Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L.A. Noire
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Rockstar Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
DuPz0r
I hope the game is actually really good. They're publicising the facial-expression-reading-detective more than anything, they haven't really mentioned much in terms of gameplay.

Will it have a decent amount of side missions like GTA?
Will it have a fully roamable sandbox city from the start?
Is there more to the city than just detective work?

I just wanna know if it will be a GTA clone (except you play as a cop instead of a thug) outside of the story, or if it's more unique really...
Marney1

They should be alongside Rockstar North, Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar Vancouver etc. Wonder if they will?
TreeFitty
Depending what happens after L.A. Noire, they could become Rockstar Sydney. We'll see.
bOnEs
i say rockstar south... anyways, the new trailer just furthers my hype for this game... after playing through some of the sam & max episodes, i am starting to get the itch to play a more realistic detective game... i want to spend countless hours driving around town following up on leads and investigating crime scenes...

i read that the game feels much like GTAIV and RDR in terms of combat, environment, and physics... but, the game is nothing like those at all since there's hardly any combat or loaded with side-quests... i think they're trying to go for more of a mafia II feel where the world is open but, the story keeps you on a linear path... but thankfully, R* is actually going to put in a few side quests like, firing up the police scanner and helping on crimes in progress or stumbling upon a robbery in progress... i am assuming most of the side quests have to do with stopping some sort of crime in progress, or maybe catching some fugitives after receiving an anonymous tip... but they don't want you to get disconnected to the over-arching storyline that's intertwined into all your cases... your trying to chase down a serial killer...

i think the RAGE engine R* has in place is genius and the more games they can put it into, the better... everything feels so life-like because of that euphoria system they built their engine around... everything has weight to it, and i'd imagine these cars from the 40's are going to really have some weight biggrin.gif...

i really can't wait to play this game... and i really can't wait to see what kind of special edition goodies they're planning on rolling out... i can foresee a fedora and notebook perhaps biggrin.gif...
TreeFitty
Massacre
They need to make the cover like GTA covers, the artwork is too good to not see it every time you pick up the game.
Jeff Threat
I hope they suprise us with putting the Black Dahlia Murder in the game.
Marney1
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Jan 28 2011, 07:13 AM) *
I hope they suprise us with putting the Black Dahlia Murder in the game.

I think they'll keep the serial killer story quite close to it...
bOnEs
lol, hollywoodland before they took down the "land" part... this game is just oozing with vintage character...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 27 2011, 11:01 PM) *

Mmm nice concepts. Are they available in wallpaper size?
Marney1
@Dupz0r I don't think they're available as wallpapers yet but I've got them on my site in 1,600x1,600 but they're 'watermarked' with my site name in the corner. Suppose you could cut that bit off if you want. here

Downloads (Official L.A. Noire site)
Jeff Threat
Could this be the Official Box Art?

TreeFitty
I "ripped" those backgrounds from the official site.

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/SITE/...rounds/bkd1.jpg
http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/SITE/...rounds/bkd2.jpg
http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/SITE/...rounds/bkd3.jpg

@Jeff I think it'll change by release. I would call it a placeholder for now.
Jeff Threat
I agree Tree.

Oh shit, found artwork i love and been searching for for the perfect Noir.. O.o dare i say it?
bOnEs
your going to eventually become a walking advertisement for R*, lol... you could get paid to leave the house...
Massacre
I've seen people get up to 20 grand for getting a company logo tattooed. I'd already planned to get a R* tat, but I think I'll shoot them an email beforehand, see if they'd like to give me some money.
TreeFitty
Maybe they'll pay you with a R* sticker.
Massacre
That would be gay. Liberace gay.
DuPz0r
I'd get a R* north tatoo. But only a small one like on my shoulder or something. And only if it was used to earn me money.

Oh cheers for the pics btw. Wallpaper'd
Marney1
I got a new Rockstar San Diego sticker off R* yesterday.......and another Undead Nightmare t-shirt. biggrin.gif

Anyway, pics time....

Coroner Carruthers - He see's dead people!
Jeff Threat
I could be a walking a walking ad for them lol. Getting money for a logo sounds nice. We will see, but i want it for myself.

but anyways... I am very pumped for this game.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Jan 28 2011, 10:58 PM) *
I could be a walking a walking ad for them lol. Getting money for a logo sounds nice. We will see, but i want it for myself.

Pumped enough for a tat of cole?
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 28 2011, 06:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Jeff Threat @ Jan 28 2011, 10:58 PM) *

Pumped enough for a tat of cole?

yup.
TreeFitty
Did they ever send you stickers or a shirt from RDR? I forget.

also:
QUOTE (Rockstar tweet)
RockstarGames: Nope, look for the final box art in the coming months RT @adnan_ahmed Is the final boxart of #LAnoire in preorder page of the official site?
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 28 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Did they ever send you stickers or a shirt from RDR? I forget.

also:
QUOTE (Rockstar tweet)
RockstarGames: Nope, look for the final box art in the coming months RT @adnan_ahmed Is the final boxart of #LAnoire in preorder page of the official site?

They did, and they also sent me the game.

Also, good to know about the boxart. thank you
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 28 2011, 02:48 PM) *
@Jeff I think it'll change by release. I would call it a placeholder for now.

yea, i don't see a team bondi logo... the yellow R* is the official logo on all games... the rest have their respected divisions on the box as well... and team bondi i don't think is officially a division of R* yet... but you know they'll be getting their own colored R* logo soon wink.gif...

shit, i'm already in detective mode laugh.gif...
Jeff Threat
lol bOnes i am right there with you. I bet after the release of this game they will announe that Team Bondi is now Rockstar Sydney.

Team Bondi's website hasn't been updated since 2008....
bOnEs
i like R* south biggrin.gif... maybe a green logo... but, sydney would be a good choice too... i wouldn't be surprised to see this gritty game from even an aussie developer get censored or blocked somehow by it's own gov't... i could even foresee this developer breaking down some media barriers... call it a hunch wink.gif...
TreeFitty
Now I have a photoshop file to play with the R* logo...

god damn imageshack. that's twice I've gotten redirected to a virus site after uploading... dry.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 29 2011, 06:14 AM) *
i like R* south biggrin.gif... maybe a green logo... but, sydney would be a good choice too... i wouldn't be surprised to see this gritty game from even an aussie developer get censored or blocked somehow by it's own gov't... i could even foresee this developer breaking down some media barriers... call it a hunch wink.gif...

Green is taken by R* Vancouver.
bOnEs
@fitty - photobucket is the best one out there... i've never had an issue in the 6 or so years i've been using it... except when they deleted a couple photos they thought were too much... like the one where a lady was tied up to a chair... you couldn't see anything but apparently it was too much.... whatever, that's the only issue i ever had...

@marney - ohh shit... then i guess red or even white would do...
TreeFitty
red=toronto
white=leeds

you'd think the wiki page would have the rockstar games family logos posted together...
DuPz0r
bOnEs
they're running out of vibrant colors to use, lol laugh.gif... how about orange, gray, brown, reverse/black?
TreeFitty
hopefully this hotlinks...

so there's a couple colors left. Yellow... uh... light blue since Vienna was killed off... There's a couple options left.

So yeah, how 'bout L.A. Noire? smile.gif
Marney1
LOL at the R* Vienna logo with a rose on it. ^ tongue.gif

Nothing to see here! Yeah there is, a stiff!

I reckon the serial killer is that photographer, he always seems to turn up when there's been a murder. Mmm maybe it's Phelps? No, definitly Coroner Carruthers, yeah it's Carruthers.
TreeFitty
I'm voting for Phelps' lady friend as the queenpin. I bet she offs him at the end. unsure.gif scratch that. R* already killed your character in a previous game so I'm betting Phelps kills her instead for some epic dramatic scene.
Marney1
I bet he's really a Roswell alien.
Massacre
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 29 2011, 01:20 PM) *
hopefully this hotlinks...

so there's a couple colors left. Yellow... uh... light blue since Vienna was killed off... There's a couple options left.

So yeah, how 'bout L.A. Noire? smile.gif

I hope R* buys the software branch of Warlord Industries. The Rockstar Warlord logo has a white background with blood spatter on it.
Marney1

Just some random pics.

TreeFitty
WHY WON'T THEY CLOSE THE DOORS???
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 29 2011, 10:52 PM) *
WHY WON'T THEY CLOSE THE DOORS???

Where people stupid in 1947? Did they really have 'state the obvious' signs stuck on vans?
Massacre
No, they just put those signs there because everyone used to hang out of their car door and shoot at things back then.
TreeFitty
It does seem quite common from the 20s onward.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 29 2011, 03:20 PM) *
I hope R* buys the software branch of Warlord Industries. The Rockstar Warlord logo has a white background with blood spatter on it.

Massacre
I know I've used this one before, but I less than three you, Fitty.

Also, the any character next to a colon thing still applies.
DuPz0r
Good stuff.

I'm currently developing a small game at the moment. Our development team is called "Ballistiq Mushroom" ^^)
Marney1
How many gamer's will actually appreciate the effort that's been put into L.A. Noire? Going as far as researching the actual fabric of clothing to keep things as authentic as possible won't even be noticed by most people imo. When I play a game, I look closely at the detail in everything I can find and so far this game is looking to be the most detailed I've ever seen.
I'm jumping the gun here but, how the fuck are Team Bondi going to top this? They've left themselves a huge challenge for their future games.

Erika Heynatz is sexy, if I was Cole Phelps I'd fu......

Edit: Pic time!
Jeff Threat
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 1 2011, 04:36 PM) *
How many gamer's will actually appreciate the effort that's been put into L.A. Noire?

Not the casual gamers, but the ones that are following every step of this game will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.