Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General New Vegas Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
bOnEs
if anyone ever finds scans of the xbox magazine preview, please do post... it might touch on the same things but, it'll be worded differently and would be another persons perspective on the preview from obsidian...
Massacre
I'm subscribed, so I'll probably scan them myself when it comes in.
Heartless
The Fallout Wiki has some really good info and links.
OptimumPx
Vault 21 then?

I wonder how long it's been open..is it within your lifetime and you came from it, or are you descended from citizens of it?

All in all very cool sounding! I'm eager to see screens from Vegas proper too. I hope it includes a version of the 'Welcome to Las Vegas' sign. smile.gif
Tranque
At first I was like, meh, since I'm less enthused with F3

But I heard of a cross-dressing boss, glitter, shiny vegas lights, and the definite possibility of a Siegfried and Roy + Tigers boss fight and I'm in.

Heartless
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Feb 12 2010, 03:16 AM) *
Vault 21 then?

I wonder how long it's been open..is it within your lifetime and you came from it, or are you descended from citizens of it?

All in all very cool sounding! I'm eager to see screens from Vegas proper too. I hope it includes a version of the 'Welcome to Las Vegas' sign. smile.gif

So far it says the Doc who rescues your character is from Vault 21.
bOnEs
so, it's probably safe to assume that the town of goodsprings was probably founded by former vault 21 residents?? perhaps??
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 12 2010, 11:20 AM) *
so, it's probably safe to assume that the town of goodsprings was probably founded by former vault 21 residents?? perhaps??

Massacre
Well, you get your pip-boy and a vault suit from the Doctor, so there's at least one former vault resident or descendant of one in Goodsprings. Either that, or all of Goodsprings is like Andale and they just ate somebody from a vault.
bOnEs
did i read that goodsprings is an old wild west town? i hope there's a chance for residency there biggrin.gif... i actually kind of hope that most towns have some sort of housing available for purchase... or change the code in the engine so that if you kill a resident of a town, all of their stuff becomes ownable... that way we could use a place like silver's house in springvale or grandma sparkles place... i wanted so bad to use those houses in fallout 3...
Massacre
I'm thinking of getting into modding, just so I can make this scavenger's home from the concept art a reality.

The one in the upper right.
bOnEs
that looks like a kick ass living room biggrin.gif... i actually really enjoyed living in tepid sewers on one of my files, it was a really nice setup...

and yes, if i have a new powerful computer by the time this game comes out, i might be get it for both the PS3 and PC... PS3 for the trophies and the PC for the modding biggrin.gif...
Massacre
If you have a grand to spare, the HP I bought is amazing. 8 gigs of ram, Nvidia GeForce 9500GS graphics card (although I'm currently sending in for a free replacement, the one that came with my PC makes a ton of noise all of a sudden), and all kinds of awesomeness. Worth every penny, this thing could even run GTA IV without any problems, not that I'm going to buy it or anything.
bOnEs
if i had a grand, i would of bought a new computer already laugh.gif... i spotted one a couple of months ago for $560... a very very powerful machine... the only catch was, you had to build it yourself... but, i got a friend who's built his own computers for like 10 years now so, i at least know someone with the knowledge of how to put it together biggrin.gif... then all i'd have to do is buy a new monitor...
bOnEs
here's the xbox 360 magazine preview.... i'm reading it right now biggrin.gif...

http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23740
Heartless
I tend to agree with what Kashluk said.
bOnEs
not me... i'm sick of reading comments from negative nancy's... if you don't wanna play it, don't play it... quit trying to convince others to not like it as well...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 15 2010, 11:31 AM) *
not me... i'm sick of reading comments from negative nancy's... if you don't wanna play it, don't play it... quit trying to convince others to not like it as well...

Eh, people are going to have their opinions either way. I never played the older games and Fallout 3 melted my face, therefore, Kashluk can suck my balls.
bOnEs
yea, the guys that played the older ones like to bitch about the new games not being like the old one... i mean come on, those games were like 15 years ago... the times have changed, video games are in a different state, get with the program... quit clinging on to something that died years ago and embrace the re-emergence of the series... if you still don't like it, even though it is a fallout game then, go play the older ones again...
Massacre
Shit, I wish I hadn't read Kashluk's comments, now I'm pissed off. That guy's a fucking idiot.
Heartless
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 15 2010, 11:53 AM) *
yea, the guys that played the older ones like to bitch about the new games not being like the old one... i mean come on, those games were like 15 years ago... the times have changed, video games are in a different state, get with the program... quit clinging on to something that died years ago and embrace the re-emergence of the series... if you still don't like it, even though it is a fallout game then, go play the older ones again...

Hey, I'm one of those guys. But I was playing Mass Effect 2 last night and realized that they came up with a pretty decent system in their dialogue. Some options are obvious renegade/paragon, some aren't. And if you actually play the game, it's pretty easy to rack up points on either side. I'd kind of like to see something like that in the new Fallout games.
bOnEs
from what i've been reading, it sounds like the karma system and notoriety system seems to work towards labeling you as good or evil... each town remembers your actions within their borders, and a fame system will tell you how aggressive or nice towns and settlements will act towards your presence... i don't know but, to me, it sounds like the karma system has been fixed for new vegas... but, only time will tell once we all get our grubby little hands on a copy...
Massacre
QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 15 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Hey, I'm one of those guys. But I was playing Mass Effect 2 last night and realized that they came up with a pretty decent system in their dialogue. Some options are obvious renegade/paragon, some aren't. And if you actually play the game, it's pretty easy to rack up points on either side. I'd kind of like to see something like that in the new Fallout games.

Funny, I just finished the first Mass Effect last night. Once I've handled my business online, I'll be starting ME2.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 15 2010, 01:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 15 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Funny, I just finished the first Mass Effect last night. Once I've handled my business online, I'll be starting ME2.

Both of these games are on my "to-play" list. Hopefully I can get to them both out before New Vegas arrives. Very interested to see how it compares to Fallout 3, haven't really experienced too many RPG's that are similar.
Massacre
I just opened my copy of ME2 and there's a second disk. Wow.
Massacre
Fuck you, Bioware. Fuck you, your poorly put together site, and your inability to explain how to redeem a fucking code that has now been wasted and can never be used again.

Now I have to fly all the way to shithole Redwood City, California to kill who knows how many people. Fucking Bioware...
Heartless
ME2 and F3 makes me say this: I hear-by call a moratorium on all stupid fucking mini-games. Got I hate those things.

What code, Mass?
bOnEs
QUOTE (Geert Wilders @ Feb 15 2010, 09:08 PM) *
ME2 and F3 makes me say this: I hear-by call a moratorium on all stupid fucking mini-games. Got I hate those things.

What code, Mass?

you mean, you don't want to gamble in new vegas? laugh.gif... i do, even if i have a bazillion caps... lol but seriously, that brings up a good point... i hope that caps aren't just freely everywhere in the latter levels like they were in F3... i can understand if your playing an evil character but, i don't want to have more than 2,000 caps... i feel like a CEO or something out there...

the hardcore mode offers up a nice challenge but, i am NOT taking that journey until i've seen what this world offers first...
Heartless
Caps is an enormous part of it, sure, but otherwise the games themselves were inane and unnecessary. I don't know a person who can honestly say that lock-picking on a PC is both fun and easy and adds enormously to the game. And I know I wasn't so coherent in my last comment, but the hacking a terminal thing was the biggest fucking waste of time, period. If you fuck up the first two times, just reset the console and try again. Rinse, repeat, loot. While Mass Effect has blast doors to explain away why my grenade launching Duke Nukem-looking motherfucker doesn't shotgun the shit out of every door he sees, Fallout has little excuse for the Oblivion level retardation. I fart Nooks you fucking cock sucker, I don't care if I just bombed my lockpick mini-game, open the door you bloody twat. These unpleasant interruptions often make me want to hammer the uninstall button.
bOnEs
did they have lockpicking and terminal hacking in the older games?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 16 2010, 11:53 AM) *
did they have lockpicking and terminal hacking in the older games?

Yes, they did.

They just "revamped" it for the newer games to make it less 1990ish.
Massacre

What code, Mass?

Two codes, actually. One came with the game, it allows me to connect to the in-game Cerberus Network, which entitles me to free DLC items which come out regularly, from what I can tell. This code can be purchased from the Xbox Live Marketplace, but it costs something like 1200 Microsoft points. The other code came with my pre-order, and it gives me a set of armor and a heavy weapon that is not otherwise available in-game.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 16 2010, 12:31 PM) *

What code, Mass?

Two codes, actually. One came with the game, it allows me to connect to the in-game Cerberus Network, which entitles me to free DLC items which come out regularly, from what I can tell. This code can be purchased from the Xbox Live Marketplace, but it costs something like 1200 Microsoft points. The other code came with my pre-order, and it gives me a set of armor and a heavy weapon that is not otherwise available in-game.

So were you not able to input either of them? I'd take the game back to the store you purchased it at.
bOnEs
http://n4g.com/NewsPending-477405.aspx

someone click on that link and go to the IGN page... i can't view IGN at work so, maybe someone could paste the article here?? supposedly it's new details about new vegas...

EDIT: nevermind, i am getting off work very soon... i'll read it when i get home...

EDITv2: HA! that article was a waste of time.... it said nothing new at all... it was a summary of a USA today story... here's the link...

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/life/...ut16_st.art.htm

the only new information i gathered from that article was new vegas will be roughly the same size as the capitol wasteland... and he said that it would take hundreds of hours to explore the entire map and it's little nooks and cranny's... so, maybe it's a more denser version of fallout 3?? kind of like how GTAIV's map size is more denser version of san andreas...
Massacre
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 16 2010, 02:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 16 2010, 12:31 PM) *

What code, Mass?

So were you not able to input either of them? I'd take the game back to the store you purchased it at.

No, I put them in on BioWare's site, and for some reason, my gamertag wasn't connected to my BioWare profile, even though I gave my gamertag when I registered the account. Later, when I started the game, I found out that you could enter the codes from the game's main menu, and neither BioWare's site or the cards that my codes were on told me this. I could put in the codes just fine, but BioWare is fucking retarded.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 17 2010, 12:40 PM) *
Later, when I started the game, I found out that you could enter the codes from the game's main menu, and neither BioWare's site or the cards that my codes were on told me this. I could put in the codes just fine, but BioWare is fucking retarded.

Yeah, I was going to suggest that.
bOnEs
here's a few more details i found the wikia site... they mention stuff about the "hardcore" mode... and the great news concerning this is, hardcore mode is separate from difficulty... that's GREAT news... that means that i could check it out on my second playthrough without making the game super fucking tough...

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Au...ed_on_Xbox_Live
bOnEs
a german PC game magazine has another new vegas preview... if you can read german, please translate ALL OF IT!! if not, at least check out the scans as there are some new images to gander at... also, the wikia site has listed some key features discussed in the article as well... there's a few new things mentioned...

WIKIA:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Au...w_Vegas_preview

SCANNED PAGES:
http://duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23772
Massacre
Has anyone posted OXM scans yet? My New Vegas issue just came in and I'm wondering if I need to scan it for you guys.
bOnEs
i saw them until they were removed from the web... it's your call massy... it didn't introduce anything new over the playstation article... the PC magazines seem to have more information than these earlier previews...
bOnEs
the screenshots from the magazine previews have been released finally... so, for those of you who are looking for high-resolution images for the forthcoming new vegas, click below... i might try to work one into signature art soon but, i don't know... i like my RDR one biggrin.gif...

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/scree...1&album=100.
TheAnalogKid2112
Amazon says this game will be released November 16, 2010. I'm 99.99% sure they're just full of shit, but I decided to post it anyway.
§ynch
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Apr 3 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Amazon says this game will be released November 16, 2010.
I'm 99.99% sure they're just full of shit, but I decided to post it anyway.

Still it's good to have a ball park date. tongue.gif
Massacre
Fuck this fading out of memory shit. New Vegas is on my mind every single day, show some fucking love, you whores.

Read this shit.

And watch this.
PabloHoneyOle
This is still fresh on my mind. Like death, there is no escape from this game.
bOnEs
woah, i need to check out all of that shit tonight, it's all blocked here at work... but, those are some kick-ass new screens biggrin.gif...
Massacre
I'm looking forward to using that ghetto sledgehammer. Also, check the Taliban face wrap in the far right of the second pic.
bOnEs
i wonder if that dump truck in pic 2 is drivable?? it'd be like running over skags in borderlands, only it'll be raiders and mole rats...

EDIT: fuck, those were good reads... i'm liking the companion system more and more... even though i was a lone ranger in fallout 3, i still enjoyed company following me on quests... me and jericho were like peas and carrots...

the weapon mods are really going to change the combat dramatically i think... not the mechanics of VATS or anything like that but, the weapons you use will be hand-crafted by you... no more searching for 'ol painless or vengeance... instead, we'll be seeking out weapon mods locked away in chests to further improve lesser unique weapons... there might still be unique guns actually but, i can't wait to start mod'n weapons biggrin.gif...

that last paragraph in the IGN preview disappointed me because, they said the graphics look pretty much the same as they did in fallout 3... meaning, after two years they really haven't done much to that side of things... they improved the mechanics and the physics a bit but, they left the graphics alone... but then again, it could very easily be polished a little more near release and i'd be happy... i don't really care i guess but, i would of figured they would of put some effort into that department as well...
Massacre
Trust me, when you can afford a new PC, you'll be glad the graphics aren't much different. Not that you need too much improvement when you're running on full graphics settings. I'm just hoping they fix the walking animations.

Has anyone seen The Road with Viggo Mortensen? It's got a Fallout-type story and the setting is a lot like Point Lookout. Makes me want a child/teenage companion for roleplaying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.