Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two-Timing
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Political & World News
Spoiler
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20100131/tap...an-03b3b4c.html

Who the fuck US really supporting?
0bs3n3
Screw China. As if Taiwan poses any military threat to mainland China. There is no way they would attack the mainland, purely defensive.

Also lol at threatening the financial recovery: "but you need us!". China will get hurt as well because they won't be getting any income from sales of manufactured goods, and the factories are owned by US corporations. QQ moar.
TreeFitty
US likes to help little countries in need. Who they are and what they offer is a selling point. and what ^he said^
Spoiler
China is threatening they that won't support sanction on Iran. they didn't support for Iraq invasion any way and who cares.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 31 2010, 05:03 AM) *
US likes to help little countries in need. Who they are and what they offer is a selling point. and what ^he said^

Help little countries? They don't do it because they want to help, they're based in about 200 countries.
Spoiler
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 05:11 AM) *

Help little countries? They don't do it because they want to help, they're based in about 200 countries.

The only country to do so and helping by raping the native girls like in Okinawa.
Heartless
The Han have been there since 230 AD. I don't think it's any of our business.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 12:11 AM) *

I never said that was the only reason. Note the part about what they offer. Plus we always use the "we're helping them" excuse to get in places.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 31 2010, 05:50 AM) *
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 31 2010, 12:11 AM) *

I never said that was the only reason. Note the part about what they offer. Plus we always use the "we're helping them" excuse to get in places.

Wasn't arguing with you, I was just stating fact and you just said it better there. ^
demon
QUOTE (article)
China has for years opposed U.S. arms sales to Taiwan, which it regards as part of its territory.

Screw China, they are just being imperialistic. Taiwan was once Chinese territory that's true, but the communists revolted and usurped China. The legal Chinese government fled to Taiwan. For this reason mainland China is Taiwan property! It should be Taiwan complaining on the Chinese arms race.

QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:00 AM) *
Screw China. As if Taiwan poses any military threat to mainland China. There is no way they would attack the mainland, purely defensive.

It's not that. China does not feel threathened, China regards Taiwan as their own turf.

QUOTE (SPOILER @ Jan 31 2010, 06:09 AM) *
China is threatening they that won't support sanction on Iran. they didn't support for Iraq invasion any way and who cares.

China is buying oil from Iran, everyone should care if China was willing to boycot Iran or not. But China would probably never stop buying their oil anyway.

Heartless
I'm pretty sure that this and the Russian-Lisbon deal is a sign that cold war never ended.
Marney1
QUOTE (Heartless @ Jan 31 2010, 06:36 AM) *
I'm pretty sure that this and the Russian-Lisbon deal is a sign that cold war never ended.

Spying by Russia and the Chinese has increased dramatically in the pst few years, at least in the UK.
Spoiler
Whatever you call it. it will never end as long as there is communist and the west.
0bs3n3
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 31 2010, 05:23 PM) *
QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Jan 31 2010, 06:00 AM) *

It's not that. China does not feel threathened, China regards Taiwan as their own turf.

Yeah, I know. But the dude in the article, Mr. Wambasadoor or whatever, was saying it's a threat to regional stability.

QUOTE (SPOILER @ Jan 31 2010, 03:43 PM) *
Who the fuck US really supporting?

Their own interests, to a degree.
Spoiler
i just saw the news and they are interviewing local main landers. They DO believe that Taiwan will some day attack them. talk about brain washing, not to mention limited access to information. no wonder 1.3 billions will fight and die if a handful decides to do so.
Heartless
I'll hazard a guess: In another 50 years, if we continue as we are now, we'll be seeing US troops in Taiwan in an Afghanistan style theatre. Nostrodamus eat your heart out.
Spoiler
either that or there is no country named taiwan.
0bs3n3
QUOTE (SPOILER @ Feb 1 2010, 12:28 PM) *

You realise it is virtually impossible for Taiwan to attack the mainland right? First, China has nukes. Second China has the biggest army in the world at around 2.5 million active troops compared to Taiwans paltry 300,000. You do the maths.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Jan 31 2010, 10:56 PM) *

You realise it is virtually impossible for Taiwan to attack the mainland right? First, China has nukes. Second China has the biggest army in the world at around 2.5 million active troops compared to Taiwans paltry 300,000. You do the maths.

I think he knows that. It's people in China trying to make it seem like they are the innocent guy.
Heartless

There's more to it then that. Taiwan is technically the correct seat of the ruling family of Ancient China. When the Communists took power, they forced the royals out to Taiwan. If, and when, the Taiwanese push to regain the mainland, every Chinese person has to ask themselves who it is that they exactly fight for.

Or;

Mexico declares war on the US. On which side does that put all the immigrants (legal or otherwise)?
Marney1
It would be nice to see the Chinese destroy all the factories in Taiwan and for the owners to decide they're better off back in the UK (US too I presume) where our own residents could get their jobs back. Everything seems to be made in Taiwan these days.

Not condoning conflict but I'm just saying that's one good thing that could come out of it.........but it won't.
TreeFitty
Very few items I see come from Taiwan.... China mostly with Mexico in second. Even if the factories are destroyed, the companies will probably find another cheap country over there to use.

Actually, the Chinese could probably make a blockade on Taiwan ships and really bend the country over.
Marney1
Which is why I said it won't happen. dry.gif <LOL
Spoiler
QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Feb 1 2010, 03:56 AM) *

hell yes, it's a donky vs tiger scenerio. but what i am saying is what TF posted. Mainlanders pretending to be being threatened.

If Taiwan really gone down, the most logical place to invest in is South East Asia.. like in Thailand for example, already started.

but nowadays everything is made in China and it will grew to be like that. What Taiwan left is mostly high-tech electronics.

So yeah, it won't happen and you guys have to keep upgrading yourself.
0bs3n3
QUOTE (SPOILER @ Feb 1 2010, 05:42 PM) *
QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Feb 1 2010, 03:56 AM) *

hell yes, it's a donky vs tiger scenerio. but what i am saying is what TF posted. Mainlanders pretending to be being threatened.

If Taiwan really gone down, the most logical place to invest in is South East Asia.. like in Thailand for example, already started.

but nowadays everything is made in China and it will grew to be like that. What Taiwan left is mostly high-tech electronics.

So yeah, it won't happen and you guys have to keep upgrading yourself.

Yeah, but cheap clothes aren't exactly the way of the future.

QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 1 2010, 03:59 PM) *

There's more to it then that. Taiwan is technically the correct seat of the ruling family of Ancient China. When the Communists took power, they forced the royals out to Taiwan. If, and when, the Taiwanese push to regain the mainland, every Chinese person has to ask themselves who it is that they exactly fight for.

Or;

Mexico declares war on the US. On which side does that put all the immigrants (legal or otherwise)?

What? China was like a republic for 50 years?

+ doubt the mainlanders are even allowed to know that.
Spoiler
QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Feb 1 2010, 08:00 AM) *
What? China was like a republic for 50 years?

+ doubt the mainlanders are even allowed to know that.

that is correct. history is written by the winner.I doubt that you would find about Tiananmen Square in any books in China.
the history stay on in conversations and younger generation won't give a shit. especially now that 1.3 billions doesn't have enough jobs to make a living.

as for cheap clothing.. well let's face it what doesn't china produce? even when i-phones are still not officially launch in Singapore, there are china make imitations all over, not legally of cause. And every industrial supplies are getting from China AND factory are shifting to there for lower costs alone. my previous company shift the factory there and left with headquarter.

what is educations and skills when they can divide an engineer job to 5 half-standard engineers. XD.png these guys have to be stopped. seriously. We are not even up to the standard of Taiwan economically and China is already taking away whatever they can!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.