Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deja Vu
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Spoiler
when was the last one u have and how did it go?

i am having one right now in "climate change" threat. I did said the same thing before and i wasn't in any other forum. Ok,that's not the point. I am interested in deja vu and how and when ppl experience it.
Marney1
I knew you were going to post this.
TreeFitty
Happened plenty of times to me.

One time I was walking home from school and just had this wierd feeling that I had done it before. Like I walked the exact path with the same cars in the parking lot in the same weather etc etc. Can't really explain the feeling. May have been from doing it many times before but the feeling was just wierd.

There have been other times where I was reliving a dream. Things played out like the dream to a point where I practically knew what was going to happen (not very long since my dreams only last a few minutes). Those were the strangest feelings.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 15 2010, 07:30 AM) *

One time I was walking home from school and just had this wierd feeling that I had done it before. Like I walked the exact path with the same cars in the parking lot in the same weather etc etc. Can't really explain the feeling. May have been from doing it many times before but the feeling was just wierd.

There have been other times where I was reliving a dream. Things played out like the dream to a point where I practically knew what was going to happen (not very long since my dreams only last a few minutes). Those were the strangest feelings.

When you experience deja vu it's as if you want to say out loud what's about to happen next but for some reason can't and you feel like you're floating through whatever is happening around you.
TreeFitty
Sometimes it's like a song you can't really remember the words to. If you sing aloud you'll sing the wrong words. But if you just listen, it all comes back to you and you know what the words are.

errr something like that. this is too much thinking for a tired mind.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 15 2010, 07:49 AM) *
Sometimes it's like a song you can't really remember the words to. If you sing aloud you'll sing the wrong words. But if you just listen, it all comes back to you and you know what the words are.

errr something like that. this is too much thinking for a tired mind.

The good thing about this is that we all know what we mean even if we find it hard to explain.

Know what I mean?
TreeFitty
Sure. as long as someone else agrees we're all not crazy....
Spoiler
QUOTE (marney1 @ Jan 15 2010, 08:05 AM) *
I knew you were going to post this.

that's the deja vu?

^i know what you are talking about and know exactly what you meant. the most common thing for me is when i travel to a place for the first time and i knew exactly there is suppose to be a sign there and a graffiti there and a house there. it's like you have a picture in mind and you saw it outside. how the picture come to you in the first place is a mistery.
Marney1
I reckon it's just a delay of information registering in your brain; you're looking at something then you're brain tells you a trillisecond later what it is. So you're saying to your brain "Yeah, I fuckin' know!"
Spoiler
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 15 2010, 08:30 AM) *

^ this is exactly what i am talking about! sometimes i think i say the exact same words to someone before in exactly the same setting/place AND wait for sometihng more and there isn't any.

if it's like what marney said the brain, then happening a lot means mine is starting to fry? huh.gif one thing for sure is that i can't remember feeling it in the past and seem to have more now when i am easier to forget things. sometime i even thought that i am reliving my life again and again. ya weird eh.
ViceMan
Usually happens to me when I dream about something, then 6 months later something very much like it happens and I remember I was dreaming about it. Didn't we already have a topic on this? I'm sure I posted about it before.
Marney1
And why do you always say to yourself - "I had this dream 6 months ago"???????
TreeFitty
The dream thing has been discussed many times before.
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 15 2010, 09:33 AM) *
Didn't we already have a topic on this? I'm sure I posted about it before.

Deja Vu?
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 15 2010, 05:30 PM) *
The dream thing has been discussed many times before.

I wasn't talking about dreams I meant it's what you say when you have a Deja Vu.
TreeFitty
was supposed to be directed at vicey
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jan 15 2010, 08:50 PM) *
was supposed to be directed at vicey

I knew that. unsure.gif scooter.gif
PabloHoneyOle
I have Deja Vu often. If I do a bunch of whippits, I have major Deja Vu and no matter what the discussion, I get this feeling I've had it before and I've never been so fucked up.

But I often get Deja Vu when I smell a familiar smell from my childhood.
TreeFitty
^The smell thing definitely. Was cleaning out under my bed once and got a sniff that took me right back to childhood in my room. Even remembered some things I was doing.

Some places I've been reminded me of a Disney World hotel. The smell just "fit".
Marney1
Summer Time by The Fresh Prince always takes me back.
Spoiler
yeah! the smell thing too!this might seem funny but certain kind of gasoline smell did bring me back. not all but just certain one.
Hardcore Ottoman
1997 Smashing Pumpkins always takes me back.

And this song:

The guitar tones mainly do it for me. I feel okay for awhile. I try not to hear these songs very often or else the memory is damaged, having been replaced by the present instead of the great past.
Ragnarofl
I was in the shower and the window was open, I was sure that something flying is going to enter, and suddenly some insect flew in.
Spoiler
QUOTE (punxtr @ Jan 16 2010, 05:41 AM) *
1997 Smashing Pumpkins always takes me back.

And this song:

The guitar tones mainly do it for me. I feel okay for awhile. I try not to hear these songs very often or else the memory is damaged, having been replaced by the present instead of the great past.

dude, this definitely bring me back! and this.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.