Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGrandTheftAuto.com Members Death Match (PS3)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 19 2010, 10:30 PM) *
I have an unwitten rule of never adding people as friends since i'm an unsociable bastard. If they add me however there's no problem, although chances are if a random person adds me i'll delete them after a few days anyway.

Oh and just use Google translator to read that, that's what I used to translate it to Chinese.

Can't be arsed doing that either.

My friend's list only has iGTA members and an Afghan who now lives in Philadelphia, he was the first person I ever added. I hate playing MW2 with him though because alls he ever wants to do is play one on one in the Afghan map.

"We play in my country yeah?"
TreeFitty
The only mic I have doesn't work with GTA. So I'll be using sign language.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 19 2010, 11:14 PM) *
The only mic I have doesn't work with GTA. So I'll be using sign language.

OK but remember to put your sign language to good use by putting your arm out the car window before you turn because we all know the indicators don't work in GTA4.
TreeFitty
I'll be sure to do that.
Marney1
No black characters allowed either because we don't want to be accused of racism when they get shot.
TreeFitty
I think my guy is more mexican than white. I'll just shout spanish gang terms and all will be good.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 19 2010, 11:23 PM) *
I think my guy is more mexican than white. I'll just shout spanish gang terms and all will be good.

I'll be shouting "Hey how's it goin'?" repeatedly non stop until someone shoots me in the face........then I'll respawn.
ViceMan
Actually, it's ironic that you mentioned Chinese earlier because my character model sometimes has the Asian voice.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 19 2010, 11:34 PM) *
Actually, it's ironic that you mentioned Chinese earlier because my character model sometimes has the Asian voice.

Split links not allowed either in case they take offence and all start jumping up and down at the same time in the mistaken belief they'll cause a tidal wave round the world.
bOnEs
my character used to be black, until i unlocked the level 10 hooker... "eat a dick, clown!"
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 20 2010, 01:08 AM) *
my character used to be black, until i unlocked the level 10 hooker... "eat a dick, clown!"

I hate the one that goes; "Look at the birdie."
Hardcore Ottoman
Hey marney, my PSN still not working?
TreeFitty
Try sending him a friend request. That's what I had to do since no one can request me.
Marney1
QUOTE (punxtr @ Jan 20 2010, 02:44 AM) *
Hey marney, my PSN still not working?

I'll try again but I don't hold out much hope so you might just have to send me a request.
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 19 2010, 04:47 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 19 2010, 05:58 PM) *
How much is a mic, anyway? I don't want to be the douchebag with no mic if I ever play online on my PS3.

No, that'll be me, i'll never buy a mic.

Good to know. That makes me less likely to buy one myself.
TreeFitty
Atleast there's a few of us without mics. Not as awkward.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 20 2010, 03:23 AM) *
Atleast there's a few of us without mics. Not as awkward.

I only usually use my mic to listen to other players plotting what they're about to do and stay silent and use the information to launch sneak attacks. (Usually play without blips) But for this match I hope to be shouting "BOOM HEADSHOT!" followed by giggling.
TreeFitty
I do the same thing in free mode. biggrin.gif

and no blips = epic win
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 20 2010, 03:58 AM) *
I do the same thing in free mode. biggrin.gif

and no blips = epic win

And Bohan is the perfect place to do it, not too big and not too small. I can play for hours but it's very rare you find someone who'll stay for long without a kill. I've had a few good sports who've joined my game (freemode) and I've totally kicked their arse with the combat sniper and they've stayed for hours, but like I said those players are very rare.

This will be with blips on though but if we have enough players in the future who are up for it then that would be superb.
TreeFitty
Yes yes of course blips on for this. Maybe for a future game have no blips on Colony Island (everyone usually does Happiness Island).
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 20 2010, 04:41 AM) *
Yes yes of course blips on for this. Maybe for a future game have no blips on Colony Island (everyone usually does Happiness Island).

I hate Happywanker Island but maybe you and me could have just one game there with baseball bats. ph34r.gif
TreeFitty
One match at a time big boy.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 20 2010, 07:00 AM) *
One match at a time big boy.

You sure you're gonna be around for the first one?
TreeFitty
I still think I won't be around for it. We'll see.
Psy
My PSN ID is Psycopsy. Feel free to add me anyone who doesn't have it. I might have to jump online myself and get a bit of practice before monday...
ViceMan
No blips is nice once in a while, but never do it in Algonquin. I joined a game where someone suddenly had that great idea and changed it from blips to no blips, I think I saw three people out of the ten or so competing.

But yeah, Bohan isn't too big so it might be a good idea. Although there has to be a token noob who keeps running out into the middle of the street wondering why he can't find any blips on his radar, so I can snipe 'em constantly.
TreeFitty
meh, I think Bohan is still too big for no blips. Maybe in free mode or when you have a longer time limit but that's about it.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 20 2010, 02:35 PM) *
meh, I think Bohan is still too big for no blips. Maybe in free mode or when you have a longer time limit but that's about it.

It's not too big if there's about 16 players.

I remember the first time I played and there no blips, I was that confused noob Vicey talked about. Also, I read that when you're in a crouching position your blip disappears but as far as I can work out it doesn't.
TreeFitty
if you REALLY wanna confuse people, turn off friendly fire. happy.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 20 2010, 04:54 PM) *
if you REALLY wanna confuse people, turn off friendly fire. happy.gif

Now that does do my head in, especially when I've just run around stocking up on weapons and no matter how many times I shoot a bitch in the tits she just keeps saying "Look at the birdie!" These days the first thing I do is check the settings on the phone.
TreeFitty
Those are the games I look for actually. Just to mess with people's minds when they join.
Marney1
Rocket launchers at the airport gets boring quickly but while I'm there I choose a victim and blast his ass sky high then when he's about to get up I blast him again and continue until I'm out then leave the game.
TreeFitty
Seen that pleny of times. Does get old.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 20 2010, 04:49 PM) *

I remember the first time I played and there no blips, I was that confused noob Vicey talked about. Also, I read that when you're in a crouching position your blip disappears but as far as I can work out it doesn't.

No, the blip above your head disappears, not the one on the radar.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 20 2010, 05:29 PM) *

I see, so what's happening when you see lot's of players names in the list but half of their blips are missing from the radar?
TreeFitty
^which is why using cover can help.

edit: agreeing with ViceMan
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 20 2010, 05:35 PM) *
^which is why using cover can help.

So if you crouch behind cover your blip disappears from the radar?
TreeFitty
No. Only the little circle above your head (such as where your name shows up).
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jan 20 2010, 05:35 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 20 2010, 05:29 PM) *

I see, so what's happening when you see lot's of players names in the list but half of their blips are missing from the radar?

You're playing a game where blips are set to either 'near' or 'far'?
TreeFitty
and if there is only one with multiple players, it's set to "Leader" where the current leader (guy winning the match) is the only one that shows up.

"Leader" could actually work for this match. That way everyone runs over to the top person and tries to kill them. Keeps things even.
Marney1
Neither of those ^

I've checked the settings when this has happened and blips were 'ALL'. I thought maybe those players who's names were still there but without blips on the radar had left the game but for some reason their names stayed - a minor glitch with connection or something?
TreeFitty
It's possible.
Marney1
Hope this comes off nicely or it's going to be one hell of a fail, not only for us but for GTA4 itself. In the unlikely event it should fail I think it will be enough of a call to Rockstar to get their finger out and remember that PS3 users need some new GTA content.
I mean if it can't hold it's appeal on a recognised GTA fan site then what more proof do they need?
TreeFitty
^Don't hold your breath over that.
Ex-PS Fanboy
I would hardly call this a recognised GTA fan site.

Moar Liek Recognised GTA/Pedo fan site
Massacre
We were very widely recognized in the San Andreas days (Read the fucking manual, eh?), but that changed once I committed my first statutory rape. Now, every one of us has a blip on familywatchdog.com. There are 51 in my area, it'll be 50 when I move out.
Seeen
Awww... fuckin' Bohan! I always get raped in Bohan.

COUNT ME IN, THOUGH! Woohoo!
Marney1
QUOTE (Seeen @ Jan 21 2010, 11:19 PM) *
Awww... fuckin' Bohan! I always get raped in Bohan.

COUNT ME IN, THOUGH! Woohoo!

Done. I'll send a request soon so add me.
TreeFitty
Almost a full boat if everyone makes it.
Marney1
Just A Definitive Lowdown On The Settings:

Duration: 30 mins
Auto-Aim: Allow
Weapons: Powerful
Police: Off
Traffic: Parked
Pedestrians: Off
Blips: All
Online I.D Display: On
Reticule Health: On
Voice Chat: On
Respawn Distance: Medium
Respawn Time: 1 Second
Time of Day: Midday
Weather: Clear
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.