Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L.A. Noire
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Rockstar Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
TreeFitty
Maybe on the upside, after the casual gamers play L.A. Noire, other less-detailed games will feel more empty to them. Then they'll appreciate the extra effort Rockstar/Bondi are making.
Massacre
Or they'll just keep being douchebags and make the next Call of Duty sell more copies than could ever be the result of reason and intelligence. I'm guessing that one.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 2 2011, 03:15 AM) *
Or they'll just keep being douchebags and make the next Call of Duty sell more copies than could ever be the result of reason and intelligence. I'm guessing that one.

I agree, L.A. Noire will require a bit of 'thinking' which is still quite rare in video games. I'm tired of shoot 'em ups (the CoD kind) so this is long over-due for me.
TreeFitty
L.A. Noire Behind the Scenes Part 3 - Props

DuPz0r
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 1 2011, 09:36 PM) *
How many gamer's will actually appreciate the effort that's been put into L.A. Noire? Going as far as researching the actual fabric of clothing to keep things as authentic as possible won't even be noticed by most people imo. When I play a game, I look closely at the detail in everything I can find and so far this game is looking to be the most detailed I've ever seen.
I'm jumping the gun here but, how the fuck are Team Bondi going to top this? They've left themselves a huge challenge for their future games.

Believe it or not, every game company in the industry researches this deep. It's just that not so much of it gets translated in most cases. We're taught to research everything we make in 3d in my course, which is important for a successful game. Team Bondi have just done it really well, and actually put the extra effort in to make an in-depth behind the scene, which you don't see much of in most games. We'll not until after the games release anyway.
Jeff Threat
Yup. I am excited.
Marney1
IGN - L.A. Noire: A City of Devils

TreeFitty
So Black Dahlia is in or....? confused1.gif
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 7 2011, 11:41 PM) *

Is that going to be the level map?
TreeFitty
I assume that's the area we'll have to play with. It's from an actual map:

http://www.cahighways.org/maps-sc-fwy.html
DuPz0r
Nice, that's quite a large area.
Marney1
8 sq. miles I'm led to believe. Is that big in terms of open world gaming?
TreeFitty
Apparently San Andreas was about 14 square miles. So L.A. Noire is pretty big for a single city as far as GTA goes.
DuPz0r
Hmm, how big was the RDR map in square miles...?
I found that quite big, but i guess as it was mostly desert, it would most likely be bigger than LA.Noire.
TreeFitty
Found two people saying Red Dead Redemption was 28 square miles but I don't know how accurate those and any others are. (on a side note, KGB is absolute shit for RDR answers)
Marney1
For those of you who don't check the news page:

Rockstar: "...will debut the first chapter in our Gameplay Video Series for L.A. Noire. "Orientation" will reveal how L.A. Noire features investigation, interrogation and action to defy standard game genre conventions and create a unique and captivating crime thriller unlike anything ever seen before, all against the backdrop of a meticulously recreated 1947 Los Angeles."

bOnEs
the new video is up... and it's FANTASTIC!! it plays like GTA yet, it isn't GTA... R* keeps revamping the way you play in sandboxes and i can't get enough of it!!
Jeff Threat
oh wow... i cant wait. all day and night on this game when it comes out, i cant wait to explore L.A. and see REAL world thinks.. like WB theater
asthenia
Link to the new vid (fags mad.gif )

Amazing.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/09/la-noire...tion/#continued
DuPz0r
OMG Noirgasm in progress as we speak! lol.gif

I'll love to see this mo-cap tech in GTA, especially with all the epic characters they come up with.
TreeFitty
GameStop Bonus: 'The Naked City' Vice Case
asthenia
Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. I don't like exclusives though.
TreeFitty
I bet the "much more" is an outfit and gun. Hopefully some other bonuses are more than just another case to solve.
Marney1
Hopefully we'll ALL eventually be able to experience the 'exclusives' - just hope it doesn't mean we have to buy TGoTY edition to get them............see what I did there?
bOnEs
yea, i've been waiting to hear about the pre-ordered incentives... who's got what, and what's the best deal... i'd imagine it's going to be another one of those RDR offers where gamestop, amazon and steam all get their own thing...

right now gamestop is winning because they're the only one that's leaked something...
TreeFitty
released one of those backgrounds from the official site

Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 16 2011, 08:43 PM) *
released one of those backgrounds from the official site

Attacked by a snow fox while driving ^
Massacre
I like this one better.

Also, one of R*'s screensavers just fucked my shit up so bad I had to reboot. Thanks, R*.
alooper21
QUOTE (asthenia @ Feb 15 2011, 10:12 PM) *
I don't like exclusives though.

exclusives are to be liked when they come for ps3. that about consoles! because if they would be pc exclusives... well... consoles would simply be put to shame, seriously tongue.gif
Marney1
New screens:

Massacre
That second screen's just so pretty, I...

*Cums*
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 20 2011, 05:37 AM) *
That second screen's just so pretty, I...

*Cums*

Saw you lurking and knew you'd like that one.

Edit, I meant the first one.
Massacre
Well, I certainly appreciate a corpse on an autopsy table, but considering this is a detective game and not a Massacre's basement game, it's a little too clean for my tastes. Throw a gas mask on the doc and smear some gore on the walls, and I'm all over it.

That second shot has upped the chance that I'll buy this game by 14%.
Edgecrusher
114%? I hope the streets are as bustling in game as in that pic. Looks like what I imagined The Godfather to look like before it was released.
Marney1
I was wondering if we could take a vehicle onto the sidewalk, let's just say we accidently (on purpose) mounted the kerb and knocked some window shoppers over. Or, and that's a big OR, will there be an invisible barrier preventing us going on the rampage?
DuPz0r
Like the pics. I'm so hyped for this game. There is a couple of games I want soon, but this one is through the roof.
Marney1
It's going to feel great driving round in a sunny place, make a change from all the dark side streets and huge shadows that the buildings cast in GTAIV.
Massacre
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Feb 20 2011, 12:00 PM) *
114%? I hope the streets are as bustling in game as in that pic. Looks like what I imagined The Godfather to look like before it was released.

This isn't a definite buy for me, I have other games to worry about. I'm at 76% right now.

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 20 2011, 12:38 PM) *
I was wondering if we could take a vehicle onto the sidewalk, let's just say we accidently (on purpose) mounted the kerb and knocked some window shoppers over. Or, and that's a big OR, will there be an invisible barrier preventing us going on the rampage?

I would hope we could go on a rampage. You go around mass-murdering civilians after you beat GTA, what the fuck would you do if you couldn't kill innocents? Stop playing, I imagine.

Exploring the map only lasts for two days, at best.
Marney1
Tommy Gun FTW!

And this one from someone who worked on the game. (Tell me if it doesn't show up.)

This isn't real but snow would be cool, they managed it in Mafia2.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 20 2011, 12:26 AM) *
New screens:

is that... ed harris?! drool.gif...
Marney1
Forgot to post this the other day. Gamespot Interview with Rob Nelson, Art Director at Rockstar.
bOnEs
in my previous post, that was not ed harris by the way... it just looked like him from that angle... after seeing other pics of the coroner, i've determined that i was WAAAAAY OFF.... he just looked like him in that one screen you posted...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 21 2011, 05:33 PM) *
in my previous post, that was not ed harris by the way... it just looked like him from that angle... after seeing other pics of the coroner, i've determined that i was WAAAAAY OFF.... he just looked like him in that one screen you posted...

In the first trailer he looks like he has one of those lithpy mouths. Like a pout, like the kid in the Goonies with the braces?
bOnEs
Click to view attachment

i mean from that screen, i see an almost exact resemblance... but then i see this one...

...and it reminds me of john malkovich laugh.gif...
Marney1
I saw the Ed Harris resemblance as soon as you mentioned it but John Malkovich? Come on bOnEs, next you'll be saying silly stuff like; "That guy looks like the fella from Fringe, oh and Phelps looks like that one from Mad Men."

Know who this guy is?

Hal Landon Jnr - Captain Logan from 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure'
bOnEs
Click to view attachment

you don't see it?? tongue.gif...
Marney1
Keyser Soze?

DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 21 2011, 05:45 PM) *
Click to view attachment

i mean from that screen, i see an almost exact resemblance... but then i see this one...

...and it reminds me of john malkovich laugh.gif...

More like Christopher Lloyd:

bOnEs
haha, i can definitely see that laugh.gif...
JamieMilne

Official Box Art Revealed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.