Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tags tags tags...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA III Series > GTA San Andreas
Aldarad
Spraying 100 tags is boooooring.
So how important is it? Will it help me finish the mainquest?
And is there a mod that marks them like it was with the first 5 ?
Marney1
You will only find gang tags in Los Santos of which there are a hundred, when you've sprayed them all out you will find you have access to an array of weapons back at 'The Johnson House' which include molotovs, the Tech 9 and AK plus you'll gain a bit of respect.

Make sure you make regular saves as you spray them out though because it can be a pain trying to keep track of which ones you've done.
TreeFitty
They aren't that bad. Here's a map of them: http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/guides/tagsmap/index.php
Weasel
there is also a program that will show you which ones you have missed.
A simple program wherein you open the specific *.b save file. It also gives much useful information on other subjects of the game.
http://www.filefront.com/14307199/SAMA.zip/

I usually grab the paint can off the roof and from the slabhome on the hill just after my first save.
Then I do the burglary missions to get CJ infinate Sprint and spend the next hour or so Running CJ around to build up his Stamina (& health) spraying the tags. That way I have a nice cache of weapons to start with. I also pickup what ever Free weapons there is spinning about on roof tops, in alleys, under bridges, in buildings, etc.
makes for a nice pre start to the actual missions.

Heck... while your at it do the Firefighting Missions too. Get CJ fireproof, very useful later, and pickup some easy ca$h while you're at it.

And, the map referenced by TreeFitty IS the most acurate of the 6ix I have found on the Internet.
All this before your second game save and first Real mission. thumbup.gif
demon
QUOTE (Aldarad @ Jan 27 2010, 12:15 PM) *

There's a nice reward for everything. wink.gif

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 27 2010, 06:31 PM) *
They aren't that bad. Here's a map of them: http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/guides/tagsmap/index.php

That's a very good map, TF. I have seen a few.
§ynch
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 27 2010, 09:07 PM) *
QUOTE (Aldarad @ Jan 27 2010, 12:15 PM) *

There's a nice reward for everything. wink.gif

Yep that was my initiative for getting them all done ASAP.
Like as early as possible as soon as they are unlocked.

Specifically in San Andreas, the molotovs are more useful
than the grenades because you can become fireproof early on.
That helps in a lot of missions as well as the gang wars.
Having an AK early is self-explanatory, very helpful.
With the sawnoff and Tec-9, these are dual-wieldable
weapons which need CJ to practice to get max gun skill.
I remember shooting out tires of Sweet's ride, running back
in for more ammo spwan, and repeating. Very quickly the
dual-wielding gun skill/capability can be completed.

All from the tagging. biggrin.gif

While there are 100 tags in Los Santos, there are only 50 of the equivalent in the other 2 cities.
In San Fierro, the photo ops bring another 4 weapon spawns at the garage,
and in Las Venturas, the horse shoes bring the final 4 weapon group spawns to the 4 Dragons.
Bitch Heartless
I did them using a guide when I went for 100%..
demon
QUOTE (Bitch Heartless @ Jan 28 2010, 11:24 PM) *
I did them using a guide when I went for 100%..

Me too. Doing them without a map and a checklist is a hopeless task at the beginning of the game when you're a stranger in the city.

TreeFitty
That's the way it is with all the hidden things scattered around in any of the GTA games. It will take you FOREVER to find them all unassisted.
Jacko
You should definitely use some sort of map finding them and make sure you keep a list of your tags so you dont get confused which ones you've found and which of you haven't.
KillerAce
I think it also gives all if your gang members tech 9s and deagles which pretty much makes them awesome in gang wars.
Weasel
I've only experienced Grove Street Gangmenbers carrying the Desert Eagle when CJ has One in his possession.
demon
QUOTE (Weasel @ Feb 28 2010, 08:58 AM) *
I've only experienced Grove Street Gangmenbers carrying the Desert Eagle when CJ has One in his possession.

That is a coincidence. But maybe the chance for someone carrying a Deagle increases if CJ possess one? After all the chance for meeting a certain type of car in the traffic increases if CJ drives that type of car. I don't know, but the same could apply for weapons.
emperorjj1
QUOTE (Weasel @ Jan 27 2010, 12:03 PM) *
there is also a program that will show you which ones you have missed.
A simple program wherein you open the specific *.b save file. It also gives much useful information on other subjects of the game.
http://www.filefront.com/14307199/SAMA.zip/

I usually grab the paint can off the roof and from the slabhome on the hill just after my first save.
Then I do the burglary missions to get CJ infinate Sprint and spend the next hour or so Running CJ around to build up his Stamina (& health) spraying the tags. That way I have a nice cache of weapons to start with. I also pickup what ever Free weapons there is spinning about on roof tops, in alleys, under bridges, in buildings, etc.
makes for a nice pre start to the actual missions.

Heck... while your at it do the Firefighting Missions too. Get CJ fireproof, very useful later, and pickup some easy ca$h while you're at it.

And, the map referenced by TreeFitty IS the most acurate of the 6ix I have found on the Internet.
All this before your second game save and first Real mission. thumbup.gif

nice is there anything like that for the horseshoes oysters or snapshots?
Weasel
The same program. just check the box you want.
emperorjj1
sweet. that should help me get closer. idk if ill make 100% to be honest but i'm close. 96.4 or something like that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.