Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGrandTheftAuto.com Members Death Match (PS3)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
bOnEs
psy does i think...

EDIT: i'm leaving work, FINALLY!! i'll be on soon guys...
TreeFitty
scratch that, from what I've read he can only capture the 360 unless he went shopping.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Someone should just buy a DVD recorder, my cousin has one.
ViceMan
Got a fucking update to install, only on 1% at the mo'.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I won...? I won...!

*Shits Pants*
ViceMan
15 odd % at the mo', I may not make it, if it doesn't finish before ten past eleven i'll say fuck it and go to bed.

'dit: Now at 33%, i'm out... So i'll say; "fuck it i'm going to bed."
Ex-PS Fanboy
5 minutes, hurry the fuck up!
trathen93
arrgh fuck. my internet is awful. talktalk need to sort it the fuck out Christ knows what im goin to do.
DuPz0r
Seriously you guys? JIZZ IN MY PANTS!
Ex-PS Fanboy
*Jizzes in Dup's pants*
trathen93
fuck it. the internet is shite. maybe next time when talktalk improve their service. until then night guys smile.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
Angeal and Analog are having trouble too, night I guess....
TheAnalogKid2112
Well, god damn it. So glad I cancelled my fucking plans just for me not to connect with anybody. Have fun fuckers.

"The game session no longer exists. Returning to single player." - Every. fucking. time.
Psy
That failed completely.
trathen93
still had a decent night myself. nice dominoes pizza, hustle and little warm up on gta single player. shame my internet is so bad. only get about 1mbp/s. anyone else got worse, doubt it.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Where'd everybody go?
trathen93
there was a few of us who had 'problems' connecting. and by the looks of it there was no reason to do it with the limited number of players. shame really. have to sort another out again
Psy
I enjoyed winning 3 out of the 4 races pre-deathmatch (like I said I would muahaha). But there was like 5 people in the DM, and I fired like 2 rockets right at marney, and they just disappeared. Then about 30 seconds later they blew up... I was kinda bored of deathmatch after the first 40 mins of messing around so next time I'll just come on right before we actually start playing. Was pretty fun though considering I never play GTA. Still think the aiming and killing of people is totally random and unbalanced, and the net code is poor with people warping all over the place.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Marney's still lagging like fuck, we're shunning him atm.
Massacre
Yeah... I think I'll let another one of these DM's go by before I buy this, just in case.
DuPz0r
Good game guys. I'm the champion until next time btw tongue.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jan 25 2010, 07:04 PM) *
Good game guys. I'm the champion until next time btw tongue.gif

I let you win...
bOnEs
i let fanboy have 3rd... i left the game "intentionally" twice just so you could take third... but, the birthday boy came up big in the contest...

marney, you were glitching all over the place... i'm wondering if the fact that you were hosting this, caused some of the problems... i was thinking we should of tried it with someone else, just in case that was the problem...

it was fun as hell though... all 6 of us, until psy left... then it was 5 of us... a similar turnout to all the other "contests" we try to organize... if only we could of gotten analog and nino in there... the races were fun though, a good end to the evening...

EDIT: don't forget about GLC too now... he was kicking some ass on his way to second... we've had a couple of good freeroam sessions of kicking ass and taking names together... he's the underrated GTA player here biggrin.gif...
Marney1
El-Nino was better than Fanboy! laugh.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 25 2010, 07:12 PM) *
i let fanboy have 3rd... i left the game "intentionally" twice just so you could take third... but, the birthday boy came up big in the contest...

marney, you were glitching all over the place... i'm wondering if the fact that you were hosting this, caused some of the problems... i was thinking we should of tried it with someone else, just in case that was the problem...

it was fun as hell though... all 6 of us, until psy left... then it was 5 of us... a similar turnout to all the other "contests" we try to organize... if only we could of gotten analog and nino in there... the races were fun though, a good end to the evening...

EDIT: don't forget about GLC too now... he was kicking some ass on his way to second... we've had a couple of good freeroam sessions of kicking ass and taking names together... he's the underrated GTA player here biggrin.gif...

I won the race and you know it.

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 25 2010, 07:12 PM) *
El-Nino was better than Fanboy! laugh.gif

Stfu, I won the practice matches and still managed to slaughter you in the actual match...

I wonder what happened with D-O. He came online on GTA IV then signed off 10 minutes before the match started.
Marney1
I won the Fire Truck race at the airport. tongue.gif

The lag problem might have been down to me because I just lost connection for a whole hour and had to install updates and shit. bOnEs was driving a flying, spinning ambulance round Bohan and he lost connection twice so I think we both had a connection issue. DuPz' must have killed me 25 times and bOnEs about 12 but I don't care because I was letting everyone win. mellow.gif
new major on the block
Damn i missed it. I got busy helping a friend move. I'll be on tomorrow night though incase anybody wants do do some matches or freemode. Maybe a lil practice for the next one.
TreeFitty
Wasn't near my PS3 but sounds like I didn't miss too much. I'll try to get in the next one.
bOnEs
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Jan 25 2010, 08:02 PM) *

nope... you lost control on the last turn... shit happens, and then i WIN!!

@marney - i didn't have too much of an issue as the match progressed... my issues were getting booted out of the game... i never lost a connection or anything like that... i just had to rejoin a couple of times biggrin.gif... but yea, that ambulance scene was glitchy for the both of us...

and the rockets were glitchy as well... i've shot tons of them and they took at least 2 to seconds longer to explode once impact... it was like they were going through the walls or something... fanboy was seeing the same thing since, i was mainly shooting them at him laugh.gif...
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 26 2010, 01:47 AM) *

@marney - i didn't have too much of an issue as the match progressed... my issues were getting booted out of the game... i never lost a connection or anything like that... i just had to rejoin a couple of times biggrin.gif... but yea, that ambulance scene was glitchy for the both of us...

and the rockets were glitchy as well... i've shot tons of them and they took at least 2 to seconds longer to explode once impact... it was like they were going through the walls or something... fanboy was seeing the same thing since, i was mainly shooting them at him laugh.gif...

I owned Marney with a rocket in the first one we played.

"Hey, PS Fagboy!"

*Gets blow'd up*

"Who's the fagboy now?"
Marney1
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Jan 26 2010, 12:57 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 26 2010, 01:47 AM) *

I owned Marney with a rocket in the first one we played.

"Hey, PS Fagboy!"

*Gets blow'd up*

"Who's the fagboy now?"

I remember that. I was trying to get a bead on you with the sniper and saw the rpg coming directly for me and I knew I was dead, sort of like a rabbit called in the headlights. ohmy.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
You got me a few good times with that sniper.
ViceMan
I never did get my PS3 updated, I got pissed off and gave up at 54%, that was at 23:05. rolleyes.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Jan 26 2010, 06:31 PM) *

GLC was kicking some ass and DuPz' was really accurate, he was taking me out from long distances with whatever he used with one or two headshots. I wasn't using auto-aim which might explain my coming last. sad.gif
DuPz0r
QUOTE (demon2 @ Jan 26 2010, 07:19 PM) *
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Jan 26 2010, 06:31 PM) *

GLC was kicking some ass and DuPz' was really accurate, he was taking me out from long distances with whatever he used with one or two headshots. I wasn't using auto-aim which might explain my coming last. sad.gif

I found it pretty easy using auto aim. Not as good at free-aim. We had a good night though. There was a good variety of winners all round in different game types.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I'm surprised. I found it easier with auto-aim disabled.
DuPz0r
I dunno if this will work. But i created this little iGTA champion gif in my sig. I think that whoever wins a scheduled match should get to have this in their sig...? I optimized it so it's only like 30kb.

So would that get you lot to play more often? I know it isn't much, but it is something to gloat about for a while, until someone else kicks your arse. And don't just put it in your sig for the hell of it!

Just an idea...
TreeFitty
It would definitely be nice to make this a bigger, more regular thing. Boost morale and such in this place since we lack contests (aside from FML). Might help get some new members too.
bOnEs
i think this should be a bi-weekly thing or maybe a once a month thing... we've tried and tried to organize these events and pretty much everyone that was left were a part of those back in the day... marney and psy were the new additions... but, we need to find a way to get more in there and figure out how to fix that problem so analogkid can join... because, it doesn't matter how many more people we add if we can't even get them into the game...

but, a standard deathmatch for the trophy, and then some races and/or freeroam to finish it off... it was good fun, i would love to do it more often...

ViceMan
I'll have to leave my PS3 running for a few hours beforehand next time so the cunty thing can update.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 26 2010, 06:22 PM) *
I'll have to leave my PS3 running for a few hours beforehand next time so the cunty thing can update.

why not do it on a day when your just sitting around anyways? like if you were going to see a movie, turn it on for updating before hand and maybe it'll be done when you get back... just a suggestion...
Ex-PS Fanboy
I'll gladly do this bi-weekly, as long as we can fix our connection problem

*cough* Marney *cough*

Btw, marney, I give you the award for best stereotypical accent
Marney1
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Jan 26 2010, 11:33 PM) *
I'll gladly do this bi-weekly, as long as we can fix our connection problem

*cough* Marney *cough*

Btw, marney, I give you the award for best stereotypical accent

Thanks I'll make myself a rotating crown and put it in my sig, I actually spoke slightly slower so you could understand me. Felt as though I was talking to kids with downs.

For these matches to work we need a clear set of rules from the beginning without debating it, that's the only way it works out. It's the debating that makes people bored and lose interest so I reckon for the next one DuPz' chooses the settings and gives us a time and date - no arguments - you play or you don't.
Ex-PS Fanboy
How bout winner chooses settings?
TreeFitty
Still should come down to a vote/discussion. I think this one got planned out fine, it was actually playing that issues arose.
Marney1
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Jan 27 2010, 12:11 AM) *

That's what I was saying when I said DuPz' should lay down the settings for the next one.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 26 2010, 07:16 PM) *
Still should come down to a vote/discussion. I think this one got planned out fine, it was actually playing that issues arose.

That's what I was saying when I said DuPz' should lay down the settings for the next one.

Both, we all debate, but winner gets final say.
Marney1
QUOTE (PS Fanboy @ Jan 27 2010, 12:27 AM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 26 2010, 07:16 PM) *

Both, we all debate, but winner gets final say.

Sounds good but once the settings are laid down by the winner that's it - onto pre-match fighting talk.

This seems a good idea DuPz' - something to gloat over like you said.

TreeFitty

Font should match the iGTA logo (with black outline too) but aside from that it's fine.
bOnEs
if only i would of came up with the trophy before you dup...

*shakes fist*

however, mine wouldn't of had animation to it since i am not that good at it biggrin.gif... but being a graphic artist, i have to admit, that was a sweet idea about the trophy...

---------------------------

@ the europeans... the only person i actually understood was fanboy... i really never heard GLC, barely could make out what marney was saying because he kept cutting out every tenth of a second... and i could hear dup but, still couldn't hear what he was saying...

i guess that's what i get for using the ORIGINAL "socom: US navy seals" headset for the PS2... yea, i'm too cheap to get a new headset so, i use one that came out like 8 years ago..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.