Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGrandTheftAuto.com Members Death Match (PS3)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA IV Series > GTA IV
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Marney1
Match 1

Bohan

30 Minutes

THE MATCH WILL BEGIN ON TIME SO MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON BEFORE IT STARTS

No Glitching or Leaving Bohan

Weapons 'Powerful' - Auto Aim 'ON' - Respawn 'Medium' (1 second)

Confirmed Players: Marney1 bOnEs Fanboy ViceMan GLC Psy TreeFitty D-O punxtr angeal18 DuPz0r El-Nino Seeen 0bs3n3 new major on the block

(There might be a truck race or something after it just for fun)

DuPz0r
Ex-PS Fanboy
Hmmmm... Okay I'll do it. But you can expect gay robots to somehow be involved
Marney1
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Jan 16 2010, 12:40 AM) *
Hmmmm... Okay I'll do it. But you can expect gay robots to somehow be involved

Well up to now it looks like I'll win.
bOnEs
one hour fucking like 6 hours ago?! fuck, i was at the bar... then another bar... then i went over to some house and i brought some you know (*hints at smoking a doobie*) and then... well, i am back at home now...

lol, you gotta plan it well ahead of time biggrin.gif... like say, a week or so?
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 06:44 AM) *
one hour fucking like 6 hours ago?! fuck, i was at the bar... then another bar... then i went over to some house and i brought some you know (*hints at smoking a doobie*) and then... well, i am back at home now...

lol, you gotta plan it well ahead of time biggrin.gif... like say, a week or so?

Can't wait for you to sober up and read the details again. laugh.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 15 2010, 07:37 PM) *
Match 1

Airport Free For All

1 Hour

what details? i see ONE HOUR in plain bold letters...

maybe i am drunk and missing the point...
TreeFitty
I do believe that is the duration of the match. the day is in the title.
bOnEs
well, now i feel stupid... and i have a headache...

count me in for that matchup... although, i pretty much hate the airport...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 06:20 PM) *
well, now i feel stupid... and i have a headache...

count me in for that matchup... although, i pretty much hate the airport...

XD.png ^

The airport's just to start this off and if people actually join in then each month or whatever will be a different type of deathmatch just to try and keep the flame of GTA4 lit because it's a shame we "GTA fans" never do this.
I deliberately made it a Monday evening because more people are likely to be available than the weekend (I think).
ViceMan
I think i'll pass on this one, I haven't played in ages and i'll be rusty as fuck. Besides, I still haven't forgiven the connection problems that plagued online last time I played it. That was the main reason I stopped playing.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 16 2010, 07:12 PM) *
I think i'll pass on this one, I haven't played in ages and i'll be rusty as fuck. Besides, I still haven't forgiven the connection problems that plagued online last time I played it. That was the main reason I stopped playing.

I don't think anyone's played for a while which is the idea for doing it and if you're connection fucks up then so be it. The least you could do Vicey is join in, or are you scared of losing?
bOnEs
yea, come on viceythashizzle... who cares about the internet thing, give it another shot and see if it works...
TreeFitty
Just got on yesterday to write up some things. I definitely needed to refresh my [shit] skills. Don't think I'll make this match though.
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 07:46 PM) *
yea, come on viceythashizzle... who cares about the internet thing, give it another shot and see if it works...

Yeah it's hardly going to be a weekly event so join in this rare event that is the "iGTA Members Death Match", it might fail miserably but at least we can say we tried to make it happen. Come on people!

*Group Hug*

@TF - We're all in the same boat being a bit rusty and it's only an hour half an hour of your life.
ViceMan
I might dust off my PS3 and GTA disc, but i've long got bored of online mode, an hour seems too long for me. Usually people fucked off after a while so I did too.
GLC
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 16 2010, 08:30 PM) *
an hour seems too long for me. Usually people fucked off after a while so I did too.

This. Needs to be shorter IMO, especially if it's going to be at the airport.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 16 2010, 08:30 PM) *
I might dust off my PS3 and GTA disc, but i've long got bored of online mode, an hour seems too long for me. Usually people fucked off after a while so I did too.

I think we're all bored of it but this is different in the fact only iGTA members will be playing and like I said it's only 1 hour half an hour then it can be left for a month or so until the next match.
If this doesn't turn out to be fun then I think we can officially confirm that GTA4 is dead.
TreeFitty
You can split it up into a few shorter matches. Choose some different locations/options. Just put up some multiplayer guides if you wanna browse the deathmatch options. wink.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 16 2010, 08:44 PM) *
You can split it up into a few shorter matches. Choose some different locations/options. Just put up some multiplayer guides if you wanna browse the deathmatch options. wink.gif

We'll just make it a half hour match at the airport then.

If this is to stand half a chance of happening then it has to stay simple, when we start fighting over options that's when it goes wrong and people lose interest so the only change for now will be the time, oh and auto aim will always be turned off.
GLC
Hmm, ok. I might join in if I remember/bother to go online.
Marney1
QUOTE (GLC @ Jan 16 2010, 09:47 PM) *
Hmm, ok. I might join in if I remember/bother to go online.

Anyone who says might/maybe is officially in.
The Awesome One
Why did I sell my PS3? I really want to hear marneys funny voice!
Marney1
@CC - You're still blocked so GTFO this thread.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Sean Devlin @ Jan 16 2010, 09:55 PM) *
@CC - You're still blocked so GTFO this thread.

Boo! Aw, fuck..
bOnEs
why does auto aim have to be turned off??
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 10:10 PM) *

I thought the majority would prefer it off but I'll have it on if you like.
bOnEs
it's just another generic 3rd person shooter with auto aim turned off... the GTA series has always had auto-aim biggrin.gif... we'll just set spawn points far away or something...

EDIT: however, if we're playing at the airport, we're all going to just spawn in the parking lot shooting at each other... that's why i hate the airport, i'm sick of fighting in that parking lot... it's just kill/be killed, rinse and repeat over and over every 5 seconds...
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 05:10 PM) *

One shot, one kill,
No luck, just skill!

What do you need auto-aim for, nancy boy?!
bOnEs
i've always used auto aim... that's why... plus, read my post above... i don't care, if majority rules that we turn auto aim off then, i'm for it...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 10:19 PM) *
it's just another generic 3rd person shooter with auto aim turned off... the GTA series has always had auto-aim biggrin.gif... we'll just set spawn points far away or something...

EDIT: however, if we're playing at the airport, we're all going to just spawn in the parking lot shooting at each other... that's why i hate the airport, i'm sick of fighting in that parking lot... it's just kill/be killed, rinse and repeat over and over every 5 seconds...

Better location idea then?
bOnEs
alderney? bohan?
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 10:24 PM) *
alderney? bohan?

I'm easy with whatever I just want it to happen. Choose the settings and location and I'll put it in the OP.
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jan 16 2010, 05:22 PM) *
i've always used auto aim... that's why... plus, read my post above... i don't care, if majority rules that we turn auto aim off then, i'm for it...

I don't care, I'm not even involved with this. I was just fucking with you.
ViceMan
Bohan has some nice terrain for sniping and such, plus the layout isn't as generic as Algonquin. Most of the rooves are accessible too. (More sniping.)

I find the airport is always the same, a big race for the terminal with the sniper and M4 spawn on top and whoever holds that wins the game. I know, I use that strategy in nearly every airport game. Either that or camping out by the radar tower with a sniper and the armour spawn hiding from twats in helicopters.
Marney1
Bohan then, everyone happy with that?
Ex-PS Fanboy
You should give the docks in Alderney a try, I find that's the best for big shootouts.
Marney1
QUOTE (Hustler One @ Jan 17 2010, 02:01 AM) *
You should give the docks in Alderney a try, I find that's the best for big shootouts.

Match 1 will be in Bohan for 30 minutes and if it turns out to be fun we can have a Match 2 next month.

Also I have 16 iGTA members on my friends list so they'll all be getting a message and invite just before it starts.
bOnEs
i like anything alderney to be honest... i've gotten very familiar with that island because of the hundreds of deal breakers i played there... but, bohan offers the most unique experience... lots of elevations, alleyways, staircases, and shortcuts... and a road layout that can be confusing at times...

yea, i got a few members on my friends list too... like, D-O, analogkid, dupzor... nirvanafrik, hongkongphooey and HB_sauce are from IV.TV... but, i don't see them on iGTA and i don't think i've ever sent them a message before anyways... i think i need to delete them...
ViceMan
With auto aim off it's easier to win by just using a car and 'nades or a rocket launcher. But it doesn't bother me, i've long since lost my competitive edge.

(Or have I...)

*dramatic music*
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 07:46 PM) *
With auto aim off it's easier to win by just using a car and 'nades or a rocket launcher. But it doesn't bother me, i've long since lost my competitive edge.

(Or have I...)

*dramatic music*

I hate auto aim myself because I find the reticule lands on the wrong target all the time and seeing as I'll probably be driving round running all you fuckers down in a car I'll no doubt suffer a lot from locked on auto aim. I'm sure you can turn auto aim off for yourself though even if the settings are auto aim.
bOnEs
like i said, it doesn't matter if auto aim is on or off... there's advantages and disadvantages to both... there's less killing with it turned off... but, there's more action with it turned on...
ViceMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 17 2010, 08:01 PM) *
I hate auto aim myself because I find the reticule lands on the wrong target all the time and seeing as I'll probably be driving round running all you fuckers down in a car I'll no doubt suffer a lot from locked on auto aim. I'm sure you can turn auto aim off for yourself though even if the settings are auto aim.

Well, i've had a lot of experience with cunts who drive around in cars trying to mow me down, it's what all the noobs do. I always stick to the side of a street where possible and with some non-destructable obstacle nearby to hide behind.

Funny story with that. One time I was playing a deathmatch (auto aim on) with about 5 people in Algonquin. As usual, through the course of the match people got pissed off from losing and left. Then it got down to me and some noob who spent the entire match trying to run people over while they gunned him down. So I knew his (only) tactic. I got behind a small 2ft bollard and waited with my M4. Sure enough I watched his blip racing across the map towards me, I saw him driving towards me, waited for a bit while he sped towards me and aimed. He then crashed into the bollard at full speed which stopped him dead in his tracks, I put a few rounds through the windscreen after the dust had settled just for good measure. I laughed to myself for a bit and didn't even realise he left soon after.

That was one of the more amusing things that's happened in GTA, though there aren't many.

Oh and if it's a auto aim match I don't think there's any way you can disable it just for yourself, why would you want to anyway?
TreeFitty
The only way to not have it in a match that does have it, is to not pull the trigger button hard. But that's not always easy in the heat of the moment.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 09:11 PM) *

Well, i've had a lot of experience with cunts who drive around in cars trying to mow me down, it's what all the noobs do. I always stick to the side of a street where possible and with some non-destructable obstacle nearby to hide behind.

Funny story with that. One time I was playing a deathmatch (auto aim on) with about 5 people in Algonquin. As usual, through the course of the match people got pissed off from losing and left. Then it got down to me and some noob who spent the entire match trying to run people over while they gunned him down. So I knew his (only) tactic. I got behind a small 2ft bollard and waited with my M4. Sure enough I watched his blip racing across the map towards me, I saw him driving towards me, waited for a bit while he sped towards me and aimed. He then crashed into the bollard at full speed which stopped him dead in his tracks, I put a few rounds through the windscreen after the dust had settled just for good measure. I laughed to myself for a bit and didn't even realise he left soon after.

That was one of the more amusing things that's happened in GTA, though there aren't many.

Oh and if it's a auto aim match I don't think there's any way you can disable it just for yourself, why would you want to anyway?

I use that tactic too lol ^

I hate auto aim, always have I always like to have control of my shots. Auto aim often lands on the wrong target ie the one next to who you're aiming at.
I usually get huge kill rates with my combat sniper but I reckon you lot will start crying and leave the match if I use it so cars and grenades will probably be my choice. Might as well declare myself the winner now: marney1 wins!
ViceMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 17 2010, 09:23 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 09:11 PM) *

I use that tactic too lol ^

I hate auto aim, always have I always like to have control of my shots. Auto aim often lands on the wrong target ie the one next to who you're aiming at.
I usually get huge kill rates with my combat sniper but I reckon you lot will start crying and leave the match if I use it so cars and grenades will probably be my choice. Might as well declare myself the winner now: marney1 wins!

Ok, if you've won I won't bother to turn up then.

Oh and if you make sure there's only one person in your crosshairs then it can't select the wrong target. And if there's more than one it's probably a teamer or a shitty 'spawn pistol street battle' so it doesn't really matter who you aim for anyway. tongue.gif
Marney1
Well you niggers can have auto aim on anyway I personally don't need any help aiming. happy.gif

I'm just trying to motivate people with bullshit pre-fight talk, I'm pretty average really.
ViceMan
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 17 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Well you niggers can have auto aim on anyway I personally don't need any help aiming. happy.gif

I'm just trying to motivate people with bullshit pre-fight talk, I'm pretty average really.

I knew you were joking, you thought I was taking you seriously?

And nah I don't want auto aim on anyway, i'm past caring if I get owned now. I can barely remember the controls, L2 for aim, R2 for firing isn't it? I'm sure it'll all come back to me after i've died a few times.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 17 2010, 11:01 PM) *
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 17 2010, 09:38 PM) *

I knew you were joking, you thought I was taking you seriously?

And nah I don't want auto aim on anyway, i'm past caring if I get owned now. I can barely remember the controls, L2 for aim, R2 for firing isn't it? I'm sure it'll all come back to me after i've died a few times.

You were taking me serious and for that I'll beat you with a bat in Bohan. ph34r.gif

I've just had a quick free mode game and I couldn't figure out how to climb a ladder and when I tried to run I crouched lol.
TreeFitty
^had similar issues going from Battlefield to IV. Always a pain to go between games.
Psy
I'll play. I'll make a news post about this in a few days to get more interest if you need more players.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.