Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ballad of Gay Tony (PS3)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > Ballad Of Gay Tony
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DuPz0r
So, fitty. Will we be seeing you on the PS3 version at all...? smile.gif
angeal18
Fuck, I gotta find somebody to share this off from....
TreeFitty
Since the only time I get on is the morning for you, probably not.
trathen93
this is a bit late but for anyone in the UK zavvi.co.uk have got a voucher code that gets you £2 off any order over £20. this means u can get the game for £22.95. I dont personally know about the dispatch time but if im saving money then its worth it. I only had to order again 5 mins ago cos my other card ran out last month and the fuckers cant take any money from an expired card. arghhhh. tell me earlier please.

EDIT : forgot to put the code in, its APRIL2
bOnEs
so far, this one seems jam-packed with stuff to do... club management is OK but, i failed my only attempt when i ran over the paparazzi laugh.gif... when they told me to not hurt any of them, i had already ran one over by that time biggrin.gif... but, it seems kind of fun... the fight club looks pretty badass but, i haven't gone back to it since the original initial mission...

the few missions i have done have been fun, and the new SMG is lethal!! too bad you can't use it in a car though, which might make it useless if i don't find something else that works better in a car besides the pistol... but, the new weapon is definitely a room-clearing machine...

yusaf amir is a pretty funny guy... and that first mission of his was CRAZY!! i can tell he's going to steal the spotlight in this add-on... while tony and luis play well off each other, yusaf just seems to be the "brucie" from IV... the scene stealer... but man, luis is a pretty funny guy himself... at one point, tony said that luis could have the clubs if he ever died... and luis said, "does that mean i inherit the debt too? if that's the case, i don't want them laugh.gif"...

while i liked TLAD story, this one so far might be better in the end... the gritty biker tale was a true R* story but, this one seems to have stronger characters and a better flow to it... some of the missions in TLAD seemed either out of place or rushed... i haven't noticed that yet with BOGT...
DuPz0r
I've only done the first mission, but i can tell already that I'm going to enjoy this one a little more than TL&D smile.gif

Oh yeah Yusuf Amir is Fucking Hilarious! I havent snooped at the credits, but i swear the voice is Omid Djalili.
Funny stuff though.
bOnEs
he sounds like roman's character to me laugh.gif...
DuPz0r
Roman sounds Serbian, Yusuf sound Iranian... Sort of close i guess....

I've played about 25% of this now. I'm loving all the shit that's happened so far. Luis has been pretty busy dropping his load all over town...
trathen93
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *
I've only done the first mission, but i can tell already that I'm going to enjoy this one a little more than TL&D smile.gif

Oh yeah Yusuf Amir is Fucking Hilarious! I havent snooped at the credits, but i swear the voice is Omid Djalili.
Funny stuff though.

it is Omid Djalili. the voice stands out so much, cant wait to start doing some more missions on tbogt, finishing TL&D first.

Gay tony's car is class, reminds me of the merc e class
ViceMan
How many times did it take everyone to do Mori's last mission, I lost count after 20 odd times, stupid bits of debris kept launching me into the water if you drive over them wrong. And the camera angle that distracts you as you drive over a tiny little bump which sends you flying into the wall on the right.

And the Schafter is in GTA IVanilla.
GLC
It took me three attempts. The first I hit debris and flipped into the water. The next I went too wild on a corner and ended up in the water again. Then I just went around quite cautiously and slow, though still keeping up, and managed to finish it. The end cutscene is hilarious.

I won't be going for those trophies where you have to complete all the mission objective things to 75% and 100%. Most of mine are at 0% because I either used a taxi or died and used the try again text you get sent. Oh well. I'll still want to replay some of the missions through the phone, a lot of fun ones I wanna do again.

Has anyone tried the fight club? I struggled through to the end of round three and some cunt ran out with a fucking baseball bat...
ViceMan
QUOTE (GLC @ Apr 18 2010, 05:54 PM) *
I won't be going for those trophies where you have to complete all the mission objective things to 75% and 100%. Most of mine are at 0% because I either used a taxi or died and used the try again text you get sent. Oh well. I'll still want to replay some of the missions through the phone, a lot of fun ones I wanna do again.

I hadn't failed a mission up until that one, then after it I must have had about 25 failiures.

Has anyone tried the fight club? I struggled through to the end of round three and some cunt ran out with a fucking baseball bat...

I got DQ'd at the third round cause I got carried away and pushed the guy and myself out of the arena.
DuPz0r

I died at the same point. I had about 3/4 health up until then, and he just raped me with the bat in a couple of hits...

Anyone like Yusif's and Moris's Cars? I know i'll be redoing those mission at some point just for the cars.

Oh yeah, anyone notice that they have introduced checkpoints now? I think that is a good call. I hated it when in IV i died stupidly right at the end of a mission or something and had to do the whole mission again...

Edit/
I got DQ'd at the third round cause I got carried away and pushed the guy and myself out of the arena.

I also did this lol

I played Golf for the first time just now. I got a trophy for hitting the flag pole four times, i wasn't even aware that trophy was there.
GLC
Getting DQ'd has happened to me a few times too. Luis lunges forward when he punches, so it's possible to accidentally leave the area if the fight is near the gate...Annoying.

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Apr 18 2010, 06:21 PM) *
I played Golf for the first time just now. I got a trophy for hitting the flag pole four times, i wasn't even aware that trophy was there.

Yeah, I didn't really like the golf, but in the only time I played it I managed to get the trophy.
ViceMan
QUOTE (GLC @ Apr 18 2010, 06:27 PM) *
Yeah, I didn't really like the golf, but in the only time I played it I managed to get the trophy.

I got that one and the one for dancing in both clubs. I've already told you of my hilarious experience at the gay club.
GLC
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 18 2010, 06:33 PM) *
I've already told you of my hilarious experience at the gay club.

Lol, the same shit happened to me yesterday. Some tubby guy jumped off the stage and stared at me for a while, then started breakdancing, hilarious because he was really fat and gay. When he was done he just jumped back onto the stage and carried on dancing in the background.
ViceMan
QUOTE (GLC @ Apr 18 2010, 06:45 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 18 2010, 06:33 PM) *
I've already told you of my hilarious experience at the gay club.

Lol, the same shit happened to me yesterday. Some tubby guy jumped off the stage and stared at me for a while, then started breakdancing, hilarious because he was really fat and gay. When he was done he just jumped back onto the stage and carried on dancing in the background.

When I did it it was a typical gay guy; muscley, tanktop, moustache. He stood there with his arms folded and his head cranked to the side while I was dancing with the bird, then he stepped forward and beckoned to me, then began dancing. After i'd finished dancing he backed away onto the podium where he came from. Faackin' hilarious.
§ynch
QUOTE (GLC @ Apr 18 2010, 08:54 AM) *
Cage fighting challenge....

It's the only thing keeping me from 100% completion.

You need to disarm the weapon guys.

Still the health level is so low by then, after a couple of hundred tries, haven't gotten to the final round.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 18 2010, 05:21 PM) *
How many times did it take everyone to do Mori's last mission, I lost count after 20 odd times, stupid bits of debris kept launching me into the water if you drive over them wrong. And the camera angle that distracts you as you drive over a tiny little bump which sends you flying into the wall on the right.

And the Schafter is in GTA IVanilla.

I just did it first time. I almost got 100% but the car damage was like 5% over!
bOnEs
same as dup... i beat mori's last mission on the first try, and was damn near flawless too... i tried to get the "dancing" trophy but apparently i'm doing it wrong?? i thought i danced perfect in both clubs but, i still didn't get the trophy... does that whole "dance off" at hercules count, or do i need to do a solo dance? BTW, i fear dancing at hercules any more than i have to... i am not even sure if that's a woman he dances with...

ohh, and i finished this add-on... the story was certainly better than TLAD but the weapons were not... while the explosive combat rifle is probably the coolest weapon of both add-ons, johnny just had a bigger selection of better weapons... the cars were cool in BOGT but, the ability to ride bikes just makes TLAD better for vehicles... but, that buzzard is pretty fucking cool...

overall though, the BOGT was the better add-on... and the story hummed along at a nice pace... none of the missions seemed out of place or rushed like they did in TLAD... we got to see a different side of brucie where he WASN'T the alpha male, and yusaf is the man, niggas!!

did anyone catch the scene in the credits of a character leaving the city??
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 19 2010, 03:30 PM) *

We all know about Packie leaving LC. The diamond hobo was shown dancing with some bikini women by a pool too. Makes me think he and Packie will at least make an appearance in the next game.
DuPz0r
Huh, did my last post get deleted or some shit? or did i even finsh posting it...
Fuck knows, i'm a bit drunk. I finished Gay Tony earlier today, and loved every minute of it. The replay missions feature is brilliant, and i think they should do that in every GTA from now on!

I Think i posted about how for me, tBoGT brought back nostalgic memories of GTA3 towards the end. The Mission in the central park reminded me so much of the missions for Ray Machowski. And the fact each mission felt so awesome, it reminded me of how i felt when i first played through GTA3. IV did have some disappointments, and the DLC/Expansion packs have really done a good job of filling those missing areas of disappointment in.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 19 2010, 01:13 PM) *

We all know about Packie leaving LC. The diamond hobo was shown dancing with some bikini women by a pool too. Makes me think he and Packie will at least make an appearance in the next game.

well, i never read any spoilers on the episodes last year so, i was pleasantly surprised...
Mekstizzle
Gotta love the way he bops and walks around in the club, the animation in this game is too slick
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Apr 19 2010, 04:50 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Apr 19 2010, 01:13 PM) *

well, i never read any spoilers on the episodes last year so, i was pleasantly surprised...

... I hope Packie went to Boston. Or rather, shipped up to Boston, if you catch my obvious meaning.
TheAnalogKid2112
This game is too awesome. I have like 13/15 base jumps done. Those are a lot of fun but a few are really challenging.
TreeFitty
Just did them all last night. Took a taxi everywhere for speed. I'll go back later to get 100% accuracy.
TheAnalogKid2112
The drug wars are going to be easy to get but very time consuming. I've only done 3 but it feels like way more.
bOnEs
they're considerably more easier than the turf wars in the lost and damned... those took a ton of work to get to 25 because the enemies kept getting progressively harder and bigger in numbers... are you skipping on the lost and damned, analog??
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 24 2010, 02:43 PM) *
they're considerably more easier than the turf wars in the lost and damned... those took a ton of work to get to 25 because the enemies kept getting progressively harder and bigger in numbers... are you skipping on the lost and damned, analog??

Yes. I was told it was repetitive and not worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.