Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apple iPad
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Geek Central
Pages: 1, 2
Marney1
Ten Ways It Could Change Your Life
And what it might look like....

Spoiler
this is the future to replace laptops.. love to get one. when are they launching it?
TreeFitty
this thing has been hyped for soooo long.
PabloHoneyOle
Yawn.

It's just a big iPhone.
bOnEs
never heard of it... and quit frankly, it looks silly...
Marney1
QUOTE (SPOILER @ Jan 27 2010, 03:02 PM) *
this is the future to replace laptops.. love to get one. when are they launching it?

Dunno but it's going to be unveiled for the first time at 1pm EST today so we might learn in the next hour.
TreeFitty
It'll probably not look like anything we expected. At least I hope so.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 27 2010, 05:28 PM) *
It'll probably not look like anything we expected. At least I hope so.

It might not even be called a Tablet or an iSlate; Big Apple? happy.gif
TreeFitty
"iTab" or something short probably. Not like it'll matter if it doesn't deliver from the hype.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 27 2010, 05:38 PM) *
"iTab" or something short probably. Not like it'll matter if it doesn't deliver from the hype.

It'll matter to these investors but who cares about them? tongue.gif

bOnEs
apple is almost as bad as microsoft in "over-hyping" their products... a glorified iphone is far from innovative...
Massacre
TreeFitty
That's why I'm hoping all this hype wasn't for nothing. Although the hype wasn't really from Apple, it was from people trying to guess what the fuck it would be and do.

edit: ^there we go
Marney1
This is the Apple iPad.

TreeFitty
was gonna say iPad but thought it sounded too much like iPod.
Marney1
There's going to be a lot of people getting numb legs while sitting on the shitter when it hits the shelves.

Ex-PS Fanboy
I don't get it, what the fuck is this thing?
TreeFitty
A tablet (big touch screen) made by Apple. And they probably shoved all of their iPod/iPhone crap in there.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 27 2010, 02:23 PM) *
A tablet (big touch screen) made by Apple. And they probably shoved all of their iPod/iPhone crap in there.

So it's a giant, faster, iPhone?
bOnEs
exactly... i never saw a use for an iphone and, i don't see any use for a bigger version either...

all it seems like to me is apple's version of the netbook that has a touch screen...
Ex-PS Fanboy
My iPhone does me fine for portable web uses. All I use it for is Youtube and google'ing the occassional fact.
TreeFitty
and now you can have one that acts like a PC. I'm sure it'll be on ebay for a million $.
Ex-PS Fanboy
My iPhone cost me enough as it is, now they have one 10x the size of it

Have fun paying $5500 for it.

Stephen Colbert wants one of these apparently...
TreeFitty
I think it's just a touch screen version of the MacBook Air. Probably doesn't do too much since it's so thin.
bOnEs
supposedly, it starts out at $500 or something small like that... hell, for that price i WOULD buy a netbook, they're usually around $200...
Marney1
I'm gonna patent a magnifying glass for the iPod like the GameBoy had and everyone can experience the iPad for a much lower price.

marney1@ipodmagnifier.com
TreeFitty
they probably have that.
demon
QUOTE (SPOILER @ Jan 27 2010, 04:02 PM) *

They said something on TV a few hours ago, I think it was launched earlier today.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 27 2010, 06:54 PM) *

Haha. tongue.gif

QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Jan 27 2010, 08:26 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 27 2010, 02:23 PM) *

So it's a giant, faster, iPhone?

Giants are slow. So it's likely to be a big slow giant.

Buy it for $ 1999 or something. Hang it on the wall and use it as a digital photo frame! Occasionally take it down and make a phone call, and maybe play Tetris 3D. Halleluja!

OptimumPx
So, it's a giant iPhone that doesn't make calls?

Pass. sleep.gif

And it's never going to replace laptops as long as it still uses a virtual keyboard. It's got less then half a screen compared to a normal laptop and with the virtual keyboard taking up half again when in use you'd have a fun time trying to use it.
demon
QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Jan 27 2010, 09:50 PM) *
So, it's a giant iPhone that doesn't make calls?

Pass. sleep.gif

And it's never going to replace laptops as long as it still uses a virtual keyboard. It's got less then half a screen compared to a normal laptop and with the virtual keyboard taking up half again when in use you'd have a fun time trying to use it.

So... don't sell your PSP yet lol.

EDIT: I actually meant don't sell your GameBoy.

The Awesome One
Wow, and its under a grand? drool.gif
River
i for one am soooo not impressed. its like a giant iphone or ipad. I'll stick with my laptop/smartphone thanks.
demon
In the future we can expect alot of different devices.

The iPad was developed for females. No question about it. I can see Always being worried.
ibad, or was it just the iPad spelled wrong?
iSad, not yet confirmed. A phone with a big bright screen to cheer up emos.
iDad, still in development. A phone specially designed for online banking (sperm banks).
iWad, not yet confirmed. The sex industry and Hugh Hefner is said to be sponsor.
iPimp, a name heard in their corridors. Nothing is known.

The above model names was stolen from Apples research facilities and Steve Job's office. It's not difficult to think of alot of other funny namies with an "i" in front of it.

TreeFitty
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 27 2010, 08:40 PM) *

The iPad was developed for females. No question about it. I can see Always being worried.
iDad, still in development. A phone specially designed for online banking (sperm banks).
iWad, not yet confirmed. The sex industry and Hugh Hefner is said to be sponsor.

The above model names was stolen from Apples research facilities and Steve Job's office. It's not difficult to think of alot of other funny namies with an "i" in front of it.

:-/
Darth Sexy
Yeah, not quite as revolutionary as people were claiming.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Darth Sexy @ Jan 28 2010, 02:04 AM) *
Yeah, not quite as revolutionary as people were claiming.

yuppers, just some more miscrosoft apple hype that never delivered... if this thing could run OSX and had a bit of power, it would be something quite awesome... instead, we get a bigger ipod touch that can display e-books and runs on the iphone operating system... not even close to innovative...
Pieface
Good if you commute on public transport so you can go on the internet, or read books easier.

And, er, thats about it.
Psy
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 28 2010, 01:40 AM) *

iSpy - Special app for the iPhone camera that lets you see through people's clothes wink.gif
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jan 28 2010, 09:12 PM) *
Good if you commute on public transport so you can go on the internet, or read books easier.

And, er, thats about it.

I'm still stuck in the paper age when it comes to books, and I have no intention of changing.
Handsome B Wonderful
Possibly the most pointless device since tivo.

btw, i know the show's tripe, but did anyone see the ipad on MadTV a few years ago? Apple obviously didn't.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 27 2010, 05:12 PM) *
Yawn.

It's just a big iPhone.

Agreed, and I think the iPhone is pointless.
trathen93
you could do the trigger happy tv thing with the giant mobile. people would actually think its a giant iphone.

The Awesome One
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Jan 28 2010, 09:55 PM) *
you could do the trigger happy tv thing with the giant mobile. people would actually think its a giant iphone.

Or that you work for trigger happy TV.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (River @ Jan 27 2010, 05:51 PM) *
i for one am soooo not impressed. its like a giant iphone or ipad. I'll stick with my laptop/smartphone thanks.

Yeah, this thing doesn't look to amazing. For one, virtual keyboard, secondly, It's flat, that would be a serious bitch to hold. I'ma just go buy a Macbook instead.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Jan 28 2010, 04:55 PM) *

clap.gif i love that show and would probably do it.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 28 2010, 06:19 PM) *
QUOTE (El-Nino @ Jan 28 2010, 04:55 PM) *

clap.gif i love that show and would probably do it.

Then you'd drop it and be out $500
TreeFitty
Obviously I'm not gonna spend that much on this thing in the first place. If I had that kind of cash to waste, it wouldn't matter if I dropped it.
Marney1
Full specs here.
TreeFitty
^a giant iPhone is ALL it is...
Marney1
I'm personally not interested in gadgets and stuff and I haven't even read what it can or can't do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.