Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General New Vegas Topic
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
TwoFacedTanner
I reckon thats a good enough reason as any. haha
Massacre
Screenshots would probably have sold you too. Have you ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games?

Well shit, did you play Fallout 3?
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 6 2010, 11:25 PM) *
Screenshots would probably have sold you too. Have you ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games?

Well shit, did you play Fallout 3?

Nigger please. I have played Elder Scrolls 1-4, and read the book. I'm an ES junkie.
And I played Fallout 3.

My main concern is that they haven't brought anything new to the table.

Obsidian did a good job or taking KOTOR from Bioware and making it better, so I guess that counts for something.
bOnEs
it's the same formula from fallout 3... which is a good thing because, you just don't change an award-winning system... but, there's new stuff... new storyline, new karma system, new dialog branches, new enemies, new weapons, and the ability to mod your weapons with customizable parts like scopes and larger ammo clips... this will make having your own personal weapon feel unique to your character... i love it when i can make my character unique biggrin.gif... it's the reason why i always wore the tenpenny security outfit and the tenpenny suit on my evil file... no one else in the game had it after the assault on tenpenny towers...

there's also a new companion wheel system, which will make your companions more accessible and easier to control... there's gambling on the strip, there's vaults, and there's a huge power struggle for the last remaining energy in the mojave wasteland, the hoover dam biggrin.gif...

anything else you want to know about? laugh.gif...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 7 2010, 04:56 PM) *
it's the same formula from fallout 3... which is a good thing because, you just don't change an award-winning system... but, there's new stuff... new storyline, new karma system, new dialog branches, new enemies, new weapons, and the ability to mod your weapons with customizable parts like scopes and larger ammo clips... this will make having your own personal weapon feel unique to your character... i love it when i can make my character unique biggrin.gif... it's the reason why i always wore the tenpenny security outfit and the tenpenny suit on my evil file... no one else in the game had it after the assault on tenpenny towers...

there's also a new companion wheel system, which will make your companions more accessible and easier to control... there's gambling on the strip, there's vaults, and there's a huge power struggle for the last remaining energy in the mojave wasteland, the hoover dam biggrin.gif...

Sounds awesome. You're really excited aren't you? lol.
bOnEs
did the smileys give it away? laugh.gif...
DuPz0r
mmm-hmmm.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 7 2010, 10:56 AM) *

Nope, I'm sold. Just have to decide whether I'm gonna get Fable 3 or this first.

Massacre, as a fellow Fableista, what is your opinion on that?
DuPz0r
Is there any point in asking Mass which he'd prefer. I know fo' sho' he'll pick this, even if he does like fable lots.

To be honest I'm looking forward to this game a lot, but i don't like discussing it too much otherwise i might over-hype it, much like GTAIV when it came out.... sad.gif
Massacre
Fable and Fallout are both release-day purchases for me. I'm going to use Fable to help me take short breaks from Fallout so they'll both last longer. I'll also use Dragon Age 2 and Gears 3 to distract me from Fallout, and I'll do the same with Saints Row 3, if it's out next year.

Basically, anything I play is just a break from Fallout until we get a new GTA. Fallout, Fable, and GTA are my world. As badly as I've been sucked into WoW, it's still nothing compared to those three.
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 7 2010, 07:20 PM) *
Is there any point in asking Mass which he'd prefer. I know fo' sho' he'll pick this, even if he does like fable lots.

To be honest I'm looking forward to this game a lot, but i don't like discussing it too much otherwise i might over-hype it, much like GTAIV when it came out.... sad.gif

i am worried about that as well but, i am finding it hard to not read any new vegas articles... i think the hype for me has already reached it's peak, and that was back when it was first announced and the debut trailer came out...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 9 2010, 01:25 PM) *

i am worried about that as well but, i am finding it hard to not read any new vegas articles... i think the hype for me has already reached it's peak, and that was back when it was first announced and the debut trailer came out...

The hype has yet to begin. I expect the month of September to be flooded with new details, previews, "hands-on" previews and everything else Fallout: NV.

I thought there wasn't going to be much hype, but I realized this is merely the calm before the storm.
bOnEs
well, my hype level hasn't changed since the announcement, and i don't think it ever will... it was already to the ceiling...

actually, i take that back, i think the weeks leading up to the release is where the hype might go through the roof...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 9 2010, 04:13 PM) *
well, my hype level hasn't changed since the announcement, and i don't think it ever will... it was already to the ceiling...

actually, i take that back, i think the weeks leading up to the release is where the hype might go through the roof...

I hope you either

A.) Live with your parents and its their problem now.

or

B.) Fix that so you get your deposit back when you move out of your apartment.

if you own a house go fuck yourself. mad.gif
bOnEs
but, i do own my own place so, fuck you!! unless you want me to do it for you...
PabloHoneyOle
Speaking of hype, they just announced that Wayne Newton and a few other people will be voice actors in the game. Like I said, the lull of announcements you were speaking of is over, here comes the storm.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ga...es-its-talent/1

Fucking USA Today!
bOnEs
haha, danny trejo is in it laugh.gif... how cool is that? by the way, machete is coming out in september biggrin.gif...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/

you might remember the preview years ago in the grindhouse movie, planet terror... i thought it was a parody movie preview but, apparently it's now a full-fledged film with a huge cast including steven seagal, robert deniro and jessica alba...
bOnEs
i just made some new signature art based off this image... what do you think??

Massacre
Lettering needs darkened. Too clean. Nice, though.
bOnEs
yea, i forgot to dirty up the logo but, i'll just wait to do that when bethesda releases some new kickass art worthy of sig'n...
Massacre
While the topic is active, I just want to say that I finished the main game (Pre-Broken Steel) last night, and after the epilogue, rather than waking up in the Citadel, I was stuck in first-person staring at the ceiling in the Jefferson Memorial, unable to move. I reloaded my autosave and re-did the end several times, and it just kept happening. Fuck.
bOnEs
reload your save near-by... maybe it's before the march on the memorial... i never experienced that glitch but, it seems to be a world-wide problem.. i've seen it mentioned and i feared that it would happen to me... i have had the game lockup on me a couple of times on the march to the memorial... too much activity on the screen at once...

lol, i can remember one time walking past this pasture, just east of cantebury commons... brahmin, union temple people, crow and his protection, AND talon company all merged on that spot for some reason and kept locking up my game... i finally just had to fast-travel away from the temple of the union, and skip the quest to protect the union all the way to the lincoln memorial... i thought i it would be fun but, not at the cost of restarting my system a few more times...

EDIT: just west of canterbury... just west... sorry...
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 9 2010, 06:25 PM) *

I think that since fallout is more of a story driven game that that won't be too much of a problem.
bOnEs
so, what pre-order pack are you going with??

----------------------

Classic Pack - GameStop
* Armored Vault 13 Suit – Extensively patched up and dotted with piecemeal armor, this outfit is an homage to the classic ending of the original Fallout.
* Vault 13 Canteen – This handy device is useful for staving off dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave Wasteland.
* Weathered 10mm Pistol – A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra punch despite its modest size.
* 5 Stimpaks – Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.

Tribal Pack - Amazon & Direct2Drive
* Tribal Raiding Armor – Pieced together from scraps of armor, this outfit provides protection without impacting mobility.
* Broad Machete – This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks.
* 5 Bleak Venom doses – Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes short of work of most living targets.
* 10 Throwing Spears – If you would like to silently pin an enemy’s head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.

Caravan Pack - Steam and Walmart
* Lightweight Leather Armor – This hand-modified suit of leather armor reduces its overall weight without impacting its ability to protect.
* Sturdy Caravan Shotgun – Despite its rough appearance, this Caravan Shotgun will reliably fire 20 gauge shells until the Brahmin come home.
* 4 Repair Kits – Useful for repairing any outfit or weapon, Repair Kits are a valuable tool for any caravaner.
* Binoculars – The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous place, but with these trusty Binoculars you’ll be able to spot trouble coming.

Mercenary Pack - Bestbuy
* Lightweight Metal Armor – Modified for long-range travel, this Metal Armor sacrifices some protection for mobility and overall weight.
* Mercenary’s Grenade Rifle – Though similar to other 40mm Grenade Rifles in the Mojave Wasteland, this model has a faster reload cycle.
* 3 Super Stimpaks – When you absolutely, positively, need to keep your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.
* 3 Doctors Bags – Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull.

-----------------------

i want the caravan pack but, i am not so sure about pre-ordering with walmart, lol... i mainly want it for the binoculars but, the lightweight leather armor seems like a nice perk too... but, chances are i will end up with the boring classic pack from gamestop... at least it's got a water canteen but, i am not really sure how often i will play hardcore mode... maybe once? i think i would get more use out of the binoculars and the lightweight leather armor... and the tribal pack has some nice items as well such as the machete and the throwing spears...

what i don't get is, why are they giving you stimpaks in these packs?? does that mean that you start out the game with all these items, or are these one time offers that can only be used on one save file?? i need to know more details before i pre-order...
Massacre
Sadly, I'm stuck with the classic pack. I really want the mercenary pack (unless there's metal armor minus shoulder pads in-game), but after the shit service I got for my PC (the one I spent a month rebuilding on my own), I'm never shopping at Best Buy again.

The question is, do we get these things through DLC, or are they in the game files and require a code to unlock? If it's the latter, then technically, I'll have all four packs.
bOnEs
lucky bastard...

i just checked the walmart website and the pre-order bonus comes with ordering online only... and apparently the offer doesn't apply to the collectors edition... it's only indicated on the standard edition... that fucking blows... i want the collectors edition and, i don't want to order it online... looks like i am getting the shitty classic pack from the shitty gamestop place...

amazon includes theirs with the collectors edition, maybe walmart just isn't indicating it yet... same as bestbuy... dammit walmart, get your shit together for once...
PabloHoneyOle
I'm getting the Classic Pack and I'm selling every code possible on eBay. These little "bonuses" are useless to me.

Also, there is an article on Kotaku about the first 30 minutes of Fallout NV. Good read, but a few spoilers found within...

http://kotaku.com/5610615/my-first-30-minu...llout-new-vegas
bOnEs
haha, i checked bestbuy's pre-order stuff and they're throwing in new vegas drink coasters with a pre-order!! laugh.gif...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?ty...cat218300050036

the problem with those is, i don't think i would actually use them...
Massacre
Best Buy's doing it too? Kmart was doing that.
TwoFacedTanner
>_> Bitchnuts beat me to it.
bOnEs
lol, kmart... it's hard to believe they're still open... i think it was the martha stewart collection that kept them afloat years ago...

man, i hope walmart get this figured out soon... i really don't want to get this from gamestop... i hardly ever used the armored vault 101 suit in fallout 3 so, why would i use it in new vegas?? plus, the main character isn't even from a vault... dammit gamestop, why didn't you pick the caravan pack?! i'm sure you had first dibs...

lightweight mad max leather armor, a badass looking shotgun, VERY useful repair kits, and a cool set of binoculars so i don't have to use gun scopes all the time...
Qdeathstar
what do you all think the best option is? I think best buy or gamestop sound good. They are including stimpaks which leads to to believe that stimpaks might be a whole lot rarer this go around.
bOnEs
...or, just extremely valuable for when you play hardcore mode... if these items appear in your inventory from the get-go, they might prove to be very useful in hardcore mode... i think the repair kits might be more useful, especially if they can repair an item to 100% without having to collect duplicates or having a high repair skill...

i picked my pack with hardcore in mind... but, the water canteen might be the most useful hardcore mode item... i just don't like the rest of the stuff in their pack... i'm all for the caravan pack biggrin.gif...
Massacre
I think the repair kits fix an item up to your repair skill, without the need for duplicates. not sure, though.
bOnEs
yea, i was hoping for more... but hey, i'll take that as well... there's probably a few rare weapons that can't be repaired with a duplicate because there isn't one...
Massacre
That reminds me, I haven't used the Gauss Rifle since my first playthrough...
bOnEs
are these new?? i haven't seen them before... the fallout facebook page just added them...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Massacre
I forget his name, but that Super Mutant is the friendly mutant from Fallout 2. They used a unique model for him, he's the only mutant that looks like that.
bOnEs
yea, i recall reading something about that... that screenshot, and the one with the gangster car i've seen before... the car one i saw in one of the trailers... i like the first one i posted though... it's got the entrance to the strip biggrin.gif... good stuff...
Qdeathstar
Anyway, i read this topic and decided to go ahead and preorder from gamestop. I wasn't going to get the collectors edition since those things usually suck.. but poker chips and a card cover sold me.
DuPz0r
I like the look of the tribal pack and the caravan pack the most!
TwoFacedTanner
I really like the caravan pack.
Massacre
It's a shame the tribal pack has the boring raider blastmaster armor lookalike. I was hoping for new raider armor. At the very least they should include the Pitt armor.
bOnEs
yup... only the classic pack has unique looking armor... all of them have unique stats but, not unique skins... i hope there is more variety in armor... i know there's double the amount of weapons so, it wouldn't hurt to give us a bunch of different outfits too... i actually can't wait to see what unique armor sets there are... so far i've spotted a cowboy outfit but, i have no clue if it's unique or not... could be a gang outfit...
Massacre
The NCR outfits look more wastelandish. I'll probably rock those until I need tougher armor.
asthenia
Somebody sum up all 15 pages of this topic for me so I can partake in the conversation. is it really all New Vegas chat or is most of it just FO3 chat?
Massacre
It's mostly NV. Also kids, Obsidian is already working on DLC. Credit cards ready, you whores.
bOnEs
i'm thinking we need our own fallout section here because, half of us play it... or maybe we can get psy to give us our own ifallout.com website... i am going to have to start a new topic when the game comes out...
TwoFacedTanner
roll2.gif

iFallout.com?

Bones get the fuck outta here...just..just..get the fuck out man.

We don't need a website about what you(and D-O) do every weekend.
bOnEs
at least i don't go breaking limbs when i fall...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.