Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 questions concerning vehicles...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA III Series > GTA San Andreas
normal
I've got another 2 questions.

Fist one is: How to modify vehicles maximum health and where?
Second one: Is there an value that describes car push force or the game calculates it trough vehicle mass in handling.cfg?
As an example I have:

1. Firetruck
2. Turismo

Now when I hit another car with firetruck on high speed, the firetruck hits the car and it's pushed hardly, but the firetruck just slows down a little.
But doing the same thing with turismo, the turismo will almost stop instantly.
So I would like to know how to change that value if it exists.

What I would like is to hit vehicles with turismo, without stopping in place.

Thank you notworthy.gif
ipokerhu
I'm no one special (as it says under my name), but if I understand what your implying; A large truck pushes small cars, and low rolling - fast ass sport cars don't move but are moved, lol.
You may have figured out that fire trucks (like meat wagons and law enforcement vehicles) can't be restored to original state while in a mission, but Taxi's, and pimp mobiles can.
On the other hand you may use the paint shop or a modification shop to fix some beat up sports car. It comes in handy to avoid the law and remove wanted stars.
Now if you are asking about writing code and using a "mod" I haven't a clue, but there is a forum for that http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php good luck
demon
QUOTE (normal @ Jan 10 2010, 08:19 PM) *
I've got another 2 questions.

Fist one is: How to modify vehicles maximum health and where?
Second one: Is there an value that describes car push force or the game calculates it trough vehicle mass in handling.cfg?
As an example I have:

1. Firetruck
2. Turismo

Yes it is a value for "push force". It is mass.

A Firetruck's mass is 6500.
A Turismo's mass is 1400.

Now when I hit another car with firetruck on high speed, the firetruck hits the car and it's pushed hardly, but the firetruck just slows down a little.
But doing the same thing with turismo, the turismo will almost stop instantly.
So I would like to know how to change that value if it exists.

What I would like is to hit vehicles with turismo, without stopping in place.

Thank you notworthy.gif

You might want to change the collision damage multiplier as well, or your Turismo will not last long.
Originally, the Firetruck's collision damage multiplier is 0.26, and for the Turismo 0.72. Obviously, the lower the better.

All the values are in the handling.cfg file on the GTA:SA disc.

Edit,
I'll mention two cheats:

-A cheat that make cars float away (get airborne) when hit.
-A cheat that turns any car you drive into a death dealing mean machine, similar to the Rhino.

I don't know the codes for the PC version but it should be possible to find them. I got the codes for the PS2 version.
normal
@ipokerhu
I was thinking what "demon" said biggrin.gif

@demon
Thanks ALOT biggrin.gif
I'm gonna lower the damage and increase mass of the Turismo and see what happens.

I wish the impact to another vehicle doesn't slow down turismo at all, and the impacted vehicle just flews away, but with physics included (not the cheat, i hate cheats, although changin' the handling.cfg actually counts as cheat)

EDIT: I've changed turismo's mass to same as the firetruck, and its damage multiplier to 0.01 XD.png.
I'm gonna test it with car spawner and see what happens.

Oh and one more thing, will the mass affect its speed?
demon
You're welcome. Glad I could help. smile.gif

Damage multiplier 0.01 LOL, do you know what this value for the Rhino is? 0.09!

I'm unsure if changing the mass value will affect the speed and acceleration, but I don't think it does. If the max velocity and engine acceleration values are unchanged, the top speed and acceleration should be the same. I've not tested this but you can easily test it yourself. Just try to set the mass value extremely low and then extremely high.

Another factor is turn mass, it is 36670.8 for the Firetruck and 3000.0 for the Turismo. This value affects how sharp turns you can do, how heavy the vehicle feels when turning. The Turismo is after all a sports car so maybe you want to keep this value unchanged. But it could be fun to play with this.
I'm not quite sure how turn mass affects the traction, because traction has its own value.

ipokerhu
Wow! You can change the values for these things? I had no idea this could be done, but then again, I feel lucky to be able to play the game.
Can this be done on a PC? I'm betting it can, but if I try that, then I'll more than likely screw the pooch, and not be able to play the game at all. Jumpy.gif
Glad I got the ball rolling though, I figure a dumb ass answer is the best way to get a better one out of others. I'm learning these things in college psychology, lol
demon
QUOTE (ipokerhu @ Jan 16 2010, 01:34 PM) *
Wow! You can change the values for these things? I had no idea this could be done, but then again, I feel lucky to be able to play the game.
Can this be done on a PC? I'm betting it can, but if I try that, then I'll more than likely screw the pooch, and not be able to play the game at all. Jumpy.gif
Glad I got the ball rolling though, I figure a dumb ass answer is the best way to get a better one out of others. I'm learning these things in college psychology, lol

PC is the easiest version to edit because on a PC the game is installed!
Before you start editing the file, create a copy of the file and give it a name like "[backup] handling.cfg".

The game save files probably won't know what you do to the handling.cfg file, but I would not take any risks. Don't overwrite a valuable save file unless you know it is safe! On the PS2 version there are a few cheats that can screw the chances of getting 100% completion, but cheat codes do more than just edit some values in the handling file.

Psychologists frightens me, lol..
§ynch
I read about modifying files back in the GTA:III days....

The superjumps and lighter bike weights, etc...

Through all the GTA games, I would never cheat.

Can't believe people would ever feel the need to do this.

I wouldn't have been able to feel good about my 100% in
GTA:III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, or GTA:IV if I had cheated.

demon
I agree with you §ynch, I would never save a game after using cheats, for two reasons.
One reason is technical, using cheats is not risk free. The other reason is that it would not feel right, I can not enjoy beating a game using cheats. And playing a game is all about enjoying it.

But I do have fun with cheats now and then, it can be fun to fool around with them. Perhaps this is what Normal wants to do.
ipokerhu
I totally agree on the cheat factor.
I love to play it straight, but I have to admit the PC has a glitch or too that does help.
On my systum it doesn't take any cash or weapons when I die or get arrested (kinda cool).
now that I've got it to go FAST it's a blast.
I'm working on the sub missions now and will get 100% some day for sure.
Keeping up with all these bitchescan be a pain.
I'm thinking of taking Barb up in the chopper and jumping out and she if she servives the fall.
I killed off Denise after she started nagging me too much, lol.
Have 2 chapters on Essentials of Psycology to read before Tuesday, so I'd better get to it...
Thanks again for the tips people, see you on the boards.
Carl
demon
QUOTE (ipokerhu @ Jan 17 2010, 05:35 AM) *
I love to play it straight, but I have to admit the PC has a glitch or too that does help.

Exploiting glitches is not cheating, I do it myself sometimes. But now I don't talk about major glitches that makes it too easy.

Weasel
If you kill Barb or Kate you will lose the ability to keep your weapons when busted/wasted.
ipokerhu
notworthy.gif I'll be sure to save before doing so, but I'm still going to jump. I've got to know if what your saying will affect my game. I haven't lost a penny or weapon yet. stupid.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.