Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battlefield:Bad Company 2
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
DonkeyTits
Just bought/reserved the game for pc. I'd only played Battlefield 2 for a few hours, but a few friends are getting this and the gameplay footage looks awesome. Anyone else interested?
Also, the game's supposed to have completely destructible environments, ftw. Already looks better than COD:MW2

watch in high def, of course:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepiJznvvY0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8kVc0iKZI
ENVi3
yeah i have been watching out for this game, and I think this will be the new thing i play after MW2. I never played Bad Company 1 online, but i did play the story when i rented it, and it was ok ... I am hoping Bad Company 2 is better.
I think a demo is supposed to hit the PSN/xboxlive next Thursday (Feb 4).
TreeFitty
Watched a video of it on Game Trailers today. The textures and animation look fantastic.
DonkeyTits
After playing for 8 hours yesterday and 8 hours today I can say that even the beta (1 level with plenty of bugs) is extremely fun. More fun than Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Without a doubt. The entire environment is destructible. Buildings, trees, the ground. The fun factor is through the roof.
Edgecrusher
Only just played BC1 demo, lol. I found the humour in it to be refreshing for a war game, graphics are good and gameplay. Obviously haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but if the second one was only half as fun as what I've seen of the first one, it would still be a good game. IMO MW2 is extremely overrated and really shouldn't be used as a comparison.
DuffMan
The 360 demo sucks. The graphics actually hurt my eyes - a lot of white with crappy textures and no where near enough AA, coupled with the lag that makes you prance around like a dickhead in the middle of the battlefield and your aim shoot off so you're aiming at the fuel depot in the background rather than the twat with a shotgun standing four feet in front of you. I love the menu system, and I think it would be a fun game to progress in, but for fuck sake, I hate playing it.
DonkeyTits
I cannot be held responsible for console games.
Edgecrusher
I don't know about the 360 version, and as I said, I have only played the BC1 demo on PS3, but I thought the graphics were pretty good. Could just be that I've got low standards though.
ENVi3
downloaded the demo from the PSN ... and so far I am impressed. The sounds are amazing, and the gameplay seems ok for now, I think i need to play it more to really get a sense of how to really play it. i mean i played Resistance 2 then Killzone2 then Modern Warfare 2 (lol @ the 2's and BF is 2 too XD.png ) and i think Battlefield is a new experience. It sort of reminds me of Warhawk, which is a good thing smile.gif
TreeFitty
How long did the PSN download take?
Edgecrusher
It will depend entirely on your connection. The file is about 1.5GB though, but it's well worth it.
TreeFitty
That's why I was wondering. Really wanna try this game out and fap.gif to the graphics.
ENVi3
So i played this for a few hours now, and I've got to say I am liking it smile.gif
I know on other forums people talk about "Battlefield Moments" and I think i had one today. We were attacking and we set a charge at A (i think), so I roll up in a tank that has the machine gun, and then i pretty much rape the other team with it while defending the charge we set. I must have gotten like 8 or 9 kills, which i think is kind of alot.
Also, I got top player quite a few times already tongue.gif sniping can be kind of fun sometimes because it is a little challenging.

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 4 2010, 10:41 PM) *
How long did the PSN download take?
idk, i just left it downloading for a while while i went and did other stuff, since I was downloading a bunch of other stuff too.
Edgecrusher
Yeah gotta love the defense too. Was just sitting in a tank picking them off one by one as they came down the first hill. Like shooting fish in a barrel. biggrin.gif
ENVi3
I think almost all the games i have played the defending team has won ... the defending team basically has the "camping" positions, and the attacking team has to run in there and try to overtake the other team ... it takes real teamwork, but i guess at this point alot of people might just be starting to get used to the game, so you can't expect much.
Himsa
Yeah, I've won more defensive games than I have offensive. That being said, I love attacking, if only to parachute in, then ride that sweet ass ATV into battle with a dude on the back trying his best to fuck people up while honking the horn.

I really like the UAV in this game. Being able to spot people and shoot rockets is awesome.

Also awesome, knifing people in the head/face.
ENVi3
I already pre-ordered it on Amazon smile.gif
ENVi3
the Demo servers went offline today or yesterday ... can't wait for the full release of the game Tuesday smile.gif
Heartless
This game is on my list, def.
Bain
Im buyin this tomorrow Ill see how I like it
ENVi3
QUOTE (Bain @ Mar 1 2010, 05:16 PM) *
Im buyin this tomorrow Ill see how I like it
you should have checked out the demo.
I noticed you play a lot of MW2 ... but this game is not like it at all, so don't go in there expecting the same thing.
ENVi3
i played it online for about an hour today, and it is similar game play to the demo, except i was playing a new game mode. (i forgot what it was called - but it isn't Rush). The main difference i notice is that the class specializations are not unlocked at first (Medic Kits, Ammo Boxes, Repair tool, etc...)
The campaign so far seems a little mediocre ... but that's not the reason i bought this game anyway.
trathen93
just got home and found the game lying on the mat beneath my front door. i love gameplay, always sending games out a day b4 the release. (btw, its out tomorrow in the uk) so im very happy. now to get the install done and do some killing online haha. everyone is going down
Bain
The online play kicks ass. And, no shit I know its not like CODMW2.

This game is definately worth a buy. Its so fucking fun. Sniping is awesome, detonating tanks, everything. Mortars lol. Its just awesome.

The sound effects are so fucking good.....
DonkeyTits
I agree. I hope you all are playing with a dual earphone headset. This game has the best sound effects of any game I've ever played. Aside from the Conquest horn, the game is amazing.
Bain
The other day, an Armored personnel carrier was driving down a hill towards some point we were defending. I sniped the driver and it crashed on the side of the road.

Aldo, my friend and I both sniped helicopter pilots and watched em hit the ground.

After, another dude tried to get into the chopper I sniped, and while he was getting off the ground I sniped the new pilot, and my team jacked the chopper, and took off towards the enemy post....awesome.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Bain @ Mar 7 2010, 08:15 PM) *
The other day, an Armored personnel carrier was driving down a hill towards some point we were defending. ...

thought you were talking about an actual occurence at first. laugh.gif
DonkeyTits
Also, set the sound settings to wartapes (if you have a headset)
Bain
I dont have a head set but I did set that sound.....its cool.
Edgecrusher
Don't have a headset but this game is awesome on 5.1 Surround.
ENVi3
i have logged about 12 hours in this game, and so far i still have tons of stuff left to unlock. I have been playing every class, but mostly Recon and Medic. I like playing Rush the most. Conquest is ok, but sometimes i don't like how open it is. i have not tried Team Deathmatch yet.
DonkeyTits
Buy a headset. So worth it.
ENVi3
QUOTE (DonkeyTits @ Mar 8 2010, 09:35 PM) *

i think a turtlebeach would be like $80, for the cheapest stereo headphones they have (for PS3).
it's tempting ... but i am not sure i want to drop that much $ on one.
Does anyone else know any other cheap ones?
GLC
Traded in MW2 last Thursday and got this. Blasted through the mediocre campaign and now I'm having a shit load of fun online. I started off with the engineer class, but now I switch between Assault and Medic. Not much of a sniper.
TheAnalogKid2112
My friend bought this so I will probably borrow it once he gets sick of it, just to try the campaign. I already played one game online and it's nothing special. Good, but just another online FPS, which is a genre I'm very tired of.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Mar 29 2010, 08:45 PM) *
Good, but just another online FPS, which is a genre I'm very tired of.

Agreed. Since playing mw2, i think I've played enough FPS to get me through to the next generation of games.
ENVi3
QUOTE (DonkeyTits @ Mar 8 2010, 10:35 PM) *
i finally got one.
I used the $20 Amazon credit i got for pre-ordering Bad Company 2, and i traded in Modern Warfare 2 and got $33 for it.
so far i love my Turtle Beach PX21 smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.