noire tester! lol
Marney1
playrockstar1 is in my list too! Thought I'd just let everyone know because it might impress some 13 year olds. He's probably had 5,000 friends requests from faggots - wouldn't suprise me if you get a few requests too DuP'.
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 9 2010, 06:17 AM) *
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Dec 9 2010, 12:02 AM) *

Yay I'm in the same pic as an LA noire tester! lol

wow, that's fucking, wow there's the bush!! biggrin.gif... i just watched IGN's rewind trailer (as well as the new uncharted 3 rewind, which is what directed me to this one) and i am getting excited about the annual R* treat in spring... we had RDR this year and the following year might be agent or GTA V...

this game sounds like it has GTA-esque qualities but, it is still a detective game... i think i've said this before but, it's got more of a point 'n click style... a "sam and max" meets "columbo"... yea, i named dropped columbo... who didn't watch that show?! old school detective work... P.I. shit...
Jeff Threat
So no L.A. Noire tattoo, changed it to something else.
TreeFitty
Behind the scenes video coming this thursday. Technology+interviews.

Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Dec 13 2010, 07:59 PM) *
Behind the scenes video coming this thursday. Technology+interviews+vigorous masturbating

bOnEs
are you two rivals now?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.