Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Lost & Damned (PS3)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > Lost And Damned
Pages: 1, 2, 3
TreeFitty
I like having very few interests in games. Makes buying decisions a bit easier. tongue.gif
bOnEs
same hear... heavy rain was always an interesting choice but, i wasn't quite sold on it... however, i was willing to give it a shot... but, this episodes game thing throws a wrench in some wench... thanks R*, i might pass on one of the most unique PS3 exclusives because your releasing two games that are must buys for me...

EDIT: of course, i could always buy heavy rain later biggrin.gif... just like uncharted 2, they will always be there waiting for me when there's a drought in games to buy, even at full price... and i can see the early to mid summer being slow for me in terms of games to buy...

EDIT v2: also, this gives me more time to play uncharted 2 biggrin.gif... now i can wait until march 30th to get a game...
Flism
I was so happy when I heard the news! I played a bit on my friend's 360 and it was the missing piece to IV. I've always said the one thing missing was clubs and now I have that GTA IV (for me anyways) is perfect! Love you R*!

Also I'm looking forward to RDR & Heavy Rain and debt be damned I'm getting all of it!
Kid_Notorious
Glad i waited
Jimothey
I'm really happy about this, and I have managed to convince my other half to buy it for me as a late valantine's pressie.
biggrin.gif:D
ViceMan
From Wikipedia:

Differences from downloadable episodes

There are differences in how the disc content is experienced compared to the DLC versions of the same Grand Theft Auto episodes.

The DLC episodes add music to the existing radio stations in Grand Theft Auto IV and music from the original game is available while playing the DLC episodes, enabling all three games to play a combined soundtrack of over 300 songs. Episodes From Liberty City does not contain radio music included with Grand Theft Auto IV, nor does installing both discs on an Xbox 360 hard drive combine their soundtracks. However, Episodes includes radio stations that are not available for Grand Theft Auto IV. The Episodes soundtrack features over 150 songs, one-third of which are exclusive to the disc.

The gameplay content of the newer episode, The Ballad of Gay Tony, is identical between the Episodes disc and the DLC version, and the multiplayer features of Gay Tony are compatible regardless of version. However, because of updates to the map of Liberty City shared by both games on the disc, the Episodes version of The Lost and Damned cannot be used to join multiplayer sessions with users of the older DLC version of that game.

What a disappointment, I was hoping the content from all three would be combined... and that's not just the music, but the weapons and cars too. I don't want to have to quit TL&D and start up TBoGT just to drive a Bullet. Surely they could allow all the weapons and cars in MP games, just disable them in SP games for the obvious reasons.
Korben
Jeez... Thank God I checked on here... I was gonna give in and get a 360 in the next few weeks as well... Just saved a few hundred quid!!
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Korben @ Feb 5 2010, 03:36 AM) *
Jeez... Thank God I checked on here... I was gonna give in and get a 360 in the next few weeks as well... Just saved a few hundred quid!!

Almost became one of Marney's statistics. tongue.gif

(from news post)
QUOTE (Marney1)
There's got to be at least a few PS3 owners who have gone out today without hearing the news and bought themselves a 360 just so they can play this. laugh.gif

Got to admit it though I'd been considering doing just that myself
ViceMan
Anyone who buys a 360 for the sole purpose of two DLC packs is a fool. *looks at Marney*
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Feb 5 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Anyone who buys a 360 for the sole purpose of two DLC packs is a fool. *looks at Marney*

Hey! Hey Vicey! Hey Vicey! Vicey! Vicey! Hey Vicey - why did you look at me?
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 5 2010, 10:39 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Feb 5 2010, 09:03 PM) *

Hey! Hey Vicey! Hey Vicey! Vicey! Vicey! Hey Vicey - why did you look at me?

I dunno, I smelled something and assumed it was emanating from your direction.
Jacko
I did actually know some of the plot points of The Lost and Damned before I got the actual game for Xbox 360 because I had been playing it at my friend's house.
Massacre
The biggest problem with TLAD (aside from the fact that there are so many gay jokes it actually gets old) is the fact that Johnny is visibly different from Niko and Luis, you can tell just by looking at him that he's out of shape, and he runs slow as fuck. I felt like I was dragging like hell any time I wasn't on my bike. Just giving you guys fair warning.
Jacko
Sure Johnny runs slower than Niko or Luis but I dont think that makes him less of a cool protagonist.
TreeFitty
Details are a good thing. Just more of a challenge if he's slower.
Jacko
If Rockstar's people happen to read fansites then maybe they'll fix those little details. wink.gif
But what if you could add one exclusivity feature for PS3-version what would it be?
Massacre
QUOTE (Jacko90 @ Feb 16 2010, 02:11 PM) *
Sure Johnny runs slower than Niko or Luis but I dont think that makes him less of a cool protagonist.

He's still cool, it's just annoying.
Marney1
DuPz0r
I heard there were a load of new bikes at our disposal in this one? (:
Massacre
Yep. I'm not sure how many, at least a dozen, although I can only think of seven at the moment.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 16 2010, 01:01 PM) *
The biggest problem with TLAD (aside from the fact that there are so many gay jokes it actually gets old) is the fact that Johnny is visibly different from Niko and Luis, you can tell just by looking at him that he's out of shape, and he runs slow as fuck. I felt like I was dragging like hell any time I wasn't on my bike. Just giving you guys fair warning.

i thought i read somewhere that he has a limp in his walk, which slows him down... maybe from a bad altercation years ago that still bothers him? that'd be understandable... i know i'll have more fun with BOGT but, TL&D seems like it will have a better story... but, i won't know if that's true until i play it in a couple of weeks...
Marney1
Louis runs like an old man with arthritis.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marntard1 @ Mar 15 2010, 08:07 PM) *

*Johnny
Ex-PS Fanboy
Double T! (Or whatever that trippy looking street bike was....)
§ynch
QUOTE (E_Z @ Mar 16 2010, 10:22 AM) *
Double T! (Or whatever that trippy looking street bike was....)

That one is excellent. cool.gif

That one and many are reward bikes.
Quite the awesome game additions.
DuPz0r
When was the new release date again? I'm looking forward to this!
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Mar 16 2010, 05:56 AM) *
QUOTE (Marntard1 @ Mar 15 2010, 08:07 PM) *

*Johnny

No, Luis - it was a reply to bOnEs' post............so there!
TreeFitty
Episodes Live for Download @ Midnight Pacific Time
bOnEs
i've played about 30 minutes into it... i'm liking the tension between billy and johnny so far... but, i'm about to take a break for a couple of hours before i get back to it... mary jane called and wanted to stop by biggrin.gif...
Marney1
I'm looking forward to the new phone-ins on the radio and seeing how the new bike handling works. Do cars handle differently too, and is the collision damaged a bit different?
bOnEs
i don't know about the cars since i have yet to get in one but, the bikes do handle a little different... the controls seem a little tighter and yes, the collision problem with niko has been fixed... i literally drove right into a wall to test it and i didn't fly off biggrin.gif...
TreeFitty
I think the cars are the same. only ever mention the better bike handling.
DuPz0r
Was this patch on GTA IV recently something to do with this expansion or what?

/edit dw, i found this:

GTA IV PS3 patch version 1.06, which fixes several bugs and improves load times.

Issues fixed include the '50 friends list' bug, a number of glitches, and loading the game sequences with less lag.

To quote: The patch fixed some serious problems, read the list below:

• 50 Friends List bug fixed
• Online multiplayer game preferences (Friendly Fire, Auto Aim, Cops)
• Updated trophy list
• Apparently faster loading times everywhere, less lag
• Popular BDBII glitch fixed
• Car blip off glitch fixed

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Online/gta-iv-p.../#ixzz0l0vhZt9j
Marney1
That's interesting because the other day I was fucking about on multiplayer and couldn't turn friendly fire on, auto aim off or turn cops off. The options on the phone where sort of faded but because I've lost all my saved GTA IV data I just presumed that's how it must be until you pass the first in-game mission or something. It was like that for a few hours then was ok again.

Also, do these GTA patches automatically download when you go online next time? < LOL I think that's the first question and reason I found this site in the first place.
TreeFitty
Wonder if the Bomb da Base Glitch is actually fixed.
ConQueSteD
The online game preferences is annoying as fuck. I surprised they added it seeing as alot of people were annoyed by it on Xbox.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I got BoGT. I plan on buying Teh LAD later tonight.
bOnEs
i'm having a good 'ol time in liberty city again... the bikes are so fun to drive now that, i've only used a car a couple of times and a taxi twice... i'd rather just ride to my destination biggrin.gif... and the new weapons are SWEET!! the auto-pistol so far is my favorite... the grenade launcher is cool but, i still prefer the RPG's right now... and that sawed-off shotty makes quick work of vehicles and enemies... too bad it's only a 2-shot clip...

and the story isn't as strong as niko's "land of opportunity" story because your stepping into the shoes of an already established character in the world of liberty city so, it makes connecting with him less important it seems... i feel like i am trying to continue his legacy, which is what i'm sure luis lopez will feel like... instead of laying the foundation for his future like with niko... you just don't feel the connection like you did in IV...

and i've read that johnny isn't exactly a likable character but, i find him to be very likable as he's trying to do what's best for the lost, even if their way of life isn't exactly sunshine... but, billy is a real asshole and probably the representation of what a gritty biker gang should be like... johnny seems to have the best interest of his fellow bikers in mind whereas billy has the best interests of sex/drugs/rock'n'roll in mind... some of his friends are pretty cool like clay and jim... and the lost clubhouse is frikin sweet!! biggrin.gif... the new minigames you play there are entertaining...

i'm about 45% completed but, i have no clue how that translates to progression with the story since i've done a few races and turf wars... as well as a couple bike thefts...
Marney1
Just got EFLC bitches! Traded in Heavy Rain at GameStation for £25.20 and already had £11 on my gift card so although it's not really free it does feel like it. Can't play until later though because I've got to go have a family meal with the in-laws. sad.gif
trathen93
QUOTE (marney1 @ Apr 16 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Just got EFLC bitches! Traded in Heavy Rain at GameStation for £25.20 and already had £11 on my gift card so although it's not really free it does feel like it. Can't play until later though because I've got to go have a family meal with the in-laws. sad.gif

can I borrow it. zavvi are shit. they said it was guaranteed for release day and it didnt arrive with the post. rang them up and said it was guaranteed to arrive today, can i get some compensation?(voucher or something, worth a go) and the idiot on the other end said he cant do anything, i will get it tomorrow or monday then hung up.
DuPz0r
I'm loving TL&D So far. I wasn't expecting the full frontal male nudity O_o lol. The Story missions are really gritty, and very interesting. Is it me or have they added a heavy noise filter?!
Marney1
Only been playing for about 30 minutes but don't like the gritty texture they've given it. Suppose I'll get used to it though as I presume it's supposed to be like that. I can't even get passed the 'Steal The Bikes' mission (with the truck) haven't played GTA properly for about 12 months except MP. Vice City FM is great! I'll play the story properly tomorrow.
DuPz0r
It gets better. The grain becomes less noticeable over time. The weather gets brighter too, because i know it starts out all grey and gritty.
ConQueSteD
you can remove the noise filter from the Game Options if it annoys you too much, but i preferred to keep it.
DuPz0r
I love the striker shotgun and the fully automatic pistol! Great new weapons.
trathen93
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Apr 16 2010, 03:30 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Apr 16 2010, 02:41 PM) *

can I borrow it. zavvi are shit. they said it was guaranteed for release day and it didnt arrive with the post. rang them up and said it was guaranteed to arrive today, can i get some compensation?(voucher or something, worth a go) and the idiot on the other end said he cant do anything, i will get it tomorrow or monday then hung up.

I couldnt wait til monday so i went to argos after me mate said he'd give me £23 for my zavvi copy when it comes, sorted. bit of lost and damned now
DuPz0r
I just finished TL&D story missions. Only have 68% overall, but I'll go back and get 100% once i've finished TBoGT.
I really liked the last mission. I knew there had to be a mission in there, it was inevitable.
bOnEs
i started to like the grainy look after a while... and yes, the weapons in this add-on were the highlight for me... the automatic combat shotgun, the sawed-off (which took out vehicles in 2 shots!!), the grenade launcher, the automatic pistol, and the pipe bombs... i used all of them all the time... not the sawed-off so much though once i unlocked the other one...
Marney1
Still haven't played much but I've been enjoying the sawn-off for the first time ever for some reason. Maybe because it sounds realistic?
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 17 2010, 05:56 PM) *
i started to like the grainy look after a while... and yes, the weapons in this add-on were the highlight for me... the automatic combat shotgun, the sawed-off (which took out vehicles in 2 shots!!), the grenade launcher, the automatic pistol, and the pipe bombs... i used all of them all the time... not the sawed-off so much though once i unlocked the other one...

The sawn off was so-so, its only advantage was being able to use it on a bike, but I soon traded it in for the streetsweeper. Pipe bombs aren't much different from 'nades and the automatic pistol was nearly identical to the micro-uzi. The grenade launcher was probably my favourite for its uniqueness.

The filter took a bit of getting used to, especially in the dark clubhouse. I'm sure TBoGT has a filter too, the contrast between light and dark seems to be more noticeable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.