Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Go to first unread comment on main page articles
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Important Information > Website & Forum Problems & Discussion
demon
When you go to read the latest comment on the main page, you are not taken to the latest comment. Some news articles gets very many comments and it would be nice to get directly to the first unread comment.

This is just a little feature that would be nice to have. Not a big issue. smile.gif

Edit: Topic title.

TreeFitty
Can't disagree, but on the same token you usually don't need to scroll too far down the page. These forums get pretty long but not usually the comments on the main pages.
Psy
It's something I could add, but it would require me saving and reading more data to the database every time you view a page which is only going to slow the site down even more than the achievements system causes already, so it's not something I intend to do any time soon. Thanks for the feedback though.
Hardcore Ottoman
I literally only thought of this because of the PS3 topic.
Marney1
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jan 30 2010, 11:39 PM) *
I literally only thought of this because of the PS3 topic.

Me too but the reply list never gets long enoiugh for it to become a problem imo.
TreeFitty
^Exactly. It's a little thing.
demon
QUOTE (Psy @ Jan 30 2010, 11:30 PM) *
It's something I could add, but it would require me saving and reading more data to the database every time you view a page which is only going to slow the site down even more than the achievements system causes already, so it's not something I intend to do any time soon. Thanks for the feedback though.

I didn't know it would slow down the server noticeable. Speed is more important than this little thing.
Only some articles gets a lot of comments.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.